Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi everyone. Busy, busy day here today, not sure why. Grocery shopping, (busy at the store too!), some laundry, cleaning, etc, and the day is gone! Haven't even had any time to craft yet. Still need to make the bed, (clean sheets),and then I'm through for the day.

I'm exhausted, probably because I've been going pretty much non-stop since last week Wednesday, but after working tomorrow I will have 5 days off.

Will catch up later. Hope everyone has a good evening.

Enjoy your time off!!

I'm woking on the piano graph ghan now while the painter works...he's moving along fast. will be done today:)

Miss Lucy isn't happy, though:lol

Linda, your apartment looks like the perfect size!!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Judy, Happy Thanksgiving to you and all "Our House-ers"! Hopefully soon I will have internet at home and be able to play here again; meanwhile crocheting warm things to send up to NJ.

Hi, kathy! How is mom?

Have a cozy Thanksgiving:hug:manyheart

Well, the painter did a great job! When i stepped outside before he left my next door neighbor asked if we had a painter here....so he stopped over before going home:lol

He was meticulous and has a terrific work ethic.

I'm tired now. A long day, esp with playing doorman for the dogs when Miss Lucy would get too "talkative":P

Have a good night ladies:hug

Hi all

Glad that the painting is done, Judy!!!

We had the wrought iron railing that Sandy blew over fixed- the guy did a great job and also installed another railing on the lower steps that didn't have one. The soffit is getting fixed next Wed!!!

So many folks still don't have homes, so I feel so blessed that my damage was minimal. Still having a tough time adjusting to all the devastation that so many suffered.

Oh, well, time to crochet for a bit and then call it an early night. I don't want to oversleep two days in a row!

·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸Good Evening¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

wow.... I have been so busy.

I've fallen behind in posts.................:eek

I am trying to finish up the charity items tonight for auntbubbles... and I'm about done with the catheter cover for my friend. :hook

I'll pop back in tomorrow with pics........... I hope..LOL

HUGS :hug

Good Morning!

Happy Day before Thanksgiving--and last day of work till Monday!! Woot!!!

I made a cowl last night for one of my co-workers- she's been such an asset to the project and I just wanted to give her a little thank you for all she's done!! It's an easy, quick pattern called "accidental" cowl- I used the yarn called for, Paton's Shetland Chunky and it has a nice drape- this is the 3rd one I made and will be donating the others to our depts craft sale/bake sale fundraiser. The pattern is here: http://crochetincolor.blogspot.com/2012/01/accidental-cowl.html

Hope you all have a great day!!!!

Morning, peeps!!

Hi all

Glad that the painting is done, Judy!!!So am I:lol Love it....

We had the wrought iron railing that Sandy blew over fixed- the guy did a great job and also installed another railing on the lower steps that didn't have one. The soffit is getting fixed next Wed!!!

You're moving along, too!:clap

So many folks still don't have homes, so I feel so blessed that my damage was minimal. Still having a tough time adjusting to all the devastation that so many suffered. me, too:(

Oh, well, time to crochet for a bit and then call it an early night. I don't want to oversleep two days in a row!

Did you get much hooking done?

Good Morning!

I made a cowl last night for one of my co-workers- she's been such an asset to the project and I just wanted to give her a little thank you for all she's done!! It's an easy, quick pattern called "accidental" cowl- I used the yarn called for, Paton's Shetland Chunky and it has a nice drape- this is the 3rd one I made and will be donating the others to our depts craft sale/bake sale fundraiser. The pattern is here: http://crochetincolor.blogspot.com/2012/01/accidental-cowl.html

I love that pattern!! Need to get the yarn for it...:D

Have a good day everyone - off to get ready to see GD this AM.

My Pumpkin pie came out great yesterday, and this afternoon I make the stuffing, paint trim on a bathroom window (or not...may wait till Friday), and start reassembling the downstairs office so it's not as chaotic looking...

Later, gators:hug:manyheart

Good morning housemates!

I realize I didn't post at all yesterday. I had an 8 o'clock appointment and did not get done until 2:15.

Joanne - I hope your time at paradise goes quickly. I love that cowl. What color did you make?

Sherry - glad you're going to have your son for THanksgiving.

Marisa - trusting God that you had a safe trip. Enjoy your time with your family!

Judy - I love your Lucy. She will definitely keep you young. I don't know how Sparkie keeps up with her.

Have a great day housemates!

·°*”˜˜”*°•.ƸӜƷ.•°*”˜Good Morning House˜”*°•.ƸӜƷ.•°*”˜˜”*°•

Happy Day before Thanksgiving! :cheer

I'm sorry I fell behind in posts... I've been busy crocheting and planning a very low sodium Thanksgiving dinner (not easy... but can be done) My sweet super hero Michael will enjoy Thanksgiving like everyone else!!! Turkey and all! :D

So............ I joined the November Charity CAL to get some things made to send auntbubbles for her charity drive... and I did it!!!! :clap I made 2 things everyday for the 6 days and have a nice collection of a dozen things to send her!

post-18634-135897787911_thumb.jpg

I'm finishing up the catheter cover today to give my friend for her hubby! So he too will have a nice Thanksgiving without embarrassment!!!

Boys only have 1/2 day of school today... so I'll be able to enjoy them for 5 1/2 days!!!! I miss them when they are at school! Michael will be able to rest!!! Maybe some of the water weight will start to move with him being home for these next 5 days with his feet up and relaxing!

Okay... off I go.. need to get this cover finished and delivered then get the last few groceries I need!

you all have a GREAT day!

:heart

:mug

Good morning ladies :hi

Just a quick check in. I'm at my parents house. My dad and I made our pumpkin rolls last night :clap My mom and I are about to run some errands now, she's feeling much better and is still on her meds....continuing to show improvement :clap:yay

I'll be back later, just wanted to let you know I made it here :hug

Hi, all! Went to WalMart and got things for my contributions to Thanksgiving dinner at a friend's house tomorrow. I'm bringing German chocolate cake, sparkling grape juice, and cranberry-pineapple sauce. Should be a fun day.

Good Morning!

Love the pattern & saved it.

I'm sorry I fell behind in posts... I've been busy crocheting and planning a very low sodium Thanksgiving dinner (not easy... but can be done) My sweet super hero Michael will enjoy Thanksgiving like everyone else!!! Turkey and all! :D

So............ I joined the November Charity CAL to get some things made to send auntbubbles for her charity drive... and I did it!!!! :clap I made 2 things everyday for the 6 days and have a nice collection of a dozen things to send her!

[ATTACH]60325[/ATTACH]

I'm finishing up the catheter cover today to give my friend for her hubby! So he too will have a nice Thanksgiving without embarrassment!!!

Boys only have 1/2 day of school today... so I'll be able to enjoy them for 5 1/2 days!!!! I miss them when they are at school! Michael will be able to rest!!! Maybe some of the water weight will start to move with him being home for these next 5 days with his feet up and relaxing!

Okay... off I go.. need to get this cover finished and delivered then get the last few groceries I need!

Oh, Tammy those are lovely. Have a wonderful day and a great long weekend.

Here are pictures of the baby quilt I made, front and back:

post-9295-135897787929_thumb.jpg

And here's the picture of the prayer shawl:

post-9295-135897787933_thumb.jpg

post-9295-135897787924_thumb.jpg

Hmm, I don't think I've been here much since before last weekend. For some reason, I've had all sorts of demands on my time. Hopefully that will die down after tomorrow. Oldest dd and Ia re planning a crafting day on Friday. She has a half finished wreath to work on and I have any number of unfinished projects. (although, knowing me, I will probably start something new.........) Or maybe I will do a craft with the grandsons.

I baked my ham today, since we are taking dinner to the in-laws tomorrow. (actually, I just have to do meat, veggies and bread.) I just finished slicing the ham all up and will just reheat it at their house tomorrow. My mil is buying pies, which their church sells as a fund raiser. (I've had them before, they are wonderful) She is also making mashed potatoes. Hopefully she doesn't over-do. You would not believe how excited she is at the idea of having Thanksgiving dinner at her house. Last weekend, she already had one of her sons come over to put the leaves in her table.

I joined weight watchers this week, so I am limiting what I bring. I could eat a huge meal, and use up my weeks worth of extra points , but since I just started, I want to avoid that as much as possible for now, just so I get used to the diet.

I have not had any time to craft recently, but I see that Joanne, Tammy and Linda have all posted pictures of finished items. Everything looks great. Joanne, if I get to Meijers again this week, I am going to pick up some bulky yarn to make that cowl you posted. They have Bernat chunky on sale for half price this week. I've already been there twice, but I was avoiding the yarn aisle, since I sure don't need any more yarn! I tried to talk DD into buying some, just so I'd have an excuse to look at it, but she says she is too busy between school and work to take on any more crochet projects. She already has an afghan and a quilt in progress.

Tammy, hope the break from school is good for Michael's health. Marisa, it's good to hear that your mom continues to improve.

Hi, Kathy, seems like an age since we heard from you. Happy thanksgiving to you too.

Judy, isn't it great when you find a good painter? Over the years, dh has bartered work with a woman who paints and papers and she always does such a great job. He doesn't mind painting, (although I hate it), but its actually more cost effective for him to barter with her, since she is much faster, and she does a professional job.

Miss Lucy's talkativeness made me laugh. Sophie would be the exact opposite!

Hi, Val, I'm thinking of making some squares for the 63 squares afghan after Thanksgiving. Have you worked on yours at all? I have 3 or 4 of those 63 squares books, so I ought to be able to find some that are quick and easy. At this point, I really just want to finish that afghan.

Mary, sorry you missed the sip and see. (That is a new concept to me!) Hope you are feeling better.

Marlene, bet the Mayas have a great time on their play date! Hope ds doesn't have any lasting effects from his accident.

Sherri, how wonderful that you will have ds and dil for Thanksgiving. enjoy your time with them. Oh and BTW, hope that you get that pesky computer system at work under control!

Linda, your apartment is going to be great. I like that table your computer is sitting on. Are you on the ground floor? Looks like a good amount of closet space in your bedroom. (I love storage spaces, so of course I noticed that!)

All right, now that I have written the first chapter of a novel, I'd better go back to the laundry and cleaning. I'll probably check back in later today, but in case I get busy, hope you all have a lovely day tomorrow.

There has been improvement in unpacking. I created an entry using bookcases. That's where the computer is too:

post-9295-135897788041_thumb.jpg

Then the rest of the living room really is a crafting center:

post-9295-135897788047_thumb.jpg

Kitchen table still needs to be cleared off, but it's getting there. And in the bathroom mirror you can see the bookshelf that's my linen closet. :lol :

post-9295-135897788064_thumb.jpg

And the bedroom still has a long ways to go:

post-9295-13589778806_thumb.jpg

post-9295-135897787959_thumb.jpg

post-9295-135897788018_thumb.jpg

post-9295-135897788044_thumb.jpg

post-9295-135897788051_thumb.jpg

post-9295-135897788054_thumb.jpg

post-9295-135897788057_thumb.jpg

Judy, Mom is doing fine, she went up to her cousins in Redding PA for Thanksgiving, so Keith and Cassie can cook for her family. Her parents house in Highlands is standing, but waterlogged. I hope to get up to visit soon, but I've been so busy down here lately, it seems like a long way off before I can.

Judy - I love your Lucy. She will definitely keep you young. I don't know how Sparkie keeps up with her.

She'll keep me young for sure! And Sparkie has started growling at her and baring his massive set of teeth at her when he has had too much....LOL!

I'm sorry I fell behind in posts... I've been busy crocheting and planning a very low sodium Thanksgiving dinner (not easy... but can be done) My sweet super hero Michael will enjoy Thanksgiving like everyone else!!! Turkey and all! :DThat's great about watching the sodium...hard to do on a holiday!

[ATTACH]60325[/ATTACH]

Thank you for all the work for the charity CAL - so many needs are still out there:hug

Good morning ladies :hi

Just a quick check in. I'm at my parents house. My dad and I made our pumpkin rolls last night :clap My mom and I are about to run some errands now, she's feeling much better and is still on her meds....continuing to show improvement :clap:yay

I'll be back later, just wanted to let you know I made it here :hug

Good news about your mom!!! Enjoy every moment....

Hi, all! Went to WalMart and got things for my contributions to Thanksgiving dinner at a friend's house tomorrow. I'm bringing German chocolate cake, sparkling grape juice, and cranberry-pineapple sauce. Should be a fun day.

Here are pictures of the baby quilt I made, front and back:

[ATTACH]60329[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]60330[/ATTACH]

And here's the picture of the prayer shawl:

[ATTACH]60331[/ATTACH]

Beautiful work - as always!!!

There has been improvement in unpacking. I created an entry using bookcases. That's where the computer is too:

[ATTACH]60337[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]60336[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]60338[/ATTACH]

Then the rest of the living room really is a crafting center:

[ATTACH]60339[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]60340[/ATTACH]

Kitchen table still needs to be cleared off, but it's getting there. And in the bathroom mirror you can see the bookshelf that's my linen closet. :lol :

[ATTACH]60341[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]60345[/ATTACH]

And the bedroom still has a long ways to go:

[ATTACH]60342[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]60343[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]60344[/ATTACH]

To me that's heaven, being able to put things where you want them and can use them....not my situation here, but I'[ll take it because DH is a sweetie otherwise.

Judy, Mom is doing fine, she went up to her cousins in Redding PA for Thanksgiving, so Keith and Cassie can cook for her family. Her parents house in Highlands is standing, but waterlogged. I hope to get up to visit soon, but I've been so busy down here lately, it seems like a long way off before I can.
I'm glad to hear your mom is chugging along...she's something else....

Everyone, enjoy Thanksgiving tomorrow - i'll be busy, so may not check in.

Hugs and love to all.

Hey ladies :hi

Dropping back to check in and also share a pic with you....with Linda's approval :D

My mom received a package from her and her prayer shawl group yesterday and here she is (looking half asleep). She's very grateful for the extra prayers and loves the shawl! Thanks Linda :hug :hug :hug It really made her day!

post-36814-135897788071_thumb.jpg

Linda - I'm loving all your progress pics of the apartment and that baby quilt is gorgeous, as well as the prayer shawl :manyheart

Cindy - Wow, you're busy....you'll sure be looking forward to craft day Friday :yes

Judy - If we don't 'see' you tomorrow, have a happy thanksgiving :tdance

I stopped at Michael's today in our travels and picked up some sock yarn for gloves, they're not starting out the greatest, but I think I finally found the right guage :xfin:whew

Hi House!

Linda, Marisa and Tammy ~ great pictures! :clap Marisa, your mom looks lovely with her new shawl. I'm so glad she's doing better. :)

Judy ~ Yay for getting the tree work and painting done.

There has just been too much going on lately...another trip to see mom yesterday, planning and prepping for tomorrow and still not completely over this pesky cold. DD, SIL and the little ones are coming for the day tomorrow! Her in-laws are eating at a wonderful restaurant and had invited us, but DD didn't want to take the kids (don't blame her :lol) and asked if I would cook our traditional meal. :)

Love and Happy Thanksgiving to all! :manyheart

Hey ladies :hi

Dropping back to check in and also share a pic with you....with Linda's approval :D

My mom received a package from her and her prayer shawl group yesterday and here she is (looking half asleep). She's very grateful for the extra prayers and loves the shawl! Thanks Linda :hug :hug :hug It really made her day!

You & she are very welcome. Especially when health problems drag on and on, it's nice to know that others are out there praying for you.

Hi House!

Linda, Marisa and Tammy ~ great pictures! :clap Marisa, your mom looks lovely with her new shawl. I'm so glad she's doing better. :)

Judy ~ Yay for getting the tree work and painting done.

There has just been too much going on lately...another trip to see mom yesterday, planning and prepping for tomorrow and still not completely over this pesky cold. DD, SIL and the little ones are coming for the day tomorrow! Her in-laws are eating at a wonderful restaurant and had invited us, but DD didn't want to take the kids (don't blame her :lol) and asked if I would cook our traditional meal. :)

Love and Happy Thanksgiving to all! :manyheart

That's great Mary. Have a wonderful time tomorrow. :manyheart

So many cute things made!! I got a pic of my baby blanket, but haven't downloaded it yet. Probably won't until after Thanksgiving.

got to leave at noon today WOOHOO!!! Spent the afternoon cleaning with the help of DD and both GS. DH and DD are going to rearrange the living room--I like it just as it is but I think I lost the battle. They will do it in the morning while I'm cooking.

I know I won't be on tomorrow, so now I want to wish all of you a very Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving!! Have a wonderful day with family and friends.

Just dropping by to say good night. I just finished cleaning the main floor and vacuuming the basement. I'll have to clean the last bathroom and dust downstairs tomorrow evening.

Linda, your apartment looks really nice and comfortable. It was so sweet of you to send Marisa's mom a prayer shawl. And Marisa, your mom looks so good in it!

Hope everyone has a good day tomorrow.

Happy Thanksgiving Housemates!!!

Linda, Marisa, and Tam beautiful work.

Marisa - I'm glad your Mom is doing better!!

I thankful today for all of you ladies in the house. I really enjoy our fellowship! We are truly family. We have to come up with a way to reach out and touch one another when one of us disappears as has Julie. Maybe, we can do a master address list. Just a thought. Again have a wonderful day with your families!

Archived