Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good afternoon Housemates!

Slept in a bit today.  I've done my household and driving chores.

Tam - Great news about the job.  How's Ken doing?

Sherry - Love the bag.  I hope you get everything done and can have a relaxing weekend.

Marisa - Are you off work today?  Good for you and your knit group having a successful meeting.  I have to do laundry this weekend myself.

Linda - All of your projects look wonderful.  Be careful out tonight.  The rain is suppose to get heavy again later.

Cindy - What a beautiful dress!  What do you do with dresses being as you only have grandsons?  Enjoy your downtime with friends tonight.

Judy - Another electronic device? :lol 

Mary - Enjoy your Luke time.  Will he allow you to do any hooking while he's there?

Michelle - I hope your DH gets more time at home.  WTG on the exercise...water, water, water!

Joanne & Marlene...thinking of you ladies.

Have a good afternoon 'mates!

BBL!

Cindy, that is a wonderful dress!  :clap   :clap   :clap  I really like the colors in it too.

I promise to be very careful tonight, Val.  It looks like it's going to be foggy, too.  Uck!!!!  It's really nasty out.

Mary, I hope you had a  great time with Luke! I know how exhausting it can be...but how much fun it is!

Today's project, ( so as to avoid housework!) This only took me about three hours to make, including some frogging to change the pattern a bit. The pattern had the seam running down the front of the dress and it looked awful, so I moved it over to the side. I also made the skirt flare out a bit. This was not the best written pattern I ever tried. I like patterns that give stitch counts at least once in a while, and this one omitted that. There were a few other peculiarities as well, but the end result is cute.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/new-baby-crocheted-spring-dress

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

That's a beautiful dress!! And I like stitch counts every now and then too (if they're correct....One row on Russian doll wasn't correct). Good thing we're not beginners, or we'd be sunk!

Judy - Another electronic device? :lol 

:lashes possibly...  If I can decide on the best option. If I'm not sure, I'll hold off....

I promise to be very careful tonight, Val.  It looks like it's going to be foggy, too.  Uck!!!!  It's really nasty out.

Take care! :hug 

No hook time today - but I did pull out what I think I'll need  in order to begin completing the embellishments for the Russian doll. :D 

Have a good night everyone! :ghug 

Hi all,

I'm still here! ;)

Last night I didn't get home until almost 7 and after eating, I wanted to do some more knitting! LOL So I started another project with the same bulky yarn I used for my Nook cover.  Tonight, though, I'll work on the ripple.

Beautiful projects, Linda!! That's wonderful news about John having the feeding tube removed. He seems to be making a much better recovery now that he is home!

Cindy---that dress is so adorable. Good for you being able to adjust the pattern- I'd have been sunk! You sure whipped that up pretty quickly, frogging and all! Have fun with your friends tonight.

Tam- That's great news about being offered the job- things often happen when you least expect them! How is Ken doing? Loved the snowy pictures you posted on FB---I do love the look of snow- just not the driving in the snow- but if you get a snow day and can stay home all toasty warm inside or in my case, go and play with a grandson in the snow- I love it!

Mary-- Hope you had a great day with Luke today! Bet you'll sleep like a baby tonight!

Sherry- Who will do the newsletter when you are out? I hope you have a nice weekend and I'll be thinking and saying prayers for you on Monday!! 

Marisa- Good thinking doing your laundry before your sis and Bean return home and need to do their laundry. So how do you like the colors now that they have basically finished the painting?  Knit a Bridge sounds like a lot of fun!

Val- What did you do with the rest of your day after getting your driving duties done?

Judy- Have fun embellishing the russian doll!!! I'm thinking of getting an I pad mini--or a newer I pad (I have 1st gen which you can no longer update with the newest operating system which now is IOS 6). It still works great though and I use it quite alot.  I also still love the Nook simple touch for reading, though- I like the e-ink!  I'm thinking of the I Pad mini since it's lighter (alot lighter than my ipad) and would fit in my purse. I'm still going back and forth --and holding out till March/April when Apple usually releases something new. I'd like to see if they are planning to add retina display to the IPad mini.

Dinner is ready- Pizza delivery just got here! :lol

Have a good night everyone!

Hi from "Ammy and Gamps" house. :lol    Yay for Photo Friday!

Cindy ~ The dress is precious!  :c9 Beautiful color and your work is wonderful.

Linda ~ You've accomplished so much! :cheer   John's quilt is going to be stunning and those stacks of saltines brings back memories of our "who makes the most" contest. :D

Luke is just the cutest thing and scary smart. :c9  He loves his new bed and so do we.  It is definitely as advertised and we will probably get the next size in a year or two. I don't know how old he will be before we let him sleep upstairs. ;)  It worries me that he will fall down the stairs. :eek 

We're getting ready for dinner and it's almost 8:30, so I will stop for now.  See you all tomorrow. :manyheart

Good morning! Rainy Saturday here, so it's a good day to stay inside and catch up on some cleaning before settling down with some crocheting and knitting and reading this afternoon. May even go to see Ryan if DD is going to be around!

Mary- Glad that the bed is working out and all it was advertised to be. I told a co-worker of mine about it since her 22 month old granddaughter is coming to stay the weekend in a couple of weeks!  Love how Luke calls you Gammy and DH Gamps! I can't wait to see what Ryan calls me- I'm also a Grammie (with ie, not y-, but the same thing) Kids seem to have trouble with the 'r' in words!

Marlene- Sorry you lost your post- that is so frustrating! Have fun at the music show tonight! And your lunch sounds great- I love fish and slaw!!! (I love the FF too, but try not to have too many of them)

Here's the pic of my Nook Cover that I Knit!!!! Certainly has some mistakes, but learning from them. It's all about the process!!! Hope you all have a good Saturday!!

post-27163-0-12696600-1361621965_thumb.jpg

Morning peeps!

Joanne, the knitted case is great! You're on a roll!! I hope you get to see Ryan today.

Luke is just the cutest thing and scary smart. :c9  He loves his new bed and so do we.  It is definitely as advertised and we will probably get the next size in a year or two. I don't know how old he will be before we let him sleep upstairs. ;)  It worries me that he will fall down the stairs. :eekThat's great that he loves the bed! And we used baby gates at the top of the stairs, where the bedrooms are. The ones with tension bars. They were recycled for the pups down the years, too :lol 

We're getting ready for dinner and it's almost 8:30, so I will stop for now.  See you all tomorrow. :manyheart

Have a good day everyone - need to get the dog schmutz off the hall floor before settling down to crafting!

BBL

Morning all. Linda-- love the quilt!! And Cindy-- that dress is really cute. Gonna finish my knit wash cloth today then start some dr who crocheted gloves for my DD who is a fan. I like th knook cover.....learning knitting is..different. have a good day

Ta-Da! My Russian doll - the Mama. She stands a bit over 8 inches high. She was very fiddly, as mentioned in the pattern when I read it so I'm not sure when or if I'll make the little ones. At least I know I CAN do it now!

post-8552-0-89133000-1361640649_thumb.jpg

Hello everyone. I've been hanging out in the kitchen all morning. I made vegetable soup, a huge salad and cut up fruit for tonight's dinner, and also prepped veggies for tomorrow. Then I had to clean up.........

Sort of funny story...we got to the restaurant last night and my bil looked at me and said "what's weight watcher friendly here? Turns out that I inspired them to get healthier. My bil must weigh 300 pounds, and he's probably about 5 foot 9. My sister in law could probably lose about 30 pounds, but she looks pretty good, she's one of those lucky people that carry their weight well, and she is also always nicely turned out. Not conventionally pretty, but always looks attractive. .

Joanne, your Nook cover looks good. What are you knitting next?

Judy, the doll turned out just beautiful.

Hi to everyone else, I have more chores to do, and also plan to go outside later to get some exercise. It's snowing lightly and isn't terrible cold, so I will take the dog out into the woods for an hour or so.

Good afternoon Housemates!

I awakened with a terrible headache that is still lingering slightly.

I'm delivering the black/gray/white ghan today. :yay money!!

I don't have much planned today so I guess I'll spend the rest of the afternoon/evening hooking.

Joanne & Judy...I saw your pictures on FB and commented about them both being nice and pretty.

Cindy - That is great being an inspiration to lose weight.  Your din din sounds delicious.

Have a good afternoon/evening all.

BBL!

Hi Ladies. :)   Luke and Gramps are reading books before bed and Grammy just poured a glass of wine. :lol

Joanne ~ Your knitting is looking great!  :clap  Yes, DD and I discussed the spelling of Grammie/Grammy and ended up with the "Y" because my MIL was always Granny with a Y...no real logic except for that. ;)

Judy ~ The Russian doll turned out so cute...your stitching and embroidery are wonderful! :cheer

Valerie ~ So glad you were  getting paid for your gorgeous afghan today! :yes   Does that mean more yarn? :D

Sherry ~ Thinking of you and your surgery Monday morning. :hug

I know I'm missing all sorts of posts, but will catch up better tomorrow evening and Monday. :manyheart

Have a good evening, everyone. :ghug

Hi all,

I went to Vera Bradley today- and treated myself to a tote and bag and wallet  in a discontinued patter that I love They were all 25% off. The pattern is called Doodle Daisy-  http://www.verabradley.com/category/Color/Doodle-Daisy/869/pc/639.uts

This afternoon after Ryan was awake, we went over and spend the remainder of the afternoon and evening with DD and him. She had invited us for dinner- meatballs/sausage/Fusilli- it was delicious- and then for dessert- we had homemade ice cream. It was delicious.  I had brought the ripple over and the first thing she said "it's the same colors as one of Ryan's blankets, but it's a different pattern! That's so cool- I love it" It made my heart sing!

We're meeting them at IHop in the morning for breakfast! 

Joanne - love the Nook case!  You did a great job!  I gave up knitting years ago--too much work if you drop a stitch and I was forever dropping stitches, so I found out that crocheting was much easier!  The newsletter got printed but not folded or ready to mail.  The new youth director will do that for me on Monday.  We only do a monthly newsletter so I'll be there to do the next one! 

Valerie - glad you got your afghan done! 

Mary - hope you're not going to get some of this snowstorm that they are now saying is coming in on Monday and Tuesday.

Marisa - hope you're having a good weekend. 

I spent all morning this morning working--at home!!  Our IT guy fixed it so I can remote in to our system and work like I'm sitting at my desk.  It took him a very long time to get it done--nothing ever goes like it's supposed to there, problems from the outsest.  But we finally have it working.  I have a couple of more things that need to be done and I can do them tomorrow.  No relaxing for me today--we went to see GS at karate, went to HL and they finally had white yarn YEA!!  Then we bought a recumbent bike for my recovery time, DH has been working on it all afternoon getting it put together.  Then DD and I went to Sam's and Walmart to get what's needed for the hospital stay and what we will need while I'm off.  Did watch Men In Black 3 tonight and it was really good.

Thanks for all your prayers for Monday.  Our next winter storm is supposed to be coming in late Monday afternoon--I'm praying it doesn't come in early and they cancel my surgery.  I told DH he may get to spend the night at the hospital with me if we get what they say we will. 

Well, it's time to get to bed.  Busy day tomorrow.  Gotta get my pjs hemmed--can't be tripping on them in the hospital LOL.  DD is loaning me her very fuzzy, warm robe and it's short enough that I won't trip on it (I'm short, so everything must be hemmed.  And get the bag packed and ready to go. 

I hope that all of you have a great weekend.  Hugs to all!!

Hi, ya!

Hi Ladies. :)   Luke and Gramps are reading books before bed and Grammy just poured a glass of wine. :lolYou must be tired...LOL!

Judy ~ The Russian doll turned out so cute...your stitching and embroidery are wonderful! :cheerThanks so much! I was really dragging my feet over the finishing touches...I wasn't sure how it would look....

Was Luke up bright and early?

Hi all,

I went to Vera Bradley today- and treated myself to a tote and bag and wallet  in a discontinued patter that I love They were all 25% off. The pattern is called Doodle Daisy-  http://www.verabradley.com/category/Color/Doodle-Daisy/869/pc/639.uts

This afternoon after Ryan was awake, we went over and spend the remainder of the afternoon and evening with DD and him. She had invited us for dinner- meatballs/sausage/Fusilli- it was delicious- and then for dessert- we had homemade ice cream. It was delicious.  I had brought the ripple over and the first thing she said "it's the same colors as one of Ryan's blankets, but it's a different pattern! That's so cool- I love it" It made my heart sing!

We're meeting them at IHop in the morning for breakfast! 

Oh, nice sale!! Enjoy - it's a nice cheery pattern!

Did you get to go out for breakfast?

I spent all morning this morning working--at home!!  Our IT guy fixed it so I can remote in to our system and work like I'm sitting at my desk.  It took him a very long time to get it done--nothing ever goes like it's supposed to there, problems from the outsest.  But we finally have it working.  I have a couple of more things that need to be done and I can do them tomorrow.  No relaxing for me today--we went to see GS at karate, went to HL and they finally had white yarn YEA!!  Then we bought a recumbent bike for my recovery time, DH has been working on it all afternoon getting it put together.  Then DD and I went to Sam's and Walmart to get what's needed for the hospital stay and what we will need while I'm off.  Did watch Men In Black 3 tonight and it was really good.I think you need a rest! Too bad hospitals don't provide much in the way of that!

Thanks for all your prayers for Monday.  Our next winter storm is supposed to be coming in late Monday afternoon--I'm praying it doesn't come in early and they cancel my surgery.  I told DH he may get to spend the night at the hospital with me if we get what they say we will. I hope it all goes on scedule....Thoughts and prayers, hon :hug

Well, it's time to get to bed.  Busy day tomorrow.  Gotta get my pjs hemmed--can't be tripping on them in the hospital LOL.  DD is loaning me her very fuzzy, warm robe and it's short enough that I won't trip on it (I'm short, so everything must be hemmed.  And get the bag packed and ready to go. 

I hope that all of you have a great weekend.  Hugs to all!!

I have to shorten almost everything, too... :lol

Making lasagna today....YUMMO!

BBL!

Hi all,

Went to breakfast and my son-in-law joined us. he didn't get stuck working overnight after all so it was great to all be together. Ryan has a very good appetite first thing in the morning!!!

After that, we came home and I did laundry and worked on the afghan a bit, as well as ordered Ryan a big brother gift. I ordered him http://www.littletikes.com/kids-toys/school-bus-activity-gym since his favorite book and song is wheels on the bus! I got a good deal and free shipping and can't wait to see him playing with it.

DD and Ryan are coming over in a bit and we are heading to the Carter's outlet --she wants to get a special outfit for Robbie to bring him home from the hospital in. 

Judy- I was just thinking about lasagne and voila--you posted that's what you are making for dinner. I'm thinking of making some next weekend- extra batch to give DD to put in her freezer to have on hand for after the baby comes. That and a tray of baked ziti and maybe some eggplant parm.

Sherry- I hope you get to relax a little today and I'm praying for a successful surgery and speedy recovery!!!

Archived