Our House Part Two

JulieKay

'morning, peeps!

Joanne, that x st piece sounds great! Funny, but as I was starting the coffee this morning I was thinking about a x st piece I started for a friend of mine....too many years ago to count! I feel like getting back to it - she needs the cheering up, and when the saltines get boring I'll have a fallback project.

I'm glad the weather has improved, so DD won't have to worry about delivering in a snowstorm!

The bearghan I'm going to make is getting a color change. I'll still have the primary colors bordering it, but he bear is going to be fuschia pink - a bright pink bear is how the mom to be announced the gender of the newest addition to her own mom. When I suggested it the g'ma leaped at the idea! Too cute! I'll dress her in a purple vest and lighter purple bow tie, which is the outfit the pattern has the bear dressed in.

Have a good day everyone!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning. It's gloomy here with the possibility of rain in the forecast, it's better than snow, but it will be a muddy mess if it rains.

I'm finally feeling a lot better. I felt okay yesterday afternoon, and spent a few hours polishing my kitchen cupboards. They are 35 years old, and they are still in very good shape, but the dryness of winter really does a number on them. We are planning to remodel our kitchen this year, but this far we are unable to agree on cabinets. Well, that's not technically true, we both saw some custom made cabinets that we liked, but the price is outrageous. Dh is okay with the price, but I'm not. We're going to check out Ikea's cabinets soon. A friend of a friend got cabinets there and is really pleased with them. The pice is right and I hear they have a 25 year warranty on them. And I notice that they have cabinets similar to the ones we both liked.

Of course that polishing means that I did not waste my time on stuff lie laundry or cleaning bathrooms, so I should probably think about doing that today. There are more cabinets to polish as well.

Judy, that is a really sweet baby hat. The bear ghan is going to be great in those colors.

Joanne, hoping your new grandson puts in an appearance soon.

Linda, sounds like John's quilt is coming along.

Good morning, Mary, Val, Marisa, Julie, Tam, and everyone else

Sherry, hope you are sleeping better.

Good morning ladies :hi

Well, I came in yesterday but never got around to posting :sigh  It was one of those busy days where you're running all day and at the end of the day you're still not sure you actually got anything accomplished :think  I have a new patient coming this morning and should be here any minute so when she does I'll post up whatever I have and then finish after.  She's 14 weeks pregnant :manyheart

We went out to the Elks last night for the fish fry and Bean's sister and her dh came with us (not Ingrid, but the one we don't see very often).

Cindy - Glad to hear your finally starting to feel better :hug  I love the new boots and good idea to look at IKEA for cabinets :yes

Marlene - Sounds like a good day at the oyster festival :clap  I think I have Cindy's baby blanket in the works in baby blue....I think I'm going to pass it off to Steph to continue for the neighbors baby since she still hasn't started anything and continues to claim she wants to make a blanket :shrug  This is started and it's an easy pattern :yes

Linda - Mmmm, bean soup sounds delish :drool  I love that movie, Grumpy Old Men....it's surely one to make you laugh every time :yes

Joanne - I hope you got your cleaning done before getting your nails done :yes  I love the sound of your new x-stitch....you should take a pic :devil

Val - Did you hit 62 degrees yesterday?  We're supposed to hit 50 today, which is higher than the 30 we've been at.

To be continued.......

I'm back....

I did my initial exam and adjustment and now my patient his happily laying on the traction table :yes

Mary - How cute that Luke combed his own hair, and I love that dd asked you to tell us :manyheart  WTG on your scarves!  How's dad doing?

Judy - The baby hat is super cute :manyheart  Sorry your neighbor didn't get the hang of the saltines, but at least she gave it a go :yes  Happy birthday to Lucy :birthday and I hope you can get Sparkie's issue under control :hug  The bear ghan sounds perfect!

JULIE - We've missed you!!!!!  Like Judy, I almost :faint when I saw your post.  Don't even worry about anything you've missed, just move forward :yes  They did just remodel in here quite recently and it took a little bit of getting used to at first :lol  Sorry to hear you've been sick with pneumonia :hug  But, I know Cam will make you laugh :lol  It's so great to have you back :ghug

Good morning housemates!

Judy - your hat is pretty!  I'm excited about you pink bear afghan...looking forward pictures.  I hopeSparkie is okay.  :birthday  belated to Lucy! 

Joanne - Have a great day pampering yourself.  You deserve.  Your xstitch sound nice.  Like Marisa said, picture.

Linda - Grumpy Old Men is one of my favorite movies.  It looks like we're going to have another pretty day.

Marisa - Yes, we actually got up to 65.  We're suppose to have a beautiful weekend in the high 60s.  Good for you getting another new customer.

Cindy - I'm glad you're feeling better.  What do you have planned for this weekend?

Mary - Yes, I'm still on baby stuff.  I want to try Cindy's booties.  I'm not that good when you have to go to the other side of the change when working up the bottom.

Tam, Sherry and the rest of the gang hi.

Have a super Saturday all.

BBL!

Hi, again.  They were showing 'Grumpier Old Men' after 'Grumpy Old Men', so just had to watch that one too.  They are both such good movies and I laughed a lot.

Here's a picture of John's quilt.  It's 60" by 80" at this point.   And the little version of 'The Painted Desert' quiltghn.  I gave it to the family that took care of Sweet Pea when I was visiting DD and DGS over the holidays.

post-9295-0-47777200-1362856623_thumb.jpg  post-9295-0-63440200-1362856640_thumb.jpg

Good morning!

The sun looks like it's going to come out- and I bet that a lot of the snow will be gone later on with the expected warmer temps!

Linda- When you mentioned a cross stitch- forgot to tell you that I commissioned a gal at work to make me a cross stitch that says "sometimes you just have to let it go' with a picture of a balloon- she brought it in on Thursday! I have it hanging right where I can see it--to remind me that sometimes you just have to let the small stuff go!  I admire anyone that can do cross stitch!

I wish you all a wonderful Saturday!

That sounds like an adorable cross-stitch picture.  I've got most of one big flower and one big leaf done on mine.

'morning, peeps!

Joanne, that x st piece sounds great! Funny, but as I was starting the coffee this morning I was thinking about a x st piece I started for a friend of mine....too many years ago to count! I feel like getting back to it - she needs the cheering up, and when the saltines get boring I'll have a fallback project.

I'm glad the weather has improved, so DD won't have to worry about delivering in a snowstorm!

The bearghan I'm going to make is getting a color change. I'll still have the primary colors bordering it, but he bear is going to be fuschia pink - a bright pink bear is how the mom to be announced the gender of the newest addition to her own mom. When I suggested it the g'ma leaped at the idea! Too cute! I'll dress her in a purple vest and lighter purple bow tie, which is the outfit the pattern has the bear dressed in.

Have a good day everyone!

I love the sound of the bearghan.  So cute and perfect for a little girl.

Good morning. It's gloomy here with the possibility of rain in the forecast, it's better than snow, but it will be a muddy mess if it rains.
Muddy is right!

I'm finally feeling a lot better. I felt okay yesterday afternoon, and spent a few hours polishing my kitchen cupboards. They are 35 years old, and they are still in very good shape, but the dryness of winter really does a number on them. We are planning to remodel our kitchen this year, but this far we are unable to agree on cabinets. Well, that's not technically true, we both saw some custom made cabinets that we liked, but the price is outrageous. Dh is okay with the price, but I'm not. We're going to check out Ikea's cabinets soon. A friend of a friend got cabinets there and is really pleased with them. The pice is right and I hear they have a 25 year warranty on them. And I notice that they have cabinets similar to the ones we both liked.

Of course that polishing means that I did not waste my time on stuff lie laundry or cleaning bathrooms, so I should probably think about doing that today. There are more cabinets to polish as well.

Sounds like a great idea on the cabinets.  I'm so glad that you are doing better.  Don't overdo it.

Linda, that was nice of you to give the ghan to the dog sitting friends! And John's quilt is really moving along!

Thanks for the complitments on the baby hat - I'll bring it by their house tomorrow - along with some yarn and my tapestry needle in case I need to make some adjustments! Getting the fit right is why I rarely make wearables. It does look pretty, though :)

Hi House.  I hope you all are having a good Saturday!

Judy ~ The hat is adorable! A belated Happy Birthday to Miss Lucy. :cake   Gracie will be 4 tomorrow...our girls are growing up too fast. :lol

Linda ~ The quilt is stunning! :cheer  I know John will treasure it.  The Painted Desert turned out so pretty! 

Marisa ~ Thanks for asking about dad - he's doing pretty well,  but isn't ready to talk to people besides his kids yet.  After almost 74 years of marriage,  he may never bounce back all the way. :no

Joanne ~ DD had a pedicure the day before she went into labor with Luke...so now her friends have a pedicure when their due date is close. :lol   Maybe your DD needs a pedicure? !  ;) 

Hi to those I've missed - my eyes are tired from doing our taxes.  They're done except for the final copy...no rush on that since we owe quite a bit. :rolleyes  DH didn't take SS until he turned 67 and since he's still working,  we're stuck! 

Take care and I'll check in later. :manyheart

Linda, the quilt and the ghan are beautiful.  It's nice of you to give the ghan away.  I bet the family was grateful.

Mary - I'm glad your dad is doing okay.  I know it's hard for him.  My dad never got over my mom and 2 years ago when he was on his death bed, he asked if it was okay to go to her because he missed her.  His current wife was out of the room.  I think he remarried thinking he would have what he had with my mom and he ended up regretting the marriage.  Lifting you and your family up in prayer.

:cake Happy early Birthday to Miss Gracie!

BBL!

Mary, they are growing up too fast! Happy birthday to Miss Gracie! Will she be getting a special treat for her day?

Hi Ladies,

Julie, Sorry you had pneumonia and was hospitalized. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Hard to believe Cam is going to be 11. We got a puppy. Her name is Daisy. She is a Rat Terrier. She traveled really well, I hope she does on the trip home to since she is a little older now. We just love her. You have been missed here. It doesn't matter to us that you don't crochet any more. Your are friend and we can chat about anything. :manyheart

Cindy, Glad your feeling better. Those booties are adorable. Thanks for the link. Good luck on the cupboard shopping.

Mary, Cute story Luke trying to teach Zach all about dinosaurs and trucks. Your poor Dad is going to be so lost without your Mom. It's wonderful that they had almost 72 years.

Judy, Hope Sparkie feels better soon. Happy Birthday to Lucy. That's a pretty pink baby hat. The bearghan is going to be adorable.

Linda, Johns quilt is stunning! Your doing an awesome job on it. Your so talented. The painted desert ghan is really nice and a lot of work. I bet the people you gave it to love it. I love watching Grumpy Old Man and Grumpier Old Man.

Joanne, I hope DD delivers soon. My brother and my cousins birthdays are 3/14.  The counted cross stitch piece sounds cute. Hope you got out to get a pedicure today.

Marisa, :clap another patient! We like to go to fish frys.

Val, I hope warmer weather is on it's way to you and Linda soon. I hope your not getting arthiritis in your hands.

Michelle, Happy Belated Birthday! Hope you had a nice day.

We had a long day today. We started at 8:30 this morning and was done a little after 4. Everyone had a nice time until we had an accident. We had are pond party out on the new pavilion and after dinner they had golf cart races. We have a lady here who has alzheimer's disease and she knocked one of are deep fryers over. Luckily the grease had been cooling off for awhile, but I know she still got burnt. Her husband seen it happen and why he allowed her to go near there I don't know. Other than he doesn't watch her very well at all. I told them we need to put her hand in ice. That's what I was told to do with second and third degree burns when I was burnt deep frying a taco salad shell at work. Some guy said put egg on it and I said no way. We have a nurse right across the street and she came over just added water to the ice. We had already called for an ambulance, which the husband didn't want. He told one friend not to call them but someone else already had. They took her to the hospital. Tomorrow I'm going to go check on her. Many people were upset with him for not going with her in the ambulance. We told him we would come and get them. On my way home I was stopped and asked who the ambulance took out. I told him who. This guy plays Santa here.  He told me one time this husband came to him and asked if he had seen his wife she was missing and he couldn't find her. Santa said the man showed very little concern. Santa is kiddy corner from them and he said he watch her. Before we got here the sheriff brought her back from town. He said when they go home he is going to look for a place for them to live at so they can still be together but he can get some help with her. I hope he does, she deserves more.

I had a new great niece born this morning. Sophie May, she weighed 5lbs 6ozs. Can't wait to see her.

I tried skyping with the kids tonight and it wouldn't work. So tomorrow were going to DQ or McDonalds and try skyping. I take my tablet. Are connection here isn't very good and there is only two of us on it.

Be back tomorrow. Hope everyone has a nice sunday!

Hi, peeps!

Marlene, congrats on the great neice! I  hope the Skype connection works for you. And it sounds like that guy needs help with his wife - he seems to be at the point where he's either burned out - or just plain exhausted from watching her every minute.

I brought the blanket over to Mabel yesterday and her mom let me hold her ....omg, so cute!  She's 2 months old and sleeps through the night already. She was so content when I held her. Mom's college friends were over too, so she'd already been passed around. It was a wonderful moment...and of course both of my furbabies checked me out very carefully when I came home :lol

No call yesterday about Sparkie's blood test...I would have been surprised had it come that fast. I would guess we'll hear on Monday.

I worked on the saltine baby ghan yesterday.Starting to sew the squares together for the second row.

Hi, to everyone....thinking of you, particularly,Mary. :hug

Good Morning, House.  It's time for me to start whining about Daylight Saving Time again. :D:lol  Thank you for your hugs, prayers and of course Gracie's Birthday wishes. :manyheart   We had thunderstorms last night, but it's cool and sunny this a.m.

Judy ~ Aww, how fun to hold little Mabel and see her mom's friends, too. :c9   I know she will always cherish the blanket!  What is the square count so far? ;)   I hope Sparkie's labs come back tomorrow - with good results. :hug

Marlene ~ Congratulations on a new great niece!  So sorry about your neighbor's accident...I sure hope her DH will learn more about her condition and find good care for her!

Hi Valerie ~ Did you have to chauffeur this a.m.? :)   Is this Spring Break for your gn?

Joanne ~ Thinking about your DD and hoping all is well. :manyheart  

I finished another scarf and started one in Bernat Satin Denim...this one is the Shelly pattern.  Definitely on a scarf kick again! :lol

Time for me to get busy again.  Have a great morning, everyone!

Good afternoon Housemates!

Judy - I'm glad you got to visit with the baby.  I hope all is well with Sparkie's blood work.

Marlene - Congrats on the new addition to your family.  Is there the possibility that the woman's husband might not be well himself?  Lifting them up in prayer.  I hope you get to skype with the kids today.

Mary - GN spring break begins with the Easter weekend.  I only had to drop off the DNep.  DNei is off every Sunday.  WTG on finishing another scarf...pictures...

Wishing all the housemates a super Sunday.

BBL!

Mary, I'll join you in your gripe about Day Light Savings Time.  If they really want to move everytime forward, just do it for the whole year instead of upsetting everyone's schedules twice a year.

It's more like spring today.  The temp is warm and there's some sun.  Of course, it's supposed to be back to being cold tomorrow.  :P 

Happy Birthday to Lucy and Gracie.  :cake 

Linda, Johns quilt is stunning! Your doing an awesome job on it. Your so talented. The painted desert ghan is really nice and a lot of work.  In every block there are 4 quad-colored squares.  Am I nuts or what?   I bet the people you gave it to love it.   It got lots of ooo's ahhh's.  I love watching Grumpy Old Man and Grumpier Old Man.

We had a long day today. We started at 8:30 this morning and was done a little after 4. Everyone had a nice time until we had an accident. We had are pond party out on the new pavilion and after dinner they had golf cart races. We have a lady here who has alzheimer's disease and she knocked one of are deep fryers over. Luckily the grease had been cooling off for awhile, but I know she still got burnt. Her husband seen it happen and why he allowed her to go near there I don't know. Other than he doesn't watch her very well at all. I told them we need to put her hand in ice. That's what I was told to do with second and third degree burns when I was burnt deep frying a taco salad shell at work. Some guy said put egg on it and I said no way. We have a nurse right across the street and she came over just added water to the ice. We had already called for an ambulance, which the husband didn't want. He told one friend not to call them but someone else already had. They took her to the hospital. Tomorrow I'm going to go check on her. Many people were upset with him for not going with her in the ambulance. We told him we would come and get them. On my way home I was stopped and asked who the ambulance took out. I told him who. This guy plays Santa here.  He told me one time this husband came to him and asked if he had seen his wife she was missing and he couldn't find her. Santa said the man showed very little concern. Santa is kiddy corner from them and he said he watch her. Before we got here the sheriff brought her back from town. He said when they go home he is going to look for a place for them to live at so they can still be together but he can get some help with her. I hope he does, she deserves more.

Alzheimer's is such a hard disease to deal with.

I had a new great niece born this morning. Sophie May, she weighed 5lbs 6ozs. Can't wait to see her.

Congratulations!

I tried skyping with the kids tonight and it wouldn't work. So tomorrow were going to DQ or McDonalds and try skyping. I take my tablet. Are connection here isn't very good and there is only two of us on it.

Be back tomorrow. Hope everyone has a nice sunday!

Hi all,

We went out to breakfast with DD and Ryan- and then they came here for a little while so that SIL would have quiet - he got stuck working a double shift and has to be back again today @2. Planning to head over around 3 and go for a walk with DD.

DH and I went furniture shopping and ordered a new leather sofa and 2 rocker recliners for the living room.  Finally going to get rid of the uncomfortable furniture in the living room!!!  When we both sat on the sofa we knew it was the one. It just felt 'right'!  And the rocker -recliners- oh so comfortable!!! The sofa allso reclines on both ends. Can you tell that we like to 'put our feet up"? :lol

Dryer just went off- so time to fold and put the next load in.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone--and I'll agree with those of you experiencing daylight savings time---I don't like it! Just leave the clocks alone all year! :lol

Mary, I stopped just making a pile of squares and instead are making them as I need them to complete a row. The exception: the first day I made over 50 solid blues. Right now I'm nearly finished attaching the squares for the  second row.

Hi All!  Just a quick hello.  I'm able to get at the computer desk now and I'm able to sign in remote to my office computer.  Not sure what they did the first day of my being out of the office but they messed up my computer :(   At least my IT guy has it fixed to get in and do some of my work.  I'm only doing the most important things--like payroll and paying bills.  One more week on the machine that makes my leg moved up and down--be glad when that is over.  I'm getting around really well, doing all my exercises and the machine.

DH and I decided no more pain meds.  After my horrible experience with loratab, we opted not to get any more pain meds.  I'm able to sleep more (at least most of the night without nightmares and panic attacks) and the tylenol seems to be doing ok for my pain.  Not sure my dr will approve but I just can't handle the side effects.  I get the staples out on Thursday!!! 

Today is really cold -- has been in the 60's.  Such crazy weather here. 

May have DH get me one of my small crochet projects and see if I can do some this week while on that machine. 

Everyone have a great Sunday!  Hugs to all!!

Sherry!  I'm so glad you're doing well. :clap   I can't handle pain meds either, so I can sure sympathize.  :hug

Phyllis ~ Hi! I hope you're doing well. :)   All of your hats are wonderful!

Judy ~ Great progress on the baby 'ghan! :cheer

Joanne ~ How fun to get new furniture - I know you'll enjoy it!

Hi Linda and Val!

Nice work, phyllis!

Sherry, tylenol does seem better for me too. Hook time will be nice.

I like this part of DST..the way the evenings are so light :)

But they really should keep it this way, and i know our furples would appreciate it!

Final Evening checking in!

Joanne - congrats on new furniture.  My sister wants new furniture too. 

Judy - wow, you're moving right along with that baby ghan.

Phyllis - those are lovely hats.  Are they acrylic or cotton?

Sherry - good to hear from you and that mending is coming along.

Mary - hello!

I'm with everybody else on this DST.  But like Judy, I do like the evening light.  I hate that it's dark when the kids go to school in the mornings. 

I worked on the facing and small details of the diaper cover/hat sets today.  I still have to purchase some more buttons for the eyes and fastening and I'm done.  I want to try a Mickey & Minnie set.

Have a good might all! :ghug 

Good morning!

I guess I should clarify my statement on the Daylight Savings time-- I love that it is light later on in the day! But I just wish we didn't have to lose an hour of sleep to accomplish that!

Went for a wonderful long walk yesterday afternoon and since GS fell asleep in the stroller, we sat outside and let him sleep and she read her Nook and I crocheted for a bit. Definitely felt good to spend time outside with hook in hand!

Today is my middle DD's birthday, but we'll celebrate on Saturday when she and her BF come over. I may see what she is doing later on and maybe meet her somewhere and take her out to eat tonight.

Phyllis- love the hats --The colors are so perfect for spring!!!!

Woops- just looked at the clock!! I'd better start getting ready for work--have a great day everyone!

Good Morning Ladies,

Judy, Glad you was able to hold Mabel. Your moving right along with the squares.

Mary, Happy Birthday to Lucy! 

Val, Maya has spring break at the same time as your niece. Mickey and Minnie Mouse hats are going to be so cute.

Joanne, Congratulations on the new furniture. Happy Birthday to your DD! Nice to be able to get outside and walk or just sit and enjoy it.

Sherry, Glad your sleeping better now. Hope you get some hooking time.

Phyllis, The hats are beautiful.

I like the extra hours of daylight and wish they would leave it as it is now. I didn't get to skype with Maya. After her Mom's work meeting she texted me and said they were going skating. Today I'm going to take pics of the rr, the scarves,and the hotpad and try to post them.

Were in for a sunny week with temps in the 70's. Hope everyone has a nice monday!

Archived