Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hello Housemates!

Judy/Joanne - I'm glad you all have power again.

Tam - continuously praying for Michael's complete healing.

MArisa - glad your mom is doing better and I'm continuously praying for her.

Marlene - glad your hands are healing and that your son is okay.

Cindy - beautiful projects!

Mary - praying for you and your family.

Sherry - I hope you get to leave work early.

Missing Julie as well!

My Auntee's funeral was Monday. My cousins seem to be doing okay.

One of my bestfriends from Bama came over for the weekend. I'm trying to teach her to crochet. We had a wonderful time.

I'm not feeling my best...sinus/ear infection.

I'm finishing the last of the 3 ghan order. The lady that wanted 4 for ChristmaS has not gotten back with me. If I don't hear from her soon, I'll go back to recreational crocheting until I get more orders.

We still have not unpacked everything. We're getting ready for a huge 4 day weekend. My youngest sister and her family will get here on Wednesday. We've also invited my cousin and his 2 boys since he is a single parent. We're having an Alabama/Auburn/birthday party on Saturday...great niece will turn 9 on the 25th. I am so excited that I'll have all 3 of my sisters with me.

I have to run but I'll BBL!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning. I ran errands this morning including grocery shopping. Now I can concentrate on crafting while watching/listening to TV.

Take care everyone. Love you all. :hug

'Afternoon, everyone. :) I just read through posts and you all have been busy! On top of everything else, I have a sinus infection. :eek I was able to see our doctor's PA yesterday and am on antibiotics. I have to feel better - tomorrow is Zachary's "Sip and See" party. It's really common for the second or third child - not a big baby shower, but they serve wine, tea, etc. and meet the baby. :c9

Take care and I'll be back later! :manyheart

Good afternoon ladies :hi

Joanne - cut and paste alert!

Still have a sore throat and I can feel it all the way in my ears when I swallow :eek Well, I had 2 patients this morning and then met a girl for lunch that I met at the Chamber of Commerce meeting a couple weeks ago. Ingrid's bringing Averie by after school because she's been complaining about her back this week. Then I have 2 more patients tonight and going out for Light up Night tonight. The city will officially be decorated for the holiday season :bounce Still drinking lots of tea, even when I went out last night I only had tea. I have a patient tomorrow morning and then a Knit the Bridge event to show my face at for a couple hours. Then hopefully I can rest the evening away :xfin Steelers play Sunday night at home, so I'll be tailgating again. I thought about passing on this one, but I actually have a grade school friend that's coming out with her bf for the game, so feel obligated.....such a hardship to tailgate :shrug:rofl

I read through the posts, but didn't take notes again since I have office paperwork to get done. My mom's short outing yesterday ended up into a long outing at about 5 hours!!! AND she ate Olive Garden without any huge disaster :whew She really thought she'd pay for it after the face :lol But, she did choose a fairly basic option and not something rich or heavy.

If I don't make it back tonight, I should see y'all in the morning :hug

Marisa, yay for mom!! YOU, missy, need to take care of YOU now!:hug

'Afternoon, everyone. :) I just read through posts and you all have been busy! On top of everything else, I have a sinus infection. :eek I was able to see our doctor's PA yesterday and am on antibiotics. I have to feel better - tomorrow is Zachary's "Sip and See" party. It's really common for the second or third child - not a big baby shower, but they serve wine, tea, etc. and meet the baby. :c9

Yikes. Bad timing. But after 24 hours on meds you should be ok for tomorrow...:hug

Good morning. I ran errands this morning including grocery shopping. Now I can concentrate on crafting while watching/listening to TV.

Take care everyone. Love you all. :hug

Did you enjoy a peaceful day??

I forgot to tell you all that my downstairs neighbor is a knitter. She is going to teach me to knit! I am sooooo excited!
Oh, nice!! I picked it up from YouTube, but a face to face teacher - nothing better! Enjoy it!

Have a good night my friends:hug:manyheart

Hi all,

Got home around 7;45---so glad it's the weekend. It's been a LONG week---

Tomorrow morning is my hair cut/color appt and I will probably get my nails done as well--time to pamper me---

Judy- I totally get the PTSD---it IS hard to get back on an even keel when there was so much devastation all around......We are donating the $ we make in our departments annual bake/craft sale to Hurricane Sandy relief this year--and we postponed it till Dec--it was supposed to be this week-

Love the slippers, Tammy!

Mary- Love the idea of a "sip and see" event for the 2nd or 3rd child!!!

Marisa- Good news about your Mom and glad that she didn't pay for her meal at Olive Garden. Take care of YOU!!!

Cindy- Hope your weekend of work goes well and is just the right amount of busy to have the time fly by but not so busy that you are exhausted.....

Val- Sounds like you've been busy- and hope the sinus infection clears up soon.

Enjoy the party and have fun learning to knit!

Linda- Hope you had a wonderful day of crafting!

I'm going to try and do a little crocheting---if I don't fall asleep!!

Hi Ladies,

I read through all the posts but didn't take notes tonight.

Val, Mary and Marisa I hope you feel better real soon.

Cindy, The knit baby sweater--you did a great job on it. The mittens look so nice and warm. Hope work goes by pretty fast for you. We go to Texas after Christmas. Maya wouldn't let us go before hand. She would be more upset than she does get if we did.

Joanne, Enjoy your pampering time tomorrow.

Tam, Love those slippers.

Judy, You ladies at book club probably needed that time together to share about Sandy.

Linda, Hope you had a nice afternoon. Were having some nice sunny days here and it suppose to be that way for awhile. The temps are in the 50's but with the sunshine it feels warmer.

Val, Have a fun weekend. I learned to knit in 4-H by a German lady. My first project was a pair of mittens for me. I'm glad for you that you will be with all your sisters and your cousin. It will be a fun time for everyone.

Sherry, Hope you have the computer figured out now. Hope the week goes well so you can get out early wednesday.

I miss Julie to! I hope she is okay.

Yesterday we took DS to pick up his car at the shop. And are beater car the starter went out on it. So by chance I called the auto parts store about it and it is under warranty. It must have a lifetime warranty on even though the receipt didn't say so. So DS took the starter off and we exchanged it for a new one. Now hubby has to put it on. That saved us 140.00.

Hubby is working extra hours the next two weeks. It's deer season here and they process them.

I did some picking up around here and did some dusting. Tomorrow I have to declutter my dining room.

Tonight we went to a fish fry. It was so good. Hubby belongs to a VFW back home and we try to get to it once a year and tonight was it since we go to Texas.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

I got the prayer shawl all done except for hiding four tails which I'll do tomorrow. The fringe on the ends was a royal pain. Each strand had to knotted on the ends to prevent it from unravelling and becoming a fuzzy mess. :P

Hope you are feeling better very soon. :hug I like the idea of the "Sip and See" party.

I forgot to tell you all that my downstairs neighbor is a knitter. She is going to teach me to knit! I am sooooo excited!

WooHoo! That's great.

Mrning peeps! Sunny but freezing here....:) Heat never felt so good.

QUOTE=busy-bee-lmt;2518637]I got the prayer shawl all done except for hiding four tails which I'll do tomorrow. The fringe on the ends was a royal pain. Each strand had to knotted on the ends to prevent it from unravelling and becoming a fuzzy mess. :P

that's why I don't do fringe!:lol

Good morning and Happy Saturday!!! Day to pamper myself a bit- hair and nails getting done!! Woot!

Already did the 'necessary' cleaning!! Laundry is on and I'm looking forward to a 'me' day!!!

Enjoy your morning of being pampered!!!!!

We have the fence guys coming to fix the back fence this AM and a painter coming to give us an estimate for some inside painting...have to get a move on!

BBL!

Good morning housemates,

Joanne - enjoy your "me" day. Are you seeing Ryan today?

Judy - try to stay warm. We're suppose to get up to 60.

Linda - WTG on your shawls!

Mary - I never heard of sip and see. I like it. Have fun. Hope you feel better soon.

Have a great Saturday to ALL housemates!

:mdust .::Good Morning House::. :mdust

how is everyone doing? I'm good! Few house hold chores to do... then crochet my day away!!! :hook

I got that ripple'ghan DONE yesterday!! I'll pop a pic in later to show you.

I have a nice little collection of goodies for auntbubbles charity drive going.. two pair of slippers a beanie and a pair of fingerless mitts. May work on another beanie or two today for that.

Well... just wanted to pop in and say :hi... I'll be back later to chat ...

Have a great day!

:heart

:mug

Good Morning all!!! It's "stay home day" as my littlest GS says. Yea!!! Although I won't be staying home much--karate this morning, a trip to WalMart and I need to see what hotels are in the area since DS will be here for Thanksgiving. Our house is too small for all of us, so they usually stay in a hotel :( Cuts into the visiting time.

Almost have my baby blanket done that my friend wants for her new great-granddaughter. I'll post a pic of it later once I have it finished. Then I'll work on the afghan for DD. It's working up fast and it's easy!

Read the posts but will catch up later. Have a great Saturday all!

Good morning ladies :hi

We went out for light up night and had fun with our group. One of our friends birthday is today so they did a shot at about midnight for the birthday. I passed since I had patients this morning and my neighbor was happy because she didn't really tell everyone she's pregnant yet and so she didn't stand out as much then since I said no as well. She just wants to wait until this weeks appointment to make sure all is going well and I think she's closing in on the end of the first trimester.

A patient brought me a homemade pumpkin pie today, I can't wait to taste it :drool Now I'm on my way to a Knit the Bridge meeting and then hoping to rest later for the afternoon and evening. Found out today that my nephews and neice and SIL will be home for christmas :clap But that means not much resting this week either since I'll have to help my parents decorate and with mom being weak yet I just won't get to rest well. When the kids aren't around, they just do the tree, which isn't too bad. BUT now, it will be the whole shebang!!! Platforms, trains, the whole house will be decorated and probably 2 trees :whew Oh well, tis the season :shrug

I gotta run, but I'll 'see' y'all on Monday :hug

Good afternoon everyone. I'm off to a late start today. I'm getting more strength. Took a long walk with Sweet Pea this morning and didn't get winded or particularly tired either. I think today will be a day to work on quilting, but I have to clear off a table first so that I have a place to pin it together. :lol My shoulder is really sore today so I think I'll skip crocheting and give it a bit of a rest.

I'm really hungry for pizza, so think I'll order one for lunch. :D

Good morning ladies :hi

A patient brought me a homemade pumpkin pie today, I can't wait to taste it :drool Now I'm on my way to a Knit the Bridge meeting and then hoping to rest later for the afternoon and evening. Found out today that my nephews and neice and SIL will be home for christmas :clap But that means not much resting this week either since I'll have to help my parents decorate and with mom being weak yet I just won't get to rest well. When the kids aren't around, they just do the tree, which isn't too bad. BUT now, it will be the whole shebang!!! Platforms, trains, the whole house will be decorated and probably 2 trees :whew Oh well, tis the season :shrug

I gotta run, but I'll 'see' y'all on Monday :hug

The pie sounds super yummy. Have a great time with the family and good luck with all the decorations. Keeping your mom in my prayers. :hug

Hi Ladies,

Mary, Hope you were feeling well enough to go to the sip and see.

Joanne, Glad you had a me day. Hope the rest of your weekend is relaxing after your busy week at work.

Judy, Is the fence fixed now? What are you going to have painted? It's been really cold here in the morning to.

Val, Did you have a crocheting day while watching football?

Linda, I don't like fringe. I have crocheted fringe but that wouldn't look right on a shawl. Hope your shoulder didn't give you to much trouble while you were quilting.

Sherry, Does DS have a family he's bring home with him? It's nice he or they will be joining the family for Thanksgiving dinner.

Tam, The ripple ghan is beautiful. Love the colors.

Marisa, How are you feeling? Your having a busy weekend. How nice of one of your patients to bring you a pie. Will your SIL and the kids be staying with your parents or her family? All the extra work of putting all the decorations up for Christmas will be so worth when the kids see it and it puts smiles on there faces.

I got some cleaning done today and have some magazines going to recycle.

DS and the kids, DD and Maya will be here with us for Thanksgiving dinner. DS's girlfriend is going to be with her family for the holiday. I'll be making dinner. Usually it was just us with DD and Maya. I'm happy that my family will be together again for a holiday.

I'm going to go crochet for awhile. Hope everyone has a great sunday.

That's super, Tammy!:clap :clap :clapThanks hon!

Hi Ladies,

Mary, Hope you were feeling well enough to go to the sip and see.

Joanne, Glad you had a me day. Hope the rest of your weekend is relaxing after your busy week at work.

Judy, Is the fence fixed now? What are you going to have painted? It's been really cold here in the morning to.

Val, Did you have a crocheting day while watching football?

Linda, I don't like fringe. I have crocheted fringe but that wouldn't look right on a shawl. Hope your shoulder didn't give you to much trouble while you were quilting.

Sherry, Does DS have a family he's bring home with him? It's nice he or they will be joining the family for Thanksgiving dinner.

Tam, The ripple ghan is beautiful. Love the colors. Thank you!!!

Marisa, How are you feeling? Your having a busy weekend. How nice of one of your patients to bring you a pie. Will your SIL and the kids be staying with your parents or her family? All the extra work of putting all the decorations up for Christmas will be so worth when the kids see it and it puts smiles on there faces.

I got some cleaning done today and have some magazines going to recycle. I got some chores done today too! :D

DS and the kids, DD and Maya will be here with us for Thanksgiving dinner. DS's girlfriend is going to be with her family for the holiday. I'll be making dinner. Usually it was just us with DD and Maya. I'm happy that my family will be together again for a holiday. Oh how wonderful!!! :hug

I'm going to go crochet for awhile. Hope everyone has a great sunday. You have a great sunday yourself my dear!

Tam - great job. I love your colors! Thank you my dear!

Marlene - yes, I did get some crocheting in. Georgia did not show Bama on the SECOND channel. I am so glad you get to have your entire family with you on Thanksgiving.

Have a good night!

Had a wonderful 'me' day- and spent a good part of the afternoon and then evening with Ryan and DD! We had a great time! Just what I needed after the past work week!!!!

Great ripple'ghan Tammy!

Oh how wonderful to have a 'me' day... good for you!

So glad you had such a nice day!

Thanks for the compliment! I really appreciate it! :hug

morning, peeps!

Tam - gorgeous ghan...I DO love your pattern;)

Joanne, You NEEDED yesterday:hug

Marlene, yup, back fence is sturdy once again!. We need a couple of rooms painted, but first one will be the small downstairs office. Getting away from earth tones and we're going gray with white trim:D

Off to a late start - have to run!

Archived