Our House Part Two

JulieKay

post-8552-0-66424200-1360449403_thumb.jpgpost-8552-0-81883500-1360449446_thumb.jpgpost-8552-0-35198000-1360449480_thumb.jpgLucy...I couldn't get Sparkie in a still, but did post a video of them on FB

We got almost 7 inches like Joanne did.

PS: I'm trying to upload the video to my blog :)

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi again!

Tam we're women and we are human....breakdowns happen...don't berate yourself! And you guys are always in my prayers.

Thank you Judy! Guess I needed to come here and get a little babying from my friends! You're an angel Judy!

Oh, that is so adorable!! TY!

Hi Ladies,

Joanne, Glad you were able to get out of work early before the storm got to bad. How sweet of hubby to bring dinner home. Glad DD's are safe to. Nice that the lawn guy took care of you with this much snow. Ryan is adorable all bundled up and playing in the snow.

Mary, The pic of Luke and Zac is adorable. Wtg on the strips. Stay safe in those storms.

Linda, Nice that you could spend the day with Carole and Rosie and the two of you could be there to support Rosie. Good news on John. Good news on getting the quilting job. How nice of you to make 80 squares for Michelle. Hope you enjoy your new group.

Marisa, Glad your patient was able to help you with your programs. I think the turtles will be a great addition to your office. It's nice your knitting group is growing.

Cindy, Nope I don't miss the snow to much, especially when it's in the 70's and 80's here. But I always did enjoy shoveling snow.

Great pic of the DGS's. There good looking boys. Hope you had a great night out and a nice visit with the inlaws. Congratulations on your weight loss. Nice of your mechanic to take care of his customers like he did you.

Val, Way to go on finsihing all your wip projects.

Sherry, Glad DGS surgery went well. I knew he would love the turtle and you would be making another one. Hope DD gets better quickly. Enjoy your weekend with DGS.

Judy, Glad your dentist appt went well. Sorry your test didn't go so well and you have to go on monday. Love the kitchen. It looks great! The background is softer. Lucy looks like she enjoys the snow.

Tam, Your stronger than you realize. You've been through a lot and it is totally understandable having a breakdown. Like Judy said don't beat yourself up over it. :hug:manyheart

Wednesday I didn't make it to crafts. Got a text from SD asking me to calle her. Please keep her in your prayers. Last weekend her husband told her he has an apt and was moving out. I was shocked and I think she was to. The kids are 17 and 19. We talked for an hour and I told her to text me anytime. She hadn't told Zack yet nor her Mom.

We served 77 omlets in 1 1/2 hours this morning. Next week we will be working at least two days. Were serving steak or shrimp dinner on Valentines Day. We have to clean and peel the shrimp. That's a big job. Today there was a chili cook off. We had 10 different chillis.

Maya was sick this week with the cough and her Mom took her to the doctor and they gave her some medicine with codine in it and she is much better. She told me she made some hot sauce. I asked her how. She said she put some ketchup in a bowl and added bbq sauce. She said the ketchup got really dark. She said it was hot to. I told her she would have to make some for me. She said she would and just let her know how hot I like it and she will make it that hot. To funny.

DD picked Maya and Jocelyn up winter coats for next year for 12.00 a piece with her discount they went to 9.00 a piece. At JC Pennys.

Thursday was my last day of pt. I'm not healed yet. There faxing paper work to my doctor. Hopefully he sends back another prescription for more pt. If not I'll be calling him.

We heard cyotes close by a couple of nights ago. I seen a cardinal the other day. We have a 2000 piece puzzle going. It's 3 deer standing in a field. It's going to take awhile.

Hope everyone has a great sunday!

Good morning

Cindy- I love the pics of your very handsome grandsons!!! Glad you shared!!! We seem to have an overabundance of grandson's in "our house". I think it's kind of funny since everyone I know lately has been having girls! (except for my DD- LOL)

Tam- Love the baby blanket and I'm sure she'll understand. Keeping you and your family in my prayers. How's Ken doing?

Marlene- Wow- alot going on in your neck of the woods! Fingers crossed that you'll get a prescription to continue the PT. Glad that Maya is on the mend and prayers and good thoughts for your SD- that must have been a shock! How's your DH doing?

Judy- Love the pics you posted. I'll have to check out your blog for your video. Belle also loved playing in the snow and running around in it. I'll have to download the pic to my phone of the snowman- it's a small one. DD had a 'snowman kit' that included a hat, eyes, scarf, corncob pipe carrot nose. Each time she put something on the snowman, Ryan took it off. He thought it was a fun game to put the eye on, take it off, put it back on, take it off....you get the picture. Needless to say, the only thing on the snowman is the scarf! LoL

My brother in Fairfield CT has about 2 feet of snow- my niece posted a pic on FB of their Maltese dog in the snow and a pic of the front door where the snow is halfway up. A niece of mine in E Hartford CT posted pics of her parking lot- cars barely visible!! And I spoke with my cousin in Dover, NH last evening. They have about 30 inches of snow there.  So we were very lucky here- and it was just the right amount of snow for the kids to play in!!!

My SIL got 'stuck' working a 2nd shift last night- so he'll be sleeping this morning . DD and Ryan are coming over for breakfast and then we're headed to Trader Joe's. I'm getting lots of Ryan time and loving it!

Hope you all have a great day!

~ Good morning House...

Hope all is well with everyone.

We're getting ready for church .... Then we are off to visit Ken. Can't stay long...but better than nothing!

The weather is suppose to be fairly nice today..... High 40s. I can handle that! Patrick needs to clean his Jeep out... So it's a good day to do that. I'm going to finish a pair of knitted slippers ... Work on a pray ripple'ghan...and keep practicing on my new iPad. I tell ya we have so many tablets...phones...laptops....etc. in this house.....LOL.

Okay off to finish getting ready to go..... Catch up later!

Thanks again ladies for the boost .... I needed it and feel better!

:mug

'Morning, everyone. :manyheart   Rough night with lots of noise from the storms - thankfully we just got rain and some small hail.  :rain

Tammy ~ Lots of hugs and prayers from me, too. :hug   I'm glad you're feeling better today. :)  Your granny baby 'ghan is wonderful - love the ribbon, too.

Cindy ~ Your grandsons are all adorable!  They look so cute in their matching clothes. :yes

Valerie ~ Yay for finding the pattern book. :clap   Congratulations on all the wip finishes!

Joanne ~ Ryan is so cute! :c9  Enjoy your time with DD and Ryan today.

Judy ~ Great snow pictures!  Lucy looks so pretty laying in the snow...I'll bet she loved playing in it!

Marlene ~ You've had a super busy few days!  The meals you all have always sound so good.  Valentine's dinner with shrimp right out of the gulf / bay will be yummy...lots of deveining and peeling going on, though! :eek  I hope your doctor renews the Rx for PT soon. :manyheart  Maya always says the cutest things. :lol

Sherry, Linda and the rest of the House - HI!

Good morning everyone!  I'm up.  Really, I am.  But I feel loggy.  I even took a 3 hour nap yesterday.  :think   I think maybe I overdid it.  Again.  I really wonder when I'm going to get some reserve energy built back up.  :shrug   I know....Patience is a virtue....

Anyway.  I'm thinking of pulling out my dragon quiltghan and working on it again.  Making the squares for Michelle kind of got me in the mood to work on one.  I even know where the yarn, pattern, and pieces are.  :lol   That still isn't true of a lot of things, but oh well.

Marlene ~ Added your SD to my prayer list.  You always have so many fun things going on where you are in Texas, and such delicious sounding food.  Hope the doctor renews the PT.

Tammy ~  You've been dealing with a lot for a long time.  It's no wonder you had a small crash and burn.  You are loved and can come here anytime for some extra hugs and support.  :ghug   Love to Ken too.  And the boys.  You are basically single parenting and that's hard no matter how good the boys are.

Mary ~ Glad you had no damage from the storms.  Wonder if they are headed our way? 

Joanne ~ I can just see Ryan and the snowman.  It sure sounds like he had a lot of fun.  :D

Val ~ You sure are getting a lot done on your WIPs.  :clap   :clap   :clap 

Catch you all later.  :hug   

Hello everyone. Gloomy here with freezing rain in the forecast. I doubt it will amount to much though. It's not that cold. It'll more likely be just rain, which means we will have some water leaking into the basement. We only have that issue in winter when the ground is frozen. Moisture gets between the house and the ground and eventually seeps in.

Thanks for the compliments on my grandsons. I picked up those shirts for them for $2 each at a close out sale a couple of years ago. It never dawned on me that the youngest could conceivably wear one of those shirts for many, many years! Even a little boy might get tired of wearing the same outfit for four or five years in a row!

Tam, so glad you feel a bit better today, hugs to you and yours. Your afghan is really pretty.

Val, congrats on the WIP accomplishments. Glad you located your book.

Judy, Lucy is such a beautiful dog. Doesn't look like the snow bothers her!

Linda, I think that getting your strength back is just going to take patience. Just listen to your body. Looking forward to seeing your dragon quilt ghan.

Marlene, so sorry about your ad. Sending good thoughts and prayers. You sure keep busy down therein Texas. Your meals sound delicious. Hope that more PT will be prescribed.

Mary, glad that the storms did not end up as bad as they could have.

Joanne, Ryan's snowman building experience sounds like a huge hit. So funny! My nephew in Boston says they got around 25 inches where they live. Makes our 18 inches not look too bad. I expect a lot of it will melt over the next few days.

Hi Sherry, Marisa and anyone I missed.

Hello Housemates!

Just got in.  I started rolling early this morning.  I dropped my DNep off at work at 9.  My sister, Jack and I went and bought some much needed groceries.  I went to Walmart after dropping Jack and the groceries off.  I got back home and had to take DN and DGN to a girl scouts function.  I have to go out once more and that is to pick up the DNep.  He doesn't know what time he is getting off because the pharmacy is short staffed. :eek

I finished the last square on yesterday but I haven't joined them yet.  I'll probably do that on tomorrow.,  I'm going to work on a ripple ghan I started a few months back.

Joanne - It sounds like you had a great time with Ryan and DD.  What a way to end a long week for you.  Did you get any hooking time in?

Judy - Nice pictures.

Tam - Pretty ghan.  :hug just for you.  We all need to exhale and there is no better group of ladies than the Housemates to do this with.  Feel free to let go, we're here for you.  Hope all is well with Ken.

Linda - It's my goal to be wip free.  I would like to start working on inventory for sale.

Marlene - hope you can continue pt.  Maya is a hoot.  I know she misses you terribly.  I'm adding SD to my prayer list as well.

Mary - We're getting rain now.  It's in our forecast several days this week. 

Cindy - I hope you don't have to deal with water in your basement.

Sherry, Marisa and everybody else...thinking of you all!

BBL!

Good evening!

Had a nice breakfast and outing to TJ's with DD and Ryan- We both stocked up! IThis afternoon, DH and I went out for a bit and I stopped at Michael's while he was in B&N--and Vannas Choice is on sale for $1.89---so even though I vowed not to buy yarn, for that price, I absolutely could not resist. When I told DH that this yarn is normally over $3.00 now, he understood why I felt compelled to buy some. I like the yarn and the blankets I made for Ryan with it  have been holding up really well and they've been washed a lot.

I did crochet some today, Val- I did a few rows on the baby blanket and then started a ruffle scarf with Homespun for my step granddaughter whose birthday get together is Sat. I totally forgot about it coming up so soon. For some reason, I can believe it's already the 10th of Feb!!!

Hope you all had a great, relaxing Sunday!

Hi ladies!

Just a quick check in to the House. I read all the posts...

we went to see Argo today and even though I knew how it ends my adrenalin had my heart racing! Ben Afleck was great and he directed it too!

I ordered the book, too, because I want to see where truth was left behind between the book and movie!

Its been hard getting Lucy to come in from the snow since she loves it so much. Made sure she had two play sessions out there with her brother, toys and me. Tomorrow will be bringing rain and it wont be such fun anymore.

JOANNE! i couldnt post the video but am not giving up. Will try photobucket next time I get a chance.

Hugs!

Good evening all!!  A busy weekend since we had both grandsons this weekend.  Karate on Saturday for the oldest GS, then a trip to HL (HAD to spend some of my gift card that I got for Christmas), late lunch at Red Lobster (youngest DD treated us), then church this morning and grocery shopping--plus did all of DD laundry since she can't get up and down the stairs with all the laundry. 

Found some really pretty yarn to make me a sweater--it's 3 big granny squares and sewn together to make a cute sweater.  I plan to do that while I'm at home recovering from knee surgery, plus I will also work on my RR that I found the other day (packed away in a box from when we moved).  Getting ready to start the next turtle for oldest GS.  He chose royal blue, country blue (varigated) and off white for his turtle.  I hope to have it done before my surgery (on Feb. 25).

Joanne - glad you've had fun with DD and Ryan!! 

Tam - it's ok to have a meltdown, you've been through a lot.  Love the baby blanket!

Cindy - cute grandsons!!

Marlene - will be praying for you and your family. 

Hope all is well for those that live where there's lots of snow!  We're supposed to get snow Tuesday--we'll see if we get any, last time we didn't get put a little bit.  Our trees are beginning to bud--not good this early :(  Crazy, crazy weather.

Hope all have had a good weekend--hugs to all!!

Good morning Housemates!

I've dropped off the DN...getting ready to drop off the DGN and DGNep.

Joanne - I'm glad you had a great weekend (fun & relaxation) with Ryan and DD.  I've never used any of Vanna's yarn.  The sale sounds like an excuse to try it :lol  ;) .  I think they also have their Homespun on sale.

Judy - Gotta love Lucy.

Sherry - What a busy weekend!

I'm going back to my wips today. 

Marlene, Mary, Tam, Linda Cindy and Marisa...thinking of you!

BBL!

Hi House!  I sure missed the 'Ville this a.m. - but am so glad it's back online! :cheer

Linda ~ I hope you're getting more rest. :manyheart   I've forgotten about your dragon quilt 'ghan...do you have any pictures?

Valerie ~ It sounds like you did lots of driving yesterday and again today!  Have fun with your projects. :yes

Sherry ~ Busy weekend!  I know you must be sooo ready to have the knee surgery. :hug Hopefully, you can visit with us more while you're off work! :)

Back to work, so I can crochet later. :)

Joanne ~ I saw Michael's ad, but didn't make it yesterday to take advantage of the 25% off entire purchase coupon.  But it's still a great sale on Vanna's and hope to get there tomorrow. :D

Hi, all.  This is the first I've been able to get all the way in today.  It's been rain, rain, and more rain lately.  The ground is soggy and it's cold.  I guess it's supposed to stay this way most of the week.  :yuck   Oh, well, we can use the moisture after last summer's daught.

I made a run to the doctor's office to pick up some meds and am back home.  Not sure what I'm going to work on today.  I've been crocheting more saltines for Michelle, but my joints are stiff today.  Maybe work on John's quilt.

Linda - I hope your joints loosen up.  Yep, it is rainy and cold and it will last ntil Friday I think.

Mary - Driving is what I do now. :lol   How are you?  I've already picked up the nieces.  I have my DNep left and then I'm in for the night.  What's on your hook?

Judy - I loved the video.  Your pups are a hoot.  They definitely did not want to go inside, especially that Lucy.

My sister, Jack cooked a feast for dinner.  We have ham, butter peas, mac-n-cheese, collard greens, corn, candied yams, turkey and dressing.  I'm not eating anything until I do my last pick up.  We'll probably eat off this for 2-3 days.

I haven't done any hooking today.  I've been dosing off and on.  I guess it's this weather.  I'm going to hook now.

BBL.

Good evening ladies :hi

I had a good weekend.  Saturday I got up and went to a knit/crochet group for the bridge and stayed until 4 :D  Then I sat at home and crocheted the weekend away :clap  I did help my sister deep clean the kitchen Sunday morning.  They are going away next week and having painters coming in to do most of the house.  So we figured we'd get the rooms being done spring cleaned a little early this year :yes

I went for an oil change this morning and ended up spending $166 :eek  I needed a few filters in different places and a new rear wiper that you can't get anywhere but the dealer since you can't get just a blade, you need the whole thing :shrug  So I told them to throw on new blades for the front too because while they're ok if it's just wet, with any kind of snow or ice, they are not working at all :eek  So, all in all not so bad really and I rarely ever get hit with extra stuff like that.

Glad to hear all you ladies in the line of the storm kept up well :hug  We didn't get anything, just a few flurries.  Today it was in the 50's, but I think it's supposed to drop over night with more flurries.

Judy - WTG with your Russian dolls, great idea to use the knee highs :yes  I always love having some soup and a sandwich :yes

Joanne - Glad to hear dd held up well in Boston and had people in the building so she wasn't alone.  How great for dh to get home with Chinese :drool  Now I'm hungry for some of that :lol  Love the pic of Ryan, he's so big!

Val - WTG on all your WIP's.  Your dinner feast sounds abslutely delish!  I wish I lived close by :wink

Linda - WTG on all those saltines :clap  So how far along is your dragon quiltghan?

Cindy - How fun....a snowman festival :bounce  Glad you had your Blazer back :hug  Hope your basement didn't leak too badly.  The boys pic is great :manyheart

Sherry - Glad the surgery went well and that he loved the turtle :hug  How is dd's foot? 

Mary - Are you still storming out there?

Tam - Allowing yourself to breakdown at times is a healthy release of some of that stress :hug  Remember we're all here for you :ghug  Continued prayers for you and your family!

Marlene - Oooo, we're having chili today, but only one kind :lol  I hope Maya is feeling better.  The steak/shrimp dinner has me salivating :drool  Prayers for sd :hug

Saw on FB that CV is finally up again!

Sherry, good to get your projects ready to keep busy while recupperating!!

Val - glad you saw the video.  Here's a link - finally - for those who aren't on FB  http://s211.beta.photobucket.com/user/kruschiki/media/015-1_zps9059f89f.mp4.html

With Photobucket I'm glad I can finally post the thing...

Missed everybody today!

Hi all,

Judy- What a cute video- seems like Lucy and Sparkie did not want to give up their toys!! I had to chuckle- cause even though they are a different breed than my Dd's Belle, Belle had the same kind of fun in the snow. She loved it!!!! And went crazy when I was pulling Ryan around in the sled!!

Marisa- Wow- 50's? We had rain today- and it's very foggy now- I was going to go to craft club, but with the fog, which will probably get worse as the evening goes on, I'm just going to stay put for the evening.

Val- Your dinner sounds scrumptious! Enjoy!!! We're having left overs tonight- love when all I have to do is pop something in the microwave to heat it up! Yes, the homespun is on sale as well 3/$10

Mary The coupon was only good on regular price items, and since the Vanna's was on sale, I wouldn't have been able to use it. I have the coupons on my phone, and always check before they ring me up- I like working with Vanna's and love how the colors coordinate with each other.

To the rest of the house- hope you all had a good Monday!

Hi again!

Judy ~ The video is priceless. :lol   They are such gorgeous dogs - it's so fun to see them play in the snow. :)

Valerie ~ Everything sounds so yummy!  Enjoy your crochet time. :yes   I just finished the baby 'ghan this afternoon...all the ends are even woven in! :lol   We're supposed to have more rain tomorrow, so will take pictures when I can.

Marisa ~ Hi!  I'm glad you had some good crochet time over the weekend.  Also glad you didn't have any bad weather!

Linda ~ So sorry about the stiffness. :hug  What did you decide to work on next? 

Hi Joanne ~ I'll bet you're ready for a quiet evening at home!  Enjoy! :manyheart 

Thank goodness (again!) for soup in the freezer - sausage/lentil soup for tonight.  

Hi!  I've done some work on the quilt for John, sewing some more strips together.  Trying to stay warm.

Judy ~ That's a wonderful video of Lucy and Sparkie.

Like Val said, we're to keep getting rain off and on all week.

Hi Ladies,

Judy, Nice video of Lucy and Sparky. You can tell they love the snow. Are labs did to.

Val, Your dinner sounds delicious.

Joanne, Cute story of Ryan and the snowman. Glad you had lots of Ryan time this weekend. I like Vanna's yarn to.

Linda, Hope your feeling better. We've some rain coming a couple of times this week also.

Mary, We had got some rain this morning early.

Cindy, Hope your basement didn't leak.

Sherry, You had a busy weekend with the DGS and helping DD. Good idea lining up your projects for your down time.

Marisa, Wtg starting your spring cleaning early. We had to replace wiper blades and they were very expensive. We had to replace the whole thing not just the blade. I don't know why there making them like that.

Tam, Glad you had a short visit with Ken even if was a short one. Keeping all of you in my prayers.

We had a memorial service yesterday for the man that died shortly after we got here. There was a couple that use to be in the park that drove down from Dallas for it. They came a few days before so they could catch up with everyone. Are first year here was there last year here, so we didn't get to know them that well. But they welcomed us just like they always been here.  This park really is the best park to be in. It's like one big family. There were others that had rv'd with Ray and Sharon from years ago that came and also there adopted daughter. The hall was packed.

Today at the jam session I worked on DD's headband. It might actually fit this time. I just need to go around it and sew the buttons on it. Then I worked on a ruffle scarf for her.

Hope everyone has a good tuesday!

Good morning.  I think the dragon quiltghan is about 1/4 done, but haven't dug it out yet, so not sure.  :think  It's in a tote under the kitchen table, so I know where it is.  I'm going to finish making saltines out of this skein of yarn for Michelle and then I'll check on it.

It's sunny outside at the moment, although the rain is supposed to come back this afternoon.  The ground is sooo wet.  It's warmer today, too, which is very nice.  :D  

I did some work on John's quilt last night.  Have a few more multistrips to go before I can start cranking out blocks and putting them together.  At least I'm getting closer.  :)

Hope you all have a good Tuesday.  :manyheart

post-15738-0-76441600-1360683697_thumb.jpgpost-15738-0-50247700-1360683741_thumb.jpgpost-15738-0-03048100-1360683797_thumb.jpgpost-15738-0-45712000-1360683902_thumb.jpg

Good morning Housemates!

Just a quick drop in to post some pictures of completed wips.  It is suppose to start raining again later.  The sun is coming and going.  This is my first time posting pictures in the new setup.

I'm currently working on a little periwinkle square afghan wip.  My best friend from Bama is coming this weekend with her little granddaughter.  I'm going to give this to her so I have to get back to it.

Archived