Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi, ya peeps!

Joanne, love the blankie! Where did you get the pattern? I love the shells and th ecolors you picked. :clap

Marlene, take it easy sometimes!!!! :lol  :hug  Yay for the good haircut too!

Mary, we saw Argo already - and since hubby decided he wasn't in the mood to read I gave him the lowdown on where the movie and the book differed.  The book was good - they did go into the early history of the Shah and all that, which I skimmed a bit, but I found the rest of it pretty interesting. You'd have to be  a fan of intrigue to like the book,but I'm glad I read it. The movie was definitely a huge adrenalin rush!

Linda, that's funny about John spotting the mistake! :lol  :lol 

Have a good night everyone!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Judy- The pattern is called "Ocean Waves Baby Afghan" and I got it on the Lion Brand site.

Thanks for the compliments on the blanket. I started another blanket for GS #2 today--LOL I gave Ryan two blankies when he was born so it's only fair that Robbie will get two as well. I'm doing a regular ripple and using Vanna's Baby- Little Boy Blue, Sweet Pea, Goldfish and Duckie.

It's been a VERY relaxing day- crocheting and drinking coffee with music on. It so cold out that it was the perfect day to stay inside and have a pajama day!!!!

Have a good night everyone!!!!

Joanne - we are not allowed FMLA at the church.  And I don't have AFLAC as no one else wanted it and they wouldn't write it for one person.  Only if I were hurt on the job would I be allowed to be paid workers comp and since it's a very old injury, that doesn't apply.  And I can only carry up to 6 days of sick leave but since I have to go every 3 or 4 months to the dr I use that up.  Maybe this will change as we have some new people in charge.  Won't know until after my surgery if they change the policy so I'm stuck using my vacation.  So I get to vacation at home and crochet when I'm not working.  I have the RR afghan for DD that I need to finish--but I need to find some white ILTY--there hasn't been any white the last 2 times we've been to HL.  I have to make a trip this week and I hope they have some.  I also have a RR for ME and I hope to get some time working on it as well. 

Mary - hope things are going ok with you.  I know it's frustrating to deal with all that you've got going on.

Marisa - hope you had a good weekend! 

Read the rest of the posts but can't remember all of them--know that you are thought of and hugs are sent your way!!

We had both GS and a special little man--my DD's best friends' son--he's 14 months old and a cutie.  They all spent the night.  Went well until it was time to put on the pjs--little one threw a fit and screamed for 10 minutes.  Other than that, we had a great time playing with him. 

Got some crocheting done on the other turtle.  I just have the legs, arms and tail to do and sew them on and he'll be ready for his new home!  Will post a pic once I get him all done.

Well, It's time to go back and work on the turtle!!  Everyone have a great evening!

Hi Ladies,

Joanne, The baby ghan is very pretty. I like the colors and the pattern. Good luck to DD with her art at the museum. The baby ghan colors sound lovely together. A nice relaxing day before you busy work week. Just what you needed.

Mary, That's a cute little bed.

Sherry, You'll probably have your turtle done tonight. The little ones usually do good until bed time. That happened to us when are DGS Zach was 2. Only it wasn't for 10 minutes.

Linda, Glad you got to spend time at John and Rosie's. Funny he found a mistake. Good sign he must be feeling a lot better.

Hi to the rest of the house!

I went up to the club house and us cooks had left overs from Valentine's dinner plus some. We fixed some shrimp, fish, steak, fried rice with some broccoli and celery and not sure what else (I don't like rice, but I tried this and it was really good), fried potatoes, salad, and strawberry shortcake. Hubby has a cold so he stayed home and I bought him home a plate.

Not much else going on. Hope everyone has a great monday!

Finally back home.  Spent most of the day over with Rosie and John.  She is doing a good job with him, but she is sooo scared that she won't be able to do everything for him that needs to be done.  It didn't help that when he got up to the bathroom before taking his shower that he misjudged how low the toilet seat was and ended up falling backward against the tank of it and broke the tank.  Water, water, everywhere.  He got a slight scrape on his back and a bruise.  That totally shook her confidence in herself.  He is definitely doing better at home than when he was in the hospital.  This is just so NOT up her alley.  She was almost in tears, fearing she couldn't properly care for him.  He is SUCH a basket case in the hospital, that he's still better off there.  I have a feeling that I'm going to be spending a lot of time over there for the next couple of weeks.  At least until he's somewhat more able to get around  safely on his own. 

Thanks for the link to the toddler bed, Mary- that seems perfect. Saved it on my wish list in Amazon so I can find it easily when I'm ready to order one.

I finished the blanket for my 2nd grandson! Phew! Glad it's done!  Not the best pic but here it is. attachicon.gifIMG_6511.JPG

That's a lovely blanket, Joanne.  :clap   :clap   :clap 

Mary ~ That's a very nice looking blow-up bed to have on hand.  Way to go lady!  :clap   :clap   :clap 

Thinking of all of you.  Will be here when I can.  :ghug 

Good Morning! :waving  I hope everyone had a good weekend. :)

Marlene ~ I hope your DH's cold isn't too bad. :hug   Valentine leftovers sound really good!  Have you heard anything about the PT?

Linda ~ I know  Rosie and John will welcome your help!  Does he have others (PTS, nurse) coming in for a while?  Take care of you and don't do too much heavy stuff. :manyheart

Sherry ~ You had a housefull over the weekend!  I hope your HL gets in the yarn you need very soon.  Looking forward to seeing the next turtle! :yes

Judy ~ My sister just saw Argo and loved it - she had read the book, too.  Are you working on anything right now?

Hi to all of my friends at Our House! ♥♥♥

I need to go to the grocery store - see you all later!

Good morning!  :)   They replaced my back door and frame this morning.  It's needed doing for a long time.  They are doing it on all the apartments as an upgrade.  It looks nice and really didn't take long at all.  The guys doing it really know their stuff.  Sweet Pea had a ball running around and in and out while they were working on it.  Now she's barking like mad as she hears them working on the one next door, but can't see what's going on.  :lol   Silly puppy.  :lol 

Hope you all have a great day!  :manyheart 

Good morning ladies :hi

Well, when I got home on Saturday there wasn't much left to clean.  I didn't realize Bean's been doing bits during the week since he's laid off right now.  So I did the mud room and all it's furniture, which wasn't much and then my bathroom since they were still undecided if it was getting painted and it needed done anyways. 

Yesterday we woke up to some snow to greet them before leaving for Mexico :lol  I was up at 4:30, never took a nap, and wasn't even tired last night :think  I really feel like I haven't been sleeping much lately, but oddly enough am not feeling tired either :shrug  We left the house just after 5 and the trip to the airport was a little longer than usually since the roads really weren't that great.  So then I went to WalMart and picked up a few things....although the airport isn't far, there's a lot of shopping out that way that I don't usually go to just because it's a pain to go there so I figured since I was over there anyways.  It was so early that nothing was really open yet and since it was Sunday, no sense hanging around waiting for HL to open :eek  I had breakfast at the Cracker Barrel and headed back home.  Got myself showered and such and then ran to Sam's Club and Target, my sister wanted me to pick up some snacks for the painters :yes

Crochet/Knit group for Knit the Bridge was 12-4, but I thought it was 11 and got there around 11:30-11:45 and we never left until 5!  It was just 4 of us so it was an enjoyable get together.  Came home and made some dinner then lounged out and watched tv, played a game, and crocheted some more.  All in all, it was a good day.

Today I got up early, the painters were coming at 8 so I didn't go to the gym today because I wanted to be there when they got there for the first day, but since he's a family friend we're fine with him there and Steph gave him a separate password for the alarm system, so I went over that with them too.  I stayed a bit and chatted, longer than I would have but I wanted to see their kitchen color :yes  But then I left, I didn't want to be in their way and the guy that works with him was quite chatty, which isn't bad but I also noticed that he wasn't very good at talking and working at the same time so I felt that if I stayed much longer I'd probably stall them a bit.

So now here I am.  I had a patient scheduled for later, but she called to reschedule.  I think I'll run up to JoAnn's in a bit.  I was going to crochet some drawstring bags, but think I'll do fabric.  The neighbors pregnant and I'm going to make her that gift of diaper changes that (I think Cindy) shared from pintrest a little while ago :yes  I want to pick fabrics that will be good, but also can work for the child as he gets older to maybe tote around some little toys with them so I think I'll stay away from baby fabrics :think

Judy - Mmmm, I love banana nut bread :drool

Mary - Feel free to vent anytime here :hug

Marlene - Glad to hear you got a good haircut, they're hard to come by :yes  I hope dh is feeling better.

Joanne - :yay for Ryan time AND a manicure!  Gorgeous ghan :manyheart

Linda - Oh boy, John must have fallen back pretty hard to break the toilet tank :think  I hope he didn't hurt himself.  You are an amazing friend and great support system for Rosie  :hug

Sherry - Well, look on the bright side here....at least you do have some vacation to use so you'll have at least some income during your time out before you end up off without pay :think  WTG on your turtle.  Let me know if you don't find the white at HL when you go this week, I can check at mine next time I'm there.

Hi, ya peeps!

Judy- The pattern is called "Ocean Waves Baby Afghan" and I got it on the Lion Brand site.Thanks! I saved it - looks like a great Go-To pattern!

Thanks for the compliments on the blanket. I started another blanket for GS #2 today--LOL I gave Ryan two blankies when he was born so it's only fair that Robbie will get two as well. I'm doing a regular ripple and using Vanna's Baby- Little Boy Blue, Sweet Pea, Goldfish and Duckie.

It's been a VERY relaxing day- crocheting and drinking coffee with music on. It so cold out that it was the perfect day to stay inside and have a pajama day!!!!

Have a good night everyone!!!!

The Vanna colors sound so nice!

Judy ~ My sister just saw Argo and loved it - she had read the book, too.  Are you working on anything right now?

Hi to all of my friends at Our House! ♥♥♥

I need to go to the grocery store - see you all later!

It was definitely worth seeing!

I just did my Monday cleaning upstairs, finished a load of laundry, and began collating our tax records so we can schedule a time for the accountant to come over.

THEN....I pulled out the bag with the Russian doll stuff! I really want to work on finishing that this week.

Good morning!  :)   They replaced my back door and frame this morning.  It's needed doing for a long time.  They are doing it on all the apartments as an upgrade.  It looks nice and really didn't take long at all.  The guys doing it really know their stuff.  Sweet Pea had a ball running around and in and out while they were working on it.  Now she's barking like mad as she hears them working on the one next door, but can't see what's going on.  :lol   Silly puppy.  :lol 

Hope you all have a great day!  :manyheart 

Sounds like my Lucy - a real yapper at noises - esp frustrating for her when she can't see what's making the noise!

Crochet/Knit group for Knit the Bridge was 12-4, but I thought it was 11 and got there around 11:30-11:45 and we never left until 5!  It was just 4 of us so it was an enjoyable get together.  Came home and made some dinner then lounged out and watched tv, played a game, and crocheted some more.  All in all, it was a good day.Sounds liek a really nice mental health day!

Today I got up early, the painters were coming at 8 so I didn't go to the gym today because I wanted to be there when they got there for the first day, but since he's a family friend we're fine with him there and Steph gave him a separate password for the alarm system, so I went over that with them too.  I stayed a bit and chatted, longer than I would have but I wanted to see their kitchen color :yes  But then I left, I didn't want to be in their way and the guy that works with him was quite chatty, which isn't bad but I also noticed that he wasn't very good at talking and working at the same time so I felt that if I stayed much longer I'd probably stall them a bit.We had a chatty plumber like that!

So now here I am.  I had a patient scheduled for later, but she called to reschedule.  I think I'll run up to JoAnn's in a bit.  I was going to crochet some drawstring bags, but think I'll do fabric.  The neighbors pregnant and I'm going to make her that gift of diaper changes that (I think Cindy) shared from pintrest a little while ago :yes  I want to pick fabrics that will be good, but also can work for the child as he gets older to maybe tote around some little toys with them so I think I'll stay away from baby fabrics :think

Sounds like a fun project!

Judy - Mmmm, I love banana nut bread :drool

It is yummy

Enjoy your alone time at home!

Linda, it's a good thing you're there for Rosie and John! Yikes!!!!!!

Have a good day, my friends.

Good afternoon Housemates!

Whew!  There are sooo many posts!  I haven't been on since Thursday/Friday.  My sisters came over from Bama for the weekend.  My dad passed 2 years ago today and tomorrow would have been his 74th birthday.  My DGN (9 yrs old) wanted to celebrate his birthday so of course we accomodate her.  She's had a hard time because he was her baby sitter when she would visit Alabama.  We had a cake, bbq sandwiches, grilled hambugers & sausage, baked beans, and homemade nacho belle grande.  A little something for everybody.  They left yesterday evening around 4 pm.  I cut on the computer but had problems with the internet.

Joanne - I love the afghan.  Great job!  I saw a picture of you DD's work on FB; happy for her.

Linda - Sorry about having to take the quilt apart.  Hope John's healing doesn't take too long.  Praying for you, Rosie and John.  You are a great friend.

Mary - Love the bed.  Praying for you and the family situation.

Judy - That banana nut bread sounds delicious. 

Cindy - I hope you're enjoying your family.

Michelle - take your time.  I've increased my water and I plan to start walking sometime this week.

Marlene - 114 dinners? :eek   Be sure to take some "ME" time to rest.

Marisa - Your Sunday sounds like Heaven.  Is your HL opened on Sunday's?  They don't open here on Sunday.

Sherry - Praying for you!

Tam - Hope all is well.  How is Ken?

Off to see what I want to hook today.  Have a good day all!

BBL!

Hi Valerie ~ I was thinking about you and was wondering if you had company or had gone to Alabama!  I'm glad you had a good time with your family - it's so nice that you all celebrate important days together. :manyheart   Let us know what you'll be working on next. :yes

Judy ~ Can't wait to see the Russian dolls!

Marisa ~ Enjoy some "you" time while Steph and Bean are gone. :)   I was sorry to read that he got laid off. 

I've recorded Season 3 of Downton Abbey - I treat myself in the afternoon sometimes with crocheting and watching the last episode. Today was the finale and what an ending!!  Another Surreybelle scarf is on my hook.

Hello everyone. Work today. It was super busy but a good day. I'm not felling the best, but not really anything I can complain about. Mostly just a headache and fatigue.

My poor niece got a terrible cod while they were here and spent all of Sunday in bed. She has poor kidney function and is on steroids so when she gets sick, she's down. She was hoping to go to a nearby factory outlet mall on the way home, but I'm not sure if she felt up to it. Dh says she said she felt somewhat better this morning. ( I didn't see her today). We did have a nice time with them.

Linda, I feel for Rosie, it's hard to take care of someone that's been so sick in the hospital. You are a good friend to them. Just don't overdo. Hopefully Rosie has some help coming in.

Marisa, your Sunday sounds nice. How long are Steph and Bean gone for?

Val, how sweet of your nice to want to celebrate Grandpas birthday.

Marlene, your meal sounds good. It was sweet of you to bring your dh a plate.

Hi to everyone else, I need to go attend to dinner

Ran to the power company and paid the electric bill, then on to Walmart and picked up dog food, some OTC meds, and food.  Now back home.  I set it up with Rosie that I'd go over in the afternoon/evenings on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday.  If she runs into problems, I'll go over other times, but that gives me some time for me, too.  And she can plan on when to make grocery runs and trips to other places too.  The nurse was there this morning and OT and PT were both coming this afternoon.

Good evening,

Linda- What a great friend  you are- I'm sure Rosie really appreciates the help you are giving her and I'm glad to hear that there was a nurse and that OT/PT are also coming! Just remember- take care of you----

Cindy- I was busy at work- but it was a good busy- because I had only 1 meeting that was quick and actually got to accomplish some of the things I wanted to! And I left on time- which is a bonus!!! Too bad the library is closed today so there is no craft club. I would have had no problem attending it tonight!

Val- Glad you had a nice weekend- and that is sweet of your GN to want to celebrate. And that you all accomodate that!!! Didyou decide what you wanted to work on?

Mary- I've been wanting to see Downton Abbey- I hear it's fantastic. I will probably end up buying the series on DVD- or watch it on Netflix. I always forget to check the listings to set up my DVR and now you say Season 3 is over? I've got a lot of catching up to do! LOL

Marisa- So, inquiring minds want to know---what color ARE they having the kitchen painted? LOL Hope you had a good day and got the fabric you wanted at JoAnn's 

Sherry- That is pretty lousy that the church can't get FMLA- but it is what it is, and at least you have your vacation time. Let me know what color of ILTY you need from HL. I think that there selection has been kind of skanty the last couple times I was there. It's right by my job, so I could stop and look for you.

Tam- Thinking of you- and Ken!

Marlene- Wow- that's what I call left-overs!!! Hope DH is starting to feel better adn that you've heard back from your doc about your PT

Judy- Did you get any crocheting done on the Russian dolls? I'm going to work on the ripple tonight. I should have it done within a week if I work on it each night.

Off to get dinner- which will only require heating up- DH brought home some sausage &peppers from the Italian Deli!!! YUM

Hi, ladies!

Mary and everyone....It turns out it was a good thing I stopped on the Russian doll when I did - I realized today I was doing something wrong! The body is done now, stuffed and everything....all I need to do embroider the face, do the hair and also embroider the various do-dads that decorate the doll...knowing me I just might drag my feet on this part....LOL!

Hi, Val!!

Linda, it's good that you set up a schedule with Rosie -- you need some time for yourself!

Cindy - rest up when you can...this is the time of year when germs seem to spread like wildfire.

Have a good night everyone.

Evening everybody!

Linda - glad you made a schedule and are allowing time for yourself. 

Joanne - I didn't hook.  My GN was out of school today and she wanted me to watch movies.  I laid on the couch as we watched them because my right leg is swollen again.  I want to do something new new but I'm going to stay on the wips.  I might decide to throw something small and quick in between so I won't get bored.

Judy - WTG on your Russian doll.

Mary - What is Downtown Abbey...comical sitcom or action mytery type show?

Cindy - I hope your DN is doing better.  Have a good evening!

Have a good night all.

Hi Ladies,

Mary, I got a call this morning for pt. I start back up wednesday morning.

Val, How nice of you and your family to celebrate your Dad. My Dad would of been 80 in september. I have already talked to my sister about all of us getting together and celebrate his birthday. We would if he was still with us so I see no reason not to. It's really nice that your GN was the one who wanted to get it going. Hope your leg is better tonight.

Cindy, I hope you and your niece are feeling better.

Joanne, Glad you had a nice easy day at work. To bad the library was closed today and you couldn't have craft club tonight.

Linda, Glad you gave yourself a schedule to help Rosie. Glad they have others coming in to. Hope John isn't to banged up today from his fall. You might talk to Rosie and suggest a walker until he is stronger. Maybe they already have one. Something else that would help him is a toilet riser. You probably know the right name for it. How do they handle bath or showers? They have a stool that will sit in the tub he could sit on while trying to get a shower. They could change the shower head to a hose and she could spray him off. You can get a cheap one for 15.00. If you have any veterans clubs around they may be to help them out. They let you borrow things. Also a senior center may have items to borrow. They could also call social services and they could lead them in the right direction. Since his condition is temporary there is no reason for them to buy things they don't need to.

Marisa, Enjoy having the house to yourself minus the painters. Your little bags are going to be so cute. And to think ahead that the little guy would use them to carry things around in is a good idea. Even as old as 7 or 8 or older I remember my brothers having a bag to carry there marbles in. I know Maya and Jocelyn love little things to put things in. Especially Maya.

Your craft time sounds like a fun time.

Judy, Can't wait to see your doll.

I started a ruffle scarf for the girls today. It's two shades of pink and white. It's really pretty. The one I started for DD I iron it then rolled on a paper towel roll. I seen that as a tip on you tube. I hadn't done that with the pink so I stopped as I want to press it. It just looks much nicer pressed and you don't have to keep pulling the yarn down.  I talked to Maya just for a minute tonight she was getting ready to eat. DD is calling me back after she puts Maya to bed. I need to help her do an amended form for her taxes.

Hope everyone has a great tuesday!

Good morning Housemates!

I've dropped everyone off and I'm free until about 2ish.  I'm having a cup of coffee and then I think I might lay down for a couple of hours.  It's raining here and I had a rough night sleeping.  I don't want to lay down...so much to do but I'm sooo sleepy and if I don't do it now my whole afternoon will be shot.

Marlene - I think you should celebrate your dad!  We did my mom in October.  My GN didn't know her but the more we talk about her and the fact that she has my mom's middle name as her middle name, she is soo in love with my mom.  She also told my stepmom that she needs to get her new PawPaw.  I'm glad you're going to continue PT.  Your scarves sound pretty.  We need pictures.  Have a great day!

Cindy, Joanne, Judy, Linda, Marisa, Sherry, Tam, Michelle, Mary and everyone have a great day!!!

BBL!

Happy Tuesday, all!

Valerie ~ Oh, I hope you can get some rest today. :manyheart   Downton Abbey is a PBS series that is set in England in the early 1900's.  The scenery, characters and storylines are wonderful!  We didn't have a DVR for the first two seasons, so I'm going to buy those. :lol

Judy ~ Good catch with the Russian doll - it sounds like you're home free now!

Linda ~ I'm glad you've got a schedule with Rosie and John...we sure don't want you overdoing it. :hug   How are DD and GS doing? :)

Marlene ~ The girls will love their scarves! Great news about PT...I know it was really helping and am so happy you can keep going now. :yes

Cindy ~ I hope your DN recovers quickly and I hope you aren't coming down with something - take care! :manyheart

Joanne ~ So sorry you couldn't go to Craft Club, but yay for getting home at a reasonable time. :)   I love making ripples!  Are you using the Attic 24 pattern or a more traditional pattern?

I'm going to run several errands this morning and then do some planning for this weekend.  Luke will be here from Friday a.m. until Sunday mid-day. :)

Hi to anyone I've missed, too! :manyheart

Good morning all.  I slept really late today.  Probably in part because I watched 'The Green Mile' last night and it didn't get done until 12:30 am:P  I'll be going over to Rosie and John's soon, but only for 2-4 hours.  The rest of the day is mine.  I read all the posts, but didn't take notes.  :P   As Val said, it's overcast and rainy here today.  Since the accident I really don't like driving in the rain, so I'm glad it's a short time with Rosie and John. 

Marlene ~ I'm so glad that they renewed the PT.  I know it's been helping.

Val ~ Do take care of that leg. 

Judy ~ Can't wait to see the Russian doll.  Where did you find the pattern?

DD and GS are doing well.  It was so nice to talk to them on my birthday.  They were both bubbling.  :c9 

Marisa ~ Yes, enquiring minds want to know, what color is the kitchen?  :lol 

Tammy ~ Thinking of you, Ken, and the boys.  Hope things are going well, or at least as well as can be expected with Ken in the hospital.  :hug   :hug   :hug 

Hope you all have a great day.  :ghug 

Hey ya'll!!

Sorry been out! .... :whew  so busy!!

Saturday night was a success!! My mandarin orange cake went auctioned for 85$, my wreath for 55$. DH got Cattleman of the Year and I was nominated and accepted for President of the Cattlewomen for our county!! Boy, I Will be really busy!! But it was fun and the steak supper was fabulous!!

My mojo is back on low ebb today,,, and my sold is not wanting to go so I feel some what yucko today but fighting it! Was going to do some visiting with some who are sick in my church today, but decided not today. I've got venison and gravy cooking in electric skillet and after I get back from picking up DD this evening will cook some rice and biscuits for supper. I know..not diet food but I have blown it all week, so not like I;m gonna lose by tomorrow's First Place meeting. I have kept up the walking though and I try to continue. But tonite I am intending come what may, to get back to work on the crocheted quilt! My  DIL asked me if I would make her some of those adorable crocheted caps for newborns that they are using in photo props. you know the ones like owls and such, so I need to go online and try to find some patterns so I can at least get 1 made before Hunter is here! Her church where she grew up gave her a shower yesterday! It was reallly nice and she got lots of nice things. My church

is giving them one the 3rd of March since that is where my DS grew up and hopefully they will get the rest of what they need!

Joanne -- that sure was a pretty Ocean Waves Baby Blanket!! Love the colors!!

Linda-- so now I know who John is !! :) And such a wonderful caring person you truly are!! We need more like you in this world for sure!! Like everyone else said just remember to take care of yourself too!!

Valerie-- how nice to have a memory time with your family!! What part of Alabama was/is home to you?

WEll,,just had a quick pop- in to try and catch up.. I did read all the posts but forgot who what when where! :huh 

But Happy Tuesday to everyone and if I'm gonna get a walk in today, I guess I better go!!

Check in!

I didn't get to sleep but about an hour.  I couldn't sleep once I laid down which I didn't do right away.  Once I fell asleep, it was time to pick up my niece.  I did crochet a few squares before I laid down.

Michelle - WTG!  I'm glad you had a great time at the auction.  Always remember the "WATER" whether you eat right or not.  It really does make a difference.    You can find those hats on www.repeatcrafterme.com

Linda - the day turned out to be beautiful but windy.  At least, you won't have to drive home in the rain.  Be careful.

Mary - I know you must be excited about this weekend.  I'm surprised that Luke will leave Zach.  Hope you get some hooking time in.

hi all,

I had a good day at work- and about an hour commute home! That's because everyone was back at work AND it was raining. It always takes longer when it's raining out. But at least it wasn't ice or snow!!

Mary- I'm using a ripple pattern that I got here: http://staceydaze.blogspot.com/2011/11/my-ripple-pattern.html

It's going very quickly--much quicker than the Ocean Waves blanket so it should be done in time. I'll work on it some more tonight!

Val- Glad you at least got in a little nap. My DH couldn't sleep last night and only caught a few zz's. I expect he'll be asleep by 7! LOL

Linda- Hope you didn't overdue- and that you don't feel compelled to stay longer! 

Michele- Your dinner sounds great- and I hope you got your walk in. I agree with Val- drink lots of water- it's key!

Judy, Cindy, Tam, Marlene, Marisa- Hope you had a good Tuesday.

Have a good night!

Hi Ladies. :)

Michelle ~ Congratulations on your new title! :clap   How long is your term?  The baby owl and animal hats are so cute!  Remember - we love pictures! :D   Don't worry about keeping up with every post...we're happy to see you here again. :yes

Linda ~ It is hard to miss the ending of a good movie!  I'm glad you were able to sleep in this morning. :)

Joanne ~ Love the ripple patterns with the stitches in the back loop only!  Rush hour and rain is no fun.

Valerie ~ Luke loves Zach, but I know he'll be excited to come to "Ammy's" house. ;)  And DD and her DH definitely need a break about now. :lol

Time to work on dinner.  DH is grilling pork chops and I'm fixing a rice pilaf and asparagus - super easy meal! :clap

Have a good evening, everyone. :manyheart

Linda, this is the link for the Babushkas....I saw the dolls on Attic24, Lucy had made all of them. The book also has other cute patterns.

http://www.amazon.com/Cute-Easy-Crochet-Adorable-Projects/dp/1907563202

Sorry I can't respond individually again....I hope to find more time to do that soon.

Hugs and a good night to all my friends :manyheart  :hug  :manyheart

Archived