2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

It's finally breathable outside. Planning on going to the beach, with a project and just hanging out there, under a tree!

:manyheart

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's finally breathable outside. Planning on going to the beach, with a project and just hanging out there, under a tree!

It's finally bearable here, too, (not even 80 yet) but that's because it's raining. But we are NOT complaining--we desperately need the rain.

Stashbusting Scores for

July 7th, 2012

Dragonpuck +11 Gold medal winner:cheer

Ellie 13 +7 Silver medal winner:cheer

Tied for Bronze

ddc +6 :cheer and Cathoms+6

Using up yarn:

Cllinda +5

greyhoundgrandma +4

Shannart +3

Pineknott +3

prettywoman030981 +3

BigPinkPolkaDot +1

Staying the same:

crabby rat 0

tnkycrochetnut 0

New yarn to play in:

yarn geek -2

cshort -8

And the winner of "Shoot the Moon" is FrLopLady with a score of -16

I'm soooo sorry. I had so much to do yesterday and totally forgot about doing scores until a couple minutes ago. Thanks for stepping in CLLinda.

I'm soooo sorry. I had so much to do yesterday and totally forgot about doing scores until a couple minutes ago. Thanks for stepping in CLLinda.

No problem! :manyheart

boy I can tell it's hot on that end of the country..nobody is shopping lol. Come on ya'll the malls and stores have AC!! :rofl

With 100 degree temps, I don't think too many people were out buying anything but ice cream! :sun:hot:sun:icecream:icecream:icecream

I'm using RHSS 7 oz. skeins in rainbow colors and 3 balls of black I found. 6" squares takes less than 1/2 a skein of the color, so nothing to count :(. I used 2 balls of black though (+2) :cheer. Maybe I should make 8 sq. X 10 sq. instead of 6 sq. X 6 sq. I know I have pounder of black somewhere :think. The squares work up quick, but :crocheting them together will take forever. I'm posting my score now, because I'm not sure if I'll get back here before Sat. I'm going to N.H. on Sat. for my nieces double graduation party, one from H.S., one from U.N.H. :cheer.

WTD: + 2 YTD: + 68

Ellie 13

Well, I did a little shopping - a skein of RHSS Aruba Sea to finish a project, and two clearance skeins of I Love This Yarn Seaside ombre. I've used two skeins, so at the moment I'm down -2, but I'm almost finished with a yellow skein. I'll at least break even this week, but hope to climb back up the positive side!

Where is everyone? Did I say something wrong?

I've been stuck in the kitchen. The garden is about to whip me. Butterbeans on top of the regular eggplant, zucchini, and okra. Peas, corn and yellow squash have slowed down. Tomatoes are coming in faster than I can do something with them or give them away. After several years of the tomatoes not doing much, we are just covered up this year. And now the figs are getting ripe.

My yarn is calling me, but it keeps getting a busy signal!

Uh-oh! I just saw that Joann.com has one of their 30% off every yarn sale - AND free shipping. I have a bad feeling about where I'll be in the ranking in a week or so. And so go the good resolutions!

Working on my green afghan for the county fair. It's probably about 2/3's done. Has to be ready by the 30th. Plus I've got other little projects to finish for the fair. It's crunch time!

Working on my green afghan for the county fair. It's probably about 2/3's done. Has to be ready by the 30th. Plus I've got other little projects to finish for the fair. It's crunch time!

Nothing like working under pressure! Good luck with finishing everything!

Donna--I would certainly share. We keep telling our friends and neighbors to eat them faster! We haven't had tomatoes for breakfast yet, but that may be next.

Nothing like working under pressure! Good luck with finishing everything!

Donna--I would certainly share. We keep telling our friends and neighbors to eat them faster! We haven't had tomatoes for breakfast yet, but that may be next.

I wonder how they would taste on an english muffin with a little cheese on top for breakfast?

I only wish we had a garden. Haven't planted one in a few years.

I wonder how they would taste on an english muffin with a little cheese on top for breakfast?

I only wish we had a garden. Haven't planted one in a few years.

oh!! a paul robeson, a black tomato variety, on a muffin with mozzarella melted on top..oh yeah!!

Insanely jealous of those with tomatoes

'

home made salsa is exquisite :manyheart

and all my good work in the past two week is up in flames

working on scarves and I do so like RH shimmer, but not using it up as fast as I would like. -21 as of this moment, hopefully I will use a couple more skeins before Saturday :eek

also got some baby yarn to make preemie cocoons-- as long as I was buying yarn----

Archived