Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi All! I'm trying to find an easy and fast afghan to make for DD. Tam - I love your ripple afghans. What pattern do you use? Also someone was making an autumn colored afghan--where can that pattern be found??

Gotta get to work!! Have a great day all!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning everyone. Sunny and cold here today.

Sherry, if you are looking for a really quick afghan and don't mind it being heavy, I made a last minute one for my son last year, using two strands of WW yarn held together and an N hook. It's 112 stitches per row, and only 66 rows plus a border. Working with such a large hook can be hard on your hands though.

Judy, yes, potluck evenings get a huge turnout. (everybody likes to eat!) Yesterday the fellowship hall was full, and they added tables in a couple of the larger classrooms that open off of it.

Tam, poor Michael, hope this subsides soon, and he feels better.

I will be doing some cleaning today, and I hope to sew another pair or two of mittens.

Hi All! I'm trying to find an easy and fast afghan to make for DD. Tam - I love your ripple afghans. What pattern do you use? Its a pattern my aunt taught me when I was little. She learned from her mom. I wrote it out just recently.... its really simple!!!! Also someone was making an autumn colored afghan--where can that pattern be found??

Gotta get to work!! Have a great day all! have a great day yourself dear

:heart

:mug

Sherry, if you are looking for a really quick afghan and don't mind it being heavy, I made a last minute one for my son last year, using two strands of WW yarn held together and an N hook. It's 112 stitches per row, and only 66 rows plus a border. Working with such a large hook can be hard on your hands though. oooooh.... nice pattern hon!!!

Judy, yes, potluck evenings get a huge turnout. (everybody likes to eat!) Yesterday the fellowship hall was full, and they added tables in a couple of the larger classrooms that open off of it.

Tam, poor Michael, hope this subsides soon, and he feels better.Thanks sweetie!!! :hug

I will be doing some cleaning today, and I hope to sew another pair or two of mittens. snap a pic of those mittens... I wanna see... :D

Good morning. I forgot that it was my time to host the monthly charity cal until yesterday so had to scramble to get it going. But we already have a good group. I'm working on a couple of prayer shawls and a baby quilt. If I rotate between them I should be able to make a lot of progress without doing myself in. :lol

It was crisp and brisk this morning when I took Sweet Pea for her morning walk. The leaves are at the glorious peak and it truly feels like fall. Still just need a sweatshirt to stay warm. One of the perks of living in the South. :D

morning, peeps!

Thinking today might be the day to take down the bedroom curtains and get all the dust off!! I'll see how ambitious I feel - DH is home today, and I can only do it when he's here to help....in the old days I would have done it on my own:P

Have a good day everyone.

You're way more ambitious than me. :D

/˚ •* ˚ ˚˚ ˛★* ˛° *

/*˛˚ •˚ ˚Good Morning! ** ~*

/ \ ˚. ★ *˛ ˚.˚* ˚ ★ ˚. ★ *˛

˚* ˚ ˚* ˛˚ .. :) ° ˚ • ★ *˚ .

How are you all this fine Fall Morning? I'm doin' pretty good. Have a day of crocheting ahead of me. My 'need to do' list has gotten longer... I need to get crackin'!

Michael off to school again today.... He would much rather stay home. Its so hard for him to get around. The edema and the pain is so draining on him.

Poor little guy. Keeping him and your whole family in my prayers. :hug

I made a lovely pot of homemade chicken noodle soup yesterday for dinner. I made it the lowest sodium I could... and it was LOW. It came out GREAT! Its perfect to be able to salt your own bowl if needed... and not have the whole pot covered in salt! Everyone liked it! :whew

I'm glad Michael liked it. He ate a nice sized bowl of it!

That sounds sooo good. I've got some in the freezer. I think I'll pull out a package and have it for supper.

Hang in there.

Sherry, if you are looking for a really quick afghan and don't mind it being heavy, I made a last minute one for my son last year, using two strands of WW yarn held together and an N hook. It's 112 stitches per row, and only 66 rows plus a border. Working with such a large hook can be hard on your hands though.

That is a great pattern and a lovely afghan. I saved it for doing later as a Project Linus project.

Potucks are great.

Good morning. I forgot that it was my time to host the monthly charity cal until yesterday so had to scramble to get it going. But we already have a good group. I'm working on a couple of prayer shawls and a baby quilt. If I rotate between them I should be able to make a lot of progress without doing myself in. :lol

It was crisp and brisk this morning when I took Sweet Pea for her morning walk. The leaves are at the glorious peak and it truly feels like fall. Still just need a sweatshirt to stay warm. One of the perks of living in the South. :Doh how wonderful! Its been beautiful here too ... today the sun isnt as bright... but its still a lovely Fall day!

You're way more ambitious than me. :D

Hang in there. Thanks sweetie!!!

Potucks are great.

Good afternoon ladies :hi

I had a family of patients this morning, regulars :) Then I went to lunch with Ingrid and now I'm here. I have an event tonight with PYP. Other than that, not much going on. But I feel like I'm always on the move. I just want to take a break and relax a bit :sigh

My mom is having a good day and is even attempting a short outing :xfin

I'll catch y'all later :hug

Here are my fleece mittens. I found a pattern online and then tweaked it a bit to make it a bit easier to sew. LOVE THESE!!! Those are really neat... great job!

this is the baby sweater I knit last week. It is knit all in one piece and then the tops of the sleeves are sewn together to finish it. love it! too cute!

Tammy, the pattern that the church had was for the wrong kind of cover, but I did find these two on-line. They are for fabric bags that you can sew together. Not sure if this will help, but they don't sound too hard to make.

http://www.ehow.com/how_8652360_make-catheter-bag-covers.html

http://www.joeydavila.net/subject/pattern+for+catheter+bag/

Super cute mittens and sweater, Cindy.

Good afternoon ladies :hi

I had a family of patients this morning, regulars :) Then I went to lunch with Ingrid and now I'm here. I have an event tonight with PYP. Other than that, not much going on. But I feel like I'm always on the move. I just want to take a break and relax a bit :sigh

My mom is having a good day and is even attempting a short outing :xfin

I'll catch y'all later :hug

that's good to hear about your mom...

Here are my fleece mittens. I found a pattern online and then tweaked it a bit to make it a bit easier to sew.

they look great!

And I love the ghan pattern you posted the link for.

Linda, I just kept on going all day...still going...which is good, because we have our book club tonight. We're probably going to spend the entire first hour comparing horror stories about Sandy....

And for those foodies among us...I made chicken marsala for dinner tonight:D

Have a great night my friends:hug:manyheart

this is the baby sweater I knit last week. It is knit all in one piece and then the tops of the sleeves are sewn together to finish it.

Cindy - love the mittens and baby sweater!!! Mittens look so nice and warm!

Thanks for all the ideas ladies--will be testing Tam's ripple afghan! Will post pictures as I can. It looks really easy and should work up fast!

Joanne - hope things went well for you at work today. I think we've finally figured out the program with the computers--yea!!! Will know more as the days go on.

Will have both GS tomorrow night, so I'll be busy with them. Next week is a short week for me!!!! I was told if I get my work done early on Wednesday, I can leave early WOOOHOOOO!!! And I have Thursday and Friday off.

Have a great night all!

Tammy, the pattern that the church had was for the wrong kind of cover, but I did find these two on-line. They are for fabric bags that you can sew together. Not sure if this will help, but they don't sound too hard to make. Thanks for the links... they did help with some ideas... I think tomorrow I will get started on what I sketched out. :hook

http://www.ehow.com/how_8652360_make-catheter-bag-covers.html

http://www.joeydavila.net/subject/pattern+for+catheter+bag/

Super cute mittens and sweater, Cindy.

Thanks for all the ideas ladies--will be testing Tam's ripple afghan! Will post pictures as I can. It looks really easy and should work up fast! cant wait to see pics! :D

Joanne - hope things went well for you at work today. I think we've finally figured out the program with the computers--yea!!! Will know more as the days go on.

Will have both GS tomorrow night, so I'll be busy with them. Next week is a short week for me!!!! I was told if I get my work done early on Wednesday, I can leave early WOOOHOOOO!!! And I have Thursday and Friday off. Oh... that would be nice to leave early on Wednesday!!!

Have a great night all!

Thanks for all the ideas ladies--will be testing Tam's ripple afghan! Will post pictures as I can. It looks really easy and should work up fast!

Will have both GS tomorrow night, so I'll be busy with them. Next week is a short week for me!!!! I was told if I get my work done early on Wednesday, I can leave early WOOOHOOOO!!! And I have Thursday and Friday off.

Have a great night all!

Oh, Sherry, that would be wonderful! I hope it works out for you.

Just got back from prayer shawl group. We've got 6 shawls going out tomorrow and possibly a baby blanket next week for a couple who showed up at the food bank with a 5 day old little one yesterday.

Happy Friday!

Whew- this week has been a whirlwind at work---

Cindy- love the fleece mittens and the baby sweater is so cute!

Sherry- I'll pray you get out early Wed---no such luck here--but that's ok---at least I'm off Thanksgiving and the day after- so it's a 4 day weekend!

How was book club, Judy? Did you spend the entire night talking about Sandy? A friend of DH's just got power back last night on Staten Island!!!

I've got to run- didn't even realize I didn't post yesterday!!! Read through all that's been going on- and don't have time to post individuals----keeping everyone in my thoughts and prayers

Missing Julie- and I hope she is ok........

post-18634-135897787065_thumb.gif

How is everyone this morning?

I'm tired...LOL... some night... I will get a real nights rest.... sheeeesh

Boys are all getting ready for school. Michael has been a real trooper this week.

I had a good day of crocheting yesterday... I only have a few more rows to do on my ripple'ghan. I swear.. If I would stop interuptinig myself with other projects.. I'd had that thing done already. I can crochet a ripple'ghan in 3 days normally with interuptions... this one has taken a good solid week or more... :sigh

An example of my interuption is that I made another pair of slippers yesterday as part of the Nov. Charity week CAL. I have a beanie started too... need to finish that today.

And I will finish the ripple'ghan!!! LOL

I would like to make another pair of slippers tonight. I have a personal goal to make a pair of slippers each day for the charity. :hook

Well... the boys are off....

Fresh pot of coffee made.... yes... that means 2nd pot already this morning.

Gonna get some crocheting done.

Catch back up later

morning peeps.

Cindy, yetserday I quoted from your pictures...and didn't comment...DOH.:P

I really do love your work. And for someone who claims to be a slow, beginning knitter - the baby sweater is too cute!:clap

How was book club, Judy? Did you spend the entire night talking about Sandy? A friend of DH's just got power back last night on Staten Island!!!

It was hard staying on track - we did discuss the book, but Sandy sucked out a lot of air out of the room. We're all still trying to get back on an even keel. Depressed, no interest in Thanksgiving, etc...the ususal PTSD stuff.

I've got to run- didn't even realize I didn't post yesterday!!! Read through all that's been going on- and don't have time to post individuals----keeping everyone in my thoughts and prayers

Missing Julie- and I hope she is ok........

I tried 3 ways to get in touch with Julie...no answers. I'm hoping that doens't mean things are worse for her. I know not being able to work wih yarn hit her very very hard, as you can imagine.

Tam, I'm looking forward to seeing your ripple patern written out once Sherry tests it!

Gotta go. BBL:hug:manyheart

Hi Ho.............. quick pop in to show off the slippers I made. :hook

[ATTACH]60142[/ATTACH]

You are one caffeinated crocheting machine!:lol:lol:lol Awesome!:clap:clap

Thanks for the kind words about my work, Ladies. Judy, that baby sweater is truly super simple. Its all straight knitting, but it uses increases and decreases to make the sweater shape, so its not as boring as it sounds. (somewhat similar to the idea of the crocheted hexagon baby sweater or the famous knit baby surprise jacket.) The sweater was a good way to practice knitting along with following directions in a knitting pattern.

No big plans for today here. Dd is sleeping as she is working tonight, so I will be hanging out on the family room or sewing room. (although dd claims never to hear me, no matter what I am doing around the house.) I vacuumed and cleaned bathrooms and kitchen yesterday, so just some dusting and picking up to do today. We will likely go visit the in-laws for a bit tonight. They are more and more housebound these days.

I have to work this weekend, and expect to be scarce around here. Tomorrow evening we are going to a work related dinner.

Pretty, Are these for you, finally? If so, smart move, making these in girly colors, the boys might leave them alone!

Thanks.... LOL... no.. not for me. They are for a charity drive auntbubbles is doing. Till then... my feet stay cold...LOL...LOL

oh..btw... girly colors wouldnt stop my boys from stealing them. They are so fun! Even my 30yr old boys would steal them! LOL

Archived