Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi, everybody!!

Cindy, Yay for the baby arriving - seems fast, from when you first mentioned DD was in labor. The other boys have to be so thrilled! A girl would have been sooooo outnumbered :lol

Linda, that's good progress on the quilt!

Joanne, thanks for letting me know that Ocean Grove is OK. We like it there, too!  Boardwalks are all shot up and down the coast but the piles of debris and boarded up homes we saw on Hwy 36 - and it was just a short distance we drove - was terrible.

My neighbor's DD and DGD will be up the weekend after next from Maryland, so I'll be able to give her the blankie in person.  I just pulled out the embroidery directions for the chain stitch - I like that one since it's not so bulky.

Thinking of Sherry....

Hi, Val, Mary, Marisa and everyone! Stay well, my friends!

:manyheart

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, everyone.  I slept in very late.  Of course, it didn't help that I was up very late watching 'The Demolition Man' on TV.  :P 

Hi Ladies,

Val, When I use to have to do laundry at the laundry mat I considered it my me time. I always tried to go when it was quite or took something to do if it was busy. Here we have a laundry mat most of us use. So some sit and visit or hangout at the little club house. I go to the little clubhouse to work on the puzzle.

Today I had pt and then I went to the jam session this afternoon. I finished DD ruffle scarf. These scarves take a lot of work with your fingers but they really are a quick project. Next time Michael's has the yarn on sale I'm going to get some more. I seen on facebook tonight www.simplicity.com has 3 patterns to knit them on 3 different looms. I've never knitted on a loom and I brought a small one with me and I think I will try it out.

Will you keep my niece and her husband in your prayers. She had a miscarriage this weekend. Thanks!

Hope everyone has a great tuesday!

I need to make a laundrymat trip too.  I'll take a book and a project to work on.  The nice thing about them that they can all get done at once instead of multiple loads throughout the day.

I'm so sorry to hear of the miscarriage.  Will keep them in my prayers.  :hug 

Good luck with the loom.  They seem to be an easy way to knit without having to use the actual knitting needles.  I've seen some really great projects made on them.

Good morning ladies :hi

Well, I'm here early but I was actually late :(  I apparently turned my alarm off without realizing it even went off and I woke up minutes before 8 when I had an 8:00 patient scheduled! :eek  So, I literally threw on clothes and ran out the door....called her from the car, but she had already left :sigh  I am so angry with myself, I can't believe I did that!  We rescheduled her for Thursday at the same time so I'll set 2 alarms!!!!  So when I got here I made my breakfast and washed my face :lol  I'm debating running back home now to get some food for throughout the day since I didn't have time to grab lunch on my way out the door and with my knit the bridge group coming tonight, I'll be here until 9.  I'm quite disgruntled :(

Judy - Hmmm, a small lasagna :think  I have the problem (inherited from my mom) that I don't really know how to cook small :shrug  5 of us ate from the lasagna on Sunday and then 3 of us had leftovers yesterday, and I think Steph had it for lunch yesterday too.  And there's' still 2/3 of the pan :eek  I think it's a great idea to give your baby ghan to Mabel :manyheart

Marlene - Those ruffle scarves are super cute....I keep thinking of doing one myself, but haven't taken the plunge yet with all my other WIPs :lol  Prayers for your niece and her dh :hug

Don't beat yourself up on missing your patient.  She's rescheduled and sometimes things happen.  I've had a terrible time learning to cook for one.  I'm getting better at it, but sometimes still have a ton of leftovers.

I'm attempting a ruffle scarf, but so far it's the scarf that is winning, not me.  :P 

Hoping you all have a great day.  BBL  :manyheart 

here's the baby ghan for Mabel. It's all made from CARON ss and is the hexagon pattern from their website, with a couple od my own touches, It measure 35 inches. The edging is that garden print Caron SS has...the lighting isn't the best...

post-8552-0-24133500-1361908987_thumb.jpg

Judy ~ Your baby afghan is precious - the colors are so sweet. :c9:applause   I like the fact that people are using "old" names again!  Our newest neighbors have a little one named Marie. :)

Linda ~ 10" is a lot of progress! :cheer  I hope John is continuing to improve at a good pace. :yes

Marisa ~ My DH is so good at turning off the alarm - and forgetting to hit the snooze button. :lol   I'm glad you were able to reschedule. :)

I have a cracked filling that will have to be replaced...it's probably at least 40 years old. :rolleyes   Between their schedule and mine, it will be 2 weeks from today...he said that it shouldn't be a problem for that long.  Then I stopped in the children's clothing store down the street (always a fun way to shop :D), bought groceries and came home.  I think it's crochet time until time to prepare dinner. :)

Hello everyone. Thanks for all the congratulations. Luke and Dd are both doing well. In fact dd went home today. Val, Dsil said they were still going to try for a girl. They are very pleased with Luke though.

I drove home from work today in freezing rain. Now it is snowing so hard that it looks like a sheet of snow coming down. I'm glad that we are all safe at home!

Marlene, so sorry to hear about your niece. Good. Luck with the loom, I've made hats and a shawl on a loom. There are some you tube videos on using them

Marisa, I'm sure you were frustrated with yourself for oversleeping, but stuff happens and your patient rescheduled. Regarding the lunch dilemma, I keep a few single serving cans of soup in my locker at work, in case I forget my lunch and don't have time to run to the cafeteria. I've never needed them but various co-workers have.

Mary, I think 40 years is quite a long time for a filling to last. Have fun with your new yarn.

Judy, that baby afghan is beautiful. Looks perfect for a little girl named Mabel! (That was my mom's name.)

Linda, I made one of those ruffle scarves last year, and it took me forever. Then a few weeks ago my sister in law came over, and while we chatted, she knit an entire scarf. It took her a couple of hours. She gave it to me, but she inspired me to go out and buy some yarn to make one too. I haven't started it yet.

Joanne, glad you made it to craft club.

Hi all,

I had a message from Sherry- she is doing well- in pain- and going to rehab tomorrow!!!! Glad that surgery is over and now she is on the road to recovery!

Marisa- Don't beat yourself up- stuff happens. She rescheduled and there's nothing you can do about it anyway! Like Cindy, I keep a few cans of soup at work in case I don't have time to make lunch- I can't tell you how many times I've had soup for lunch!  :lol  I buy HealthyChoice or any Low Sodium kinds when they are on sale.  I also keep small containers of Peanut Butter (I bought a box of them at BJ's) and some crackers. In fact, today, I didn't have time to bring lunch and forgot that I used the last can of soup last week, so didn't have any at work. So I had crackers and peanut butter and a small container of applesauce. Must remember to replenish the soup!!!

Judy- Mabel's afghan is beautiful! I'm sure they are going to love it! i was happy to hear that Ocean Grove is ok, too. DH and I enjoy walking around the town, in and out of the shops and then stopping for something to eat!

Cindy- Glad that DD and Luke are home and that you are all safe and sound inside! I do not like freezing rain!!! We are supposed to get a bit of rain- and the winds are kicking up.

Linda- I have adapted to cooking for two---but when DH cooks I always tease him--he cooks for an army!! :lol  But no complaints here, I'm glad he likes to cook!!!

Mary- :clap  for new yarn!!!! That's always a fun day! Hopefully the cracked filling won't give you any trouble between now and the appointment in two weeks.!

Val- Hope you had a nice crocheting afternoon!

It was a busy day- but glad that I got out at a decent time and that the rains hadn't started yet. I"m planning to do some more on the ripple tonight. I made decent progress last night.

Thanks, ladies!

Mary, the baby was named after a older family member...traditional names are sweet.

Marisa, when I was in HS I worked the morning shift in a hospital - and put my alarm clock where I had to get out of bed to turn it off! The one time I didn't, I overslept.... :lol

Cindy, how many boys does this DD have? I know you gave a total number of grandsons, but is that all one family? God bless her!

Have a good night everyone! :manyheart  :hug

Joanne ~ Thank you so much for letting us know about Sherry!  I hope she will be able to come visit with us before too long. :manyheart

I made spinach/lasagna rolls for supper - that and a salad will be on the table shortly. :)

Have a good night, everyone. :manyheart

Good morning !

It's a windy, rainy morning here and I'd much rather stay home in my pj's that venture out in it to work. But at least it's hump day!! I have a lot to do when I first get into work--but then it's downhill from there!

Have a great day, everyone!

Good morning housemates!

Judy - OMG...that afghan is beautiful!  I love it!  Your friends are going to love it.  What's on your hook today?

Joanne - Thanks for letting us know Sherry is okay.  It looks like the rain left us and came to you.  We still have some wind and it's cold and going to get colder the next few days.   I hope paradise is kind to you today!

Mary - :yay for new yarn.  Sorry you're having problems with your filling.  Two weeks will pass before you know it.

Cindy - Be careful this afternoon.  I noticed you said Dsil said they're trying for a girl. :lol   What does DD say about #6?  I love big families...but like you, I don't want to have to feed them.  Is DD a stay at home mom?

Marisa - Sorry you overslept but at least your customer rescheduled.  Life happens!

Linda, Sherry, Tam, Christi, Marlene & Christi... :ghug 

Have a wonderful Wednesday everybody!

BBL!

Good morning ladies :hi

I've already been here a while and started checking in, but of course got sidetracked :shrug  Well, let me clarify that I surely would not have starved yesterday :no  I have food here and could probably be fine for a few days if I was stuck here :think  I do have 2 cans of soup, 2 tins of tuna, a couple boxes of cereal (no milk though), snacks (chex mix, cheez its, cashews, fruit cups), yogurt, eggs (I make a bfast sandwich pretty much every morning), easy mac packets, and in the freezer I have some sausages (for my bfast sandwich), bagels, english muffins, and eggos!  SO, let's just go with I really wanted the banana bread yesterday AND the lasagna :drool  I always keep food around and I literally eat something every 2-3 hours, even when I'm just running around I have a snack on me :rofl  Oh, plus I forgot my iPad which has become an extension of me even more so than the phone :sigh

Mary - Glad the dentist visit wasn't too bad.  :yay for more yarn.  Your spinach lasagna rolls sound delish!  I love vegetable lasagna and that's what it makes me think of :yes

Judy - Mabel's ghan is beautiful! :manyheart  It's funny, I used to keep my alarm across the room since I was late for a final exam in undergrad back in 98 or 99 for the same reason :eek  Then when I started using my phone, I plug it up next to the bed and so there it is :shrug  But tonight for tomorrow morning, I'll set the phone and the regular alarm and will get my badorkus up and moving and plan to be at the office well ahead of time! :yes

Linda - How is that ruffle scarf coming along?  Glad you slept in yesterday :hug

Cindy - Get to your meeting safely today in all that snow/ice :hug

Joanne - Thanks for the update on Sherry :hug  Oh yes, I forgot...I have PB here too and mom's homemade blueberry jam :drool

Val - Hope you're having a good day.....PS, thanks for the help getting to my next level on candy crush :wink

Nice snow pics, Cindy!  Our weather is too warm for snow...we had a ton of rain overnight and part of our township  (5 minutes away or so) that is on th ewater had their roads all flooded out.

It sounds like your DD was always meant to have a bunch of kids....but feeding 5 boys!  :eek  My two younger brothers ended up being 6'5 and 6'8 and my mom always made sure she hid extra food so everyone else ate.... :lol

Marisa, you sound like me - I can't go more that 3 hours without having a snack.

Val, I have 2 more baby ghans to make: I'll be giving a member of my book club a refresher on making granny squares so we can collaberate on a blankie for a younger member of our group, whose baby is due in June. She's having a boy.

And I have to make a batch of squares to use as the border for a baby graph ghan, so I've started on that part. That baby is due in August. It's my dear friend's 2nd grandchild. I love making baby things.

Off I go!

BBL.

Oh guess what!  I forgot to mention it.....

I was just sitting here going over my finances for the month to let my mom know how much help I need and it's officially the first month that I've made more than I've spent for the office!!!!!  Now that doesn't cover personal expenses as well, but hey at least the office bills were covered this month :clap:yay:bounce

I woke up cold this morning and cannot get warm.  I think I'm going to go back to bed with a book.  I'm sitting here shivering.  As Val said, it's really cold outside.

here's the baby ghan for Mabel. It's all made from CARON ss and is the hexagon pattern from their website, with a couple od my own touches, It measure 35 inches. The edging is that garden print Caron SS has...the lighting isn't the best...

That's absolutely adorable!!!  :clap   :clap 

Judy ~ Your baby afghan is precious - the colors are so sweet. :c9:applause   I like the fact that people are using "old" names again!  Our newest neighbors have a little one named Marie. :)

Linda ~ 10" is a lot of progress! :cheer  I hope John is continuing to improve at a good pace. :yes

Marisa ~ My DH is so good at turning off the alarm - and forgetting to hit the snooze button. :lol   I'm glad you were able to reschedule. :)

I have a cracked filling that will have to be replaced...it's probably at least 40 years old. :rolleyes   Between their schedule and mine, it will be 2 weeks from today...he said that it shouldn't be a problem for that long.  Then I stopped in the children's clothing store down the street (always a fun way to shop :D), bought groceries and came home.  I think it's crochet time until time to prepare dinner. :)

Sorry about the cracked filling.  :hug  

John is continuing to improve.  Today is the third day in a row that they've had early doctor appointments.  So they've been napping in the afternoon and going to bed early.  I finished sewing together another 10" row on the quilt yesterday although I still have to iron it. :P   I'm planning on making three sets of three rows and then sewing the three sets together.  It's easier to handle that way.

Hello everyone. Thanks for all the congratulations. Luke and Dd are both doing well. In fact dd went home today. Val, Dsil said they were still going to try for a girl. They are very pleased with Luke though.

I drove home from work today in freezing rain. Now it is snowing so hard that it looks like a sheet of snow coming down. I'm glad that we are all safe at home!

Marlene, so sorry to hear about your niece. Good. Luck with the loom, I've made hats and a shawl on a loom. There are some you tube videos on using them

Linda, I made one of those ruffle scarves last year, and it took me forever. Then a few weeks ago my sister in law came over, and while we chatted, she knit an entire scarf. It took her a couple of hours. She gave it to me, but she inspired me to go out and buy some yarn to make one too. I haven't started it yet.

Joanne, glad you made it to craft club.

I'm really glad that everyone made it home okay last night.  Sounds like lousy weather to be out in.  Some families are great with big families and some aren't.  I'm glad we stopped at two, but my niece has nine so far.

My scarf is very, very slow going and isn't very ruffly.  I'm not sure just what I'm doing wrong.  Probably being too finicky about which hole I'm going into.  :P 

Hi all,

I had a message from Sherry- she is doing well- in pain- and going to rehab tomorrow!!!! Glad that surgery is over and now she is on the road to recovery!

Marisa- Don't beat yourself up- stuff happens. She rescheduled and there's nothing you can do about it anyway! Like Cindy, I keep a few cans of soup at work in case I don't have time to make lunch- I can't tell you how many times I've had soup for lunch!  :lol  I buy HealthyChoice or any Low Sodium kinds when they are on sale.  I also keep small containers of Peanut Butter (I bought a box of them at BJ's) and some crackers. In fact, today, I didn't have time to bring lunch and forgot that I used the last can of soup last week, so didn't have any at work. So I had crackers and peanut butter and a small container of applesauce. Must remember to replenish the soup!!!

Linda- I have adapted to cooking for two---but when DH cooks I always tease him--he cooks for an army!! :lol  But no complaints here, I'm glad he likes to cook!!!

Mary- :clap  for new yarn!!!! That's always a fun day! Hopefully the cracked filling won't give you any trouble between now and the appointment in two weeks.!

Val- Hope you had a nice crocheting afternoon!

It was a busy day- but glad that I got out at a decent time and that the rains hadn't started yet. I"m planning to do some more on the ripple tonight. I made decent progress last night.

Thanks for passing on the information on Sherry!   :hug   I don't have fond memories of those first days in the hospital, they didn't last all that long and it was much better when I got home.  

Nice snow pics, Cindy!  Our weather is too warm for snow...we had a ton of rain overnight and part of our township  (5 minutes away or so) that is on th ewater had their roads all flooded out.

It sounds like your DD was always meant to have a bunch of kids....but feeding 5 boys!  :eek  My two younger brothers ended up being 6'5 and 6'8 and my mom always made sure she hid extra food so everyone else ate.... :lol

Marisa, you sound like me - I can't go more that 3 hours without having a snack.

Val, I have 2 more baby ghans to make: I'll be giving a member of my book club a refresher on making granny squares so we can collaberate on a blankie for a younger member of our group, whose baby is due in June. She's having a boy.

And I have to make a batch of squares to use as the border for a baby graph ghan, so I've started on that part. That baby is due in August. It's my dear friend's 2nd grandchild. I love making baby things.

Off I go!

BBL.

You guys are making me hungry with all your talk of snacks.  :lol 

Way to go on all the baby blankies!

Oh guess what!  I forgot to mention it.....

I was just sitting here going over my finances for the month to let my mom know how much help I need and it's officially the first month that I've made more than I've spent for the office!!!!!  Now that doesn't cover personal expenses as well, but hey at least the office bills were covered this month :clap:yay:bounce

Hooray!!!!  :cheer   :cheer   :cheer   That's fantastic, Marisa!  Soon you'll be covering everything.

I'm going to have something to eat and crawl back in bed.  Have a good day.  :ghug 

Good afternoon, all. :)

So many of you are having rain or snow!  Stay safe and warm. :manyheart   We have a cold wind, but it's clear and sunny today. 

Marisa ~ Yay for having a great month! :yay

I've spent all morning at my desk...finally received the last thing needed for taxes and everything is in neat piles just waiting for me to do the final math. Maybe tomorrow. :lol

Judy - you are going to be busy.  I'm starting to love making thinks for small people.  I have the buttons for the hats I made a while back.  I have to put the faces on and I'll be done.  I'm thinking about doing some baby booties and such.  I also still have the saltines we made a few years back in yellow, blue, green and pink.  I'm thinking about just turning them into 4 gingham quilts from the Yellow ouse.  I'll have to make the white ones and lighter/darker squares of each of the main colors.

Marisa - WTG on the office being in the black.  You'll have to hire staff before you know it.  You're welcomed for the cross over.  I think it is going to be a regular thing with us as long as we're addicted to the game.

Linda - You deserve a day in bed!  Good for you.  It got fairly warm outside but the cold is coming in tonight and will linger for a few days.

Cindy - WOW!  It's a good thing DD love children.  I do hope they get a little girl if they try again.  There should be lots of excitement in a few years.  I love the picture of the snow.

Mary - Are you doing any hooking today?

I've decided that I'm going to work on my wips on the weekend only.  I really want to get some inventory built up for my business so I'll have some RTS if needed.  Monday-Friday will be reserved for work only.  I had to come up with a plan.

I'm checking out for the night.  Have a good night Housemates!  See ya tomorrow!

I love making  the baby things...your blankies should be so cute! 

Judy - you are going to be busy.  I'm starting to love making thinks for small people.  I have the buttons for the hats I made a while back.  I have to put the faces on and I'll be done.  I'm thinking about doing some baby booties and such.  I also still have the saltines we made a few years back in yellow, blue, green and pink.  I'm thinking about just turning them into 4 gingham quilts from the Yellow ouse.  I'll have to make the white ones and lighter/darker squares of each of the main colors

Valerie ~ Your plan sounds great!  Are you going to advertise?  So far, "word of mouth" seems to work really well for you. :yes  I made 3 of the baby ginghams and still have one. :lol  As long as DD's friends are still having little ones, I love keeping baby 'ghans on hand. :)

Judy ~ Looking forward to seeing your next finishes!

I started another scarf this afternoon.  Can you tell I'm avoiding taxes as long as possible? :D

I got up about 5:30.  Even managed to get in a 2 hour nap.  I've got about 3/4 of the ribbing done for another helmet liner.  Read a little bit and am now working on the x-stitch for my mom.

Judy - you are going to be busy.  I'm starting to love making thinks for small people.  I have the buttons for the hats I made a while back.  I have to put the faces on and I'll be done.  I'm thinking about doing some baby booties and such.  I also still have the saltines we made a few years back in yellow, blue, green and pink.  I'm thinking about just turning them into 4 gingham quilts from the Yellow ouse.  I'll have to make the white ones and lighter/darker squares of each of the main colors.

Marisa - WTG on the office being in the black.  You'll have to hire staff before you know it.  You're welcomed for the cross over.  I think it is going to be a regular thing with us as long as we're addicted to the game.

Linda - You deserve a day in bed!  Good for you.  It got fairly warm outside but the cold is coming in tonight and will linger for a few days.

Cindy - WOW!  It's a good thing DD love children.  I do hope they get a little girl if they try again.  There should be lots of excitement in a few years.  I love the picture of the snow.

Mary - Are you doing any hooking today?

I've decided that I'm going to work on my wips on the weekend only.  I really want to get some inventory built up for my business so I'll have some RTS if needed.  Monday-Friday will be reserved for work only.  I had to come up with a plan.

I'm checking out for the night.  Have a good night Housemates!  See ya tomorrow!

Sounds like a good plan, Val.  And making some gingham 'ghans sounds nice, too.

Hi everyone!

Marisa- Yup, I guess you won't starve. You have quite the selection of snacks!!! Congrats of being in the black for the office this month! That's very exciting news!! Good luck getting up on time tomorrow- I think the 2 alarms should do the trick! :lol

I didn't get out of work till 6:45 and decided to stop and visit with DD and Ryan on the way home. They've finished setting up the nursery- and it looks adorable!  Ryan is coming down with a cold- his nose is running--hope it doesn't amount to much. That's not what DD needs to deal with right now. She's still working- planning to take all her family leave time available after the baby is born. I'm hoping to give her a little break either Sat or Sunday- even if only for her to take a nap!

Sherry messaged that she is going to be at rehab for a few days- and is feeling better today than she felt yesterday- so she's on the mend!!

Off I go to read for a bit before calling it a night. I

Archived