2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

Started a scarf today in that RedHeart Team Sport yarn. Pretty rough stuff. I may return the three other skeins I bought. If I hadn't promised my friend's daughter a scarf, I send all of it back. It's not soft at all.

:manyheart

Yeah I saw in in Joann's last week and didn't look at it long for just that reason

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Up to +3 today, but went by the HL clearance and picked up 7 skeins, so now it's -11. I doubt I will be able to catch up to that this week, and I may check HL again at the end of the week.

I got 4 of a variegated green with a pale yellow, almost ivory, and bright raspberry color, and 3 skeins of a variegated with yellows/golds and a little bright raspberry. They would not be my first choice of colors, but I have a couple of lapghan patterns that make up nicely with variegated colors. I hope I catch the clearance when the solid colors start showing up.

I looked you up on Ravelry, but didn't see the project. Maybe I was searching incorrectly. I find Ravelry rather overwhelming. I was wondering though if the pistache would look good with it. I don't know that I will get to it any time soon though. Too many other WIPs.

I looked you up on Ravelry, but didn't see the project. Maybe I was searching incorrectly. I find Ravelry rather overwhelming. I was wondering though if the pistache would look good with it. I don't know that I will get to it any time soon though. Too many other WIPs.

Is ok..I couldn't find it either!! http://www.ravelry.com/projects/FrLopLady/9-pointed-star-round-ripple-3 is the link. For whatever reason that is marked as a finished project..and doesn't show up under "show all"

I was so good. I went to HL to get buttons for a snuggly bunting, and that's all I came home with. And there was a lot of clearance yarn, but I resisted!

It takes a lot of will power not to let the yarn jump in the cart!

I think I can officially give permission for everyone to go shopping.:devil

Pamida- where I have been getting my RH Shimmer is becoming a Shopko and last I looked they didn't carry craft stuff let alone yarn. It was 20% off so I filled two big bags. I need some Coffee , which they didn't have ---will get that tomorrow, and I may get a big box of donated yarn so I will post the numbers in a couple of days-- even with what I may use up the number will be above 40 :hook

might as well get my shopping out of the way---

I was so good. I went to HL to get buttons for a snuggly bunting, and that's all I came home with. And there was a lot of clearance yarn, but I resisted!

It takes a lot of will power not to let the yarn jump in the cart!

:D:yay:yay:yay:h5:jumpyay:woo:woo:tup:applause I'm so proud of you!!! :whew I bet your glad that's over with. All that temptation. But you stayed strong. YOU GO GIRL!!! :day I knew I wasn't the only one who could resist temptation. Who else is with us? Bet you can't resist? Lets see how many of us can resist yarn. Huh

I'm so proud of you!!! :whew I bet your glad that's over with. All that temptation. But you stayed strong. YOU GO GIRL!!! I knew I wasn't the only one who could resist temptation. Who else is with us? Bet you can't resist? Lets see how many of us can resist yarn. Huh

I'm usually preeeeetty good at resisting the temptation since when I started I set myself a rule that I would not buy yarn unless I had a specific project in mind for it, and therefore knew how much I would need. I always worry that if I just get one skein of something "to try it out", I'll end up picking a project for it that uses more than one skein and I won't be able to match the yarn again! And since I can't afford to buy MORE than one skein just for stash, I said "No, don't do that!" :tryme

If a yarn I REALLY like is on clearance though... I do have a hard time resisting that! I have a box or two of yarn that I only have vague ideas what I'm going to make into because of clearances (like when our local Hancock's shut down). I don't know if I'd have been able to resist an HL clearance just because I've been reading a lot about ILTY on the threads I'm picking lately and I'm starting to get itchy to try it out! :lol

I used a ball (+1) :cheer. I made 4 1/2 strips so far. 1 skein makes 3 strips, so I should be rolling the 2nd skein down soon. If it takes less than 2 1/2 skeins to make the afghan, I'll have enough to make a 2nd one. If I get more points, I'll try to get here to post them by Sat.

WTD: + 1 YTD: + 75

Ellie 13

Bought 2 skeins to make baby blankets and Rolled a skein into a ball, going to finish that ball up in the next few days. Crochet add is kicking in and I started a baby blanket instead of working on my sweetheart ripple. Going to finish it and NOT start anything else until the sweetheart is D-O-N-E!!!!

I did use up a whole skein of that RH School Spirit yarn. Working on using this yarn up as fast as possible. Won't buy it again!

I did use up a whole skein of that RH School Spirit yarn. Working on using this yarn up as fast as possible. Won't buy it again!

Why don't you like it? Feel/working quality? Just curious since I noticed it for the first time on their website and thought it was a semi-interesting concept. Only semi-interesting because I don't have any affiliation with any schools that use colors they had available! So I probably wasn't going to buy any anyway. :D

But I'd kind of tucked it away in my mind for potential gifts... not if it's no fun to work with, though! :P

Haven't crocheted any this week. I guess that's just how it goes sometimes.

Some weeks are just better than others.

BAck at Zero for the week. Won a skein this week on Ravelry (Twenty Minute Thrifty Knitter Group) and it arrived today. It's a great color Sugar Plum from Sun Valley Yarns. It's beautiful! It's worth the losing of two points, that's for sure!

Why don't you like it? Feel/working quality? Just curious since I noticed it for the first time on their website and thought it was a semi-interesting concept. Only semi-interesting because I don't have any affiliation with any schools that use colors they had available! So I probably wasn't going to buy any anyway. :D

But I'd kind of tucked it away in my mind for potential gifts... not if it's no fun to work with, though! :P

It is "super" coarse yarn. I saw some at Joann's, picked it up and went...ewwwwwwwww Put it back

Everyone go shopping!!! I have adopted 159 skeins of yarn!

Holy Cow! That's a lot! Enjoy it! But there's no way I can even come close to that number! :)

Archived