Our House Part Two

JulieKay

I'm back home.  And that's with a stop off at Goodwill on the way home.  Seniors get 25% off on Tuesdays.  I got two fleece blankets that will become the padding for John's quilt, two sweat shirts, and a diet/exercise book.  Maybe it will help me get toned and lose some more.  We'll see on that one.  John is doing so much better than he was a week ago, that it's amazing.

Thanks for the info on the Russian dolls, Judy.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Check in!

I didn't get to sleep but about an hour.  I couldn't sleep once I laid down which I didn't do right away.  Once I fell asleep, it was time to pick up my niece.  I did crochet a few squares before I laid down.

Michelle - WTG!  I'm glad you had a great time at the auction.  Always remember the "WATER" whether you eat right or not.  It really does make a difference.    You can find those hats on www.repeatcrafterme.com

Thank you! Yes  I hear you and Joanne on the water!! I'm learning the hard way!! And Thank you for the link!! Cute site and I bookmarked it for sure!! :)

Linda - the day turned out to be beautiful but windy.  At least, you won't have to drive home in the rain.  Be careful.

Mary - I know you must be excited about this weekend.  I'm surprised that Luke will leave Zach.  Hope you get some hooking time in.

Hi Ladies. :)

Michelle ~ Congratulations on your new title! :clap   How long is your term?  The baby owl and animal hats are so cute!  Remember - we love pictures! :D   Don't worry about keeping up with every post...we're happy to see you here again. :yes

Thank you!! It will be until at least next year and then who knows? I do have some ideas I want to implement, but we shall see!! And I am VERY HAPPY to be here again!!! :yes

Linda ~ It is hard to miss the ending of a good movie!  I'm glad you were able to sleep in this morning. :)

Joanne ~ Love the ripple patterns with the stitches in the back loop only!  Rush hour and rain is no fun.

Valerie ~ Luke loves Zach, but I know he'll be excited to come to "Ammy's" house. ;)  And DD and her DH definitely need a break about now. :lol

Time to work on dinner.  DH is grilling pork chops and I'm fixing a rice pilaf and asparagus - super easy meal! :clap

Have a good evening, everyone. :manyheart

Well I did not get to go for my walk! I just barely made it through the day. I am not sleeping well at night either. Dang hot flashes I guess! But I aim to start back tomorrow! And I have eaten enough to kill a horse this week (blaming it on the steroid shot) so I am sure I will have gained when we weigh in tomorrow.. but I shall not give up!! Hope everyone is having a nice night, as for me I am fixing to go to bed!! Nighty nite!!

Last check in for tonight!

Joanne - I guess we sent the rain north.  I got up to rain this morning but it was gone about noon.  The day turned out to be beautiful with sunshine and just a little wind.  I hope DH gets some sleep to night...I plan to.  I don't have to go out until noon :yay .  Of course, as usual, I won't be able to sleep in.  I'm sorry for your long commute but as you said...at least it wasn't ice or snow.  Have a good night.

Mary - I know you DD & SIL can't wait until they can send them both for a break :lol .  Dinner sounds delicious.

Linda - Glad John is much better.  Congrats on your new purchases.

Judy - You know you don't have to comment individual everytime.  Take care of you :hug .

Have a good night Housemates!  See ya tomorrow!!! :ghug

Hi Ladies,

Michelle, Congrats to you and DH on your new titles. It sounds like the auction was a success. The new hats are so cute.

Mary, Luke is going to be so excited when he see's his new bed.

Joanne, That ripple looks like it goes quickly. Thanks for sharing the link.

Val, Hope you get a good night sleep.

Judy, Don't worry about responding to everyone.

Linda, Glad John is getting better. We have some rain coming here tomorrow and thursday.

I talked to hubby's sister and she is going back in for surgery tomorrow morning. Please keep her in your prayers or thoughts. She is having exploratory surgery for that stint they just put in. The doctor isn't sure what is going on, but said maybe her body is rejecting it.

Laundry was the big project today. I pressed the girls sashay yarn. I seen that as a tip on you tube. I did a bunch of rows without it being pressed and I liked the press look much better. Otherwise you have to constantly pull the ruffle down. Plus I wanted to check out doing 4 stitches or 6 stitches. I'm going to do the 4 stitches.

I also pulled out Zack's afghan. I need to finish it. I really don't like it the pattern. It's boring!

Hope everyone has a great wednesday!

Hi all!  it's been a couple of busy days for me.  Had a meeting last night at work which lasted a very long time but the good news is I got a raise!!!  I'm so excited!  I hadn't gotten a raise since I've been there (be five years next month), so I'm really happy to get one.  AND I got the turtle finished tonight.  Will take pics tomorrow.

Joanne - love the blanket!! I'm sure it will be well loved.

Valerie - HL policy is that they are all closed on Sunday to give people time to worship and be with family.  I do wish sometimes they were open but it's nice to DH(he works in the warehouse) home on Sunday instead of having to work. 

Thanks for all your prayers, I'm so ready for this surgery.  I won't be here after Sunday but if I get a chance, I'll send Joanne a FB message to let her know how I'm doing and she can pass the word along. 

Well I'd better get to bed, I just noticed it after midnight!!  We're supposed to get snow or ice or sleet or rain tomorrow--hopefully it will just be rain cause that would give us the most in needed moisture!  Have a great evening all!!  Hugs to all of you!

Good morning, peeps!

You ladies are so sweet! I feel bad that I don't "talk" to everyone each time I post....that's just me :P ...

I'm back home.  And that's with a stop off at Goodwill on the way home.  Seniors get 25% off on Tuesdays.  I got two fleece blankets that will become the padding for John's quilt, two sweat shirts, and a diet/exercise book.  Maybe it will help me get toned and lose some more.  We'll see on that one.  John is doing so much better than he was a week ago, that it's amazing.

Good haul at Goodwill! And men do seem to do better at home...we women have it harder when home, I think....it seems that we always have stuff that we need to oversee.

Thanks for the info on the Russian dolls, Judy.you're welcome. :) 

Thank you!! It will be until at least next year and then who knows? I do have some ideas I want to implement, but we shall see!! And I am VERY HAPPY to be here again!!! :yes

We're happy to see YOU again!

Well I did not get to go for my walk! I just barely made it through the day. I am not sleeping well at night either. Dang hot flashes I guess! But I aim to start back tomorrow! And I have eaten enough to kill a horse this week (blaming it on the steroid shot) so I am sure I will have gained when we weigh in tomorrow.. but I shall not give up!! One step at a time...as a lifetime WW member who has to drop a few pounds again,  know it's a lifetime thing. In my case I really should stick to going to the meetings - but once a year or so I take a break...then start up again. Hope everyone is having a nice night, as for me I am fixing to go to bed!! Nighty nite!!

I tested a mermaid cocoon and hat pattern for someone on FB and it was adorable. I gave it to a bookclub member who had her first baby last October. Those themed hats are too cute!

I talked to hubby's sister and she is going back in for surgery tomorrow morning. Thinking about her right now and said a prayer...I hope the problem is easiy taken care of. Please keep her in your prayers or thoughts. She is having exploratory surgery for that stint they just put in. The doctor isn't sure what is going on, but said maybe her body is rejecting it.

Laundry was the big project today. I pressed the girls sashay yarn. I seen that as a tip on you tube. I did a bunch of rows without it being pressed and I liked the press look much better. Otherwise you have to constantly pull the ruffle down. Plus I wanted to check out doing 4 stitches or 6 stitches. I'm going to do the 4 stitches.

I also pulled out Zack's afghan. I need to finish it. I really don't like it the pattern. It's boring!I have a hard time completing boring patterns, too - esp if I'm not crazy about the yarn or the colors! What pattern are you making?

Hope everyone has a great wednesday!I'm meeting Phyllis (she hasn't been on here in a bit) at a nearby mall today so we can hopefully look at some nice bright, Spring colors. Can't wait for May, which is when we can finally plant flowers around here without fear of losing them to frost.

Have a great Wednesday, Cindy, Mary, Joanne, Val, and everyone else! BBL! :hug 

Hi all!  it's been a couple of busy days for me.  Had a meeting last night at work which lasted a very long time but the good news is I got a raise!!!  I'm so excited!  I hadn't gotten a raise since I've been there (be five years next month), so I'm really happy to get one.  AND I got the turtle finished tonight.  Will take pics tomorrow.

Congrats on the raise!!!! Looking forward to seeing the new turtle!

Thanks for all your prayers, I'm so ready for this surgery.Praying that you'll heal quickly!  I won't be here after Sunday but if I get a chance, I'll send Joanne a FB message to let her know how I'm doing and she can pass the word along. 

Well I'd better get to bed, I just noticed it after midnight!!  We're supposed to get snow or ice or sleet or rain tomorrow--hopefully it will just be rain cause that would give us the most in needed moisture!  Have a great evening all!!  Hugs to all of you!

Have a good day!

Good morning, peeps!

You ladies are so sweet! I feel bad that I don't "talk" to everyone each time I post....that's just me :P ...

Oh, gee...I guess we'll just have to ask you to move out of the House. :wink:rofl    We love you, Judy! :manyheart

Good Morning!  We're having heavy rain, so I may need to unplug my computer.

Marlene ~ Prayers said for your sister-in-law. :hug   I hope they figure out the problem soon!  I haven't worked with the Sashay yarn, but I love the look of the scarves!

Sherry ~ Congratulations on the raise! :clap  

The sky is scary looking - better make sure I'm ready in case it gets bad.

Good morning ladies :hi

I didn't take notes and picked up where I left off reading yesterday, sorry I never got to my post :(  I went during the day to get adjusted again and we had lunch and then her dh came and joined us so we sat a while reminiscing from school, it was fun remembering everyone/everything.  Today I have a networking lunch and am meeting a friend for dinner later.  The downstairs is finished up and I'm loving it, although it's still a mess because they're still working upstairs.  I'll take a pic to share once it's at least mostly back in order.  The kitchen is jalepeno, which is a deep orange and the living/dining room is mocha.  The stairwell and upstairs hallways are 2 shades back on the same color wheel from the mocha.  I can't remember what they're getting the powder room, master bath, and office in :think  I must say I'm surprised with their color choices seeing as they are both paranoid of darker colors.

Mary, no worries on Bean being laid off.  He's an electrician and is in the union so he gets laid off every time a job ends and will get a call for the next job when he comes up in the rotation :yes   It's a regular cycle for him.

I'll pop back in later and I hope you're all having a wonderful hump day :hug

Good morning all. 

Sherry, congratulations on the raise!  :clap   That's fantastic!  :clap   And about time, too.

I'm planning a quiet time today.  Hopefully with a lot of quilting and crochet time.

Happy hump day to those of you who work.  Hava a great day everyone!  :ghug 

Good morning. Still dealing with a cold here. It's not that bad, really, just tired of the constant sinus headache, drippy nose and feeling so tired. Although....I must not be as tired as I feel, because I woke up at 4 AM. I plan to do laundry and grocery shop today.

We had ice and lots of snow, Monday night and all day Tuesday, and it is snowing again. I am so ready for spring.

I knit a cute pair of tiny baby shoes this weekend and sewed them up this morning. I suspect that they are too small for even a newborn though. I'll try them out on a newborn when DD delivers. Every time the phone rings, I wonder if baby has made an appearance!

I am caught up on posts, but my brain is a little foggy. If I miss you, it's not intentional.

Marlene, hope all goes well for your siste in law.. I've never heard of anyone rejecting a stent, and I hope it is something else. I wonder what options there are if that is the case?

I have a skein of Sashay yarn here, and had never heard of the tip to press it. I'm not a huge fan of my iron...but maybe I'll give it a try.

Glad the PT starts again.

Sherry congrats on the raise. Hope surgery goes well.

Judy, I looked at that book you linked to, and it is full of cute projects. A lot of them look like something that Lucy of Attic 24 would make. Those Russian dolls are adorable. What are you going to do with yours? Display them? Enjoy your time with Phyllis.

Michelle congratulations on your new title. Also to your DH. Glad the auction was a success. You sure did your part with the cake and the wreath.

Linda, isn't it remarkable how far John has come, considering how very sick he was? Sounds like you got some great Goodwill finds. The Goodwill near here is very hit or miss for me, but dd finds a lot of great buys at the one near her house.

Val, hope you get some rest. Are you still working on WIPs?

Marisa, the new paint colors sound interesting. I am also a little shy of dark colors, but one of our bathrooms is a dark orange and I really like it.

Mary, I'm sure dd and dsil like having a breather. Hope the rain lets up.

Joanne, hope your work day is going well, and that your commute home is shorter than yesterday. I saw the art work of your DDs that you posted on Facebook, and I think she is really talented. How is the exhibit going for her?

Tam prayers going out for you, Ken and the family.

Hi to anyone I missed. Off to start laundry now.

Good afternoon Housemates!

I only got up twice throughout the night.  I slept until 11:15.  I do feel that I can go back down but I refuse to. 

Cindy - I hope your cold goes away soon.  I'm still working on wips.  I'm working on the mint green/burg/dk green ghan.  I'd made 14 & 13 of the burg and dk green years ago.  I have to make all of the mint green and a few more of the other 2.  I'm not sitting and just crocheting but a little here and there.  I hope to get back to it full force.   I really want to get rid of all wips.

Judy - I hope you and Phyllis had a wonderful time today.  I'm looking forward to seeing your Russian dolls.  How's Sparky and that Lucy?

Sherry - Lifting you up in prayer.  Congrats on the raise.  Looking forward to a picture of the turtle.  I knew that about HL but I thought I saw where Marisa was going to hers on a Sunday if it hadn't been to early to open.  I thought it was family owned and none opened on Sunday for the reasons you stated.

Mary - We're suppose to get rain on Thursday and Friday.  I suppose it's coming from your way.  We usually get our weather from the West.  What you got on the hook?

Linda - Good for you and a quiet day.  We're to have rain on Thursday and Friday.  Be careful if you have to go out!

Marisa - The colors of the house sound pretty.  I'm an earth tone type person.  Have fun with your lunch and dinner dates.  What do you have on your hook at the moment?

Marlene - Lifting you DSIL up in prayer.  Your scarves sound pretty.  Be sure to post pictures. 

Michelle - Hope all is well with you today.  Get your walking and water in.  I'm from a small but now booming town called Alabaster.  It's about 20+ miles south of Birmingham and about 62+ miles north of Montgomery. 

Joanne - Hope paradise is good to you today.

Tam - Thinking of you, Ken and the fam.

BBL!

Hi again!

Good morning, peeps!

Oh, gee...I guess we'll just have to ask you to move out of the House. :wink:rofl    We love you, Judy! :manyheart

Awwww...shucks..... :embar 

Good Morning!  We're having heavy rain, so I may need to unplug my computer.

Marlene ~ Prayers said for your sister-in-law. :hug   I hope they figure out the problem soon!  I haven't worked with the Sashay yarn, but I love the look of the scarves!

Sherry ~ Congratulations on the raise! :clap  

The sky is scary looking - better make sure I'm ready in case it gets bad.

I hope the storm wasn't a bad one!

Good morning ladies :hi

I didn't take notes and picked up where I left off reading yesterday, sorry I never got to my post :(  I went during the day to get adjusted again and we had lunch and then her dh came and joined us so we sat a while reminiscing from school, it was fun remembering everyone/everything.  Today I have a networking lunch and am meeting a friend for dinner later.  The downstairs is finished up and I'm loving it, although it's still a mess because they're still working upstairs.  I'll take a pic to share once it's at least mostly back in order.  The kitchen is jalepeno, which is a deep orange and the living/dining room is mocha.  The stairwell and upstairs hallways are 2 shades back on the same color wheel from the mocha.  I can't remember what they're getting the powder room, master bath, and office in :think  I must say I'm surprised with their color choices seeing as they are both paranoid of darker colors.

Dark colors can be very dramatic - DS loves them...eggplant in his hallway for example! Maybe they didn't look as dark on the paint chip when they picked them out?

Mary, no worries on Bean being laid off.  He's an electrician and is in the union so he gets laid off every time a job ends and will get a call for the next job when he comes up in the rotation :yes   It's a regular cycle for him.

I'll pop back in later and I hope you're all having a wonderful hump day :hug

Good morning. Still dealing with a cold here. It's not that bad, really, just tired of the constant sinus headache, drippy nose and feeling so tired. Although....I must not be as tired as I feel, because I woke up at 4 AM. I plan to do laundry and grocery shop today.
That's icky - you probably have to stay home from work when you're sick...? Feel better :hug

We had ice and lots of snow, Monday night and all day Tuesday, and it is snowing again. I am so ready for spring.

Us, too!
I knit a cute pair of tiny baby shoes this weekend and sewed them up this morning. I suspect that they are too small for even a newborn though. I'll try them out on a newborn when DD delivers. Every time the phone rings, I wonder if baby has made an appearance!
Maybe good for a preemie?

Judy, I looked at that book you linked to, and it is full of cute projects. A lot of them look like something that Lucy of Attic 24 would make. Those Russian dolls are adorable. What are you going to do with yours? Display them? Definitely display it (or them, if I have enough gumption to make the others! Right now the momma doll has no face or hair :haha Enjoy your time with Phyllis.
We had a nice visit - going to the mall was different, so we hit the Bath and Body Works -and Vera Bradley - and I did damage at both places :devil

Judy - I hope you and Phyllis had a wonderful time today.  I'm looking forward to seeing your Russian dolls.  How's Sparky and that Lucy?We had a nice time! And Sparky and Lucy have their usual power struggles - she tries to keep him out of the man cave (living room) He still comes in despite getting his ears and legs nipped at! She's a brat. :lol 

BBL!

http://www.verabradley.com/product/Color/Midnight-Blues/Petite-Tote/1001881/defaultColorVariantId/179049/pc/639/c/0/sc/969/p/1001881.uts

This is my new bag - and it's even brighter in person - and th elight blue in it matches my winter hooded coat...I got the last one this size in the store. :D

The rain let up about 11, so I went to get my haircut!  It's supposed to get stormy again late tonight.

Cindy ~ Aww, so sorry about your cold. :hug   It sounds like the baby may be here anytime now! :c9

Linda ~ I hope you're having a wonderful crafting day!

Judy ~ Your VB bag is gorgeous. :clap   The colors are so pretty - enjoy!

Valerie ~ Yes, so often you guys get rain from our area...I saw snow on the radar in Oklahoma, so Sherry may be getting some.

Hi Marisa!

Mary - yes we got snow this morning, very pretty, NO WIND--which made it lovely.  It's drizzling now with a predicted ice/sleet/snow (never know which it will be) starting at 1 a.m. and lasting until late morning.  May get to stay home--if the schools close, work will be closed--but I brought home work so I can try to get it all done before I leave on Friday evening.   Looking forward to seeing your scarf.

Marisa - hope things go well with the rest of that project.  I'm not too crazy about dark colors on the walls--used to work in the dungeon (a very dark office with no windows) so I prefer lighter colors and a window whenever possible (may explain my fear of small places LOL).

Joanne - hope things are going well in paradise!

Judy - great new bag!!  Love the colors.

Here's the blue turtle I did for the oldest GS.  He got it tonight.  He really loves it.  I took the pics with my iphone at work, so the colors may not be true.  He picked out the yarn and did a good job on it.  The body is royal blue and the shell us French Country.

Well, I'd better get busy and get some work done!  Have a great evening all!

post-27829-0-42209200-1361411649_thumb.jpg

post-27829-0-74551400-1361411699_thumb.jpg

Hi all.  I've spent most of the day crocheting.  I've 60 more squares for Michelle.  Finished up 3 12" squares towards a  baby blanket, and did the last half of a helmet liner.  All in all it was a very good day.  I even went to Papa John's and got a pizza for lunch.  Yummy.  It was a Hawaiin BBQ Chicken pizza with a few changes and additions to the ingrediants.  :D 

It is officially spring here.  We've had daffodils in bloom for a couple of weeks.  But today I spotted my first dandelion of the year.  For me, there is something so cheerful about those yellow blooms that they signify spring for me.

Sherry, I love the second turtle.  Great job!  :clap   :clap   :clap 

Judy, your new bag is lovely.

Cindy, please be careful on the roads with all that yucky weather.

Have a good night and day.  :ghug 

Good morning! Running a bit behind so won't have time for alot of individuals!

Sherry- Must comment on the turtle that you made - it's soooo cute- and your GS picked great colors> Love the french country for the shell!!! Not sure if I congratulated you on the raise- so---Congratulations! :clap

Judy- Nice VB bag! I LOVE Vera Bradley- and have quite a nice collection- :lol I found a place in Cranbury that has a room with 50% off - I actually treated myself to a new bag, wallet, lunch tote and tote back in December --and they ALL cost me what one of the larger totes would have cost by itself! :)

Glad you had fun with Phyllis!

Oops- clock is ticking- so off I go ----OH,- I finished the cover I knitted for my Nook last night-I'll try and get pics after work.

Good morning all!!  I'll be staying home today--we have hail, sleet, freezing rain, and some snow. We have a least an inch of this stuff, so it's gonna be hard to drive.  All the metro schools are closed.  So we they close, we close.  Glad I brought my work home with me so I can do that today.  Was also supposed to go the surgeon today but called yesterday and talked with the nurse.  She said if I can't get there it's ok.  We talked about some questions I had and said my surgery is still on.  They moved the time up to 7 a.m. which means I have to be there at 5 a .m. At least I'm first in line!

Joanne - Thanks for the comments on the turtle. Oldest GS loves to paint and color so he's got a good eye for what goes together.

Mary - hope you didn't get any of this nasty stuff. 

Linda - sounds like a good day yesterday! 

I had Kuddles make me a purse for my recovery time (and after).  It's really pretty, it's black and white and has a lot of pockets on the inside.  It's got a very long strap on it so I won't have to have it on one shoulder where it would slide off. 

Well, I'm off to get some more sleep since I don't have to go in today.  Have a great day all!!  Stay safe and warm.

Hi House. :)

Sherry ~ This turtle is wonderful, too! :cheer   Love the colors that your GS chose. :yes

Linda ~ Your Wednesday was a very productive one. :clap  Now you have me wanting pizza for breakfast. :lol

Joanne ~ WTG on your knitting progress!

I need to leave before 8 - DD has a parent/teacher meeting at Luke's pre-school, so I'll stay with both little guys while she's gone. :)   Then grocery shopping and getting ready for Luke's visit. 

Have a wonderful morning! ♥♥♥

Hi Ladies,

Judy, Your VB bag is really pretty. Sounds like a nice time out with Phyllis yesterday. I'm following the lumberjack pattern, but the large hook hurt my hand so I made changes. I changed to single strand yarn and a smaller hook, but I'm making the squares the same size as the pattern calls for. Those adjustments makes it go slower. And it's only dc, kind of boring when it's only squares. I had thought of frogging it and doing some different squares so it would be more interesting, but I have 2 strips done and that's to much to frog.

Sherry, Good luck on the surgery. When is it? I forgot! Congratulations on the raise! The turtle is cute. DGS did a nice job with the colors. Good you don't have to be out in the weather.

Mary, Congrats on the finishing the scarf. Have fun with the boys this morning.

Cindy, Hope you feel better real soon. You have more snow coming. Be careful if you have to be out in it.

Linda, Your hook was smoking yesterday, that's lots of squares for one day. The only sign of spring I've seen here is the grass is getting green. I'll have to take a drive to a local cemetery and see if any flowers are up yet. This cemetery has wild flowers throughout it and it's just beautiful when in full bloom. Not much grass to mow there.

Joanne, Congrats on your new kindle cover.

Marisa, I like light colors myself. I hope the colors won't be to dark.

DSIL called from home yesterday afternoon. Nothing is wrong with her stent. Everything is working like it's suppose to. So she has to go get her gallbladder checked out. Thanks for the prayers.

I have to go get ready for pt. Have a nice day everyone!

Good morning Housemates!

Linda - WTG on the hooking.  The pizza sounds delicious.  We're in for some rain the next 2-3 days.

Sherry - The turtle is beautiful.  DGS is good with colors.  Be careful in that ice/sleet/snow.

Judy - I love your bag.

Marlene - I'm glad you get to do pt today.  I'm glad DSIL's stent is okay.  I will continue to pray for her.

Mary - WTG on the scarf.  Looking forward to pictures.  Have fun with the boys!  Has it stopped raining there?  Ours is to start after sundown and go through Saturday...stop for Sunday and start back on Monday.

Joanne - Congrats on the kindle cover.  Looking forward to pictures.  Hope you're having a easy time in Paradise today.

Cindy, Tam, Michelle and the rest of the gang...thinking of you!

Have a great day all!

BBL!

Archived