2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:oops:faint:embar I forgot to post my scores this past Saturday. So sorry about that. My mind (and heart) was someplace else Saturday. It was with a member of my Sunday School class whose husband passed away Wednesday night/Thursday morning. My husband and I went to the visitation Saturday afternoon. Sunday I have no idea where my mind was. So here is my score for the week ending 6/30/2012:

WTD: 0 YTD: -59

I am crocheting but not using up much yarn. Nor am I getting many things made.

So I went to Joann's today for 2 skeins of yarn and came home with 6 which put me at -12. But then I finished off a skein and used part of another so I think I'm at -9 now.

I made 4 more squares, I now have 12 squares for charity :). I made 3 purses, 1 pink, 1 purple and 1 blue. I used 2 balls and 2 3.5 oz. skeins (+6) :cheer. I read somewhere that you can :crocheting with VHS tape. I found a box of tapes by the curb for trash pick up, and took a bunch. Do I count it as "gained stash" when I get it out of cassettes :think? Do I have to roll it into a ball or work from the reel :think?

WTD: + 6 YTD: + 65

Ellie 13

Working on projects for the county fair. Too hot to be outside. Went out for a little while to peel corn on the cob, and that was enough for me. It's brutal out there. 100+ degrees.

So it's giving me crafting time. And that's ok with me. Trying to use up some yarn while I'm at it.

:manyheart

Finally get a chance to work on my afghan. Two days off and I plan on staying inside out of the heat. I have already used up several skeins and plan on using up more.

Yesterday (4th) it was very hot (102 degrees) so we stayed outside for and hour, BBQ'd and then came inside to eat and get cool.

Hope everyone had a wonderful 4th and didn't sweat tooo much.

Being grounded is helping my score. Used up two balls of yarn today.

Too hot again to be outside. So I finished up an entire skein working on a prayer shawl. Score is now +5. When will this weather break?

I sent all my charity squares out today. I made a larger "clutch" type purse and rolled down a skein (+1) :cheer. I took apart 16 old video tapes Wed. night. I haven't started to :crocheting with them yet, because I'm not sure what to make. I might have enough to make a small purse. I'll let you know how it goes.

WTD: + 7 YTD: + 66

Ellie 13

Posting early. Had a good week of working with yarn. Just too hot to do much else.

WTD=+5 Ytd=+37

Am I the only one who went shopping this week? My score for July 7th is

wtd -8, ytd +7

No, but does it count that all the yarn except one skein was on clearance at Joann's?? :cheer:cheer:cheer

But that means....

I bought 9, I've made 2 balls this week...WTD -16

I finally got back to the holey moley shawl and finished the last 1 1/2 rows, but no yarn to count as used. Off to start on another cotton tote now, unfortunately using cones again.

And cones seem to take forever to use up. :manyheart

Archived