Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Cindy, it's good to hear from you.  I do hope you shake that cold soon.  THe boots are beautiful.  I think I miht try a pair of those.  I'm not selling online yet.  I'm trying to get a page together.  I've posted a few pictures and I've gotten 6 lkes so far.  It's "Hook&Yarn by Valco".  When you get a chance, go over and like my page.  I haven't put much work into it yet and I've only posted stuff that's already sold.  I'll probably do more when I get more stuff made.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good afternoon ladies :hi

I don't know where the day has gone already :shrug  I ended up not crafting at all yesterday, either here or at home :eek  I started going through papers and before I knew it I got a new patient request to come yesterday afternoon and then the day was gone :think  I had a patient this morning and a few later before the bridge group comes at 7. 

My mom had a good morning today....well, when she has a good morning she's only gone to the bathroom 4-5 times instead of 9-10 :eek  The days seem to be alternating right now since they upped the steroids, but while they were trying to get her off them she'd be running to the toilet between 1:30 and 3:30 am and then it's just every hour and a half or so from there regardless of what she eats.  So on top of the infection part of it, she's not getting quality sleep and having trouble keeping nutrients in.  We had her get children's chewable vitamins since she's not digesting the regular ones so hopefully that will help :xfin  Well, if she's having a 'good' morning Saturday, she's going to jump in the car to come visit us until Tuesday.  She has the week off work next week since some of the kids are home from college for spring break and she always lets them have her hours, which is especially helpful now.  She just wants to get back earlier in the week to continue to clean for the lady she cleans for :yes

Linda - WTG on your quilt progress :clap  Sorry to hear sweet pea woke you up this morning.  I'd go to the expo and leave my wallet at home, or take with me only what I feel comfortable no longer having :think:lol:devil

Joanne - Our snow yesterday  morning was super heavy :eek  I couldn't even swipe it the length of my car in one swoop, I had to do about 3 sections of it!  It's supposed to come off and on today I guess since 5 minutes ago it was snowing and now it's not :think  Thanks for the clock reminder...I just noticed that yesterday.  :xfin for dd and good idea for MIL to wait until her cold passes :yes

Judy - Wow, your neighbor is doing a great job!  She'll get quicker as she does more of them :yes

Val - I went and liked your page :D  You should put a link to the page in your signature :yes

Sherry - Glad to hear PT is going well :clap  Not so glad to hear about the sleep, but hopefully that improves now that your meds have changed.

Marlene - Happy belated to DH :birthday  Have fun at the oyster festival

Cindy - Sorry it took so long for your headache to clear up :hug  Good idea to postpone shopping.  Thanks for the link to the boots, I printed it off to make a pair :yes  As for mom, yeah she needs to get off those steroids for sure, but each time they try it's bad news :(:sigh  But, I'm confident that SOMETHING has to work! 

Val, I liked your page too. I agree with Marisa, you should put it in your signature or at least in your profile.

We went out for a while this afternoon, and now I'm exhausted. This cold sure is dragging on. I stopped in at Joann's and nothing really spoke to me, so I left empty handed. We did buy a new bathroom light and a record player that turns records into MP3 files. I also checked out a few thrift shops. One had all sweaters for fifty cents, so I looked for wool sweaters to felt, but I did not find anything in a large enough size to make it worth felting.

Marisa, I'm going to make some more of those boots to donate to the pregnancy resource center. I bought a skein of fuzzy white yarn for them and since it cost me $6, I feel that I need to get my money's worth out of it. I don't know what else I would use that yarn for. The boots themselves were made out of yarn that I had left over from another project.

I just checked our weather forecast. It's supposed to get up to 55 on Sunday. Maybe spring is coming sooner than usual!

Hi Ladies,

Sherry, I hope your able to get some decent sleep soon.

Cindy, Don't tell Maya it's warming up. lol  I hope you get to feeling better real soon. Those booties are really cute.

Judy, It sounds like your neighbor will be a good helper. I write me notes all the time.

Thanks for the birthday wishes for DH. Dh came home wiped tonight from the oyster festival. The guys worked longer than Lois and I did. We had nice chairs to sit on. I sold 626 tickets at 3.00 a ticket. I had one man come and buy 198.00 worth of tickets (66). They're only good for beer and raw oysters. That's a lot of one of them or even both of them. I hope he was sharing them. I got a tshirt for working. We were in a huge tent with all the food vendors, the beer and the band. The music was loud. We can even hear it from here with the windows closed.

Hi to everyone in the house. Hope everyone has a great friday! Stay safe and be warm!

Went to Prayer Shawl group tonight.  Carol had completed on of the helmet liners and hers turned into the King Kong size like my first one.  :lol   :lol   :lol   So I helped her to figure out how to adjust the pattern to come up with the second one that I made.

I've got 6 of the 9 rows assembled now for John's quilt.  Guess I'll have to take a progress picture soon.

I made these little boots for Luke this week. It's a really quick easy pattern. I'd estimate under 90 minutes for the pair, and that includes a little frogging when my stitch counts didn't match.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Pattern is here: http://www.crochetme.com/media/p/90091.aspx

Adorable booties!

That is a LOT of tickets, Marlene.  Good for you.

I'm heading for bed.  Will catch up with all of you tomorrow.  :ghug

Happy Friday!!!

It is snowing now- started last evening- it's the 'heart attack' heavy wet snow- but doesn't really seem to be sticking alot to the roads- I'm sure the main roads are fine- there is some snow on my street but not even covered all the way- and basically the only traffic on my street is from the people that live on it! The trees look beautiful- but some of the branches are drooping due to the weight of the snow. The rest of the weekend is supposed to be in the 50's!

Like Cindy said, spring is coming!

Love the booties that you made, Cindy- they are adorable.

I've got to make two stops on the way to work- bagels for brunch to celebrate birthdays and gas for my car so I'm going to start getting ready.

Hope you have a good day today!

Good morning housemates!

Mary - Lifting you up in prayer! :hug 

Marisa - thanks for the "like".  Praying for your mom.  I hope she get to come visit with you.

Cindy - thanks  for the "like".  I hope you're feeling better today. :hug   Thanks for the link to the booties!  They are sooo cute.

Joanne  & Judy - be careful in this weather.  I hope it's nothing serious.

Linda - we're suppose to get up to 62 today.  We'll see!

Marlene - you sold a lot of tickets.

:ghug to the rest of the house.  I hope everyone has a fabulous Friday!

BBL!

Good Morning, House. :)   Thank you for the comments about the boy's pictures.  DD wanted me to tell you that Luke had been to swimming and he "combed" his own hair. :lol

Sherry ~ I'm so glad to see your post!  Hopefully, your sleep "schedule" will return to normal soon. :manyheart

Cindy ~ The baby boots are absolutely adorable!  :c9

Judy ~  You said "only 250 squares?!" :lol   Can't wait to see pictures!

Hi to the rest of the House, too! :manyheart   I need to run some errands and may drive back down to see dad - if my sister is going, I'll go over the weekend.  Have a good morning, everyone!

morning...from snowy NJ...and we have to leave for a vet appt in 10 minutes. Main roads should be ok as long as we don't slip and slide our way over to them.

Mary - only 225 squares (I miscounted) and my friend was haing such aggida over the squares I told her not to worry about it - so she's giving me the extra yarn she bought for it as her contribution....No problem. They go fast and I have lots of time. Plus I need the busy work to keep me distracted.

Last night I even made a pink baby hat for my nurse friend's little one - this time with ties, at her request (they still need to be put on once I finish the last 2 eyelet rows).

Off I go...

Hi folks

Long time no see . I got a note from Tab this morning,so thought I'd drop in to tell you I'm still kicking . I read back a few pages of postss to see at least a tip of the iceberg of what I missed ,so will try to remember a few things from the posts .

Mary, Joanne and Cindy -- congrats on the new grandsons (?) I think they are all boys (?) --

Mary

sorry to hear about your mom .I think she was pretty elderly ,so it was probably not a big shock ,but it'd still be hard to handle ,no matter what . How is your dad holding up ?

The pic of the boys is absolutely priceless . SO cute .

Jude

It sounds as though Phil is having some type of health problems .Hope they can pinpoint them and start treating them properly .

It sounds like you are working on a big saltine project  again ?

Marisa

Also, sorry to hear how sick your mom is .It sounds like she is having a rough time of it . I hope they can find some answers for her .

Marlene

It sounds as though your enjoying yourself again this winter with all your friends down south .

Cindy

Is your flu or cold improved yet, or still hanging on ?

Val

How is everything going with you ? See any signs of spring down that way ? If so, shoot them up this direction,would you ?

Joanne

Did your stressful work schedule ever slow down or still going strong ?

Linda

Are you feeling back to normal yet from your long sick spell ? Sure hope so, you had a rough time of it for a very long time,didnt you ? Are you enjoying your new place ?

Sherri

Sounds as if you had some type of surgery and are doing rehab for it . Hope it is coming along well and you are soon on the mend .

I'm sorry, I know I am forgetting people ,not intentionally , I am just too far behind to even attempt catching up ,so I'lll just say a general howdy to everyone I missed . As I sadm I've only read back a couple pages,so really aren't up to snuff with everyone 's updates in their lives .

Will stop in a bit later and maybe start from here again to catch up once more . We have bright blue skies and sunshine this morning,so it looks good outside today .

PS -- they did some remodeling in here didnt they ? Hung some new curtains and added some new doodads to the ville . Looks nice .   :)

Hi Ladies,

I dropped in to get the link to Cindy's blog. Someone hear asked  about me making her a baby blanket for a boy. So I'm going to check out the one several have made. I have pt in an hour so I need to get moving. We have the pond party tomorrow so we have to prep for that.

Julie, So nice to see you again! Is Cam coming this weekend?

I'll be back later.

Good morning!  I woke up on my own this morning!  Yay!  Joints are still very achy so may not do a lot of crafting today.  :P   Wonky weather.  :reyes 

Julie!  Welcome back!  Long time no see!  How are things?  Do you still get to see Cam most weekends?  How's DD and family?  Are they still oversees?  How's your breathing?  We've really missed you!

Julie, I'm really enjoying my apartment.  The stuff last summer has knocked my immunity for a loop, so I've had trouble with colds and bronchitis this winter.  I'm not back to where I was, but I'm a lot better than I was.  I try to listen to my body and rest as needed.  I'm really enjoying being able to have my crafts out and work on what I want when I want.  I'm doing lots of crocheting and quilting.

Joanne and Judy, please be careful on the roads today.

Judy, 225 squares really isn't that many as these projects go.  Mine used to run 1,000 - 2,000 as I recall.  You just go one square at a time.  :lol 

It's chilly but better than it's been.  I took Sweet Pea out in just a light jacket.  Of course, I had two sweaters on under it.  :lol   I just heated up some of the bean soup for brunch, so will sign of for now.

Hope you all have a great day.  :hug 

Hi Marlene

Sounds like you have another baby to make an item for .Cindy has some pretty patterns to share . Bet you are enjoying the weather down there compared to up north,although the weekend looksl ike it might be pretty good for this early .

Linda

great to hear you are happy and regaining your health. What a long,rough spell you had .

Yea, Cam will be coming ,but only for a bit tonite,then tomorrow night .

I just got out of the hospital this week with pneumonia,so I am about wiped out. Never had it before . sure takes the sap out of you . I'm still so tired,my legs shake when I stand up .

I just thought it'd be nice to jump in and see how everyone is doing. The Good Old House Thread just goes on and on,doesnt it ?

Will try to stop in a little more often. Since I dont crochet anymore, it's hard to come in and hear about all the pretty yarn and projects,but that's the way it goes sometimes I guess .We all have to make changes in our lives whether we want to or not .

Anyhow Cam is great,still funny and growing so tall ! He's almost 11 .

Hi everyone!

Julie, it's so good to hear from you. Sorry you've been sick. I had pneumonia about 5 years ago, and it was awful, and I did not end up in the hospital, so I can just imagine how sick you have been. Just take it slowly, and take care of yourself. Are you doing any type of crafting at all? I go in spurts where I don't crochet, but either sew, quilt or embroider.

I'm still not feeling like myself, but I'm slowly doing some housework. Dh said he would vacuum, so ill dust, straighten and do bathrooms. Tomorrow I will mop floors.

Marlene, hope you find a nice boy blanket pattern.

Here is my latest project, probably also for Luke. Pattern is from here:

http://www.annoocrochet.com/2013/02/spring-flower-baby-booties-free-pattern.html

of course, I didn't add a flower, I used buttons for decoration instead. I would make these again, they are a little tedious, and have lots of ends to weave in, but I think they would stay on a baby's feet.. post-6189-0-72455300-1362764770_thumb.jpg

Oh Julie, it is soooo good to hear from you.  We've been so worried.  I'm sorry you've been sick.  I hope you mend qickly.   Man, Cam is really growing up.  My fingers cramp pretty badly.  I pray that I don't get arthritis and have to give up hooking.  I'm so glad you're back.

Cindy - those booties are beautiful.  Thanks for the link.

Marlene - have a good time at the pond party.

Judy - hope all goes well at the vet!

I just thought it'd be nice to jump in and see how everyone is doing. The Good Old House Thread just goes on and on,doesnt it ?

Hi Julie!  Yes, we're still going strong...thanks to you for bringing us all together. :manyheart   I'm so sorry about the pneumonia. I hope you get your strength back soon. :)   I know we would all love to hear more "Cam stories." :yes   Luke's little brother, Zach, is 19 weeks and Luke loves him so much - he's trying to teach him all about dinosaurs and trucks. :lol  Feel better soon! :hug

Cindy ~ Another pair of adorable booties! :clap

Linda ~ How far are you on John's quilt?  I hope the achiness eases up soon. :manyheart

Judy ~ I hope all went well at the vet.  How much snow have you had?  Can't wait to see the latest baby hat. :)

Valerie ~ Are you still working on baby items?  I'm still on the latest scarf marathon...they don't take a lot of concentration and that's a good thing. :wink

Better get busy - Have a good afternoon, friends. :)

I just about :faint when I saw your post, Jules :eek

You must have been feeling all the vibes coming your way - and Tab must have a way with words! So good to see you back here. And you can always talk about what you're reading - I know I've been doing a lot of that and I'm sure others here have been, too. Or talk about anything else! Just please take it easy.

About the snow....getting out of our development was the worst....the other roads weren't too bad. We got to the vet on time...and she called the office to say she was delayed in traffic, sitting behind an accident! Anywho, we were sprung after paying a huge bill, most of which was for blood work to see why Sparkie's GI system is out of whack.

He was a wonderful ambassador for the breed, giving his paw to everyone and wagging his tail all the time - except when they had to draw blood from his front leg (I had told the vet I wouldn't be offended if he wore a muzzle. Good thing, too, because he was growling when she did that). This vet works part time at the same big vet practice we used to board our Susie at several years back when we would go away...and Susie had similar symptoms (won't go into them :yuck ) that Sparkie has been having. A treatable pancraetic insufficiency, if that's what it is. Just very expensive to live with....

Cindy, those are cute booties - and for you to weave in ends!!! :tup

I didn't get too much crocheting in today - made a wonderful cranberry dessert cake and finished my book club's selection (Defending Jacob). I couldn't put it down!!!!

Today Miss Lucy turned 2 years old...and I took a chicken breast out of the freezer to cook for both of them to share.Better than any birthday cake - though she DOES have a major sweet tooth!

Here's the baby hat I made

post-8552-0-79383300-1362788383_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone!

Julie--how wonderful to see a post from you!!!!! :hug  You have been missed and I'm so glad that you stopped in the house you created!!! Sorry to hear about your bout with pneumonia and hope that you are well on the way to recovery! Wow- can't believe Cam is almost 11!!!! My DD is due on 3/14 and Ryan is now 19 mos old.

Cindy- the booties are sooooo cute!!!!!

To the rest of the house- forgive me for not posting individuals, but I'm going to do some of my normal Sat cleaning now so that I can get my nails done in the morning. Also trying to plan in case I get a call that DD is in labor and I have to go watch Ryan :yes

Have a wonderful night!

Today Miss Lucy turned 2 years old...and I took a chicken breast out of the freezer to cook for both of them to share.Better than any birthday cake - though she DOES have a major sweet tooth!

Here's the baby hat I made

Wow- it seems like yesterday you were telling us about "Heidi" who became Lucy due to her personality!  Has it really been 2 years?

Have a great evening- and Happy Birthday to Lucy!

Hi, again.  I ended up working on the counted cross stitch that I'm doing for my mom for Mother's Day and birthday.  It's getting there.  I even was able to modify the colors without feeling guilty.  I'm watching 'Grumpy Old Men' at the moment.  It's been forever since I last watched it.  It's wonderful.

Yea, Cam will be coming ,but only for a bit tonite,then tomorrow night .

It's wonderful that he's so close to you.

I just got out of the hospital this week with pneumonia,so I am about wiped out. Never had it before . sure takes the sap out of you . I'm still so tired,my legs shake when I stand up .

Oh, wow!  Take it easy.

That we do.  Members may come and go, but the CAL keeps going. 

Will try to stop in a little more often. Since I dont crochet anymore, it's hard to come in and hear about all the pretty yarn and projects,but that's the way it goes sometimes I guess .We all have to make changes in our lives whether we want to or not .

Feel free to come and talk about other things.  I show off my quilting all the time. 

Anyhow Cam is great,still funny and growing so tall ! He's almost 11 .

Here is my latest project, probably also for Luke. Pattern is from here:
http://www.annoocrochet.com/2013/02/spring-flower-baby-booties-free-pattern.html

of course, I didn't add a flower, I used buttons for decoration instead. I would make these again, they are a little tedious, and have lots of ends to weave in, but I think they would stay on a baby's feet.. attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Adorable booties!  :clap   :clap   :clap 

I just about :faint when I saw your post, Jules :eek

You must have been feeling all the vibes coming your way - and Tab must have a way with words! So good to see you back here. And you can always talk about what you're reading - I know I've been doing a lot of that and I'm sure others here have been, too. Or talk about anything else! Just please take it easy.

About the snow....getting out of our development was the worst....the other roads weren't too bad. We got to the vet on time...and she called the office to say she was delayed in traffic, sitting behind an accident! Anywho, we were sprung after paying a huge bill, most of which was for blood work to see why Sparkie's GI system is out of whack.

He was a wonderful ambassador for the breed, giving his paw to everyone and wagging his tail all the time - except when they had to draw blood from his front leg (I had told the vet I wouldn't be offended if he wore a muzzle. Good thing, too, because he was growling when she did that). This vet works part time at the same big vet practice we used to board our Susie at several years back when we would go away...and Susie had similar symptoms (won't go into them :yuck ) that Sparkie has been having. A treatable pancraetic insufficiency, if that's what it is. Just very expensive to live with....

Cindy, those are cute booties - and for you to weave in ends!!! :tup

I didn't get too much crocheting in today - made a wonderful cranberry dessert cake and finished my book club's selection (Defending Jacob). I couldn't put it down!!!!

Sorry about Sparkie's problem.  And very glad that neither you nor the vet got in accidents.  Your dessert sounds yummy.

Have a good night all.  :manyheart 

Good morning!

The sun looks like it's going to come out- and I bet that a lot of the snow will be gone later on with the expected warmer temps!

Linda- When you mentioned a cross stitch- forgot to tell you that I commissioned a gal at work to make me a cross stitch that says "sometimes you just have to let it go' with a picture of a balloon- she brought it in on Thursday! I have it hanging right where I can see it--to remind me that sometimes you just have to let the small stuff go!  I admire anyone that can do cross stitch!

I wish you all a wonderful Saturday!

Archived