Our House Part Two

JulieKay

:bday Hope it was wonderful Linda!!

:valday  to EVERYONE!!

I had a nice one! Went to Dr. and got shot for sinus problems so maybe I will find some more mojo in next couple of days.. but DH surprised me with roses! I am blessed!

Katie--got the saltines today and :ty  thank you!!! I still can't believe the kindness that has been shown to me here!! Seriously I really am touched by this.....

Mary--- :manyheart  the Sweet Pea Afghan!! Such pretty colors and looks so nice!

Marissa----thank you for the encouragement! Not only did I get shot for sinus infection but as for as mojo having some blood work drawn, but doc got me pretty good about exercise! :reyes  She feels like this is the whole culprit of all my problems.. she did run an EEG? (heart test) and like I said drew blood gonna check some things,,,,told her felt real good coming to Doc to be told I was lazy..  :lol . Seriously, she really is a good doc and I know what she said is probably right. so I have GOT to get committed to that. She said no matter that I was eating right and watching calorie count--over the last 4 yrs I have altered my metabolism by sedentary lifestyle, sooo.... I Hate exercise!!! BUT...... I want to live well. so!

Joanne--- I keep Eli who was 2 in August. I keep him 3 days a week from about 7 - 6 and then in between because they live so close to us.. He has Mimi's :heart  for sure!! He came in bringing us Valentines he had "made" this morning so proud!! :heart Congrats on your new bundle of joy also!! I love the name Robert Matthew! Robert is my SS and Matthew is my DS :) 

Well I did not get to work on quiltghan today what with doc and all.. I was there 3 hours!! AAGGHH!

DH carried me and DD out to supper at the local fish and steak house ( which I had grilled chicken salad) but I did work a some on the deco mesh spiral wreath I am making for the auction.

anyhow....hope everyone has a good night!!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning and TGIF!!!

Mary- The sweat pea afghan is so pretty!!!! Love the color combination!!!!

Linda- Glad to hear that John is home- he'll probably do much better now that he is home. Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday!!!! Which you so deserved to have. Today is my brother's birthday- the one that had the hip surgery in January --he's doing well and recovering very nicely.

Judy- I also got my hair cut/colored yesterday- and I feel so much better now- it really needs to be trimmed every 6 wks so that my natural curl will do it's thing and I can just wash and wear!!! I'm not one to fuss on my hair in the mornings and like to be able to wash, put in a little mousse, scrunch up my hair and go!

Wonderful news on your health!!!! And will continue to pray for your DH that all turns out ok!

Marisa- Hope that your headaches are subsiding after your adjustment!

Cindy, Val, Tam, Marlene, Michele, and everyone- hope you have a great Friday!! Tonight I'll stop and pick up the yarn I was in the process of buying Wed night! LOL

Mary - your afghan is beautiful!!!

Marisa - my "vacation" is total knee replacement surgergy, so I'll be away for 2-3 days and then to rehab (maybe at a facility or  home, not sure yet, will depend on what my insurance says), then I'll be home for 2 more weeks and then I can go back to work but will have to have a driver for the next 3 weeks.  It's my right knee and dr says I can't drive until after 6 weeks.  I'm taking my 2 weeks of vacation since I only get 2 days of sick leave a year, and while I'm off I will celebrate my hiring anniversary and get 2 more weeks of vacatoin.  It sucks that I have to use my vacation time for this but it's the only way I can take off.  Boss is reallystressed out that I'm going to be gone for 3 weeks, so I'm sure my phone will be ringing off the hook.  The 2nd & 3rd week I can work from home, so we're going to set up the computer so I can do the financial stuff (do payroll--which everyone seems to want done LOL). 

Joanne - hope things are going weel with you.  Enjoying all that new yarn???

Judy - Glad your tests came back ok.  Will be remembering your DH in prayers.

Hope you all had a great Valentine's Day!  I received a Pillow Pet from youngest DD.  It's a rainbow colored bear--it's so cute.  Everyone else here has a pillow pet but me, so now I don't have to borrow the grandsons'  LOL.

Well it's time to get ready to go to work.  Have a great day all!  Hugs to everyone!!

Good morning everyone.  I'm moving better this morning and we have sunshine again, which is great.  :sun   The prayer shawl group has received a request for at least 16 helmet liners for troops in Afghanistan, so I started the ribbing for one last night.  I got yarn for about 4 from our stash there and will see how many I can get done this week.  If there is extra I'll be making some squares that have a cross pattern in them, which also go to troops.

Michelle ~ Eli sounds adorable.  Frustrating to be told you are lazy.  Sedentary's okay, but lazy?  My primary exercise is walking my dog several times a day.  :P 

Joanne ~ I sure hope they don't give you any flack on the yarn discount.  Congrats on getting your hair done.  I need to do mine again too.

Sherry ~ Congratulations on getting your own pillow pet.  :)   Sound like your recovery is going to be a working one even though you aren't at work to do it.  Do take care of that knee and allow yourself some time to recuperate.  It does suck that you have to use your vacation time for it, but at least you are getting it taken care of.

Hope everyone has a good day.  This week has sped by for me.  Love you all.  :ghug 

Hello everyone.  We've had [problems with superslow internet over the past few days.  It seems to be working at the moment.  Hopefully I can get this posted.

I was talked into working 12 hours yesterday, and then had to drive home in a snowstorm.  I have problems with night vision already, and adding snow to it, well lets just say, that I had a few moments there.  No-one, including me was in any danger though. so I guess it was okay.  I just had to do a little guessing as to where the road actually was.  It's nice and sunny today though. so the snow is melting.

Next Monday is Family Day in Canada, (its an official holiday there), so my nephew and his wife are coming for the weekend.  I have deep cleaned the guest room, and the bathroom for them.  I even made room in the closet!  The guest room doesn't get all that much attention from me.  We just keep the door closed!  I need to do a little more cleaning still though. I haven't done too much yet this week.

Michelle, yes, a new grand child is due here soon.  We don't know if its a boy or a girl.  We have 4 grandsons, so a girl would be nice, but it doesn't really matter to us.  The boys are lots of fun.

Congrats on your anticipated grand child!!

Linda, wishing you a belated :birthday .  Glad to hear that John is home.  That has to be so much easier for Rosie.  Hopefully she can get rested up.  She will probably still be pretty busy with him, but at least there will be much less running around.

Joanne, WTG for finally getting your hair done.  Hope the Michaels purchase works out. 

Judy, so glad to hear that all the medical tests were good.

Marlene hope you ahd a good time at the Valentines day dance.  I came home to a lovely dinner, and a dozen red roses.  I've had the same patient all week, and his family brought the nursing staff cookies and heart shaped lolipops yesterday.  Our administrative associate brought pink cupcakes, our chaplain brought  brownies and another patient's family brought chocolates.  It was not a good day for my diet!!!  (and its entirely possible that I missed some goodies!)

Sherry, doesn't your job provide any sick time?  Seems a shame that you have to use your vacation for surgery.

Mary, your Sweet Pea afghan is beautiful!  What a great baby gift.

Hi  Marisa, Val, Judy, Tam and everyone else.

Good afternoon ladies :hi

I slept good last night, best night in a week....I've only been sleeping about 4-5 hours a night :eek  Went to the gym around 10 and then on my way to the office stopped for gas, the prices just keep going up :(  Stopped at a tavern on my way to get their fish sandwich for lunch and it was packed!  Even in the bar area.  They do make an awesome fish sandwich though and I got mine broiled instead of fried :yes  Just saw a patient and decided that I needed to check in.

I have another patient at 4 and then we're going to Ingrid's tonight, so I'll just go there from here instead of heading home first.

Mary - The sweet pea ghan is beautiful :manyheart

Linda - Glad prayer shawl group went well and what an honor to be asked to make something to send to our troops :manyheart

Judy - You're probably done with Argo by now? :lol  Great news on your tests, now hoping dh's come back well too :xfin

Michelle - Yes, definitely need to exercise :yes  Do things that you like and try to make it fun.  I always tell my patients if you don't use it lose it :lol  You can start quite simply by parking farther away when you go places so you have to walk through the lot or take stairs instead of an elevator.  Little changes like that can go a long way :yes  Good luck!

Joanne - Oh boy, what a treat waiting for you at the end of your day at Michael's :clap  Glad to hear you finally got your hair done :lol

Sherry - Sorry you don't get much time for your surgery :(  My mom had a TKR a few years ago now and did great.  She did her rehab at home and an outpatient facility.  She was discharged from the hospital after about 4-5 days when she was able to climb a flight of stairs (since their house only has 1 bathroom on the 2nd floor).  Just follow your orders and do what they tell you :yes 

Cindy - What a bummer having to end up driving in the storm like that :(  Have fun on Family Day on Monday :yes

Happy Friday, House. :)   Thanks to all of you for the compliments on the baby 'ghan! :manyheart  

I hope everyone is having a good day - it's colder (40's) and cloudy, but it feels good. :yes   Off to work on taxes for a while and then crochet for a while. :hook

Good afternoon Housemates!

I didn't come back in yesterday and boy was there a lot of post to catch up on.  I finished the periwinkle and white ghan.  I'm putting the last of the edging on.  It's smaller than I planned.  I've made a ghan with these squares but I used a larger hook and made an extra round on the squares.  Oh well, it's a lap ghan!

Mary - I love your Sweet pea ghan.  It's beautiful.

Sherry - Sorry you have to use your vacation for medical reasons.  I hope you're being compensated for working at home.

Linda - great news that John is home.  It has to be easier for Rosie with him home.  Glad you enjoyed your birthday and shawk group meeting.

Judy - Thank God your test result were good.  I will continue to life DH up in prayer.

Marisa - What a stash of yarn you posted on FB!  How are your headaches?

Joanne - I hope you're having a easy day in paradise.  I know you're excited about getting your new yarn.

Cindy - Sorry you had to drive home in the snow.  Good looking out for DH with dinner and roses waiting for you.

Michelle - Make sure you drink at least 8 glasses of water.  Water is also key to losing weight.  Congrats on your new bundle of joy on the way.  You'll have to post pictures.

Mary - Your weather sounds divine.

Tam - Hope all is well.

Have a great afternoon all.

Hi, ladies!!
Marisa, I still haven't finsihed Argo - other things keep interfering with my hobbies.....and there's a lot of detail in it, so it's not fluff reading! I'm glad I decided to read it, though - there's quite a bit of stuff I'm finding interesting. :yes

Cindy, glad you made it home in one piece!! :)

Val, TY for remembering us in your prayers. :hug

Joanne, I think come Summer my hair will either be curly or in a pony tail :lol

Sherry - aw, a pillow pet! That sounds like somethingfun to have. :D

Hi to  Linda and everyone else!   Cu all tomorrow! :hug  :manyheart

Hello everyone.  We've had [problems with superslow internet over the past few days.  It seems to be working at the moment.  Hopefully I can get this posted.

I was talked into working 12 hours yesterday, and then had to drive home in a snowstorm.  I have problems with night vision already, and adding snow to it, well lets just say, that I had a few moments there.  No-one, including me was in any danger though. so I guess it was okay.  I just had to do a little guessing as to where the road actually was.  It's nice and sunny today though. so the snow is melting.

What a bummer having to drive home in snow after a 12 hour shift.  Glad you made it home safely.

Next Monday is Family Day in Canada, (its an official holiday there), so my nephew and his wife are coming for the weekend.  I have deep cleaned the guest room, and the bathroom for them.  I even made room in the closet!  The guest room doesn't get all that much attention from me.  We just keep the door closed!  I need to do a little more cleaning still though. I haven't done too much yet this week.

Have a wonderful time with them.  :hug 

Michelle, yes, a new grand child is due here soon.  We don't know if its a boy or a girl.  We have 4 grandsons, so a girl would be nice, but it doesn't really matter to us.  The boys are lots of fun.

That will be such fun!  :yay 

Congrats on your anticipated grand child!!

Linda, wishing you a belated :birthdayThank you.

Glad to hear that John is home.  That has to be so much easier for Rosie.  Hopefully she can get rested up.  She will probably still be pretty busy with him, but at least there will be much less running around.

It does help a lot to have him home, although all the meds and things are quite daunting for her.  He either passed out or went to sleep while the nurse was there walking him today.  Scared them all, but he was unhurt.

I came home to a lovely dinner, and a dozen red roses.  I've had the same patient all week, and his family brought the nursing staff cookies and heart shaped lolipops yesterday.  Our administrative associate brought pink cupcakes, our chaplain brought  brownies and another patient's family brought chocolates.  It was not a good day for my diet!!!  (and its entirely possible that I missed some goodies!)

It all sounds positively yummy, even if not good for the diet.  :lol 

I now have the first 2 rows put together on John's afghan.  Each row has 8 blocks and there are 9 rows which means it's about 22% together, minus the border.

I'm switching to crochet now.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

You all have been busy!  I've got a lot to catch up on. 

Cindy - glad you made it home ok.  We're supposed to get some snow tonight.  Then on Wednesday and Thursday, there's a chance for ice or snow or both :(  Thursday is my dr appt with the surgeon.  Sure hope it doesn't do anything until after that time.

Marisa - I plan to do exactly what the dr and physical therapists tell me to do.  I won't have much work to do at home, I'll do the big stuff (bulletins and newsletters) next week before I leave on Friday.  I asked the dr how long I would have to be off and when he told me 3 weeks, I couldn't believe it.  Yes, I get 2 days of sick leave a year but that is usually gone with just regular dr appts.  I think the new committee that oversees the staff now realizes that 2 days is not enough but we'll see if anything changes.

Will be working on the turtle again this weekend.  Hopefully I can get it done and to GS by Wednesday. 

Hope all of you have a great Friday evening and a great weekend!

Hello all!!

Sherry--sorry to hear about your knee replacement!! will be praying you recover and rehab quickly!

Linda--- so interesting to read about you doing helmet liners. I have never heard of that but yeah, I can see where that might be more comfortable.. guess that;s something like what they call skull caps. Linda, sorry for asking, but who is John? Your DH? Sorry that you are going through so much sickness with him..

Linda, Marisa, Valerie --- yes, the more I thought about my dr. visit last nite, I even got real mad!! :irk I mean, not like I sit around all day chasing after a 2 yr old plus and hour drive in am and hour drive in the evening to pick up dd from school, not to mention feeding and  haying 6 horses every day!! But this morning I got off the pot and decided well I'll just show them!! Plus, the steroid shot and the antibiotics today has had me feeling great for a change, so I walked 1 and 1/2 miles today around the track close by (with hills )!! I will do my best to keep this up!! And thanks for reminding me about water. I have been in emergency twice over the last few years because for some reason I dehydrate easily.. but yes don't use it, you lose it and determined to get in shape!!

Anyway hope all has a nice night!!

Good morning!

Cindy- Enjoy Family Day! I like that holiday- we should have it here in the states too! President's Day is Monday, and unfortunately, my company doesn't have that day as one of our holidays--but it should be a relatively quiet day at work since lots of people requested the day off.

Sherry- That stinks that you only get 2 sick days per year! Do you have disability or FMLA? Here in NJ, if you have to be out of work for surgery, or illness, there is state disability. It doesn't pay your entire salary- something like 66 2/3 up to a certain max, plus FMLA (both state and federal) leave. I have accumlated 300 plus hours of sick time over the 7+years I've been at my current job. We get 6 sick days/year,and you can carry them over year to year. I've been very fortunate that I haven't had to use any sick time. We can also take AFLAC at work which I do, so in the event I had to be out for an extended time, I would get paid the difference in what disability pays and my salary. I kind of look at it like my protection- kind of like if you carry an umbrella it won't rain, but once you forget it, it pours! LOL

Speaking of surgeries I spoke to my brother last night for his birthday and he is doing fabulous after his total hip replacement. He has been back to work (he's an optometrist) and said for the first time in years, his hip doesn't hurt each time he gets up from sitting (which he said is at least 3 times per patient). Car rides are no longer uncomfortable. He's walking without the cane now and hopes to be back to riding his bicycle in March. He also told me that my sis-in-law and her sis are going to London and ireland in July- their brother was transferred there and he is treating them to a trip to come visit him. How cool is that?

I'm going to watch Ryan this morning so DD can get a pedicure, then when she is done, I'm going for my manicure! Tonight we have my step grandaughters birthday party!

Hope you all have a fabulous day!

Good morning.  Just a quick check-in before my house guests get up.  We had snow overnight and everything looks bright and clean again.

Joanne, we don't get Presidents day as a holiday either.  We do however, have a generous sick leave plan.  If you don't use your sick days, you can add them to your vacation days, or you can save them up to 8 weeks worth.  You never lose them though, the hospital will buy them back from you if you don't want to carry that many hours over.  My vacation and sick days combined give me somewhere between 6 and 8 weeks a year of paid time off.  I've rarely used any of my sick time, but I often use it for vacation time.  Also glad to hear that your brother is doing so well.  Your sis-in-law and her sis are going to ahve a great vacation!  Have fun  with Ryan.  My grandsons are coming to visit for a while this afternoon.

I may not check in again until after work on Monday.  Kind of depends on what we do with our guests.  Hope everyone has a great weekend.

You all have been busy!  I've got a lot to catch up on. 

Marisa - I plan to do exactly what the dr and physical therapists tell me to do.  I won't have much work to do at home, I'll do the big stuff (bulletins and newsletters) next week before I leave on Friday.  I asked the dr how long I would have to be off and when he told me 3 weeks, I couldn't believe it.  Yes, I get 2 days of sick leave a year but that is usually gone with just regular dr appts.  I think the new committee that oversees the staff now realizes that 2 days is not enough but we'll see if anything changes.

Will be working on the turtle again this weekend.  Hopefully I can get it done and to GS by Wednesday. 

Hope all of you have a great Friday evening and a great weekend!

Sounds great, you'll be just fine!  My mom had to be out of work for about 6 months!  But she was working at a salon and on her feet ALL day with long hours, although it was only 3 and a half days a week.  2 sick days a year really isn't much :no 

Hello all!!

Linda, Marisa, Valerie --- yes, the more I thought about my dr. visit last nite, I even got real mad!! :irk I mean, not like I sit around all day chasing after a 2 yr old plus and hour drive in am and hour drive in the evening to pick up dd from school, not to mention feeding and  haying 6 horses every day!! But this morning I got off the pot and decided well I'll just show them!! Plus, the steroid shot and the antibiotics today has had me feeling great for a change, so I walked 1 and 1/2 miles today around the track close by (with hills )!! I will do my best to keep this up!! And thanks for reminding me about water. I have been in emergency twice over the last few years because for some reason I dehydrate easily.. but yes don't use it, you lose it and determined to get in shape!!

Anyway hope all has a nice night!!

Great way to look at it!  It definitely doesn't sound like you are just sitting around, that's for sure :clap  Sometimes you just need to kick it up a notch for results to continue when they start to plateau :yes  Sounds like the track walk was a good one :h5  Keep up the great work :hug  And yes, water water water!

Good morning!

Cindy- Enjoy Family Day! I like that holiday- we should have it here in the states too! President's Day is Monday, and unfortunately, my company doesn't have that day as one of our holidays--but it should be a relatively quiet day at work since lots of people requested the day off.

Sherry- That stinks that you only get 2 sick days per year! Do you have disability or FMLA? Here in NJ, if you have to be out of work for surgery, or illness, there is state disability. It doesn't pay your entire salary- something like 66 2/3 up to a certain max, plus FMLA (both state and federal) leave. I have accumlated 300 plus hours of sick time over the 7+years I've been at my current job. We get 6 sick days/year,and you can carry them over year to year. I've been very fortunate that I haven't had to use any sick time. We can also take AFLAC at work which I do, so in the event I had to be out for an extended time, I would get paid the difference in what disability pays and my salary. I kind of look at it like my protection- kind of like if you carry an umbrella it won't rain, but once you forget it, it pours! LOL

Speaking of surgeries I spoke to my brother last night for his birthday and he is doing fabulous after his total hip replacement. He has been back to work (he's an optometrist) and said for the first time in years, his hip doesn't hurt each time he gets up from sitting (which he said is at least 3 times per patient). Car rides are no longer uncomfortable. He's walking without the cane now and hopes to be back to riding his bicycle in March. He also told me that my sis-in-law and her sis are going to London and ireland in July- their brother was transferred there and he is treating them to a trip to come visit him. How cool is that?

I'm going to watch Ryan this morning so DD can get a pedicure, then when she is done, I'm going for my manicure! Tonight we have my step grandaughters birthday party!

Hope you all have a fabulous day!

Great to hear your brother is doing so great :clap  :yay  When I was in Philly I filled out my fiar share of FMLA and AFLAC forms :sigh  The latter is a complete pain in my behind!  Great concept, but they don't make it even remotely easy to process :shrug  Have fun with Ryan.

Good morning.  Just a quick check-in before my house guests get up.  We had snow overnight and everything looks bright and clean again.

Joanne, we don't get Presidents day as a holiday either.  We do however, have a generous sick leave plan.  If you don't use your sick days, you can add them to your vacation days, or you can save them up to 8 weeks worth.  You never lose them though, the hospital will buy them back from you if you don't want to carry that many hours over.  My vacation and sick days combined give me somewhere between 6 and 8 weeks a year of paid time off.  I've rarely used any of my sick time, but I often use it for vacation time.  Also glad to hear that your brother is doing so well.  Your sis-in-law and her sis are going to ahve a great vacation!  Have fun  with Ryan.  My grandsons are coming to visit for a while this afternoon.

I may not check in again until after work on Monday.  Kind of depends on what we do with our guests.  Hope everyone has a great weekend.

That surely is a generous plan :clap  They're hard to find these days :yes  Enjoy your company :yay

Hi, ladies!

Read through all the posts but am watching the time on the banana nut bread so will be quick!

Enjoy the day, whatever your plans are, and I hope it's a smooth one!!

BBL!

Hi House!  Sorry I haven't kept up too well lately - every once in a while, it's a battle to keep from "losing it" because of family stuff.  And I wouldn't be very good company on those days. :ohdear  :)   Luke was here last night and now they're off to a birthday party for his friend, Tatum.  It's his first time to go to Chuck E. Cheese. :lol

Michelle ~ It sounds like your dr. has no idea  how much you do! :manyheart   Luke (willl be 3 on March 30th) wears me out when he's just here for a day or two. :lol  

Sherry ~ This coming week will sure be a busy one for you!  I hope you can have a little "me" time before your surgery. :)

Cindy ~ Enjoy the weekend with family!

Valerie ~ Yay for finishing another WIP! :cheer   You are definitely on a roll with your projects!  :clap

Linda ~ Wow!  Great progress on John's afghan - or quilt? :clap  

Judy ~ Banana bread always smells so good...I think I need to make some, too. :D

Hi to the rest of the House, too! :manyheart

Better get busy.  I had ordered a toddler bed (inflatable), dinosaur sheets and comforter for Luke, since he's outgrown the pack and play.  They were supposed to be here yesterday, but just came.  So they'll be all ready next weekend when he stays with us. :)

Well, I'm down to the last few pages of Argo - hubby will read it next. He only reads non fiction when he DOES read, otherwise he's a news junkie.

The banana bread came out really good. It's nice toasted with marmalade on it. :D 

Mary, don't worry about not being good company - we all go through those down times.... :hug

Have a good night everyone! :manyheart 

Hi Ladies,

Michelle, Congrats to the grandbaby coming. Hope you feel better soon.

Mary, The baby ghan is really pretty. Love those colors together. Luke is going to love his new bed and sheets. Sorry things are going on in the family again.

Linda, Glad to hear John is home. Hope he only fell asleep walking. Nice that you could spend some time with them and Carol on your birthday.

Judy, Good news on your health. Keeping prayers going for DH. Banana bread sounds yummy.

Val, Way to go on your wip. Your getting a lot of them finished.

Joanne, Ya for some me time to get your hair and your nails done. Glad you got some Ryan time to. Hope you had a nice time at SGD's birthday tonight.

Cindy, I hate driving in the snow let alone in a storm. Glad you got home safely! I worry about my DS going back and forth to Chicago and up north to pick the kids up and take them home. He did say they take very good care of the roads in Chicago. They use so much salt they it's like it has only rained out. Makes me feel much better. There side streets don't get touched until all the main streets are cleaned. A lot of Chicago people have to park on the streets so parking can be a problem with the snow.

Have a fun time with your family.

A dinner was a success. We worked right up until time to cook except for going home to change so we could get are pics taken. We had two people out sick and what a difference that makes. We served 114 people for dinner. Only 18 stayed for the dance and it was over before 9:00. Us cooks were to tired to be out partying. Yesterday I was out of mission. I was so sore, I felt like I was ran over by a mac truck. I did go up for ladies night last night and one of the other cooks comes to it and she said the same thing and she was 10,000 steps every day. She said she thinks it's because we do so much standing in one place. Oh well it's only once a year we work that hard.

I skyped with Payton and Jocelyn tonight. They went out on the lake and went ice skating. I went shopping today. We needed a few things and I wanted a plastic bin to put the bathroom drawer stuff in. It looks so much better. I got my hair cut today. I went to Great Clips. It was a man who cut and he did a really good job on it. I told him it's the best hair cut I've had in a long time. I told him what I didn't like about my hair and what I wanted and he did it. I believe he's the manager to as the owner of the salon called for him and they were meeting this afternoon.

We had a simple dinner tonight. The card ladies (they make and sell cards for relay for life) had a hot dog, chips, beverage and a klondike bar for 3.50. Tomorrow were cooking dinner for the cooks. I think there was some steak and shrimp left from Valentine's day.

Hope everyone enjoys your sunday!

Good morning!

Had a wonderful day yesterday starting off with watching Ryan so DD could get her pedicure. We had so much fun! Then when she got back, I went to get my manicure- and since DD told them I'd be there, I was taken right away. After that, I ran a few errands and came home, did some laundry and crocheted for a bit. I'm up to the border (finally) on the baby blanket. We had a nice time at the party!

Marlene- Wow- you keep so busy while you are in TX--and I can only imagine how tired you must be after working that hard. Hope you get a little 'down' time to relax. Any word on whether you will get to continue PT?

Judy- Oh, that banana bread sounds delicious!!! 

Mary- I can't believe that Luke is almost 3!!! Wow- I remember when you posted about his birth! Doesn't the time just fly by?

Where did you order the inflatable toddler bed from? Not that I need something like that now- but.....would be a good idea to get one to keep here.

Val- Yay for finishing the WIP!!! I'll be glad when this baby blanket is done! Time to work on something else- like knitting! And I want to make something for my middle DD (probably a shawl) for her upcoming birthday in March

My middle DD and BF headed to Boston yesterday- she is going to be displaying some of her printmaking art at a gallery there. She's very excited!!  They are planning to head home Monday and she was looking forward to seeing my oldest.

I think I'll do a little cleaning now that didn't get done yesterday so the rest of the day can be spent relaxing.

Hugs to EVERYONE!!!

Hi, all!  :)   Sorry to be MIA yesterday.  I never did turn on the computer.  Went over to Rosie and John's house and spent most of the afternoon and evening there.  (Michelle, Rosie and John were my next door neighbor's for 5 years and are super good friends.  Rosie taught me to quilt.)  After I had the first two rows of his quilt all put together and ironed I discovered a mistake in one of the blocks, so while at their house yesterday a took that block partially apart and fixed the error and reassembled it.  I could have left it, but it would have bugged me.  Rosie and Carole didn't spot it, but John did.

I also worked on a preemie afghan and a helmet liner yesterday.  AND patched a pair of my jeans.  Finally!  :lol   They've only been waiting for the patch for about a year.  :lol   :lol   :lol 

Michelle ~ Be a little careful on how much you up the exercise all at once.  That steroid shot can give you a deceptive amount of energy, that you may need to fight the infection.

Joanne ~ It's wonderful that your brother is doing so well now!  :clap   :clap   :clap   And how nice of him to give his sister-in-law and her sister a trip to Ireland to visit their brother.  I'm sure they'll have a great time.  Hooray for DD and her exhibit!  :clap   :clap   :clap 

Cindy ~ Have fun with the kids.  :hug 

Marisa ~ Hi! 

Judy ~ Hi!  Your banana bread sounds just yummy!

Mary ~ Hugs!  :hug   Family drama is the pits!  :hug   I'll bet Luke enjoyed the evening at Chuck E. Cheese and I am sure he will like his new bed at Grandma's house.  :c9 

Marlene ~ WOW!!! 114 dinners in one night!!! No wonder you were so tired on Friday.  And minus 2 cooks, too!!!  Take care of yourself.  :hug 

I'll be going back to Rosie and John's today, so may not make it back on until tomorrow.  Have a wonderful day.  :ghug 

'Morning, everyone.  A big Thank You for more sweet comments about my baby afghan! :manyheart

Judy ~ I can't remember if you've seen the movie or are waiting until you've both read the book?  We'd love reviews! :)

Marlene ~ 114 for dinner!!  You guys sure picked a wonderful place to stay while at the coast. :yes   I'm glad you like your haircut!

Joanne ~ Your Saturday sounds busy, but fun!  This is the bed I ordered. The Amazon reviews were great and at least one friend of DD's has it and love it! 

Linda ~ I'm so glad you're able to spend time with Rosie and John again. :)  Sorry about the quilt block, but it's good you found the mistake now.  Enjoy your day!

We're going to do some things around here and then go by to see the kids after Luke's naptime this afternoon.  Have a wonderful day, friends. :ghug

Thanks for the link to the toddler bed, Mary- that seems perfect. Saved it on my wish list in Amazon so I can find it easily when I'm ready to order one.

I finished the blanket for my 2nd grandson! Phew! Glad it's done!  Not the best pic but here it is. post-27163-0-58067400-1361124144_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone. Linda, since John spotted your mistake, I guess his mind is as sharp as ever! That's impressive, considering what he has been through.

Joanne that afghan is so pretty.

Mary, that toddler bed s pretty neat. I've never seen one like that before.

Archived