2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

Insanely jealous of those with tomatoes

'

home made salsa is exquisite :manyheart

and all my good work in the past two week is up in flames

working on scarves and I do so like RH shimmer, but not using it up as fast as I would like. -21 as of this moment, hopefully I will use a couple more skeins before Saturday :eek

also got some baby yarn to make preemie cocoons-- as long as I was buying yarn----

You may have saved my behind lol I have to go count

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really find it hard to approve of all this yarn acquisition this week. Couldn't you have waited until next week when all mine will arrive??? :lol

Posting early. Lots of work ahead of me today. Got to catch up on housework so I can work on my fair projects. I'm entering 13 projects in the fair this year and I have only 9 completed.

:manyheart

WTD=+5 YTD=+42

I think I'll jump back in. I bought 4 skeins and 5 skeins were given to me this week. WTD:-9 YTD:-8

I hope I did it right. Can someone tell me if I did? TY

It's 2 points for each skein. Have fun with your new yarn!

I going to try and finish a cone before the day ends.

I'll be crocheting this evening, but not finishing anything countable. This week, my yarn in balanced my yarn out, so:

WTD: 0 -- YTD: +9

I've been stuck in the kitchen. The garden is about to whip me. Butterbeans on top of the regular eggplant, zucchini, and okra. Peas, corn and yellow squash have slowed down. Tomatoes are coming in faster than I can do something with them or give them away. After several years of the tomatoes not doing much, we are just covered up this year. And now the figs are getting ripe.

My yarn is calling me, but it keeps getting a busy signal!

LOL...I hear you on the "busy signal"--not much time for yarn this week here either. However, I am very jealous of your tomatoes....mine are looking downright wimpy :think

WTD = 0 YTD = -35

It looks like a lot of people were checking in this week. Can't wait to see all the scores!

For week ending July 14th, 2012:

WTD +2 / YTD 0

I'm back to zero for the year! :cheer I have been putting together my granny square afghan - I have 72 out of 80 squares hooked together in one direction, and managed to use up the skein... so I'll be pulling out another to finish getting the last 8 squares attached horizontally, then I can go through and connect them vertically, then it's just a matter of a border! :yay

used up a skein making 3 hats.

+2

8 new skeins in a yarn exchange... then I had to frog a project. Ended up with 3 balls so 11 total...

-22 for the week....

Remember all I am on the west coast and I have to be at church til 1:30pm PST so it will be late afternoon for me and evening for many of you before I get the scores posted.

My score for the week ending July 14, 2012 is:

WTD: +1

:woo

For some reason I am not getting much crocheting :crocheting done but at least this week I rolled one skein into a ball. :woo

Braxxi +27 Gets the GOLD!

pineknott +15 goes for silver!

BigPinkPolkadot +9 comes in with the bronze!

Also using up stash:

CLLinda +5

Ellie13 +2

greyhoundgrandma +2

crabby rat +2

tnkycrochetnut +1

Holding steady...

Shannart

ddc

Swimming in new yarn...

yarn_geek -6

dragonpuck -17

crazycrocheter -18

and FLOUNDERING in new yarn..again this week is yours truly!!

SHOOT THE MOON WINNER!! Frloplady -21

Mary, I'm going to enjoy my bare holding steady, because if my Joann orders arrive this week, I may be covering myself with glory of the lunar variety, and dethroning you. I ordered 36 skeins, in two orders. I placed one and had one of those oh-no! moments when I realized I failed to include this and that. I scurried around and found a coupon for free shipping on $25 so I shot off another. Of course I had to add more to get to $25, but shipping is a waste of money, right? When it could go to More Yarn? At least that's what this queen of rationalization tells herself.

Archived