2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been playing in my novelty yarn this week, and those skeins are TINY! LOL I have a decent score for once...

For week ending

August 11, 2012

WTD +10 / YTD +12

Holy moley! There are some impressive scores this week!

Way to Bust That Stash!

walker1021 +53 Gold Medal Winner!!!

greyhoundgrandma +16 Silver Medal Winner!!!

pineknott +14 Bronze Medal Winner!!!

crabby rat +10

cshort +5

ddc +4

PBLKNP +4

Ellie 13 +2

BigPinkPolkaDot +1

FrLopLady +1

Holding Steady!

CLLinda 0

krazycrocheter 0

shannart 0

tnkycrochetnut 0

VikingRunnerGirl 0

yarn_geek 0

More Yarn!

unicorn37757 -2/-4 (?)

prettywoman030981 -3

dragonpuck -55

Braxxi -314!!! Shoot the Moon Winner!!! -Tag, you're it! :devil

If I made any mistakes or missed anyone, let me know and I'll fix it.

Braxxi had a good time at the stores this week! And I see a lot of people in the Zeros column, including myself. Let's all strive to use up some yarn this week!

Oh, and Congrats to the Medal winners this week! You are awesome!

:manyheart

WTG, everyone! I so wish I had the time to crochet right now, but I'm in the middle of canning, dehydrating, & starting homeschooling again. I'm hoping that I'll soon have time to pick up my hook & yarn again. I may have to start taking a small project with me on Tuesdays for while I'm waiting for the kids to get out of Karate class.

My little +4 would have been a lot more impressive if I had mustered the discipline not to buy new stuff. That was offsetting a -14. I'm just amazed I had a positive score at all. But then, I was crocheting like mad to finish the Olympics challenge.

I have a couple of WIPs started that use RH Classic. I will shine when I hit those. So many BIG skeins in my stash....

Oh I counted 2 because it said 1 point for getting a ball & they were those tiny ones of fancy yarn, but if I did it wrong I will be glad to change to it.

if you bought 2 shouldn't it be a -4?

wtd: -1, ytd: -197

edited as I rolled one ball last night

ok here is the funny for the week..I'm to used to being in the negative numbers... a ball being rolled is a +1 not a -1 :lol:lol:lol Oh well at least I adjusted my ytd correctly :D

Congratulations everyone. Wow what a large stash busting total for Walker1021!!! I was so tempted to buy more yarn but I resisted. I posted earlier about falling in love with 3 colors from Village Yarn Craft Cotton and finding 3 similar colors in RHSS which Joann.com had on sale as well as free shipping on orders of $40 or more. I keep some of my stash tied up in white bags near my side of the bed. I can see the colors through the bags. I can see I already have a similar yellow and blue as the Village Yarn Craft Cotton yarn. All I really need is the Spring Green which I am pretty sure I don't have any on hand of that in the RHSS. So I decided to wait until Joann.com has free shipping on any size order. Either that or go to my local Walmart (which is not a Super Center one) and see if they have the Spring Green.

I have been more on a reading kick than a crocheting kick the last few weeks. Maybe soon I will get back to crocheting or at least do a little reading as well as a little crocheting each day. Everyone have a good week and keep busting that stash. Okay, or add to that stash if you want.

Oh I counted 2 because it said 1 point for getting a ball & they were those tiny ones of fancy yarn, but if I did it wrong I will be glad to change to it.

A new skein of yarn is -2 no matter the size be it 18 oz. or a half an ounce.

Nice thing is the small ones get used up very quickly and it's +2 for each one used up-- no matter the size :cheer

That big score was only because I got rid of yarn I knew I would never use. Time to share it with someone else. :) this week won't be anything near last week. I'm almost done with a pounder. Sure hope I can use it up before Wed. Going out of town for a few days on Thurs. Happy hooking everyone!!

Thanks I changed my YTD score; guess I misunderstood luckily I've been working on alot of things so maybe I can get that score back up!:crocheting

A new skein of yarn is -2 no matter the size be it 18 oz. or a half an ounce.

Nice thing is the small ones get used up very quickly and it's +2 for each one used up-- no matter the size :cheer

please count me in. I have an enormous stash to "destash", haha

Welcome to the group! Your name has been posted on page #6.

:manyheart

What do you do with all your "litle bitty" balls of left over yarn?

They sit in a box. Sometimes I have some more of the yarn and use the ball when I start another project. I have made a few things with them like a plastic bag holder. I've sent some off to crocheters here that wanted any left over balls.

They sit in a box. Sometimes I have some more of the yarn and use the ball when I start another project. I have made a few things with them like a plastic bag holder. I've sent some off to crocheters here that wanted any left over balls.

My husband would go nuts if my balls were put in a box. Mine are hidden in a dresser drawer in a spare room with lots of yarn.

My husband would go nuts if my balls were put in a box. Mine are hidden in a dresser drawer in a spare room with lots of yarn.

I am bad. I giggled a lot inside when I read the phrase "My husband would go nuts if my balls were put in a box.". I'm sorry.... :embar

I have my acrylic leftover yarn balls in one of those giant Christmas popcorn tins, you know, that comes with three types of artificially flavored popcorn in them? And then the non-acrylic stuff (which I have less of) is just in a clear plastic container, to keep the cat out of it.

Archived