2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The scarf I made looked really cool, so I decided to make strips 6 in. wide X 3 ft. long. Kind of like a Mile-A-Minute in the box stitch. I have 6 balls rainbow colors and 5 skeins off white. Each strip is 1 color with off white. It takes 1/2 of a color ball and a little less than 1/2 a skein off white for 1 strip. At most, I'll use 3 of the skeins for the afghan. I'm into my 2nd strip and rolled a skein down (+1) :cheer. But I still have balls left :sigh.

WTD + 1 YTD: + 74

Ellie 13

Got so excited about my winnings at the county fair (7 firsts, 5 seconds and a third prize) that I started planning projects for next year, and ordered yarn.

Going to make a scarf and a Christening gown and bonnet with my winnings.

so now I'm in the negatives.

:manyheart

Congratulations!

I've been crocheting everyday this week but haven't finished the afghan so my score for this week is 0

darn Walmart..bunch of red tag stuff. 4 skeins jumped in my cart :eek ..really they did.... :cheer:lol

Used up a skein on a hat... so WTD -6

I don't think I'll have a chance to use up anything else, but can change it if I do :)

I nearly forgot about posting my score! :eek I haven't gotten much used, but I did manage to roll 2 skeins down to balls... :D So, my score for

Week Ending 8-4-2012 is:

WTD +2 / YTD +2

Way to Bust that Stash!!

Braxxi +15 Gold Medal Winner!!! :cheer:clap:cheer

dragonpuck +10 Silver Medal Winner!!! :cheer:clap:cheer

pineknott +9 Bronze Medal Winner!!! :cheer:clap:cheer

greyhoundgrandma +6

prettywoman030981 +3

crabby rat +2

ddc +1

Ellie 13 +1

Holding Steady!!

cshort 0

krazycrocheter 0

tnkycrochetnut 0

VikingRunnerGirl 0

walker 1021 0

More Yarn!!

cris -1

FrLopLady -6

CLLinda -12

BigPinkPolkaDot -19

yarn_geek -30 Shoot the Moon Winner!!! :devil

If I forgot anybody or made any mistakes, let me know and I'll fix it. :ohdear

I guess I posted my score to early. I wondered why it wasn't on the list. I went back and found I posted it on Friday the 3rd.

Sorry about that! I'm not sure how I missed it; I went all the way back to the beginning of the week. :oops

My granddaughter needed a blanket for her new doll, and a friend wanted a crocheted necktie so I had to go shopping. But I only bought 3 skeins and I already used 2 on the doll blanket. I started the necktie last night and hope to get a lot done, maybe finished, on my 12 hour ride home from South Carolina to Florida.

Its ok we all have our insane/brain fart moments

:lol some of us are better at having those moments in public, apparently! :rofl

I finished a RHSS skein today for +2. I am basking in the glory while I can, because tomorrow I'll be driving by HL en route to somewhere else (to pitch a hissy fit at the Comcast office) and I'm planning on popping in to check on the progress of their clearance. So I doubt that beautiful + will last long.

Started a scarf today in that RedHeart Team Sport yarn. Pretty rough stuff. I may return the three other skeins I bought. If I hadn't promised my friend's daughter a scarf, I send all of it back. It's not soft at all.

:manyheart

Archived