crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well I finished the stash buster last nite and felted it this morning....I love how it turned out! Once dry, I'll post a pic here......

Hope everyone has a great Saturday!

kuddles

Oh I can't wait to see how it turned out felted!!!!:clap

just popping in to say im doing ok. i can still crochet! :cheer

my wrist is a tad sore but its just the one i hokd my tension on

my leg is gonna be alright

now back to my bag....AND THE WALTONS!

Hi gals!

first of all sue youre going to kill us all! LOL!:lol only joiking sweet sue!

secondly love all your totes ladies!

thirdly does anybody mind if this duck rants a tad?

we were to go grocery shdopping today...went to take off in my FIL's van and it was boggin something aweful. so we took it over to his place and "traded it out" for his pickup.

now the van i dont have many issues getting into.....truck....WHOLE other story! i ended up standing on the spare tire to even attempt getting in the dern thing. slipped, scratched up the back of my leg (darn warm weather & culottes) good thing there i cant feel back of leg so i dont know if it actually hurts or not. bad thing gotta watch out for infection....

on th eplus side of my day i got things to make couponing easier (binder, baseball card pages, calculator....ok i wont bore you there.

we got the shopping done and was doing quite well til we got home and i slid out of truck and cracjed my wrist. its not broken and thankfully its NOT my crochet hand sooooooo im off to go work on my "stress busting tote"

DID I MENTION I LOVE TOTES:manyheart

We all need to rant now and then.

I'm glad you're okay!

Oh I can't wait to see how it turned out felted!!!!:clap

You ask, you receive! Before all limp on the floor and after! Since it was double strand and I didn't felt as long, still see some stitch definition which I think really makes this bag! Stayed a good size too! I went up one hook size (I crochet loose so someone else should go up 2 sizes). LOVE it felted! And since this pattern works up so fast, I get pretty instant gratification!

Hope you likey!

kuddles

post-17419-135897652428_thumb.jpg

post-17419-135897652431_thumb.jpg

You ask, you receive! Before all limp on the floor and after! Since it was double strand and I didn't felt as long, still see some stitch definition which I think really makes this bag! Stayed a good size too! I went up one hook size (I crochet loose so someone else should go up 2 sizes). LOVE it felted! And since this pattern works up so fast, I get pretty instant gratification!

Hope you likey!

kuddles

Likey???? I LOVEY!!!!:manyheart And since I stitch loosely too, I would go up one size too (Is L what you used?) Did you make it the same size as the pattern and then just felt it? I have some Patons Wool in my stash....I think I have to try this- it will be my first attempt at felting! But first, got to finish the blue one, then really, really, really have to finish at least one of the baby blankets! :yes

Ok I have a dumb question before I start the stash buster tote (I am a first timer at this) on the contrasting color. I know it says to us 2 strands together so if the main color and the contrasting color used together or is the contrasting color varigated or two different colors.

Doing a black and not sure of the other color didnt have the wrapper. But I think it was jewel tones, it has different shades of pinks and blues. I am almost to the halfway point. Cant do to much at a time as my hands cramp up and start hurting, not sure why.

Ok I have a dumb question before I start the stash buster tote (I am a first timer at this) on the contrasting color. I know it says to us 2 strands together so if the main color and the contrasting color used together or is the contrasting color varigated or two different colors.

Contrasting color is any color you want. You will hold one strand of main and one strand of contrast. That gives it the varigated look.

I finished my blue 'stress' buster tote- Will get pics up in the daylight tomorrow. Now I'm going to do a few rows of the baby blanket and then tomorrow- I want to start the Granny Go Round tote!

You can do either 2 solid colors or a solid and variegated.

Doing a black and not sure of the other color didnt have the wrapper. But I think it was jewel tones, it has different shades of pinks and blues. I am almost to the halfway point. Cant do to much at a time as my hands cramp up and start hurting, not sure why.

I found I had to be careful on what the main color is especially using RHSS. Some of that yarn is coarse and almost sticky. My first tote I used one that was like that and it about killed my hands. Then the next tote I had one that was soft and it was a breeze then to use. The caron pounders have always been soft and I haven't found an ILTY yet that I think is coarse. I've used a soft main color and have the variegated be a bit coarse, but as long as the main strand is softer it still seems to be easy enough. Crocheting tight with this would make it hard too I'd think.

Also done with another. Should have it done tomorrow. Again a shorter bag as the scrap I used up wasn't long enough for 13 v rows. But I added an extra dc row at the top and made the handles just a bit longer. Pic tomorrow

i am mking slow progress on my first tote.....

got bottom done and all v stitches.....

in ampngst everything else tomorrow i plan to try and get those lat rows finished. then i will post a pic of that tote and the colors i intend to use for two others

Thanks so much for all the well wishes! :hug

I'm still fighting this headache and my stomach isnt much better... but at least my house has been quiet and I have my three younger ones and hubby to myself today.

we had a good time coloring Easter eggs ... playing games and I did get some crocheting done. I have another tote in the works!

I still need to finishing writing up the first one. sheesh

Hope you likey!

kuddles

Okay missy................that is an awesome tote!!!

I am going to have to felt one myself!!!!!

:heart

:mug

I'm still fighting this headache and my stomach isnt much better... but at least my house has been quiet and I have my three younger ones and hubby to myself today.

we had a good time coloring Easter eggs ... playing games and I did get some crocheting done. I have another tote in the works!

:hugSorry to hear you are still fighting the headache and stomach ache! Glad that you will get to enjoy your 3 boys and DH for Easter. :hug

See below! :lol

You can do either 2 solid colors or a solid and variegated.

I found I had to be careful on what the main color is especially using RHSS. Some of that yarn is coarse and almost sticky. My first tote I used one that was like that and it about killed my hands. Then the next tote I had one that was soft and it was a breeze then to use. The caron pounders have always been soft and I haven't found an ILTY yet that I think is coarse. I've used a soft main color and have the variegated be a bit coarse, but as long as the main strand is softer it still seems to be easy enough. Crocheting tight with this would make it hard too I'd think.

Also done with another. Should have it done tomorrow. Again a shorter bag as the scrap I used up wasn't long enough for 13 v rows. But I added an extra dc row at the top and made the handles just a bit longer. Pic tomorrow

I love using ILTY. The bag comes out soft and fluffy! :)

Okay missy................that is an awesome tote!!!

I am going to have to felt one myself!!!!!

Maybe that's why we get these headaches...too many patterns in our head busting to get out! :lol Hope you feel better soon! :hug

Happy Easter to all those that celebrate!:rabbit:ducky:1sheep:2sheep:rabbit

Happy Easter!!

:turtle:vheart

when I work with a larger hook and more than one strand....resulting in a tighter piece...my hands always need a break because they hurt after a bit.

I used a variegated for mine...you can use soild or varie....

Hope you likey!

kuddles

Love it! I love felting....might have to put this pattern on WIM list:D

Here is my 2nd stash buster aka stress buster tote. I did it in Vanna's choice Denim Mist and Colonial Blue which made for a very subtle difference. I'm giving it to a co-worker with a couple of skeins of yarn. She learned how to crochet recently and has been going through a difficult time lately, so thought this might cheer her up!

post-27163-135897652497_thumb.jpg

post-18634-135897652513_thumb.jpg

♥░░░░(¯`´¯)░░░♥░░░░(¯`´¯)░░░░░░♥

..(\(\..../)/) Happy Easter to all my Family & Friends...

..( '.')....('.' ) Have fun and Stay Safe

o(_")").(“(“_)o. ♥ May God bless you beyond your wants and needs!!!

”˜˜”*°•. ˜”*°••° ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

...............♥░░░░(¯`´¯)░░░♥░░░░(¯`´¯)░░░

Likey???? I LOVEY!!!!:manyheart And since I stitch loosely too, I would go up one size too (Is L what you used?) Did you make it the same size as the pattern and then just felt it? I have some Patons Wool in my stash....I think I have to try this- it will be my first attempt at felting! But first, got to finish the blue one, then really, really, really have to finish at least one of the baby blankets! :yes

Yup, fellow loosey goosey, I used an L! Otherwise used Sue's pattern exactly!

Just didn't felt as long and also stopped it a few times to 'pull' on the handles since they tend to 'bow up'.

kuddles

ok new twist. Made a hat with these 2 yarns (a multi color divine hat) so used the rest to make this tote. I only did up to the 48 dc row as I knew I wasn't going to have enough. I figured out I wasn't going to be able to make the handle rows either, so the last row I did 2 dc ch 2, sk 2 ch and then a row of sc. 2 chain strings for the drawstrings and voila!

Love how you changed it up a little bit and made a totally different bag!!

Okay so my turn to show off. I made this one with ILTY in buttercup and tangello stripe.

[ATTACH]38379[/ATTACH]

:turtle:vheart

Show Off?? You?? Never!!! lol Love the color combo

Oh darlin' its a bad one today... :(

My stomach is bothering me too somethin' awful.

I hate all this complaining I'm doing anymore!!!

complain away.. That's what you have friends for - we are here for you to lean on. Sure hope you are feeling better today :hug

Hope you likey!

kuddles

Totally cool!!!

Here is my 2nd stash buster aka stress buster tote. I did it in Vanna's choice Denim Mist and Colonial Blue which made for a very subtle difference. I'm giving it to a co-worker with a couple of skeins of yarn. She learned how to crochet recently and has been going through a difficult time lately, so thought this might cheer her up!

Very pretty color combo. And you are such a sweetheart for doing this for your friend

[ATTACH]38439[/ATTACH]

Happy Easter!!!

♥░░░░(¯`´¯)░░░♥░░░░(¯`´¯)░░░░░░♥

..(\(\..../)/) Happy Easter to all my Family & Friends...

..( '.')....('.' ) Have fun and Stay Safe

o(_")").(“(“_)o.

”˜˜”*°•. ˜”*°••° ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

...............♥░░░░(¯`´¯)░░░♥░░░░(¯`´¯)░░░

Archived