Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Michelle - glad to see you back in the house.

Joanne - I went to Michael's today as well.  I didn't get any Vanna but I plan to before Saturday ends.  It's on sale here for $1.89.  Did you say it was $1.69?  The homespun was picked through and I really don't like working with it but I like how it feels.  I bought 2 skeins of RH green so I can finish a wip that is over 7 years old.

Have a good night all.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Michelle, glad to see you back posting.  Hope you keep coming back. 

Thank you!!

I'm very slowly losing weight on Weight Watchers.  I hear you about slower metabolism as you age.   My youngest DD joined WW with me, and in the time that I have lost 16 pounds, she has lost 25.  She doesn't reallly need to lose much more, and she isn't trying anywhere near as hard as I am.  She uses up all her extra points each week, adn I rarely use any of mine.  Seems unfair, but there it is!

Well, EVERYONE lost tonite but me!! :cry    I worked so hard this week and did really great!! I weighed at home yesterday just had to have a sneak peak and had lost 3 lbs!! Was so excited tonite and then,,,,,the same as I weighed last week!! :eekI'm telling ya! I don't know what in the world is going on!

As for sewing together those saltines, everyone here will tell you that I will never make a saltine afghan.  I love the way they look, ut I whine about sewig together 12 inch squares to make an afghan.  I doubt that I would ever get a saltine afghan finished!

I hear you! THis just might be my last one also! :P 

Linda--- I love the quilt I saw!! I just love quilts, but that is just too much work for me to do for sure!! I made one small one 31 yrs ago for the birth of my oldest son..  and no more!

Cindy--- So you have a grand baby coming? Do you know what it is? My DS and DIL are having me a new grandchild in April!! It shall be a Boy!! They've already named him Hunter,

Valerie -- From one Bama fan to another! I believe you asked me what part of Alabama I'm from? I'm 2 hours north of Mobile, right on the Miss. / Al  line. Little community of Isney. :)

Well hope everyone has a good night, stay warm, stay dry and stay safe!!

Last check-in for the night.  I love to make the quiltghans that I design, but otherwise probably won't make any others, but you never know.

Michelle ~ I tried to make a quilt many years ago and had a horrible experience.  I had no one to coach me or teach me the tricks of good quilting.  Then 4 years ago my best friend started to teach me quilting.  Knowing all the little things that make things go easier and smoother made all the difference.  Now I'm totally hooked.  And, again, I love making my own patterns.  I have a few that I followed the directions on, but most I end up changing some or all of the pattern and making it my own. 

I'm heading for bed.  Hope you all have a good night.  :ghug 

Michelle - glad to see you back in the house.

Joanne - I went to Michael's today as well.  I didn't get any Vanna but I plan to before Saturday ends.  It's on sale here for $1.89.  Did you say it was $1.69?  The homespun was picked through and I really don't like working with it but I like how it feels.  I bought 2 skeins of RH green so I can finish a wip that is over 7 years old.

Have a good night all.

Good morning! The Vanna's is 1.89 here too, but with the 20% off coupon that brought it down to about 1.70!  I don't mind working with the homespun and finished a 'potato chip' ruffle scarf for my step granddaughter last night with hit. I'm going to make a shawl for my DD for her birthday in March- and have the Homespun on hold at Michael's until I can get there Friday! I picked out the colorway "meadow" .

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone in the House---nothing special on the agenda for me- work, then haircut/color. Well, I guess the haircut/color is special since it's weeks overdue!!!!

Hugs!

Linda--- I love the quilt I saw!! I just love quilts, but that is just too much work for me to do for sure!! I made one small one 31 yrs ago for the birth of my oldest son..  and no more!

Cindy--- So you have a grand baby coming? Do you know what it is? My DS and DIL are having me a new grandchild in April!! It shall be a Boy!! They've already named him Hunter,

Valerie -- From one Bama fan to another! I believe you asked me what part of Alabama I'm from? I'm 2 hours north of Mobile, right on the Miss. / Al  line. Little community of Isney. :)

Well hope everyone has a good night, stay warm, stay dry and stay safe!!

Congrats on the upcoming grandbaby!!!!  I like the name Hunter!! Is this your first? I have another grandson due in March! My first grandchild is Ryan and he is 19 mos old! Can't wait to welcome his little brother, who is going to be named Robert Matthew. They plan on calling him Robbie!!

Hi Ladies,

Daisy woke me up at 5:30 so I've had my shower waiting for my hair to dry a bit more before I finish drying it. I have to be back up to the hall so we can finish prepping for todays dinner. We worked 6 hours yesterday and not sure not sure how many today.

Hope everyone has a nice Valentine's Day! We have a dance after the dinner so I don't know if I'll make it back today or not.

Good morning ladies :hi

Sorry I never posted yesterday.  I was busy in the morning finishing up the paperwork from the new patient I had the night before, just before the knit/crochet group so didn't have time then to do it.  Then I remember I had to do bills.  Then I met my friend for lunch and we walked around the mall, she picked up a really nice watch for her dh for V-day :yes  When I came back I really don't know what else I did, but apparently was busy :lol  I did check in and took notes that I still have sitting by the computer.  Today I'm going to get my adjustment since our plan fell through on Tuesday :clap

Thanks everyone for mulling over my case study :hug

:valday  :vheart:valday:vheart:valday

Linda - :birthday  Enjoy your day!  Any new news about John?  Continued prayers for everyone :ghug

Mary -  How is your sewing room?  How is Luke's fever?

Judy - Did you finish the first Russian doll yet?  Are you enjoying your book?

Cindy - How is dd feeling? 

Marlene - Maya is too cute with the box and daisy :manyheart  The dinner and dance sounds like fun.

Tam - Glad to hear you are enjoying your new iPad!  How is Ken feeling?  How about the boys?

Joanne - Oh boy, how scary at Michael's :eek  It's amazing how businesses are no longer prepared to conduct business without power.  I can understand them wanting to get everyone out, but if you're already at the register they should've been able to write up the old fashioned way :(  Hoping your hair finally gets done :xfin 3rd times a charm, right?

Sherry -  Are you going anyway during your vacation, or just staying home without the worry/headache of work?

Val - You sure are working on all your WIP's :clap 

Michelle - Don't get discouraged with the weight loss, some weeks are better than others.  Make sure you're eating smaller meals/snacks throughout the day every 2-3 hours....it's the best way to keep the metabolism up :yes  Also, looking at the scale on a daily basis really doesn't do you any good either because it will always be up and down naturally between a couple pounds.  I'd recommend holding out with one day a week :yes  Good luck!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all the birthday wishes.  :ghug

:sun We have sunshine today!  That makes it so very nice.

Something weird is going on with my computer so I can't rearrange  the icons below, but hope you all have a wonderful Valentines Day!

And the best news of the day:  John is HOME!  He still has a feeding tube but he's home.  And last night he slept!  Which he hasn't been doing in the hospital.  Rosie is frazzled and exhausted, but he's not so cranky which helps a lot.

:vheart   :valday  :vheart:valday   :vheart    :vheart  :valday

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all the birthday wishes.  :ghug

:sun We have sunshine today!  That makes it so very nice.

Something weird is going on with my computer so I can't rearrange  the icons below, but hope you all have a wonderful Valentines Day!

And the best news of the day:  John is HOME!  He still has a feeding tube but he's home.  And last night he slept!  Which he hasn't been doing in the hospital.  Rosie is frazzled and exhausted, but he's not so cranky which helps a lot.

Oh Linda....that's wonderful news!! :cheer:clap  A great birthday present too :wink

Hi House!

Michelle ~ How exciting to be having a grandbaby! :c9   It's so good to see your posts. :)

Marlene ~ Have a wonderful evening - dinner and a dance sounds so fun. :yes

Linda ~ I'm glad you had a sunny day on your birthday. :manyheart   Great news about John!

Hi to everyone at Our House!  I got home about 3 and took Gracie for a walk - it's a gorgeous 68* and I just needed to be outside. 

Here is the Sweet Pea Afghan that I finished a few days ago.  It's about 35" x 31" and will probably go to one of DD's college roommates who is expecting her second daughter in June. :c9

post-10699-0-30618200-1360883761_thumb.jpgpost-10699-0-76449100-1360883778_thumb.jpg

Your Sweet Pea Afghan is gorgeous, Mary!  :clap   :clap   :clap 

I spent some time with Rosie, Carole, and John this afternoon.  It was so nice just to be all together again.  A great birthday gift.

I off to Prayer Shawl group.  BBL.  :manyheart 

Hi, ladies!

Wow!! I guess they realized he would heal better at home!

Here is the Sweet Pea Afghan that I finished a few days ago.  It's about 35" x 31" and will probably go to one of DD's college roommates who is expecting her second daughter in June. :c9

attachicon.gif001.JPGattachicon.gif005.JPG

Oh, that's beautiful!!

Marisa, I didn't get to the doll at all...but am half finished reading Argo! I'm really enjoying reading about the behind the scenses stuff that wasn't in the movie.

Update on my last medical tests - all came out fine! And I'm feeling virtually 100 percent now, so hopefully whatever was going on is over. We still have to wait for a couple of weeks or so before we find out what's going on with DH. He feels OK, just that his lab work wasn't good...so we'll see.

I did go for a touch up to the hair salon - love the girl at Ulta. She runs the salon and does a wonderful job, yet has a calm and gentle way about her. It's a nice experience.

Have a good nigh everyone!

Your Sweet Pea Afghan is gorgeous, Mary!  :clap   :clap   :clap 

I spent some time with Rosie, Carole, and John this afternoon.  It was so nice just to be all together again.  A great birthday gift.

I off to Prayer Shawl group.  BBL.  :manyheart 

That's wonderful!!

Enjoy the group!

Thank you so much - Linda and Judy. :manyheart

Linda ~ Oh, how wonderful to be with "the gang" today. :)  I hope John's recovery is a smooth one. :yes

Judy ~ It's so nice that you've found just the right hairdresser.  I love my Great Clips friend...just hope she doesn't leave! :lol  I'm glad your test results were good and hope that your DH's results are, too. :hug

See you all tomorrow! :ghug

Archived