2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Finished up the baby blanket I started! I wanted to make it bigger, but realized I would run out of yarn, so I adjusted it. I used RHSS in Bon Bon, hot pink, turqua, and dark purple.

http://i494.photobucket.com/albums/rr310/jenniferlynnsmith030981/1344963586.jpg

Beautiful bright baby colors. I like it LOTS! How nice :tup

I have 3 Super Saver Skeins of the Bon Bon which I saw this week sitting in my stash on my way to something else....I will have to find something fun to make with it.

I am bad. I giggled a lot inside when I read the phrase "My husband would go nuts if my balls were put in a box.". I'm sorry.... :embar

I have my acrylic leftover yarn balls in one of those giant Christmas popcorn tins, you know, that comes with three types of artificially flavored popcorn in them? And then the non-acrylic stuff (which I have less of) is just in a clear plastic container, to keep the cat out of it.

You're not bad. I thought it could be taken a little on the X rated side but I didn't know how else to word it. Lol.

Your storage ideas are great! I may have to consider borrowing atleast one of those ideas. :)

I use the giant plastic storage bags for the unused 1 point balls, and /or when I get ambitious I put similar colors in a quart size :D

speaking of which, my big box of donated yarn got here early, and I was right, you can all go shopping

-80 :devil, I am using some of the aforementioned 1 pointers on hats to match the scarves I made for the crochet games, so the total will be somewhat less by weeks end, but not enough to change my status-- unless Braxxi has more room----- :devil

I have my acrylic leftover yarn balls in one of those giant Christmas popcorn tins, you know, that comes with three types of artificially flavored popcorn in them? And then the non-acrylic stuff (which I have less of) is just in a clear plastic container, to keep the cat out of it.

Mine are in two plastic shoe boxes, cotton and acrylic. I hadn't thought about using popcorn tins. I think I have a couple of those around somewhere.

The tin I'm using had a pretty scene of Father Christmas in the forest with all the animals. I really liked it and wanted to keep it, so I thought, "Ah, I will keep my yarn in it! Then it will be Really Useful instead of just More Pretty Junk!"

I've since been glad that I did, because the original tin (complete with popcorn and also bonus jigsaw puzzle featuring the Santa picture) was a Christmas present from my mom's sister, who has since passed away. I like that it reminds me of her when I add new balls to the stash, or sort through looking for the perfect scrap to accent a project.

Guess next time I go shopping I'll need to find one of those tins. We used to use one to put our dog food in, but when our dog passed several years ago, we tossed it. Now we have a new dog. Time to buy TWO tins. One for the dog food and one for yarn balls. lol

Guess next time I go shopping I'll need to find one of those tins. We used to use one to put our dog food in, but when our dog passed several years ago, we tossed it. Now we have a new dog. Time to buy TWO tins. One for the dog food and one for yarn balls. lol

We had one at our trailer at the lake. We feed cats, coons, possums--whatever comes up--in the carport. The popcorn tin held the dog biscuits that we give a neighbor's dog when he visits. The feeders got empty one time and the coons toted the tin off to the fence on the property line and then opened it and ate the dog biscuits.

I spent 6 hours outside watching cement dry. Actually, I was trying to keep the boys in the neighborhood away from it.

So I had six hours of crocheting time! Loved every minute! My son even bought me dinner. It was a beautiful day.

Used up 3/4 of a ball of the new baby lustersheen making a Christening gown. I did the yoke, and then started on the skirt. Looking pretty good.

It was a great day!

:manyheart

I used up 29 skeins in the last three days making an afghan. It was super chunky yarn and using a Q-hook. Here's a pic:

post-21933-135897773686_thumb.jpg

So I had six hours of crocheting time! Loved every minute! My son even bought me dinner. It was a beautiful day.

What a great way to spend the day!

I used up 29 skeins in the last three days making an afghan. It was super chunky yarn and using a Q-hook. Here's a pic:

Looks super warm! Don't you love yarn that works up so quickly!

We had one at our trailer at the lake. We feed cats, coons, possums--whatever comes up--in the carport. The popcorn tin held the dog biscuits that we give a neighbor's dog when he visits. The feeders got empty one time and the coons toted the tin off to the fence on the property line and then opened it and ate the dog biscuits.

That is so funny about the coons toting off the tin, opening it, and then eating the dog biscuits. :rofl :rofl

That is so funny about the coons toting off the tin, opening it, and then eating the dog biscuits. :rofl :rofl

I could tell you some coon (wild and slightly domesticated) stories!

This is Prissy, our 9 year old adopted orphan.

post-43634-13589777369_thumb.jpg

I went to Wal-Mart today. They are rearranging the craft section and everything is a mess, but I found 3 cotton cones for $4 each. So even with my +3, I'm back in the hole....-3 for the week. I'm almost through with a skein on the scarf, so maybe I'll at least get back to 0.

Dragonpuck - THANK YOU for getting your box this week! You saved me!

The HL clearance so far is very unproductive for me, since they've put out very little so far except all the stuff I don't use. But when I was by there today, they had Seaspray Stripe back in the store. I have had a project in mind for it for ages, and then couldn't find it. So I picked up two of those, non-clearance. THEN - when I was in Walmart I had to walk right past the yarn, well, it was only a little detour - and the shelves were mostly gaping holes. Huh? But they were putting a lot on clearance. Again, mostly yarn I don't use, but some RHSS, 14 of those leaped into the basket, 4 Soft White fleck for $2, and 10 others for $1.50. Still, I didn't buy all of it, so that's good, huh?

So week to date, 16 new, and 1 ball trashed, so :blush -31.

I so joined this at the wrong time. From January-June I used up tons of yarn and bought almost none. Really, almost NONE. Then I join this in July, and immediately started buying yarn like all the yarn mills burned down and there will never ever be any more. I really need to get my act together! But $1.50 for good colors, come on....

I so joined this at the wrong time. From January-June I used up tons of yarn and bought almost none. Really, almost NONE. Then I join this in July, and immediately started buying yarn like all the yarn mills burned down and there will never ever be any more. I really need to get my act together! But $1.50 for good colors, come on....

yeah yeah..that's what we all say :lol:lol:lol:lol But $1.50..you bet! :cheer

Michaels got me tonight. edit make that 5 skeins -10

Putting in my totals now, so as not to forget...

The good news is that I didn't buy any more yarn this week. The bad news is that, although I finished a project and am feverishly working away at my Granny Square pillows, I haven't used up a skein, so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +0 YTD +9

:crocheting

Used up the rest of the Baby Lustersheen making a Christening dress. So another 2 points for the week.

:manyheart

Posting early. Woke up to an emergency phone call and can't go back to sleep.

WTD=+4 YTD=+47:manyheart

Archived