2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posting early. Woke up to an emergency phone call and can't go back to sleep.

Hope everything is ok.

I used up a skein on a cotton market bag last night, so I'm back to 0. But I hope to get to HL/JoAnn's this afternoon.

Put my scores in way too early today. DH sent me to the bank, which is right down the street from Hobby Lobby. Had to pick up three skeins of sport weight for a baby project.

My new score is:

WTD=-2 YTD=+41

Updated score! All because DH made me go to the bank! Blame him!

:manyheart

I didn't finish my afghan by Mon. like I thought. I got the last strip almost done, when I found a really noticeable mistake in the 4th row :oops. I had to frog at least 20 rows :bang. I was so upset I didn't :crocheting again until Tue. night. I finally got it done last night :cheer. I used a ball and rolled a skein down (+2). Tonight I'm going to start assembling another afghan that I have the squares for.

WTD: + 2 YTD: + 78

Ellie 13

I rolled a skein finishing the crocheting on a lapghan I had dropped when the Olympics challenge started. I'll probably get though a bit more by tonight, so I'll post my score later.

I went thru a LOT of yarn this week.

I am working on a twin-sized multi-colored ripple blanket ala Lucy from Attic 24 which needs to be finished up the first week in September..I just realized how close that is....GASP!!!:2eek

And I made 3 scrappy-squares for one of my favorite charities..the best way I know to get rid of some of those small-sized balls that multiply in their plastic shoebox :lol

I used 11 balls and turned 1 skein into a ball.

WTD = +12 YTD = -23

Drum roll please....

Braxxi +58 ~~ Gold Medal!

Shannart +12 ~~ Silver Medal!

pineknott +6 ~~ Bronze Medal!

BigPinkPolkaDot +2

Ellie 13 +2

greyhoundgrandma +2

prettywoman030981 +2

PBLKNP +0

CLLinda -2

VikingRunnerGirl -3

FrLopLady -10

yarn geek -10

pixidaria -18

ddc -26

cshort -29

Dragonpuck -60 ~~ Shoot the Moon!

+1 from this morning before work.

However a co-worker is having me make two round ripples for her, and, of course, chose some colors I have almost none of in my stash - like one small ball of a main color, so I've been off shopping again at Joann.com. The RH Classic was on sale for 1.60, so I plumped the order up to free shipping with a couple of colors there that I love, emerald and orange, but don't buy because of the cost. Some of that will be used as soon as it comes in, but that still isn't helping de-stash.

Maybe we need a re-stashing challenge. I would shine at that! :rofl

OT... Inside Crochet..are they still around? I had a subscription online through yudu..and I cannot find any new copies available?

I had never heard of it. Looks like it was a nice magazine.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=138996

OOPS! I had a feeling I missed this - but no worries, as I didn't use anything up or get anything new this week... :rofl

Great job on the busting and on the anti-busting you all did this week!!

Archived