Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joanne, I really like the pattern of your new wallet and tote. I considered buying a tote to match my new wallet when the pattern was half off last week, but decided to resist.

Sherry, sending good thoughts for tomorrow. I'm 5'4, which I think of as average, but most things are too long for me too. Petite sizes are about a half inch too short.

Joanne the link to Ryan's big brother gift just takes me to a page with lots of little tykes toys on it. It might be the IPad though, Good idea to make him feel special. Hope you and dd have fun baby shopping.

Hi all!  Getting ready for the big day tomorrow.  I'm soooooo ready for this surgery.  The blizzard isn't supposed to come in until tomorrow night, so I'm going to show up at 5 am and tell them let's get started!!!  Our dryer went out this morning while trying to dry my clothes :(  So after church we went looking at dryers and ended up a set--thanks to youngest DD.  She's helping to buy them (she lives with us).  But the sad thing is they won't come until Thursday.  At least I got my clothes dry, she took them to our work (the church) and dried them this morning while she was watching the nursery.  So now it's time to get the pjs hemmed and the bag packed.  I've got everything I needed on my list )

Joanne - love the purse you bought!  so bright and cheerful!

Cindy, Judy, Joanne, Mary, and all the others on here--thanks for your prayers.  I so appreciate it. 

Hugs to all!  I'll check back in when I can.  I'll try to send Joanne a FB message once the drugs wear off :)

Be safe and be warm!

Cindy- I think it must be the iPad. When I click on the link it brings me to the page with the school bus activity slide. Great snowman. How is dd doing??? Guess the new grandchild will be making an appearance any day now

Sherry-good luck tomorrow. Glad you were able to get your clothes died and that you will soon have a new washer and dryer.

To the rest of the house. Hope you all have a good night.

Cute toy, Joanne!!

Cindy - wow, you must have had a lot of snow to make such a huge snowman! I like that you got Sophie (?) in on the pic! I hope DD doesn't have a long labor.

Sherry - yay for the new laundry combo! I hope you get some sleep tonight.

Night all :hug

Hi Ladies,

Mary, Glad your having a nice time with Luke. No surprise he likes his bed.

Judy, The doll is adorable! Lasagna sounds really good. DD makes it when I have it. That's a nice VB bag.

Cindy, How exciting a new baby coming soon. The baby dress is adorable. Glad you could adjust the pattern to your likings. That's a big snowman. We telling Maya she and Mommy need to make a snowman. It hasn't happened yet. Lately they get snow then they get rain so that don't help.

Joanne, What a nice big brother gift. Ryan is going to love it. Nice that all of you could be together for breakfast. That's a nice VB bag. Your knitted kindle cover is really nice. No matter what were learning it's all a process.

Val, Yeah for making some money doing something you love.

Marisa, Hope you enjoyed your weekend home alone.

Sherry, Glad that weather is going to hold off so you can get your surgery. Good thing it's early.

Christy, Hi! What are you crocheting?

Are lunch was yummy! Hubby had leftovers of it and I had leftover venison stir fry. I tried skyping with DD and Maya but it wouldn't go through for me. We were on the phone and are called got lost.She tried for 20 minutes to call me and I was waiting for her on facebook. She thought since I wasn't answering the phone call something might of happened to me. So she called the park office and asked if her Dad was up there and he was (he was playing pool). He came flying home on his bike to find out I was sitting here in my chair on the computer. I turned his phone on to and we both had a text from her to call her but on phone calls registered. I layed hubbies phone by mine and called his and his never rang. I think the pole barn next to us and over cast days plays a big role in are reception. bb

Good evening housemate!

I awakened with a monstrous headache and didn't sleep well either.  I got up for a little while and laid on the bed to watch a little tv only to awaken and it was almost 5pm.

Joanne - I love the print of your new bag and wallet.  Isn't it wonderful when family loves what you handmade them?  Did you plan for the colors to match on the afghans?  Ryan is going to love his big brother toy.  It's nice that it'll last and little brother can play with it as well.  That's sweet of you to make food for DD to freeze.

Mary - I have sooo much yarn...but who knows :D .  I do know that I'll buy some accessories such as buttons, embroidery thread, etc.  Don't tell me Luke drove you to drinking :lol .  What's on your hook?

Sherry - I'm glad you got your newsletter done and that you have someone to mail it for you.  I would think you would have to wear a gown with knee surgery...go figure.  It's nice you were able to get a new laundry combo.  Lifting you up in prayer for tomorrow's surgery and a speedy recovery.

Judy - Lasagna...yum yum.  I've never made lasagna...always buy stouffer, but I've made the baked ziti.

Cindy - That's a huge snowman.  Maybe you'll have a baby soon.  I hope it turns out like my cousin's situation.  They were told it would be a boy and it turned out to be a girl.  What a wonderful surprise that would be!

Marlene - Glad you enjoyed lunch.  I hope reception is fixed soon so you can communicate with DD.

Marisa - I hope you've enjoyed a weekend of alone time.  Everybody needs that sometimes.  Thanks for sending me life on the candy game.  What did you do this weekend?

Good night housemates...

Cute toy, Joanne!!

Cindy - wow, you must have had a lot of snow to make such a huge snowman! I like that you got Sophie (?) in on the pic! I hope DD doesn't have a long labor.

Sherry - yay for the new laundry combo! I hope you get some sleep tonight.

Night all :hug

Yes, that is Sophie, and we do have a lot of snow on the ground. And another winter storm is predicted g

For Tuesday.

Good night everyone, work for me tomorrow.

Val, I hope that headache goes away soon.

Cindy, My son was at the house this weekend and he said there's a foot of snow there.

Linda, Hope your only busy!

I finished one of the ruffle scarves. I'll try and get pics this week of the rr and the scarf.

Have a nice night everyone.

Good morning.  I started this last night and got too sleepy to finish it.  :lol   I've had a long quiet weekend.  Didn't go anywhere after the supper with church couples on Friday night, which was very nice.  I've done some crafting, reading, and watched some TV.  Rosie wanted to just relax this weekend in preparation for three days of early doctor appointments with John, starting today, so I didn't go over there either.  It was okay.  It's very windy, overcast, and chilly today.  I think we are in for more rain.

Hi all,

Went to breakfast and my son-in-law joined us. he didn't get stuck working overnight after all so it was great to all be together. Ryan has a very good appetite first thing in the morning!!!

After that, we came home and I did laundry and worked on the afghan a bit, as well as ordered Ryan a big brother gift. I ordered him http://www.littletikes.com/kids-toys/school-bus-activity-gym since his favorite book and song is wheels on the bus! I got a good deal and free shipping and can't wait to see him playing with it.

DD and Ryan are coming over in a bit and we are heading to the Carter's outlet --she wants to get a special outfit for Robbie to bring him home from the hospital in. 

Judy- I was just thinking about lasagne and voila--you posted that's what you are making for dinner. I'm thinking of making some next weekend- extra batch to give DD to put in her freezer to have on hand for after the baby comes. That and a tray of baked ziti and maybe some eggplant parm.

Sherry- I hope you get to relax a little today and I'm praying for a successful surgery and speedy recovery!!!

That looks like a wonderful bus gymn.  Having some frozen meals on hand will be a great help to DD in the first days home.

Hi everyone. We are having a not so quiet Sunday here. Dd is having some irregular contractions, so we took two of the boys for the day. Dh, dd and oldest ds made this snowman this afternoon.
attachicon.gifimage.jpg

What a wonderful snowman.  Any news on the baby yet?

Hi all!  Getting ready for the big day tomorrow.  I'm soooooo ready for this surgery.  The blizzard isn't supposed to come in until tomorrow night, so I'm going to show up at 5 am and tell them let's get started!!!  Our dryer went out this morning while trying to dry my clothes :(  So after church we went looking at dryers and ended up a set--thanks to youngest DD.  She's helping to buy them (she lives with us).  But the sad thing is they won't come until Thursday.  At least I got my clothes dry, she took them to our work (the church) and dried them this morning while she was watching the nursery.  So now it's time to get the pjs hemmed and the bag packed.  I've got everything I needed on my list )

I'll try to send Joanne a FB message once the drugs wear off :)

Be safe and be warm!

Thinking of you today, Sherry.  Hopefully surgery is over by now and you are either in recovery or back in a room. :hug   :hug   :hug 

Hi Ladies,

Are lunch was yummy! Hubby had leftovers of it and I had leftover venison stir fry. I tried skyping with DD and Maya but it wouldn't go through for me. We were on the phone and are called got lost.She tried for 20 minutes to call me and I was waiting for her on facebook. She thought since I wasn't answering the phone call something might of happened to me. So she called the park office and asked if her Dad was up there and he was (he was playing pool). He came flying home on his bike to find out I was sitting here in my chair on the computer. I turned his phone on to and we both had a text from her to call her but on phone calls registered. I layed hubbies phone by mine and called his and his never rang. I think the pole barn next to us and over cast days plays a big role in are reception. bb

Oh, bother.  It's amazing how much the weather can disrupt reception.  Your leftovers sound yummy.

Have a wonderful day everyone.  :ghug   :manyheart 

Good morning ladies (at least for a little while yet, although by the time I hit the post button it just may be afternoon) :hi

Well, I had a busy weekend!  Friday I cleaned the house, which was just a mess from the painters :(  It took me 4 hours :eek  I didn't do the master bath though or the 2 bedrooms that weren't painted.  Saturday I had a couple patients in the morning, then ran to Sam's and the market to pick up....oddly enough Judy....the fixings for lasagna :lol  which I had previously planned on making Sunday so they or the neighbors wouldn't have to worry about cooking with having to unpack and all.  Then I had a knit the bridge group that I was a little late for and stayed until 4ish.  So when I got home I had something to eat and then made some banana bread :drool  And got the lasagna put together so we would just have to put it in the oven on Sunday :)  I ended up not really sitting down until 9:30 Saturday night as I was doing my laundry in between :sigh  Sunday I slept in, ran to the bread store for a loaf for the week.  Then there was a leader meeting from 1:30-3:30 that I had to leave early because their flight was scheduled to arrive at 3:20.

OK, now it's definitely afternoon because I got sidetracked yet again :shrug

Went to the gym this morning a little later than usual and got here around 11.  Not much else going on though.

Cindy - The baby dress is beautiful :manyheart  Vegetable soup sounds delish and WTG inspiring BIL with weight watcheers :clap  Love the snowman!

Val - I'm addicted to that stinkin game :eek  No problem and thanks for the return favor :lol  Hope your headache is feeling better :hug

Linda - Glad to hear you had a quite weekend for a change :hug

Judy - Love your russian doll :manyheart  How funny that we both made lasagna yesterday, it's a while since I made it and it was a hit :drool

Joanne - The painting is done, aside from 3 bedrooms and the upstairs bath that just wasn't getting done just yet.  I like it and I'd say my least favorite is the powder room with the salmony color.  Their bathroom is a lavendar, it was grape mist on the card and looked a little grayer with a hint of purple to it but on the wall it's quite purple.....as my dad would say....Poor Bean!  :lol  We're working on ideas for making it a little more masculine :think  Great job on the nook cover and awesome school bus for Ryan to play on :yes

Marlene - You just recently lost another post....It has this auto save as your typing, I see it pop up under my window....but I don't know how to retrieve it after the fact :think  Sorry your phones are acting up :hug

Christi - What are dr who gloves?  WTG on the dish cloth :clap

Sherry - Thinking of you and sending prayers with positive energy your way.  I hope the surgery went well....I think it should be done by now :think  I have a remote desktop to get into mine with my ipad :yes  Sorry to hear about your dryer!

Hi House! 

Sherry ~ Thinking of you and hoping you're all settled in your room now. :manyheart   I see you all are under winter storm warnings - I'm glad your DH can be with you!

Cindy ~ What a wonderful snowman!  I hope your DD doesn't have to wait too long now. :c9

Joanne ~ Love the VB pattern!

Marlene ~ WTG on the scarf finish (and the RR!)...looking forward to pictures. :)

Valerie ~ I have way too much yarn, too. :lol   I have about 15 more inches to go on my current scarf. :yes

Hi to everyone at Our House. :ghug

We took Luke home yesterday afternoon and put the house back together. :lol   I've been cleaning and doing laundry all morning and am ready for a break now.  I hope you are all having a good day! :manyheart

Good afternoon Housemates!

My headache is gone!  Thanks for the prayers!

I have laundry to do.  I am procrastinating because our washer had a belt to break and I have to go to the laundromat.  I'll probably wait until Wednesday.  We're getting rain this evening and I want to go in the early am after I drop my last rider off.

I haven't hooked today.  I'll probably pick up something a little later on.  I did go to Walmart.  I picked up some new scissors, washing detergent and a few personal items.

Sherry - Hope your surgery was as success and that you're settled in your room. :hug

Mary - I bet you need some downtime after your busy but fun weekend with Luke.

Thinking of all of you housemates! :ghug

BBL!

Sherry, I'm thinking of you.  Hope you are on the road to recovery by now.

I started a counted cross stitch picture yesterday for my mom for her Mother's Day and birthday gift.  It's a hummingbird with flowers.  I have to take off my glasses to work on it.  Boy has it been a long time since I did one of these.  Feel like I'm going cross-eyed part of the time, but I'm making progress on it, even if it's slow.

Glad your headache is gone now, Val.

Take care all.  :ghug

Valerie ~ Thank goodness your headache is gone. :manyheart   Wish we could just order them to "never come back." :yes   I'm just waiting for my dryer to quit...it's really old and the timer doesn't work. :lol

Linda ~ I love hummingbirds!  Know what you mean about the cross stitch - but I have to use strong reading glasses. ;)

Here are the two Surreybelle scarves finished in the last week or so.  One is RH Soft in Seafoam and the other is TLC in Medium Lake Blue.  And I don't need to describe the other picture. :D

post-10699-0-87859300-1361825532_thumb.jpgpost-10699-0-84157900-1361825559_thumb.jpg

Marisa, great minds think alike! Glad the lasagna came out good! We just finished ours...I make a small pan of it and it's just enough for 2 days for us. You sound ike me -  I thrive on being busy.

Linda, a nice quiet weekend sounds wonderful! We went out to take a drive to Sandy Hook yesterday, but it's still closed to the public after superstorm Sandy and then when we drove down Highway 36 that runs parallel to the ocean we saw so much damage all around...it was very sad. We miss our off season ocean walks.

Mary, I love the colros of the scarves you made! And Luke isn't so little anymore....they can sure leave a trail wherever they go, can't they? :lol

I have a hexagon baby ghan I just finished - and I decided not to donate it. I'll be putting the name of my neighbor's first grandchild on it (born in Jan)....Mabel. The blanket has an old fashioned look and I think compliments the name quite well. I'll post a pic when I finish personalizing it.

Hi, to everyone else....Val, Cindy, Joanne, everyone.

Sherry....hugs! :manyheart

Hello everyone. I'm a grandma again. Luke was born at 6:30 this morning, and weighed 7.5 pounds. Dd looks great already. And yes, that makes 5 grandsons for us. I have a picture on my phone, but I have an awful time posting from it.

I worked today and visited Dd both on my lunch hour and after work. I had a god day at work, steady, but not overwhelming. Dinner was leftover vegetable soup and rolls, so that was quick and easy. ( Lasagna does sound yummy though!)

Linda, I made my mom a hummingbird cross stitch quite a few years ago. It turned out really nice, but it was a challenge to stitch. When mom died, I took it home, but haven't found a place to display it yet.

Marisa, your weekend sounds like it was very busy. Glad Steph and Bean got home safely.

Marlene, I bet there is a foot of snow on the ground here too. It melted some today, but tomorrow is supposed to bring more snow.

Sherry, hope surgery went well, and that your recovery is uneventful.

Mary, I really like your scarves, and I agree with Judy, Luke is growing fast!

Val, so glad that your headache is finally gone. Sorry you need to visit the laundromat to do your laundry. Even though you get it all done at once, that always feels a little like I'm wasting my time.

I'm just settling down for the evening. Probably I'll do a little reading and maybe work on one of my WIPs. Work again tomorrow.

Thank you, Judy and Cindy. :manyheart

Cindy ~ Congratulations, Grandma!  Of course, I love the baby's name. ;)  :c9   I hope Mom and baby are both doing well.

Judy ~ Lasagna sure sounds good!  It's so sad about the NJ coast - it just won't be the same for you guys. Can't wait to see your newest baby 'ghan. :yes

Off to get soup and cornbread on the table.  Have a good evening, everyone. :)

Good evening.  I've added another 10" to the length of John's quilt. 

Wow, Mary!  Luke has really grown!  What a busy little guy.  Your scarves are beautiful. :clap   :clap   :clap 

Cindy, congratulations on another grandbaby!  :clap   :clap   :clap   And another Luke.  :lol   No wonder Mary likes the name.  :lol 

Judy, your afghan sounds wonderful.  Waiting for pictures.  I heard that there was lots and lots of damage to the dunes and beaches from Sandy.  :cry   :cry 

It's super windy out so I'm keeping my trecks out short.  Hope everyone has a good evening and a great night.  :manyheart 

Good evening housemates!

Mary - Your scarves are beautiful.  Luke has really grown and I can tell he loves his bed.

Cindy - Congrats!  I was telling my sister about you and all your grandboys earlier today.  I was hoping you all would get a surprise in the form of a little girl.  Oh well...as long as he's healthy.  I hope baby and mom are doing well.  Is this it for DD or do you think she will try again for a little girl?  I'm glad you can visit while you're at work.  I feel the laundromat is a waste of time as well.  It shoudn't be so bad because I'm bringing them home to dry!

Linda - Be careful...rain is suppose to come tonight and last a little while on tomorrow.  It's very windy outside!

Sherry - Praying for you!

Have a good night housemates...see ya tomorrow!

Judy - Looking forward to seeing pictures of your new baby ghan.  I'm sorry Sandy destroyed your beach area. 

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, Congrats on a new grandson! Glad DD and GS are doing well. Nice that you work at the same hospital so you can easily visit them.

Mary, The scarves are lovely. Luke is getting really big now. He's certainly enjoying his bed.

Judy, Can't wait to see the new afghan. Sorry your not able to do something you enjoy. It's sad all the damage done by hurricanes.

Val, When I use to have to do laundry at the laundry mat I considered it my me time. I always tried to go when it was quite or took something to do if it was busy. Here we have a laundry mat most of us use. So some sit and visit or hangout at the little club house. I go to the little clubhouse to work on the puzzle.

Linda, Glad you had a nice quiet weekend. :clap for adding more to John's quilt. It's been very windy here. Hubby and some guys went golfing today and he said it was terrible. They seen a semi tipped over from the winds and there was another one on the news to. I don't know if these winds are coming yours and Val's way but there very strong winds.

Marisa, Sounds like you had a nice weekend. Glad Steph and Bean made it home safely.

Sherry, Hope your getting some rest and the surgery was easily done. Soon you'll be a different woman and glad you did it according to my neighbor.

Joanne, I hope you were able to go to craft club tonight.

Today I had pt and then I went to the jam session this afternoon. I finished DD ruffle scarf. These scarves take a lot of work with your fingers but they really are a quick project. Next time Michael's has the yarn on sale I'm going to get some more. I seen on facebook tonight www.simplicity.com has 3 patterns to knit them on 3 different looms. I've never knitted on a loom and I brought a small one with me and I think I will try it out.

Will you keep my niece and her husband in your prayers. She had a miscarriage this weekend. Thanks!

Hope everyone has a great tuesday!

Good morning!

I finally made it to craft club last night- and had a great time!! :)

Cindy- Congratulations, Grandma!! And welcome to Luke. :manyheart

Mary- Now gee, I wonder why you like the name Luke? ;)  Great scarves- and love the picture of your Luke!!!

Marlene- I will keep your niece and her husband in my prayers. :hug  Glad to hear you are back to PT. Have fun with the loom!

Judy- It is so sad all the mess that Sandy left behind. A friend of mine went to Seaside on Sunday- and she said it was surreal to be there with no boardwalk. A gal from Craft club said she went to Ocean Grove- the boardwalk is gone, but the town is intact.

Linda, Val, Marisa, Christi, Tam, Michele, and anyone else this tired brain forgot--have a great Tuesday. Time for me to get ready!

Good morning housemates!

Getting ready to do my last dropoff!

It is rainy, windy and very cold here!  The rain is suppose to leave this evening sometimes but the wind and cold will stay.

Joanne - Have a good day in paradise.

Marlene - Lifting your niece and her hubby up in prayer.  I'm glad you got to go to pt.  Looking forward to pictures of your scarves.  We did get wind yesterday and now we have rain to go with it.  It will be cold and breezy for several days!!!

Cindy, Judy, Marisa, Linda, Sherry, Tam, Michelle, Christi & Mary...thinking of you guys!

Have a teriffic Tuesday housemates.

BBL!

Good morning ladies :hi

Well, I'm here early but I was actually late :(  I apparently turned my alarm off without realizing it even went off and I woke up minutes before 8 when I had an 8:00 patient scheduled! :eek  So, I literally threw on clothes and ran out the door....called her from the car, but she had already left :sigh  I am so angry with myself, I can't believe I did that!  We rescheduled her for Thursday at the same time so I'll set 2 alarms!!!!  So when I got here I made my breakfast and washed my face :lol  I'm debating running back home now to get some food for throughout the day since I didn't have time to grab lunch on my way out the door and with my knit the bridge group coming tonight, I'll be here until 9.  I'm quite disgruntled :(

Mary - Love the scarves and Luke is such a cutie pie :yes  Did you finish your cleaning yesterday?

Val - I don't enjoy the laundromat either, but take a project or a book with you and the time will fly by.....and be productive to boot :yes

Linda - You're moving right along on John's quilt :h5  Have fun with your cross stitch....it's a really long time since I've worked one of those :think

Judy - Hmmm, a small lasagna :think  I have the problem (inherited from my mom) that I don't really know how to cook small :shrug  5 of us ate from the lasagna on Sunday and then 3 of us had leftovers yesterday, and I think Steph had it for lunch yesterday too.  And there's' still 2/3 of the pan :eek  I think it's a great idea to give your baby ghan to Mabel :manyheart

Cindy - Congrats grams! :yay:cheer:clap:jumpyay:bounce:woo  Now we have 2 Lukes 'in' our house :manyheart  Glad to hear work was steady and you're able to visit dd on your break.

Marlene - Those ruffle scarves are super cute....I keep thinking of doing one myself, but haven't taken the plunge yet with all my other WIPs :lol  Prayers for your niece and her dh :hug

Joanne - :yay for making it to craft club finally!!!

Good Morning, everyone. :)   The winds are incredible here, too!  Last night, they were clocked at 50 mph, but aren't nearly as strong this morning.

Thank you so much for the compliments - on the scarves and Luke! :D   He's a cutie and just beginning to have a little attitude once in a while. :lol

Marlene ~ Prayers being sent for your niece and her DH. :hug  

Joanne ~ Yay for finally being able to get to Craft Club!

I have an 8:45 dental appt. - better get ready.  Hi to ALL of you and I'll check in later. :manyheart

Archived