crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

All the totes look AMAZING!! I love them all - they are all WONDERFUL!! :D Great job, everybody!! :yes

Something I have noticed with myself as far as headaches go - I am very susceptible to headaches due to atmospheric pressure changes. And nothing will make them go away - no amount of any kind of headache medicine works. Sometimes, they will just keep getting worse until my stomach hurts, too. So I can relate on some level to you ladies that have headaches that just don't want to quit... I wish I could relay some awesome cure-all for them, but I haven't found it yet. :(

I hope you are all feeling better, and that you all had an amazing Easter holiday!!

It's been fun getting all caught up on these posts - a whole lot happens when I'm just too busy to be on the computer for a few days!! I hope to be getting started on a tote here in the near future - all of your beauties are very inspiring!!! :)

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I completed my first tote tonight, one of the Granny Go Rounds. I already gave it to the most wonderful woman in the world, my mom. It was made with ILTY but I don't remember the color. I plan to buy the pattern for the stashbuster tote tomorrow and will hopefully be ready to start one tomorrow night!

[ATTACH]38558[/ATTACH]

I absolutely LOVE everyone's totes! Great job ladies!!!

Red heart has a bright yellow color out. Ok found the sleeve it is called Bright Yellow. Don't know if it is new or not. I mean it is BRIGHT!! :rofl I started a tote with it to go with a black flecked, but the flecks kinda disappeared and so I frogged that part.

I've thought about how the different colors go together..or not..so for kinda an experiment I bought a skein of RH varigated that I think is called Cola. It is darker colors, burgandy, dark pink, kinda green. Not anything really related color wise. I did it on purpose as I wanted to see what would happen...

Beautiful totes ladies!!!

All the totes look AMAZING!! I love them all - they are all WONDERFUL!! :D Great job, everybody!! :yes

Something I have noticed with myself as far as headaches go - I am very susceptible to headaches due to atmospheric pressure changes. And nothing will make them go away - no amount of any kind of headache medicine works. Sometimes, they will just keep getting worse until my stomach hurts, too. So I can relate on some level to you ladies that have headaches that just don't want to quit... I wish I could relay some awesome cure-all for them, but I haven't found it yet. :(

I hope you are all feeling better, and that you all had an amazing Easter holiday!!

It's been fun getting all caught up on these posts - a whole lot happens when I'm just too busy to be on the computer for a few days!! I hope to be getting started on a tote here in the near future - all of your beauties are very inspiring!!! :)

Sure hope you are feeling better soon. I had a migraine from before Thanksgiving until after Christmas (never knew they could last that long!!). I can totally sympathize with you. :hug

Hi ladies:

Well here it is tote number 6 and still counting...

Have i mentioned a million times yet how addicted I am to this stash buster tote pattern.. Talk about HOOKED...

This one Is going to a special lady here on the ville and i got fabric ready to line it as well....

hugs

Lillibet

Gorgeous!! I love how you changed up the yarns :manyheart

Here are the three I've finished. One cream and RH watercolor; one RH lavender and cream; the granny Vanna's Choice brick.

All absolutely beautiful :manyheart The one with the cream in my favorite I think, but totally love them all :yes

I completed my first tote tonight, one of the Granny Go Rounds. I already gave it to the most wonderful woman in the world, my mom. It was made with ILTY but I don't remember the color. I plan to buy the pattern for the stashbuster tote tomorrow and will hopefully be ready to start one tomorrow night!

[ATTACH]38558[/ATTACH]

Beautiful work and I like the vareigated yarn in this :D

I won one of the Stashbuster Tote patterns that Turtleluvr gave away today!! (I'm excited, I still can't believe I won!) and I already have one started. I'm using Vanna's in beige and a green/blue brown variegated, and I've gotten about 1/3 of the way through already. This pattern works up very quickly.

Now that I've done some of the tote, I think I should have picked a brighter contrasting color, (my tote looks kind of anemic!), but I don't want to frog what I've already done. I'm already planning another one in bolder colors.

You've just been itching for something new lately.....I guess it fell into your lap :lol Congrats!!! :hug

Red heart has a bright yellow color out. Ok found the sleeve it is called Bright Yellow. Don't know if it is new or not. I mean it is BRIGHT!! :rofl I started a tote with it to go with a black flecked, but the flecks kinda disappeared and so I frogged that part.

I've thought about how the different colors go together..or not..so for kinda an experiment I bought a skein of RH varigated that I think is called Cola. It is darker colors, burgandy, dark pink, kinda green. Not anything really related color wise. I did it on purpose as I wanted to see what would happen...

That turned out great Mary :yes Great for summer!

I sure hope you start to feel better soon. Our weather has been really warm this week and my headaches started yesterday and haven't let up. I'll take some allergy meds today, which I hope will help it out. You can try putting some ice across the back of your neck at the base of your skull, just an idea :think

I was able to get about an hour in with my checkered granny tote last night. I'm down to the last 7 rows now :clap I'll work on it during lunch break again and should have it done by the weekend (minus lining) :xfin

Have another thread to check and then must get ready for work :sigh

Hi all! Took all my totes in to show my coworkers yesterday and they oooooo'd and aaaa'd all over them! They loved the felted stash buster but really loved the one I made using ribbon yarn! In fact it now belongs to a teacher friend of mine!

I really love the shape of the bag when felted so I'll be doing more of those too! I used the L hook since I'm a loosey goosey crocheter!

I included pix again so you can see which ones I'm talking about!

kuddles

post-17419-135897653287_thumb.jpg

post-17419-135897653291_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH]38558[/ATTACH]

Love it! I was wondering how it would look with a multi colored yarn. Now I have to make one! My list gets longer... :lol

I won one of the Stashbuster Tote patterns that Turtleluvr gave away today!! (I'm excited, I still can't believe I won!) and I already have one started. I'm using Vanna's in beige and a green/blue brown variegated, and I've gotten about 1/3 of the way through already. This pattern works up very quickly.

Now that I've done some of the tote, I think I should have picked a brighter contrasting color, (my tote looks kind of anemic!), but I don't want to frog what I've already done. I'm already planning another one in bolder colors.

I keep saying I need to put a warning label on the pattern! :lol

You are so addicted. :lol

I was able to get about an hour in with my checkered granny tote last night. I'm down to the last 7 rows now :clap I'll work on it during lunch break again and should have it done by the weekend (minus lining) :xfin

Have another thread to check and then must get ready for work :sigh

Can't wait to see it! :cheer

Hi all! Took all my totes in to show my coworkers yesterday and they oooooo'd and aaaa'd all over them! They loved the felted stash buster but really loved the one I made using ribbon yarn! In fact it now belongs to a teacher friend of mine!

I really love the shape of the bag when felted so I'll be doing more of those too! I used the L hook since I'm a loosey goosey crocheter!

kuddles

You're my biggest fan Mama! :hug

:turtle:vheart

Yes #8, have #9 a felted tote almost done..and yeah I started on #10 :lol

THANKS!

how are your hands holding up?!:eek

ok, would someone please tell me about felting? I keep reading it and have seen the results but how do you felt one of these totes?

I've felted....but am pressed for time right now. Check Lion Brand's site - they have directions....and I'll be back sometime today if you have questions. It's mostly trial and error, though:lol

Wow! Awesome!!:cheer

Congrats!!:yay

:cheerGo, Cindy, go!:cheer

[ATTACH]38558[/ATTACH]

Looks amazing!!!!:clap

[ATTACH]38558[/ATTACH]

Very pretty tote. I was wondering how the ILTY turned out , it's so soft. Does it also work well? The RH yarn seems stiff. ILTY has so many more colors to choose from. Your work is so pretty and I like how the colors made blocks.

kuddles

:yay They sure are beautiful :manyheart

Just finished this last night for teakaycee. LOVE THIS PATTERN!!!

[ATTACH]38564[/ATTACH]

Gorgeous :manyheart

Well, looks like I'm not working on my tote during lunch :( I forgot my sinus medicine when I left this morning and my heads been pounding so had to come home to get it. And then when I came in I saw that I forgot to shut down the computer, so decided it was fate for me to check in :lol

Gotta run back to work though :hug

[ATTACH]38564[/ATTACH]

Oh noooooo!! not another one! I love that one!

Very pretty tote. I was wondering how the ILTY turned out , it's so soft. Does it also work well? The RH yarn seems stiff. ILTY has so many more colors to choose from. Your work is so pretty and I like how the colors made blocks.

Some of the RHSS is very stiff and makes it difficult to do the 2 strand dc for the bottom. SOME of the RHSS isn't and works ok. If you get the stiff stuff it is really hard on the hand (at least mine..compound fracture 6 years ago) but the softer stuff is a breeze. I like using caron pounders when I can for the mc as they are always soft.

I can't wait to go to HL this Friday for some ILTY..guess what I'm going to buy it to make?? :think:think:eek:cheer:cheer:cheer:hook:crocheting:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

kuddles

Of course they did - your totes are gorgeous!! :yes

For the one you made using ribbon yarn, did you pair that up with a regular worsted weight too, or just use the ribbon yarn alone??? :)

I'm on the final row of the border for my shawl. Then tote #4 will be on my hook!! Maybe I'll go stash diving tonight so I can pick out some colors. Hurry up 4:30 so I can leave work and go home to play with yarn!!!

i have been meeting myself coming and going this week. been to 2 wakes in as many days. hubby had dr appointment yesterday for multiple issues one of which we thought a spot on his face was cancerous but it WAS NOT!!! dr said something to the effect of its a blood buildup under the skin and is harmless.....at least i think thats what he said (i may have dozed off at some point :lol)

i have been popping in though and absilutely LOVE all the totes!

HMMMM wonder what turtlecious tote sue has for us next?

Some of the RHSS is very stiff and makes it difficult to do the 2 strand dc for the bottom. SOME of the RHSS isn't and works ok. If you get the stiff stuff it is really hard on the hand (at least mine..compound fracture 6 years ago) but the softer stuff is a breeze. I like using caron pounders when I can for the mc as they are always soft.

I can't wait to go to HL this Friday for some ILTY..guess what I'm going to buy it to make?? :think:think:eek:cheer:cheer:cheer:hook:crocheting:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

Thank you for the info on the RHSS, your right it is very stiff to work with. A trip to HL huh? my favorite place to shop for yarn. I may just have to try out some ILTY hehehehe

This has been so much fun!!!nothing like anew project :-)

Has anyone lined one of these yet? I would love to see some of them that has been lined. I'm making these for a Christmas exchange in my family with all the girls. I will be filling them with other items I have made such as dish cloths, coasters, and fun stuff.

You can blame Tammy for this one, its her pattern. I can see it becoming addictive too. :lol

i have been meeting myself coming and going this week. been to 2 wakes in as many days. hubby had dr appointment yesterday for multiple issues one of which we thought a spot on his face was cancerous but it WAS NOT!!! dr said something to the effect of its a blood buildup under the skin and is harmless.....at least i think thats what he said (i may have dozed off at some point :lol)

Sue is taking a wee little break. Super busy at work getting ready for Turtle Day on Saturday. We now have 2 large loggerheads being released. And we released 2 greens today too. This is me letting Chilly go. :)

post-28075-135897653699_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH]38564[/ATTACH]

It's a beauty- between you and Tammy we're going to be making totes for quite a while!!!

Well, looks like I'm not working on my tote during lunch :( I forgot my sinus medicine when I left this morning and my heads been pounding so had to come home to get it. And then when I came in I saw that I forgot to shut down the computer, so decided it was fate for me to check in :lol

Gotta run back to work though :hug

Hope you feel better-and how about that fate- that you just had to check in:lol

Let me guess----:think:think:think another tote??:lol:lol:lol

Wonderful news about your hubby!!!!

You can blame Tammy for this one, its her pattern. I can see it becoming addictive too. :lol

Yup:yes

Sue is taking a wee little break. Super busy at work getting ready for Turtle Day on Saturday. We now have 2 large loggerheads being released. And we released 2 greens today too. This is me letting Chilly go. :)

[ATTACH]38584[/ATTACH]

Nice pic!!! Have fun at Turtle Day!!!!

I just got home- and I was going to take a pic of Stashbuster Tote #3, but I still need to weave in the ends- and by the time I eat dinner and get that done it'll be dark again!!!!

But......I hope to start Tote #4 tonight!!!!:hook

OK ladies

Looky looky what I finished while watching the basketball game :clap:yay I just snapped a quick pic to share, but the lighting is not great now and it's just lying flat.......

It looks great I really like the color.

OK ladies

Looky looky what I finished while watching the basketball game :clap:yay I just snapped a quick pic to share, but the lighting is not great now and it's just lying flat.......

It looks perfect! I absolutely love this color. what is it?

OK ladies

Love that color Marisa!!! And WTG on finishing it up!!!:clap (but sorry about your Sixers loss:()

OK ladies

Love it!! I'm working on one too. :)

Archived