2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

Everyone go shopping!!! I have adopted 159 skeins of yarn!

well, I already did :hook But you must have had a bigger cart than me :crocheting

my box of donated yarn didn't arrive so I will do some math and post once I have finished scarfing for the crochet-lympics Saturday evening

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did my duty and bought yarn too, but with the Olympics challenge I have been crocheting furiously and I'll be able to pull it back into positive territory by tomorrow. I don't have my tally here at work with me, but I think it was -1. I have at least one more full skein to add to that, and probably one or two I can roll.

Sorry, Braxxi. I can't buy or adopt 160 skeins to save you. I would have to rent a larger apartment and it way too hot to move. Still, it would be lovely to have the opportunity.

I did my duty and bought yarn too, but with the Olympics challenge I have been crocheting furiously and I'll be able to pull it back into positive territory by tomorrow. I don't have my tally here at work with me, but I think it was -1. I have at least one more full skein to add to that, and probably one or two I can roll.

Sorry, Braxxi. I can't buy or adopt 160 skeins to save you. I would have to rent a larger apartment and it way too hot to move. Still, it would be lovely to have the opportunity.

It would be so lovely to be able to buy or be gifted that much yarn. Have nowhere to put it.

:lol:lol:lol I had meant that everyone could go shopping without having to worry about Shoot the Moon! :lol:lol:lol

Posting early. Going to the gym and then coming home for housework. Not my favorite kind of day.

WTD=0 YTD=+43

:manyheart

Oh Braxxi, you are so tempting me. You and Joann.com. They have up to 25% off all of their yarn through tomorrow. Plus free shipping on orders of $40 or more, but that ends today.

The other day in a Herrschners' ad for Village Yarn Craft Cotton Balls and Cones I fell in love with 3 colors. They are Bright Green, Lemon Ice, and Morning Sky. I thought these colors would make such lovely dishcloths. Also I thought it might be nice to use some white with these colors. I talked myself out of ordering even though Herrschners had free shipping. Later I got thinking what lovely colors to use to make lapghans. So I thought about RHSS. They had similar shades plus I thought a pink and orchid would go with these colors. What lovely lapghans could be made. Now with this sale (RHSS is $2.49) and free shipping it's very tempting. MMMMM!! :think:scrachin:eek

Now to post my score for the week ending August 11, 2012:

WTD: +0

I rolled a skein down (+1) :cheer and finished the 5th strip for my baby afghan. I hope to get the last strip done tonight. If I do, I might be able to :crocheting it together and make the border tomorrow :cheer. Next week I'm going to :crocheting squares I made 2 weeks ago together. I'll have 2 baby afghans for Project Linus.

WTD: + 2 YTD: + 76

Ellie 13

I worked this week, but didn't finish anything off yet. :sigh

Wtd = 0; Ytd = 0

But at least I'm working again! (It seriously has been months since I've done any yarn stuff, until I started to be active on here - thanks, all!) One of these days I'll use up some yarn and move to the positive side! :D

I knew I wasn't the only one who could resist temptation. Who else is with us? Bet you can't resist? Lets see how many of us can resist yarn. Huh

Haven't been anywhere that has sold yarn (besides Wal Mart), so there hasn't been any temptations lately. :)

I think I can officially give permission for everyone to go shopping.:devil

Pamida- where I have been getting my RH Shimmer is becoming a Shopko and last I looked they didn't carry craft stuff let alone yarn. It was 20% off so I filled two big bags. I need some Coffee , which they didn't have ---will get that tomorrow, and I may get a big box of donated yarn so I will post the numbers in a couple of days-- even with what I may use up the number will be above 40 :hook

might as well get my shopping out of the way---

As fast as you crochet, but this new stash will be gone in no time at all!:crocheting:hook:crocheting

Haven't crocheted any this week. I guess that's just how it goes sometimes.

I'm in the same boat. My heart just isn't in it right now. :(

Everyone go shopping!!! I have adopted 159 skeins of yarn!

Holy Cow!!! Do you have room to store all of that?

Just went thru two drawers of yarn. It was time to de stash and send some to Goodwill. 20 skeins and 13 balls. And I still have quite a bit of stash to go thru. Most of the skeins were ones that were gifted to me and I knew I just wouldn't use up in my life time. It's time to share with others. :D

WTD +53

And I'm finally in the postive from my YTD!! +41:woo

since neither of my last two scarves will finish a skein today, I am posting

WTD -55 YTD +111

my box of donated yarn will be here next week , containing appx 40 skeins/balls so I think you can all so shopping next week as well :devil

Braxxi--we need details--what kinds of yarn?! So much yarn to play with!

Jana--aren't you having separation anxiety? Yea for a positive ytd! I working to get back under -100!

WTD +8

No anxiety yet. That will hit when I go to look for "that yarn I know I have somewhere" then realize oops, shouldn't have gotten rid of it. :lol

I've got another two or three hours to go to finish the last Olympics challenge lapghan (hooray!), but there won't be anything else tonight that counts here.

WTD: +4 YTD: -40

Archived