Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning!

Cindy - That's sweet of little sister to go and spend time with big sister and baby.  Will you be able to do any hooking after you finish your chores and errands?

I'm going to make hats today!  I'll probably count squares and see what I need to make in order to finish the blankets!

Have a Terrific Thursday to all my housemate :ghug .

BBL!

Good morning peeps!

Linda, I hope you feel better today - you mentioned feeling cold yesterday. Maybe the nap helped??

Valerie ~ Your plan sounds great!  Are you going to advertise?  So far, "word of mouth" seems to work really well for you. :yes  I made 3 of the baby ginghams and still have one. :lol  As long as DD's friends are still having little ones, I love keeping baby 'ghans on hand. :)I've been wanting to keep ghans on hand, too, but I can barely keep up witht he fertility explosion around here, between new moms and grandmoms!

Judy ~ Looking forward to seeing your next finishes!Me, too! I picked a granny esign so my friend can hep outwith it....otherwise it would have been a different look. It'll ikely be along the lines of a gingham like Val is working on!

I started another scarf this afternoon.  Can you tell I'm avoiding taxes as long as possible? :DMy taxes are collatd finally - but no word from our accountant as to when he'll stop by!

Joanne, Poor little Ryan - tough when little ones get colds - I remember trying to teach DS how to blow his nose...LOL!

Off I go - BBL!

Good morning ladies :hi

Well, I was here today at 7:45! :clap  Then after my patient I read through the posts, but didn't take notes while I ate breakfast and then my new patient came :yay  I have to run a backup copy of my quick books over to the prospective accountant I might use, they offered to take a look at that and give me a quote...something they don't usually do but since I asked what they charge, they offered to do that for me.  After the guy I used last year, I feel like he charged way too much and didn't even file my school district tax to boot :sigh  So I wanted to know upfront what I was looking at :yes

Not sure if I'll be in at all tomorrow :think  I'm picking my aunt up at the airport in the morning just before 9 and then she has to go back at about 2:30 with her grandsons, so I'm thinking I probably won't worry about coming in at all since it would be about 4 until I got here anyways with the traffic at that hour :shrug

I hope everyone's doing well :hug

I forgot to renew my bedtime antidepresent/sleep aid so didn't get a lot of sleep last night.  I dozed for a while and then was awake a while, repeat cycle, repeat cycle.  Must remember to do that today.  Needless to say I'm not real chipper this morning.  One of the upstairs tenants is moving out today, so it's rather noisy.  It's also overcast and cold.  To top it off I think I've caught another cold.  I will be soooo glad when warm weather arrives.

BBL

I forgot to renew my bedtime antidepresent/sleep aid so didn't get a lot of sleep last night.  I dozed for a while and then was awake a while, repeat cycle, repeat cycle.  Must remember to do that today.  Needless to say I'm not real chipper this morning.  One of the upstairs tenants is moving out today, so it's rather noisy.  It's also overcast and cold.  To top it off I think I've caught another cold.  I will be soooo glad when warm weather arrives.

BBL

did you get the meds??

Good morning ladies :hi

Well, I was here today at 7:45! :clap  Then after my patient I read through the posts, but didn't take notes while I ate breakfast and then my new patient came :yay  I have to run a backup copy of my quick books over to the prospective accountant I might use, they offered to take a look at that and give me a quote...something they don't usually do but since I asked what they charge, they offered to do that for me.  After the guy I used last year, I feel like he charged way too much and didn't even file my school district tax to boot :sigh  So I wanted to know upfront what I was looking at :yessmart thinking!

Not sure if I'll be in at all tomorrow :think  I'm picking my aunt up at the airport in the morning just before 9 and then she has to go back at about 2:30 with her grandsons, so I'm thinking I probably won't worry about coming in at all since it would be about 4 until I got here anyways with the traffic at that hour :shrugsafe traveling......

I hope everyone's doing well :hug

LOL- Some help, Judy!!! I had to chuckle at this picture!!!!

Linda- hope you are not getting sick again- and that you got your meds today!

Cindy- How's DD feeling and how is little Luke doing?

Mary, Marlene, Val, Marisa and everyone~~~hope you all have a wonderful evening!

I'll be heading to bed early tonight.  And yes, I did get my meds today.  Made a bank and grocery run too.  It is COLD!!! out there tonight.  It was only 37* when I went to prayer shawl group and it's colder now.  I need some hot weather to bake all these bugs out of my system.   I'm going to have some hot tea while watching 'Project Runway' which should help.  I even put on pantyhose to get another layer on my legs.  :lol 

Judy, were your helpers helpful?  :D 

Hi Ladies,

Judy, The baby ghan is beautiful! I love the colors! Were the furbabies the taste testers?

Linda, Hope your feeling better real soon. The loom knitting is really easy, but I won't be doing the ruffle scarf on it. I don't like it at all. It's flat, no fluff to it at all. The ruffle scarves I did I went into the second row of holes and every other hole at the end of my rows I chained one, skipping a hole before I did the chain one. I did 5 sts across, ch 1, turn. It takes several inches before it gets easier. Finding your stitches can be a little hard at first. I used a J hook to. Hope that helps you.

Your moving right along on John's quilt. Glad he's improving.

Joanne, Thanks for the updates on Sherry. I hope she's home shortly. Each day will be a little easier for her to. Poor Ryan having a cold. It's not fun having the little ones being sick.

Cindy, DS told me yesterday we got another 8-9 inches on top of the foot we already had. Glad DD and Luke are doing good. The boys are probably all excited about a new baby in the house. I came from a family of 8 and being the oldest I didn't want a big family. Good for DD and her hubby for wanting a big family.

Val, It sounds like you have a plan for your projects to do and your wip ones. It was cool here today and tonight will be 39 again. But tomorrow will warm nicely.

Marisa, Sorry you over slept. But your patient rescheduled so it worked out. DD has an alarm clock that has 2 alarms on it. She got it while in high school. She never was an early morning person, but that has changed with Maya going to school and she has some mornings she has to be at work at 7 for a meeting. Great news your starting to cover the office expenses. It won't be long and you'll need to hire help.

Mary, Sorry about the cracked filling. Hope it doesn't give you any problems. :clap for the new yarn.

I came on here earlier tonight, but they called and asked me to come fill in and play hand and foot. Earlier today I played bunko. That was fun! Today at pt another patient came in and I was forgotten about. I was laying on the table getting my traction. After 5 minutes after the bell rang I took the strap off my head and sit up. That got there attention. The strap is only on by velcro. The other day she left me there for a couple of minutes because she was busy. I'm beginning to think the receptionist needs a refresher on sitting the appts up. I'm on that table for 20 minutes and while laying on it I have the most pain that I get and numbing of my hand. All that were doing isn't taking that away, even though my hand, my back and shoulders are getting stronger. I moved my laptop to the table instead of being on a tv tray. This way my arm is extended instead of being bent. I'm hoping this helps.

Well it's getting late, so I'm heading to bed. Have a great friday everyone!

Hi to all the ladies who haven't been around lately.

Good morning Housemates!

I got the face on the sock monkey hat completed!  I should have made the tie strings a little bit longer.  All in all, I think it turned out out.  I also did 1 baby rain boot.  It did not turn out too good.  I didn't crochet tight enough.  I enjoyed trying and I'm looking forward to making a perfect pair.

Judy - I love the picture of your helpers!  The kitchen looks beautiful too.  Did you have to share your chili with them?

Marlene -  It does sound like the staff need re-training.

Joanne - I hope Ryan is feeling better.  I hate it when little ones get sick.  They can't always tell you how they feel.

Linda - It is suppose to get into the 20s on Saturday and Sunday mornings.  Be careful.  I'm glad you were able to get your meds and run a few errands.  It is very cold in Georgia and the wind is whipping.

Mary - Will you see Luke this weekend?

Marisa - Good for you getting to work on time.  I hope you get a deal on your taxes.  It's sweet of you to pick your aunt up from the airport.  Enjoy your day off with your family.

Cindy - Do you work today?

Sherry - I hope all is well and you're on the mend!  Lifting you up in prayer!

Michelle & Tam...hello!

Have a fabulous Friday housemates!

BBL

hi ladies!

Linda, stay warm!!!

Cindy, glad to hear that DD and Luke are doing well!

And the pups were hoping for some of the beef...finished chili is a no-no, of course, because of the spices...  Miss Lucy decided to stretch out completely, so I couldn't evenget to the trash can under the sink. SHe was giving me such beggoing looks. When I make chicken soup I have to put a kitchen stool in front of the stove because she likes to jump up and check out stuff!

Got up late today - off I go. A food store run this morning and none of us have had breakfast yet.

I'm on my phone at dd's - my mom is failing quickly and dd wanted to see her. Not a good place to take the boys. Just wanted to check in and using the phone isn't fun. Lol

Good day, all.  Boy did I ever zonk out last night!  The meds did their work and I slept lng and well making up for the night before.  As Val said, it's cold and windy again today.  I dug out my winter coat yesterday.

Hi Ladies,

Linda, Hope your feeling better real soon. The loom knitting is really easy, but I won't be doing the ruffle scarf on it. I don't like it at all. It's flat, no fluff to it at all. The ruffle scarves I did I went into the second row of holes and every other hole at the end of my rows I chained one, skipping a hole before I did the chain one. I did 5 sts across, ch 1, turn. It takes several inches before it gets easier. Finding your stitches can be a little hard at first. I used a J hook to. Hope that helps you.

Thanks for the tips.  I'll try them out. 

Your moving right along on John's quilt. Glad he's improving.

He's starting to complain about more normal things, which is good.

I came on here earlier tonight, but they called and asked me to come fill in and play hand and foot. Earlier today I played bunko. That was fun! Today at pt another patient came in and I was forgotten about. I was laying on the table getting my traction. After 5 minutes after the bell rang I took the strap off my head and sit up. That got there attention. The strap is only on by velcro. The other day she left me there for a couple of minutes because she was busy. I'm beginning to think the receptionist needs a refresher on sitting the appts up. I'm on that table for 20 minutes and while laying on it I have the most pain that I get and numbing of my hand. All that were doing isn't taking that away, even though my hand, my back and shoulders are getting stronger. I moved my laptop to the table instead of being on a tv tray. This way my arm is extended instead of being bent. I'm hoping this helps.

Well it's getting late, so I'm heading to bed. Have a great friday everyone!

Hi to all the ladies who haven't been around lately.

I hate it when things like that happen.  They are supposed to be on top of everything and sometimes they seem to be flaked out.  I've had twice where the PT was making things worse rather than better.  Both times they gave me exercises to do at home and just had me come back in for the ending assessment.  Both times I had made more progress than they expected me to get going to therapy.  Go figure!

Good morning Housemates!

I got the face on the sock monkey hat completed!  I should have made the tie strings a little bit longer.  All in all, I think it turned out out.  I also did 1 baby rain boot.  It did not turn out too good.  I didn't crochet tight enough.  I enjoyed trying and I'm looking forward to making a perfect pair.

Joanne - I hope Ryan is feeling better.  I hate it when little ones get sick.  They can't always tell you how they feel.

I agree.  It's frustrating for the adults trying to figure out what's wrong and frustating for the little one who can't tell them what hurts.

BBL

I'm doing my best to stay warm and safe.

I'm on my phone at dd's - my mom is failing quickly and dd wanted to see her. Not a good place to take the boys. Just wanted to check in and using the phone isn't fun. Lol

:hug   Sorry about your mom failing, but it seems like this has been coming for a while.  Praying for all of you.  :hug 

Take care everyone.  BBL :hug 

Mary - I'm so sorry about your mom.  I'm glad that DD got a chance to go see her.  Lifting you all up in prayer!  We're here for you when you need us :hug .

Judy - I'm not surprise about Lucy trying to check out the top of the stove.

Linda - I'm glad you're taking care of "YOU".  Glad the medicine worked for you!

Hope the rest of you 'Mates are doing well!

Hi everyone. Very busy day at work, and by the end of it, I just plain did not feel well. I am achy and have a sore throat, so tonight is going to be a sit by the fire night.

Mary, so sorry to hear about your mom.

Cindy, stay cozy :hug

Marlene, have you thought of seeing a chiropractor instead of a PT? My son's treatments help me.

Linda, you really have Southern blood! Stay warm.

Val, Lucy uses her back legs like we humans do!

I've been making the squares I need for one of my baby ghans and after I meet up with my friend to show her the granny square again I think I'll make this one a baby gingham. I like the look better than the big squares, esp since the blues are soft colors, not vivid.

Have a good night, my friends.

Hi all.  Thank you so much for the hugs. :manyheart   It's definitely not unexpected - the Dr. is very caring and talks to my Dad almost daily.  If she should start eating something, she could hang in there for a while.  Almost 5 hours with Luke and Zach left Grammy a little tired. :lol   It seems that Zach has decided to take shorter "power" naps...he just doesn't want to miss anything. :)   He seldom cries, and has the sweetest smile and laughter...quite the little charmer. ;)

I haven't read back through posts yet, but I did see Judy and her sous chefs! :D  What a great picture!

Hugs to you Mary- glad that you were able to let DD go see your Mom- and I'm not surprised that you are tuckered out. I'm wondering how it will be to watch two young grandchildren- although I had three daughters within 4 years and did just fine--of course I was a gazilion years younger!

Cindy- Feel better!!!

Judy- New yarn store opening up on 34 in Colts Neck- Chelsea Yarns  --by Perkins--before Delicious Orchards. So now when I make a DO run I'll be stopping there to check it out! Excited to see it!

Linda- Glad you got your meds and were able to sleep---stay cozy!

Val- Good for you finishing up the monkey faces!!

Sherry messaged me that she was going home today!

Off to go work on the blanket. We're in March now- so it could be any day!!! 

Speaking of March--Happy Crochet Month!

Archived