2014 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

I didn't get my score posted last week--it was 0, so it didn't matter. I hope to have some much needed crochet time this week! I have some yarn coming in, so everyone has shopping privileges this week.

The box arrived: 37 skeins of cotton = -74.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will have a score this week!!!  :yay  :cheer

My almost daughter-in-law was here yesterday with my goddaughter, and she knits... well, she's low on yarn, and she uses the kind of yarn that I have a hard time with so I unloaded a few skeins to her.  Good for her, good for me!   :clap  :woo

I was feeling :sick , so I left work early, took Nyquil and :sleep. I did a little :crocheting afterwards. I'm almost done with the c2c, I used up a skein (+2) :cheer . It should take about 1/4 - 1/3 of a skein to finish. I have 2 more skeins, so I should have enough :yarn to add a nice border. I still feel a little :sick, so I'm going to :sleep soon. I need to finish this afghan and some potholders for a charity sale in a couple of weeks.

WTD: + 4  YTD: + 141

Ellie 13

been crocheting but not using anything up. several projects going on. i am not on as often because either I forget or computer isn't connecting to internet. didn't matter last week as I had a score of 0.

2014 Stashbusting: wtd: -4 ytd: -79 11/8/14

This past week I had one visit from the home health care nurse instead of two visits.  Then this Friday I went to the wound care center.  Unfortunately there has been a set back with my leg.  Instead of little or no drainage from my leg this week, there was more.  It had soaked through all of the wrapping layers. So now I am back to two visits a week from home health care and one visit to the wound care center.  I am also on a second round of my antibiotic.  I was also told to buy a tube of an ointment for home health care to put on my leg.  This ointment helps to dry up the drainage and to moisturize your skin.  I have used it before and just love it.  Its called Calmoseptine.  It has calamine lotion in it.  Its good for quite a few things besides my open sores. :ohdear  :shrug

WTD: 0

I'm crocheting another prayer shawl.  This week I worked two skeins into balls and used up a ball.

For week ending Nov. 8, 2014:

WTD:  +3   /   YTD:  -137

I will post scores early afternoon tomorrow.  Church is at 7:30 a.m. and then I teach.  I'll get home after that and then post, so you have a little extra time if you need it.

:woo

I have a score this week!!!

:woo

As I said earlier in the week, I gifted some yarn to a person in need.   :manyheart  She ended up with 9 skeins that I probably wouldn't have ever used.   :clap  {+18}

In addition to that, I used up 2 balls, used most of another ball and gifted the remainder to my daughter, and gifted another ball to my daughter for a total of 4 balls disappearing from my stash... :cheer  {+4}

Also, I rolled a skein into a ball!   :yay  {+1}

My grand total for this week is... *DRUM ROLL PLEASE*

WTD +23 / YTD +54

week ending 11/08/2014

With Deepest Affection

Gold          crabby rat     +23

Silver         SamT87        +9

Bronze       Ellie 13          +4

Farewell My Sweet

BigPinkPolkaDot     +3

pineknott     +2

In My Heart a Little Longer

PBLKNP     0

pliefeld     0

tnkycrochetnut     0

Come, Stay With Me and Let Me Love You

Addicted2patterns     -4

randib82     -6

Braxxi     -24

I'll take You to the Moon and Back

greyhoundgrandma     -67

This past week I had one visit from the home health care nurse instead of two visits.  Then this Friday I went to the wound care center.  Unfortunately there has been a set back with my leg.  Instead of little or no drainage from my leg this week, there was more.  It had soaked through all of the wrapping layers. So now I am back to two visits a week from home health care and one visit to the wound care center.  I am also on a second round of my antibiotic.  I was also told to buy a tube of an ointment for home health care to put on my leg.  This ointment helps to dry up the drainage and to moisturize your skin.  I have used it before and just love it.  Its called Calmoseptine.  It has calamine lotion in it.  Its good for quite a few things besides my open sores. :ohdear  :shrug

WTD: 0

Sorry to hear of your setback.  My best friend has a wound currently that will not heal as well.  Adding you to my prayers.  I was given Calmoseptine by a hospital a couple years ago after a surgery where I had a bad reaction to what they cleaned my skin with.  LOVE IT!

I haven't posted in 2 weeks...but I have barely touched the hook and yarn. My mom was back in the hospital.  She is home again for us to care for here.  I have several projects I am trying to finish.  Hoping to make some progress on the stash this week.  :yes

The c2c is done  :cheer ! I forgot that when you decrease, you use less :yarn  on each row, so I had enough to make a border. Rolled the skein to a small ball (+ 1). Didn't need the last skein. I made 3 potholders from a pounder of cotton, will roll it when I finish 1 more potholder. I made some turkey pins and started a stuffed turkey. I used a ball (+ 1). I need more pin backs and some yellow :yarn. If I buy it on Sun., I won't lose my 2 points, but will start next week with a minus. 

WTD: + 2  YTD: + 143

Ellie 13

I got requests for a couple of hats so had to go to Joann's to get the right colors. Ended up getting 7 skeins (-14). One of my partial skeins was starting to collapse in on itself so I rolled it up in a ball (+1). 

This week was an active crochet week.  I got to crochet during two hockey games and a football game! 

I received three free skeins from my prayer shawl group:  -6.  I finished five balls doing motifs for a baby blanket.:  +5.  I worked two skeins down into balls on a shawl:  +2.  And while working on my son's afghan, I rolled another skein into a huge ball because every time I tried to get more yarn out of the middle, out came a huge glop of yarn barf!:  +1.  So that's all a +2.

For week ending Nov. 15, 2014:

WTD:  +2  /  YTD:  -135

Archived