Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning. Cold but not snowing or raining here. As Marlene says, more snow is on the way though. I feel quite a bit better today. That sinus headache is nearly gone.

Dd just called me. She has a doctors appointment this morning but no signs of labor yet. I'm going to go over there this afternoon. That means thatI had better make her car seat blanket this morning. ( I know I said that was yesterday's project, but I did not feel lup to thinking about how to work it out, so I just sat in the recliner all day, drinking tea, and doing a bit of crafting)

Marlene, good news about your sister in laws stent. Hope they figure out the problem.

Judy, your new bag is gorgeous. I have a large collection of VB stuff, probably at least 20 items. Here there are only a few stores that sell it, so pretty much all that I have came from the annual factory sales or from their website. The site often has 50 percent off sales on everything in a specific color. Yesterday they featured the pattern "happy snails". I got a wallet in that pattern for my birthday, so I considered buying a matching bag, but in the end, I managed to resist.

Sherry, that turtle is beautiful. Your gs picked out a great color combination. Glad you can stay home since the weather is treacherous. Hope it's all cleared up by tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you in the morning.

Joanne, congrats on the knitting progress. Hope work is kind to you today.

Linda, you sure had a productive day yesterday. I had to smile at your mention of dandelions. Even though they are considered a nuisance plant, pretty much every mom has, at some time, been presented with a bouquet of those cherful yellow flowers by a small dirt streaked child. I suspect that a great many women harbor some sentimental feelings about them.

Mary, have a great day. Your grocery shopping will be book ended by seeing your grandsons. Pizza for breakfast had not occurred to me! However it's a lot more nutritious than my coffee and toast. I've never made a Surreybelle scarf, but I've looked at the pattern quite a few times.

Val, what are you up to today, ( besides driving, lol)

Hi Marisa and Michelle.

Tam, still praying for all of you.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning. I can use my phone to get on....yay! Will start getting on more.

Sherry-- I love your turtles!

Judy-- like the new bag

I will start following everyone. Been playing with knitting but need to work on a blanket for my son. Gotta get ready for work...catch y'all later

Morning, peeps!

Thanks for the comments about my bag - I soooooo love the colors! I;ve always liked the bags VB has, but this is the first time I actually was so hooked by a color combo that I was helpless to resist! And Phyliss aided and abetted.... :lol

Here's the blue turtle I did for the oldest GS.  He got it tonight.  He really loves it.  I took the pics with my iphone at work, so the colors may not be true.  He picked out the yarn and did a good job on it.  The body is royal blue and the shell us French Country.

Well, I'd better get busy and get some work done!  Have a great evening all!

Love the turtle's colors! The other day I almost bought the French country yarn - but had absolutley no idea what I would use it for! ...like that has ever been an issue with me before :lol   I;m tryong not to get back into that same trap as before. I was very, very bad :devil

Judy- Nice VB bag! I LOVE Vera Bradley- and have quite a nice collection- :lol I found a place in Cranbury that has a room with 50% off - I actually treated myself to a new bag, wallet, lunch tote and tote back in December --and they ALL cost me what one of the larger totes would have cost by itself! :)Now that I'm on the their mailing list I KNOW I'm in big trouble! Your haul sounds wonderful!

Glad you had fun with Phyllis!

Oops- clock is ticking- so off I go ----OH,- I finished the cover I knitted for my Nook last night-I'll try and get pics after work.

Knitted!? WTG!

Hi Ladies,

Judy, Your VB bag is really pretty. Sounds like a nice time out with Phyllis yesterday. I'm following the lumberjack pattern, but the large hook hurt my hand so I made changes. I changed to single strand yarn and a smaller hook, but I'm making the squares the same size as the pattern calls for. Those adjustments makes it go slower. And it's only dc, kind of boring when it's only squares. I had thought of frogging it and doing some different squares so it would be more interesting, but I have 2 strips done and that's to much to frog.I've had sore hands when using a big hook, too.... Good to hear you figured out how to still get that nice look!

DSIL called from home yesterday afternoon. Nothing is wrong with her stent. Everything is working like it's suppose to. So she has to go get her gallbladder checked out. Thanks for the prayers.That's great news!!

I have to go get ready for pt. Have a nice day everyone!

Good morning. Cold but not snowing or raining here. As Marlene says, more snow is on the way though. I feel quite a bit better today. That sinus headache is nearly gone.
Yay!

Dd just called me. She has a doctors appointment this morning but no signs of labor yet. I'm going to go over there this afternoon. That means thatI had better make her car seat blanket this morning.Ooooops! ou may be finishing it when she's in labor! :lol  ( I know I said that was yesterday's project, but I did not feel lup to thinking about how to work it out, so I just sat in the recliner all day, drinking tea, and doing a bit of crafting)

Judy, your new bag is gorgeous. I have a large collection of VB stuff, probably at least 20 items. Here there are only a few stores that sell it, so pretty much all that I have came from the annual factory sales or from their website. The site often has 50 percent off sales on everything in a specific color. Yesterday they featured the pattern "happy snails". I got a wallet in that pattern for my birthday, so I considered buying a matching bag, but in the end, I managed to resist.It's so hard to resist these things!

Morning. I can use my phone to get on....yay! Will start getting on more.
Sherry-- I love your turtles!
Judy-- like the new bag
I will start following everyone. Been playing with knitting but need to work on a blanket for my son. Gotta get ready for work...catch y'all later

Hi, Christi!

Mary - that scarf pattern is a nice one!  Enjoy the babies!

Good morning!  I really didn't crochet all that stuff yesterday, but I did finish them off yesterday.  I spent a looong time hiding tails yesterday.  :P   And I did do a lot of crocheting.  The helmet liner is a royal pain to make!  :reyes   And I'm supposed to make 4 of them.  Yuck!!!!  :reyes   I'll get pictures in a bit.

Cindy, those are all gorgeous!  :clap  :clap   :clap 

Christi, welcome back.  It's really nice to see you again.  :hug   Sounds like your hook is going to have to be smoking to get that car seat blanket done in time.  :lol 

Marlene, I'm so glad that SIL's stent is okay.  Keeping her in my prayers.  :hug 

Hope you all have a great day.  :manyheart 

Good morning ladies :hi

I met my friend for dinner last night and we went to a burger place, which was yummy :drool  They apparently make really good milkshakes both with or without alcohol, but I passed because then I would've not been able to eat the meal and already been filled up :sigh  I have to go one day just for a shake :think

I slept in just a bit this morning and then went to the gym.  Back to the house to shower and the painters were getting started.  I'm totally loving the colors, but I do like dark colors :yes  They do have a lot of windows downstairs too and it's an open concept so it does work well and doesn't really make the space appear smaller in my opinion.  It a lighter shade going up the stairwells, hallways, and the office.  Once guy was getting the office started and the other was starting the powder, which is a salmony color....I only saw a couple brush strokes go on but I thought it would've been more pinky that it seems it will be, but only time will tell after a couple coats get on there :yes  And then I think they are doing a light purple in the master bath :think

I have a patient at 12:30 today and then later as well and Knit the Bridge group here tonight 7-9.  So I need to vacuum during the day since we always lay stuff out on the floor :yes  Not much else on the agenda for the day.

Judy - I love your new VB tote and kudos to Phylis for giving you the final nudge :lol

Mary - Glad you were able to get your hair done.  WTG on the scarves!  Enjoy your time with Luke today :yay

Sherry - Great job on the second turtle :manyheart  Congrats on the raise :clap  Great idea to get a long strapped bag for during your recovery :yes

Linda - WTG on your productivity :yes  Oh boy, I hope you're right about spring!

Joanne - I can't wait to see the pic of your KNIT nook cover :bounce

Marlene - Good news that SIL's stent is good and prayers for her gallbladder :hug

Val - :hi

Cindy - Your projects are all wonderful! :manyheart  Did you get your car seat blanket done yet?

Christi - :hi  Glad you were able to get on with your phone.

Have a great day everyone....it's almost Friday :bounce

Hello everybody!!

Hope all is doing well with all the snowstorms and severe weather everywhere! Wind has really been picking up in the last 20 minutes here and rolling thunder.. Used to never worry but seems like those dad-blasted tornadoes just love coming more often!! :2eek

Really stepped up exercise this morning. After taking DD to school this morning, I stopped and excercised with a couple of church friends. A DVD by Leslie Sansone 5 mile walk.. I did two! :blinkWill keep trying.. On the scales last night I had not gained, just stayed the same but as much as I ate last week that was good news to me. My mojo is even less today. I really think I am sleep deprived.. My friends talked me into making appointment to go to a ob-gyn with them that checks everything in your blood and can tell if you're depleted not only in hormones but vitamins and minerals too. They use something called "pellets" instead of pills.  :ouch !

Well DH has only been home 2 weeks and he got news last nite that he has been transferred. He will not go back to Mexico but to Canada!! He may get word he has to leave any day or he might get 3 weeks at home first. We shall see.. I hope he gets to stay home awhile.

Good afternoon Housemates!

I only got up twice throughout the night.  I slept until 11:15.  I do feel that I can go back down but I refuse to. 

Cindy - I hope your cold goes away soon.  I'm still working on wips.  I'm working on the mint green/burg/dk green ghan.  I'd made 14 & 13 of the burg and dk green years ago.  I have to make all of the mint green and a few more of the other 2.  I'm not sitting and just crocheting but a little here and there.  I hope to get back to it full force.   I really want to get rid of all wips.

Judy - I hope you and Phyllis had a wonderful time today.  I'm looking forward to seeing your Russian dolls.  How's Sparky and that Lucy?

Sherry - Lifting you up in prayer.  Congrats on the raise.  Looking forward to a picture of the turtle.  I knew that about HL but I thought I saw where Marisa was going to hers on a Sunday if it hadn't been to early to open.  I thought it was family owned and none opened on Sunday for the reasons you stated.

Mary - We're suppose to get rain on Thursday and Friday.  I suppose it's coming from your way.  We usually get our weather from the West.  What you got on the hook?

Linda - Good for you and a quiet day.  We're to have rain on Thursday and Friday.  Be careful if you have to go out!

Marisa - The colors of the house sound pretty.  I'm an earth tone type person.  Have fun with your lunch and dinner dates.  What do you have on your hook at the moment?

Marlene - Lifting you DSIL up in prayer.  Your scarves sound pretty.  Be sure to post pictures. 

Michelle - Hope all is well with you today.  Get your walking and water in.  I'm from a small but now booming town called Alabaster.  It's about 20+ miles south of Birmingham and about 62+ miles north of Montgomery. 

Small world!! I am somewhat familiar with Alabaster. My DS lived there for about 2 years. Been about that long since I was there.. Not but 2 1/2 to 2 hours from here!!

Joanne - Hope paradise is good to you today.

Tam - Thinking of you, Ken and the fam.

BBL!

Mary - yes we got snow this morning, very pretty, NO WIND--which made it lovely.  It's drizzling now with a predicted ice/sleet/snow (never know which it will be) starting at 1 a.m. and lasting until late morning.  May get to stay home--if the schools close, work will be closed--but I brought home work so I can try to get it all done before I leave on Friday evening.   Looking forward to seeing your scarf.

Marisa - hope things go well with the rest of that project.  I'm not too crazy about dark colors on the walls--used to work in the dungeon (a very dark office with no windows) so I prefer lighter colors and a window whenever possible (may explain my fear of small places LOL).

Joanne - hope things are going well in paradise!

Judy - great new bag!!  Love the colors.

Here's the blue turtle I did for the oldest GS.  He got it tonight.  He really loves it.  I took the pics with my iphone at work, so the colors may not be true.  He picked out the yarn and did a good job on it.  The body is royal blue and the shell us French Country.

Sherry-- I :heart the turtle!! and just like everyone else love the colors too!!

Well, I'd better get busy and get some work done!  Have a great evening all!

Here are my recent finishes

attachicon.gifimage.jpg
attachicon.gifimage.jpg
attachicon.gifimage.jpg
attachicon.gifimage.jpg

The blue shoes are a super easy knitting pattern

Cindy-- Those are just Precious!!! So cute and sweet!!

ETA: looks like all the pictures posted sideways. Sorry, don't know how to fix that.

Well guess I need to cook supper and if I can stay awake long enough try to connect some more saltines! :lol

Also JUDY--- I :heart  your tote! I do not have any Vera Bradley, but I love the colors!!

And LINDA--- you are such a sweetheart!! I thought I had "quoted" your post but don't know what happened. You have already done so much to help me, If you get those to me though I will not need to do any more. So I can just concentrate on joining them and crocheting the border! :ty  :manyheart  :manyheart 

To Joanne, Marisa , everybody else have a good nite and stay safe!!

Here's a pic of the purse that Kuddles made for me.  She's truly a great seamstress as well as a crocheter!  The phone pic isn't very plain and it's a cloudy day when I took it.   It has a deep pocket on the front and a zipper closure for the top, and lots of pockets all around the inside.  (That pic didn't turn out).   I will be getting the purse ready to carry for this weekend. someone asked when the surgery will be--Monday, Feb. 25 at 7 a.m.  I'll be the first in line LOL. 

Marisa - glad you had a great dinner!  Sounds like a great place to eat.

Christi - glad your phone now works and you can check in more often!

Joanne - Hope paradise was good to you today!

Mary - hope your weather was good.  I think we're done with the bad stuff but we never know for sure what will happen--Will Rogers once said if you don't like the weather in OKlahoma, wait 5 minutes and it will change.

post-27829-0-15296200-1361487402_thumb.jpg

Sherry, that bag is cute!  And this is my first VB bag... :D

Michelle, if I'm not being nosey, what does your DH do for a living??

I'm off to our neighborhood book club tonight. The book was The History of Love - an award-winning book that, from the people I've spoken with, think there must have been a mistake about that award!

My choice will be either in 2 months or next month...and I'm picking an Agatha Christie mystery :D  Very cheap on my Kindle. For the longest time I've been reading much more on my (first Gen) Kindle than my Nook ...told DH it might be time to get the Kindle Fire :D  :D  :D  :D :D  :D  :D  

Thanks, ladies.

Sherry that is a beautiful purse.

Judy, I have both a Nook Color and a Kindle Fire, but I now read mostly on my mini IPad. I have both the Nook and Kindle apps on it, so i can read books from both sellers. I think that the Ipad screen is much more responsive to touch than my Fire and the device is thinner and lighter, so it's easier for me to read on and carry around. It's kind of nice to have double devices. Dh reads some of my mysteries, and he uses one of my toys to read them, since he has his own Amazon account. Of course I would never have considered buying myself the mini IPad, but dh had one, and he thought it would be a good gadget for me, since I always took both my Nook and Kindle on vacation with me.

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, Beautiful work! Hope you get the blanket done before the baby is here.

Sherry, That's a really nice bag. Monday will be here before you know it. One of my friends here had both of her knees done last summer and is so glad she did. Someone else in the park has asked her 3 times are you really glad you did it. She tells them if she had to do it over again she would do it. She was able to dance this year at the Valentine's dance.

Michelle, How long is hubby gone at a time? Hope he is home for a little bit before he has to leave.

Christy, Nice to see you again.

Hope everyone has a nice night!

(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`• Good Evening House!!!! •¨¯`•    

How was everyone this fine "very snowy" day?   I'm good.   Of course you all know its been busy here.   Boys in school... Ken in the hospital... me subbing when I get called.... chores... errands...etc.    And in all this .. .trying to squeeze in crocheting and knitting to have a little "me time"

So it snowed pretty good today...and its still coming down.... a nice steady snow ... not too much wind... which is nice!

We had a nice "Snow day" today.... wonder if we will have another one tomorrow!   Would make for a 5 day weekend if we do!

So...............I've been subbing at the elementary school this school year... and having quite a bit of fun.   I was in theopy room yesterday making copies for my small reading group and the principle popped in and just started chatting with me.   He mentioned that there would be two full time Para jobs available come April.... and wondered if I would be interested in one.   He said he has gotten quite the compliments about me around school from both students and staff.    How cool is that!!!!!   With my boys all up at the High School... and me home alone most the time... this would be the perfect job.   I only work the day the boys are in school.   And what a blessing to know I'm doing a good job.   Its funny.... I dont "need" the job.... but I am enjoying myself... and the little extra money I do make is nice!   I've been a stay at home mom for the last 16 years.  

Anyway................... wanted to share my fun news!  :)

Off to get a coffee refill and do some more crocheting and  checking out the posts on the 'ville!!!

Have a good one!

:heart

:mug

Here are my recent finishes

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

The blue shoes are a super easy knitting pattern

ETA: looks like all the pictures posted sideways. Sorry, don't know how to fix that.

·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸Beautiful work my dear!!!¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸   

Here's a pic of the purse that Kuddles made for me.  She's truly a great seamstress as well as a crocheter!  The phone pic isn't very plain and it's a cloudy day when I took it.   It has a deep pocket on the front and a zipper closure for the top, and lots of pockets all around the inside.  (That pic didn't turn out).   I will be getting the purse ready to carry for this weekend. someone asked when the surgery will be--Monday, Feb. 25 at 7 a.m.  I'll be the first in line LOL. 

Marisa - glad you had a great dinner!  Sounds like a great place to eat.

Christi - glad your phone now works and you can check in more often!

Joanne - Hope paradise was good to you today!

Mary - hope your weather was good.  I think we're done with the bad stuff but we never know for sure what will happen--Will Rogers once said if you don't like the weather in OKlahoma, wait 5 minutes and it will change.

·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸OOOOOOh Pretty!!!¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸   

Hi, again.  It's been a nice day.  Finished hiding the last of the tails on Michelle's squares and have the ribbing done for the next helmet liner.  The first one turned out super big, although it is consistant with the given parameters.  So this time I'm using smaller hooks.  Makes it harder, but hopefully it will be a better fit.  I taught two of the gals at the prayer shawl group how to do the ribbing tonight.  Will guide them through the next couple of steps next week.

Didn't go to Rosie and John's today.  They had a very busy day.  An early morning appointment at the doctor's to start off the day.  They removed the feeding tube!  Yay!  Cleaners came in the afternoon and several other people as well.  Next door neighbor was there replacing the broken toilet.

Beautiful!

Sherry, that bag is cute!  And this is my first VB bag... :D

Michelle, if I'm not being nosey, what does your DH do for a living??

I'm off to our neighborhood book club tonight. The book was The History of Love - an award-winning book that, from the people I've spoken with, think there must have been a mistake about that award!

My choice will be either in 2 months or next month...and I'm picking an Agatha Christie mystery :D  Very cheap on my Kindle. For the longest time I've been reading much more on my (first Gen) Kindle than my Nook ...told DH it might be time to get the Kindle Fire :D  :D  :D  :D:D  :D  :D  

Oh, yeah!

(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`• Good Evening House!!!! •¨¯`•    

How was everyone this fine "very snowy" day?   I'm good.   Of course you all know its been busy here.   Boys in school... Ken in the hospital... me subbing when I get called.... chores... errands...etc.    And in all this .. .trying to squeeze in crocheting and knitting to have a little "me time"

So it snowed pretty good today...and its still coming down.... a nice steady snow ... not too much wind... which is nice!

We had a nice "Snow day" today.... wonder if we will have another one tomorrow!   Would make for a 5 day weekend if we do!

Oh, a five day weekend would be so nice.

So...............I've been subbing at the elementary school this school year... and having quite a bit of fun.   I was in theopy room yesterday making copies for my small reading group and the principle popped in and just started chatting with me.   He mentioned that there would be two full time Para jobs available come April.... and wondered if I would be interested in one.   He said he has gotten quite the compliments about me around school from both students and staff.    How cool is that!!!!!   With my boys all up at the High School... and me home alone most the time... this would be the perfect job.   I only work the day the boys are in school.   And what a blessing to know I'm doing a good job.   Its funny.... I dont "need" the job.... but I am enjoying myself... and the little extra money I do make is nice!   I've been a stay at home mom for the last 16 years.  

Congratulations!  That's great news.

Off to get a coffee refill and do some more crocheting and  checking out the posts on the 'ville!!!

Have a good one!

:heart

:mug

Hope you all have a good night. 

Good morning. Snowing hard and very windy here today. Hopefully it will let up later. We have plans to go to dinner with friends.

I finally finished that car seat blanket. I'm not really that pleased with it, but it will be very functional, and I guess that's what matters. I used fleece and backed it with flannel, and since fleece stretches and flannel doesn't, it did not turn out anywhere near as neatly as I would have liked. I guess that's why the pattern called for two layers of flannel.

Linda, I've seen pictures of the helmet liners but haven't made one. Sorry they are giving you a hard time. With for John getting his feeding tube out. That is huge progress.

Tam, good news on the job possibility. Definitely something to think about. How is Ken?

Joanne, I don't remember hearing from you either last night or this morning. Hope you are okay.

Judy, I just remembered, somehow, I managed to get the Nook app on my Kindle fire. I prefer the Nook over the Fire for reading though.

Good Morning all!!  Well, I get to go to work today and try to get my things finished--I never know what's going to happen but I have to get my newsletter out today.  it's too complicated a process to have someone else do it.  And it's super cold today brrrrrr.  No snow but we stlil have sleet left on the ground and once it thaws and refreezes, it horrible to try to walk on it. 

Tam - great new that you may be able to get a job that you can be off when the boys are off.  I'd like to work at a school just so I could save on day care in the summer for the grandsons!!

Linda - glad the feeding tube is out for John!!!

Judy - I have a Nook Color and I love it.  I have a lot of games and the GSs love to play on it.   I also have the Kindle app on my iphone and get daily reminders for free books. But i prefer the Nook for reading and games as it's a larger screen but I can read my books on my iphone anywhere.

Joanne - hope things are well with you!

Thanks for all the wonderful comments on the turtles and the purse.  Didn't get to HL yesterday due to the storm so that's on my list for this weekend.  Have a great Friday!! 

Good morning, peeps!

Thanks, ladies. Sherry that is a beautiful purse. Judy, I have both a Nook Color and a Kindle Fire, but I now read mostly on my mini IPad. I have both the Nook and Kindle apps on it, so i can read books from both sellers. I think that the Ipad screen is much more responsive to touch than my Fire and the device is thinner and lighter, so it's easier for me to read on and carry around. It's kind of nice to have double devices. Dh reads some of my mysteries, and he uses one of my toys to read them, since he has his own Amazon account. Of course I would never have considered buying myself the mini IPad, but dh had one, and he thought it would be a good gadget for me, since I always took both my Nook and Kindle on vacation with me.

After reading your description of the ease of using the iPad....boy, am I doing some thinking! :devil 

My Kindle is ok for reading, but I use  a reading light I attach to it when needed, so it's not as user friendly as the Nook Tablet to read. Decisions, decisions.... :rock 

When you're not looking you get such nice surprises!!!! So sweet to be recognized for doing a good job...and you know what they say: If you're doing what you love you'll never "work" a day in your life!

How's Ken?

Hi, again.  It's been a nice day.  Finished hiding the last of the tails on Michelle's squares and have the ribbing done for the next helmet liner.  The first one turned out super big, although it is consistant with the given parameters.  So this time I'm using smaller hooks.  Makes it harder, but hopefully it will be a better fit.  I taught two of the gals at the prayer shawl group how to do the ribbing tonight.  Will guide them through the next couple of steps next week.

It sounds like you're really enjoying your "retirement"!

Didn't go to Rosie and John's today.  They had a very busy day.  An early morning appointment at the doctor's to start off the day.  They removed the feeding tube!  Yay!  Cleaners came in the afternoon and several other people as well.  Next door neighbor was there replacing the broken toilet. 

No feeding tube - YAY! :h5 

Good morning. Snowing hard and very windy here today. Hopefully it will let up later. We have plans to go to dinner with friends.
I guess being from Canada you're used to the weather...stay cozy and I hope you can go out for a fun evening  later.
I finally finished that car seat blanket. I'm not really that pleased with it, but it will be very functional, and I guess that's what matters. I used fleece and backed it with flannel, and since fleece stretches and flannel doesn't, it did not turn out anywhere near as neatly as I would have liked. I guess that's why the pattern called for two layers of flannel.
Did you run out of flannel? I'm sure it looks nice than you think - picture???

Judy, I just remembered, somehow, I managed to get the Nook app on my Kindle fire. I prefer the Nook over the Fire for reading though.

As long as I have good lighting I seem to lose myself in whatever I'm reading so don't even realize how I'm "turning" the pages. :lol 

No snow but we stlil have sleet left on the ground and once it thaws and refreezes, it horrible to try to walk on it. Be careful!

Judy - I have a Nook Color and I love it. My first Nook was the original...then got the Tablet...which is like the Nook Color...THEN, because I'm such an Amazon shopper, got the first Gen Kindle....I love gadgets.... ;)  I have a lot of games and the GSs love to play on it.   I also have the Kindle app on my iphone and get daily reminders for free books. But i prefer the Nook for reading and games as it's a larger screen but I can read my books on my iphone anywhere.I have the Droid phone and can read on that, too with the apps for N and K, but it's a small screen. Not my first choice to read on. Besides....I'm not thrilled with "smartphones any more and in a year when the contract is up I want to downgrade if possible.

Joanne, hope all is well...

Have a good day, my friends! :manyheart 

'Morning, House. :)    This will be quick, but I have read through posts!

Sherry ~ The purse is gorgeous!  I hope your Friday isn't too hectic...and that you can relax a little bit over the weekend. 

Tammy ~ It's sooo good to see you again. :manyheart

Cindy ~ Congrats on all the finishes. :clap   I love the baby shoes!

Hugs to the rest of the House, too!  I need to go by the store (to get what I forgot yesterday :lol)  on my way to pick up Luke by 11.

Good morning!  It's cold and wet and windy here.  I have a church group supper tonight, too.

I decided to do a show and tell post today of what all I've been working on for the last week.  The first 2 rows of John's quilt, the saltines for Michelle, 3 0f 9 12" squares for a baby blanket, and the helmet liner (King Kong sized :lol   :lol   :lol ).  I've finished the ribbing for another helmet liner that will hopefully turn out more normal sized.  :P 

post-9295-0-38701500-1361553256_thumb.jpgpost-9295-0-43538900-1361553276_thumb.jpgpost-9295-0-61685800-1361553304_thumb.jpgpost-9295-0-52590600-1361553290_thumb.jpg

With all the crazy weather going on out there, please, please, please be careful out there in the elements. 

Mary, have a wonderful time this weekend with Luke.

Good luck finishing up the newsletter, Sherry.

Love you all.  :ghug 

Good afternoon ladies :hi

Our group was good and productive last night for Knit the Bridge.  There were only 5 of us here, but did quite a bit of brainstorming :yes  Today I went to the gym this morning and then back to the house to get ready and the painters were already started.  They'll finish up today and then come back next week for any touch ups that might need done.  I have things on my 'to do' list that I need to get done today and hopefully tonight will be lounging and crocheting :xfin  I washed my sheets and towels this morning, so still need to do my laundry and scrubs before they come home on Sunday needing the machines :yes 

Michelle -  I hope you don't get a tornado :hug  WTG on the exercising :cheer:woo Sorry about dh, hopefully he'll be home for a bit before he has to leave again.

Sherry - I love the purse, Kuddles did a great job :yes  I hope you get everything done at work today.

Judy - Good luck with your gadget decision making process :devil

Cindy - WTG finishing the car seat blanket :clap

Marlene - What's on your agenda this weekend?

Tam - It's been snowing here off and on all week, but not amounting to anything :shrug  Awesome news about the job, that's wonderful you are so very appreciated at work :hug

Linda - WTG on all your work, love all the pics :manyheart

Mary - I hope you got the market trip done in time to get Luke :hug

Today's project, ( so as to avoid housework!) This only took me about three hours to make, including some frogging to change the pattern a bit. The pattern had the seam running down the front of the dress and it looked awful, so I moved it over to the side. I also made the skirt flare out a bit. This was not the best written pattern I ever tried. I like patterns that give stitch counts at least once in a while, and this one omitted that. There were a few other peculiarities as well, but the end result is cute.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/new-baby-crocheted-spring-dress

post-6189-0-41512200-1361558927_thumb.jpg

Archived