crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

Of course they did - your totes are gorgeous!! :yes

For the one you made using ribbon yarn, did you pair that up with a regular worsted weight too, or just use the ribbon yarn alone??? :)

Hi darlin! I used one strand of the ribbon yarn along with one strand of the 'dull' purple that you see at the top and bottom of the bag. Worked perfectly! I have some more ribbon yarn in other colors, have to see if I have enough to make another AWESOME STASH BUSTER TOTE!

kuddles

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i have been meeting myself coming and going this week. been to 2 wakes in as many days. hubby had dr appointment yesterday for multiple issues one of which we thought a spot on his face was cancerous but it WAS NOT!!! dr said something to the effect of its a blood buildup under the skin and is harmless.....at least i think thats what he said (i may have dozed off at some point :lol)

i have been popping in though and absilutely LOVE all the totes!

HMMMM wonder what turtlecious tote sue has for us next?

Thank goodness for that good news! Whew!

kuddles

This has been so much fun!!!nothing like anew project :-)

Has anyone lined one of these yet? I would love to see some of them that has been lined. I'm making these for a Christmas exchange in my family with all the girls. I will be filling them with other items I have made such as dish cloths, coasters, and fun stuff.

Oh great! Now I need to do that and see how it looks!

kuddles

OK ladies

Looky looky what I finished while watching the basketball game :clap:yay I just snapped a quick pic to share, but the lighting is not great now and it's just lying flat.......

Oooo so pretty! In the photo looks just like the one I made in a purple color!

kuddles

Thanks for all your compliments :hug

It looks perfect! I absolutely love this color. what is it?

I used Vanna's Choice in Wild Berry. I bought it last year to make my sil a bag, which never got done so it was already sitting here specifically for her. :D

OK ladies

Looky looky what I finished while watching the basketball game :clap:yay I just snapped a quick pic to share, but the lighting is not great now and it's just lying flat.......

Love it!!!:clap You and me with our bright colors...:lol

Hi darlin! I used one strand of the ribbon yarn along with one strand of the 'dull' purple that you see at the top and bottom of the bag. Worked perfectly! I have some more ribbon yarn in other colors, have to see if I have enough to make another AWESOME STASH BUSTER TOTE!

kuddles

I'll have to try that, too - I have some ribbon yarn I wasn't sure what to do with... LOL Thanks!!! :D

Hi ladies, well I just finished my second tote but now I have gave my self tennis elbow from it being so stiff lol, darn now I have to wait a few days to start another. Nothing holds me back LOL I will get over it lol. Have a great day. I just love seeing all your totes I will try and get pictures up soon. I have only posted one picture so I will have to figure it out it's been a long time. Catch yall later in the day.

Love it!!!:clap You and me with our bright colors...:lol

You're right on that, we love our brights :yes Cheery colors make me smile :D

Hi ladies, well I just finished my second tote but now I have gave my self tennis elbow from it being so stiff lol, darn now I have to wait a few days to start another. Nothing holds me back LOL I will get over it lol. Have a great day. I just love seeing all your totes I will try and get pictures up soon. I have only posted one picture so I will have to figure it out it's been a long time. Catch yall later in the day.

Oh boy, I hope your elbow feels better quickly so you can get started on the next :hug In the meantime, you have extra time to figure out the pictures :devil If you need help, just ask :yes

•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•

::: (\_(\ ...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*

*: (=' :') :::::::: Good Morning :::::::::::

•.. (,('')('')¤...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*... *...*

¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸

Hope all is well with everyone!!!

just wanted to pop in and say :hi HI and let you all know I'm still around.. just been busy!

I have a few charity items I need to mail out... a giveaway that is long over due... and tote bags/purses I've been testing and designing trying to get patterns written up clearly!

Everyones totes are coming out so beautiful! My goodness!

I have some wool yarn here that I'm going to use for a stashbuster and felt! :D

I have one bag that was tested by Sue and almost done by Kuddles and then one more ... and I'll clean it up to make it available. I went back over it myself to rewrite some spots. Its tough to get any real "work" time here with all the extra chaos of my daughter and her kids. :sigh

I have another bag that I just finished creating ... need to type up the pattern. And now have a new clutch bag on my hook that I'm designing and writing. :whew

And in the midst of this I want to do the felted Stash Buster... .LOL :hook

Okay... back to work!

:heart

:mug

are you addicted to crochet? are you addicted to turtlelvrs totes? well if you are then this is the crochet along for you!

no deadlines!

just come sit a spell and make a tote, or two, or ten :lol

the main point of this CAL is to have FUN and make friends along the way!

HAPPY HOOKIN!

Hi all, I am joing this CAL! I'm not promising respectable results since I have never made a tote but y'all have inspired me. The totes are gorgeous and I cant wait to make a "creative" tote (hopefully). If not I will be contacting one of you to BUY yours! LoL:lol

Penny:c9

p.s.: I bought a bunch, which one should I start with?

Penny

Hi all, I am joing this CAL! I'm not promising respectable results since I have never made a tote but y'all have inspired me. The totes are gorgeous and I cant wait to make a "creative" tote (hopefully). If not I will be contacting one of you to BUY yours! LoL:lol

Penny

Hey Penny ~

Welcome to the club! I had never crocheted a tote until the Stash Buster came along. It is super easy (and did anyone tell you how addictive they are??). Have fun picking thru your stash to find just the right colors. And make sure you post pics when you're all done.

I was one of the lucky winners of the stashbuster tote pattern giveaway. Here's a picture of my first bag. Its a quick and easy pattern to make. I made it in about 3 hours.

post-19583-135897653875_thumb.jpg

I was one of the lucky winners of the stashbuster tote pattern giveaway. Here's a picture of my first bag. Its a quick and easy pattern to make. I made it in about 3 hours.

WTG!:yay

...so...how many more are you planning on making?:devil

WTG!:yay

...so...how many more are you planning on making?:devil

I'll definately be making more; I'm thinking of color combinations already.

The first one was just the first colors I grabbed from my scrap bag.

Lovely Susan:

I knew once you make one you would make more..

Its a great fun pattern

I love your color combo...

hugs

Lillibet

Thanks Lilly,

It is a great pattern. I used Red Heart Super Saver in Dress Blues for the varigated, and a navy blue .

Susan

Have you tried wearing a wrist brace at night on the arm that hurts? It helps me A LOT! Sounds weird but the tendon isn't stretched at night if your wrist bends.

#9 felted tote and #10. #10 was actually #11 but I ran out of yarn for one. Found #10 1/2 made under a bag :D so it was actually probably supposed to be #6.... am I confused yet??

HUH??? :rofl

Penny

Welcome Penny and thanks for your purchases!!! :hug

Love it!!

:turtle:vheart

just wanted to pop in and say :hi HI and let you all know I'm still around.. just been busy!

I have a few charity items I need to mail out... a giveaway that is long over due... and tote bags/purses I've been testing and designing trying to get patterns written up clearly!

I have one bag that was tested by Sue and almost done by Kuddles and then one more ... and I'll clean it up to make it available. I went back over it myself to rewrite some spots. Its tough to get any real "work" time here with all the extra chaos of my daughter and her kids. :sigh

I have another bag that I just finished creating ... need to type up the pattern. And now have a new clutch bag on my hook that I'm designing and writing. :whew

Okay... back to work!

LOL You just wore me just reading about all you are doing! Just finished your test tote and will be emailing you with notes and posting a pic to the ville soon!

kuddles

just got done torturing (ok pruning) the tomatoes in the greenhouse. Greeeeen fingers so have to go take a shower. Did um..other work this morning. You all don't need (want) details, just suffice it's messy work :rofl and has to do with farming.

Was going to do HL today..but those tomatoes got in the way. To late to go now I think. It's a 2 hour drive one way.

:hug:hug Hope it feels better quick and hope you figure out how to post the pic!!!

#9 felted tote and #10. #10 was actually #11 but I ran out of yarn for one. Found #10 1/2 made under a bag :D so it was actually probably supposed to be #6.... am I confused yet??
:think I'm confused too!

Okay... back to work!

Wow!!!! How DO you do it all??

Penny

Yay!!! Another addict in the making!!!:yay I've only done the StashBuster tote and have made 3 already- It is EASY!!!!! And comes out so nice!!!!

It's beautiful!!!

just got done torturing (ok pruning) the tomatoes in the greenhouse. Greeeeen fingers so have to go take a shower. Did um..other work this morning. You all don't need (want) details, just suffice it's messy work :rofl and has to do with farming.:lol

Was going to do HL today..but those tomatoes got in the way. To late to go now I think. It's a 2 hour drive one way.

:eek 2 hrs to get yarn?

I got a pic of my 3rd Stash Buster tote. I also finished one of the baby blankets last night so I don't feel guilty when I start Stash Buster tote # 4 tonight!:lol

post-27163-13589765389_thumb.jpg

Archived