Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Mary, it'll be great having my routine and our normal lives back. Lucy and Sparkie did very well, though I did see Sparkie with his nose tucked under his tail more times than I'd like. Poor old guy was cold!! The night we had the snow (the nor'easter) all 4 of us bunked at a nearby friend's house. His power had been on for days already and he loves the dogs - they get along beautifully. It worked out great...once Lucy stopped inspecting the entire house!:lol

We're going to sleep so much better tonight - it's tough turning over in bed when you're wearing 3 layers of clothes and have a pile of blankets on top of you!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:clap:clap:clap So, so happy to hear you finally got your power back, Judy- I still have some friends that didn't have it back--hopefully today when they got home after work, they were welcomed home with warmth and light!!!!!

I'll try and catch up with all of you over the weekend, but now I have some cleaning to do and I'm putting together a disaster tote packing flashlights/lanterns (except for a couple that I'll keep for normal times) some canned foods that don't expire until the end of 2013/beg 2014, a first aid kit, batteries,, etc. We had plenty of non-perishable food, water and batteries, candles and lights. We did buy some more LED flashlights that take AA batteries and I'm going to make a kit for each of my daughter's for Christmas. After going without power for 10 days, it's important to just have a kit with all you need to grab and go. And so much easier to have flashlights/radio's that take AA batteries rather than D's which the stores always seem to run out of

Have a good night everyone!

And JUDY:hug:hug:hug:hug

Joanne, you're right about the AA batteries. Three of our flashlights use those, as does our emergency portable radio. Only our Coleman lantern uses D batteries, and that gives off lots of light.

I'm not going to even try to catch up for 12 days!

If there's anything big happening please, please let me know. Otherwise I'll just jump in here.

Joanne, you're right about the AA batteries. Three of our flashlights use those, as does our emergency portable radio. Only our Coleman lantern uses D batteries, and that gives off lots of light.

I'm not going to even try to catch up for 12 days!

If there's anything big happening please, please let me know. Otherwise I'll just jump in here.

Probably a good idea to just jump right back in--I think I'm going to do the same!!!

I'm baaaaaack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Met a nice lineman from Louisiana yesterday and one from Kentucky today.

Bless their souls. The Kentucky guy said they were up here BEFORE Sandy hit. Way to go, Gov. Christie!

Once my fingers thaw I'll be back in full crochet mode!

Missed you guys osmething terrible!:hug:manyheart

JUDY!!!!!!!!!! I am I ever so glad to hear from you. Hooray for having lights and heat again! :clap :clap :clap

Mary, it'll be great having my routine and our normal lives back. Lucy and Sparkie did very well, though I did see Sparkie with his nose tucked under his tail more times than I'd like. Poor old guy was cold!! The night we had the snow (the nor'easter) all 4 of us bunked at a nearby friend's house. His power had been on for days already and he loves the dogs - they get along beautifully. It worked out great...once Lucy stopped inspecting the entire house!:lol

We're going to sleep so much better tonight - it's tough turning over in bed when you're wearing 3 layers of clothes and have a pile of blankets on top of you!

I'm glad to hear you didn't have to tough out the nor'easter with no heat.

:clap:clap:clap So, so happy to hear you finally got your power back, Judy- I still have some friends that didn't have it back--hopefully today when they got home after work, they were welcomed home with warmth and light!!!!!

I'll try and catch up with all of you over the weekend, but now I have some cleaning to do and I'm putting together a disaster tote packing flashlights/lanterns (except for a couple that I'll keep for normal times) some canned foods that don't expire until the end of 2013/beg 2014, a first aid kit, batteries,, etc. We had plenty of non-perishable food, water and batteries, candles and lights. We did buy some more LED flashlights that take AA batteries and I'm going to make a kit for each of my daughter's for Christmas. After going without power for 10 days, it's important to just have a kit with all you need to grab and go. And so much easier to have flashlights/radio's that take AA batteries rather than D's which the stores always seem to run out of

Have a good night everyone!

And JUDY:hug:hug:hug:hug

JOANNE!!!! Glad to hear from you again, too. I've been worried about you gals up there in all the mess.

You might want to check out my post from page 1083. It's most of the way down the page. It's got what I've come up with for a business card for my business. I checked out "Busy Bee Creations" today and it's available. I can get set up as an LLC and get a tax ID # for $238 and it only takes about a week to get it. So I think that will be on my agenda for early next year. In the mean time, I want to get some pictures of past projects and references from their owners. And I want to get some before and after pictures of an afghan I'm to repair and a thread tablecloth that I'm also lined up to repair. I don't really expect to get a lot of business, at least not at first, but it looks like a niche that doesn't have much competition in it, so it could grow into something. I hope. :devil

Linda I love your idea for your new business! :manyheart Glad that you have decided to forgo watching Kim today!

Judy- I bet you slept well last night in a nice warm home! I got up early- and began to clean--it's amazing how 'clean' a house can look when you are living by candle light!:lol

Putting a list together for some grocery shopping- will NOT be stocking up- just getting what we need since everything in the fridge/freezer had to be thrown out

Hope you ALL have a wonderful day!!!!

'morning, peeps!

Toasty house this morning:D BUT...it was so warm we both had a hard time getting to sleep! Go figure.:lol

Good Morning, House. My sister is going to the hospital today and I'm taking DH for his eye appointment. They will probably move mom to rehab today and then we'll start the process of moving them, selling their house, etc.

Hugs, sweetie....

I will catch up with you all soon, but wanted to share this...all I have to do is look at these two and it makes everything else easier to deal with. ♥♥♥

Oh, how wonderful!! :c9

Thanks for your input.

I've been leaning that way myself. Rosie and I came up with:

| Busy Bee Creations: |

| ..................................................|

| :bee Heirloom Crochet Repairs............ |

| :chook Home Made Quilts .....................|

| :bee Original Crochet Patterns........... .|

| ................................................. |

| L. Twentyman 678-898-2465 ...........|

|________________________________|

(The logo would be a smiling bee holding a crochet hook.) It should work for the name and business cards I think. Input requested and welcome. :hook

Fantastic!!!!!

My 1st cousin, Bob, has been battling pancreatic cancer for the last two years. He died today a little before noon. Please keep his wife and family in your prayers. :cry

Have a good evening everyone. Catch you tomorrow. :hug

How sad....such a long battle:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:(

Joanne - perhaps tomorrow!

We lost my aunt at 6:30p today! Please pray for my cousins!

Good night!

Oh, Val:hug:manyheart

Good morning. It's much warmer today, compared to the last several days. I just needed a light sweatshirt to stay warm.

Joanne, I'm so sorry about all the lost food. I imagine you have the same problem, Judy. And so very many other affected by the storms.

I'm continuing to fine tune the name/logo/business card, but it's essentially very much like the initial one. I've drawn a prototype of the bee and added the line "Home Made Crochet Items" to the list. I made a bunch of Christmas stockings for one of Kim's cousins which I would consider making for others and I certainly make a lot of prayer shawls, so shawls might be something to put there as well. Also hats and scarves.

Hope everone has a great weekend. :manyheart

Yup, food had to be tossed out, Linda. Our insurance company gave us money toward getting more...and in one trip to the food store this morning we used almost all of it:P Fridge looks good: nice and clean and not jammed with too much.:lol

Laundry is going...I did one load at a friend's house a week ago, another at the laundromat yesterday morning and today is the sweat clothes, etc that we were sleeping in - and towels, sheets...:blah

Later, gators....

Judy, so good to finally hear from you again.

we are home and unpacking is done. I'm really tired though, dh insisted on leaving yesterday evening after we went to dinner and a show with my brother and then he drove half the night before we stopped to sleep. We were up again at the crack of dawn to hit the road again. Its a bout an 11.5 hour trip from here, so it could be done in one day. It's kind of nice to be here and all unpacked by mid afternoon, rather than late evening. Laundry can wait for tomorrow though.

I'm off to take a nap, will try to catch up later.

*sigh................ :sigh

OmGosh................ I'm sorry I went a little MIA again.

My son Michael isnt feeling well... looks like a relapse is setting in.

He did so well too .... 18 months of remission. Now this!

Doctors on Monday to determine the meds and dose.

love you guys

have a great weekend

:heart

:mug

*sigh................ :sigh

OmGosh................ I'm sorry I went a little MIA again.

My son Michael isnt feeling well... looks like a relapse is setting in.

He did so well too .... 18 months of remission. Now this!

Doctors on Monday to determine the meds and dose.

love you guys

have a great weekend

Darn it all anyway! You've had more than your share of sickness to deal with, Tammy. Hoping this relapse won't last long and will respond quickly to treatment. :hug:hug:hug

Darn it all anyway! You've had more than your share of sickness to deal with, Tammy. Hoping this relapse won't last long and will respond quickly to treatment. :hug :hug :hug

Thanks so much sweetie! :hug

I tell ya.... I hate all this darn sickness... and it hurts my heart so much to see my boy sick! :sigh

Why... just why does there have to be illnesses!

Good thing I have my crocheting to keep me busy... or I would go crazier than I already am.... :D

thanks again hon! :hug

Good morning!

Today is supposed to be up in the mid-sixties!! Where was this warm weather when we were without power and heat?:lol

Tammy- :hug Will be praying for Michael!

Had a nice afternoon yesterday- went over to DD's and we watched the Rutgers game together and they won---they are now 8-1 on the season!:clap It was a great win considering all this state has been through!!!

Of course got to spend more time with Ryan!- that was the highlight of the days w/out power from Sun-Wed when DD had her power back and we spent the evenings there- spending time with Ryan.

Today, her sis-in-law's twins are being christened and then a party afterwards at their house.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone!

Good Morning, House. :manyheart

Tam ~ Hugs from me, too. :hug I hope Michael feels much better soon...please let us know what the doctor says! ♥♥♥

Judy ~ I hope you feel somewhat caught up now and that things will be back to normal for you guys. How nice that you were able to stay warm at your neighbors' house during the storm...and that "the children" behaved. :wink

Joanne ~ How wonderful to finish so many scarves! I wondered if you all were able to crochet during the power outage...or if your hands would be too cold. Have a good day!

Cindy ~ I'm glad you're home safely. That is a long drive!

Valerie ~ Oh, what a shock to see Texas A&M beat Alabama. I was actually rooting for AL! I hope you and your family are doing okay. :manyheart

I was gone from 9 until 5 yesterday. Road construction made by trip home 2½ hours instead of 1½. :( There truly isn't another route to get to my parents' town...and this will go on for weeks. :eek The staff all seem very friendly and efficient. I had lunch with mom and the food was very good, so things are okay for now.

Laundry and catch-up today and definitely some crochet time later. :crocheting

¸¸.•*"Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ"*•.¸¸ Good Morning House ¸¸.•*"Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ"*•.¸¸

Well... not a good day right now..... :(

Michael woke up gaining 2 more pounds in water weight... and I have one heck of a headache... so bad.. my eyes are blurry.

Michael is feeling okay... just sluggish. So we didnt go to the early service and wont be going to the second service at church today. :sigh

I'll finish up the laundry today and get lots of crocheting done... It stormed something crazy last night... so its nice and gloomy today... a good day to stay in and play with my yarn. :hook

awww, Tammy:hug:hug:hug:hug:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart Thank you sweetie!

Good morning!

Today is supposed to be up in the mid-sixties!! Where was this warm weather when we were without power and heat?:lol

Tammy- :hug Will be praying for Michael! Thank you my dear!

Had a nice afternoon yesterday- went over to DD's and we watched the Rutgers game together and they won---they are now 8-1 on the season!:clap It was a great win considering all this state has been through!!!

Of course got to spend more time with Ryan!- that was the highlight of the days w/out power from Sun-Wed when DD had her power back and we spent the evenings there- spending time with Ryan. aww.. so glad you had a good time!!!

Today, her sis-in-law's twins are being christened and then a party afterwards at their house. Praise God!

Enjoy your Sunday everyone! You too sweetie!!! :hug

Good Morning, House. :manyheart

Tam ~ Hugs from me, too. :hug I hope Michael feels much better soon...please let us know what the doctor says! ♥♥♥ Thanks hon! I sure will!

Judy ~ I hope you feel somewhat caught up now and that things will be back to normal for you guys. How nice that you were able to stay warm at your neighbors' house during the storm...and that "the children" behaved. :wink

Joanne ~ How wonderful to finish so many scarves! I wondered if you all were able to crochet during the power outage...or if your hands would be too cold. Have a good day!

Cindy ~ I'm glad you're home safely. That is a long drive!

Valerie ~ Oh, what a shock to see Texas A&M beat Alabama. I was actually rooting for AL! I hope you and your family are doing okay. :manyheart

I was gone from 9 until 5 yesterday. Road construction made by trip home 2½ hours instead of 1½. :( There truly isn't another route to get to my parents' town...and this will go on for weeks. :eek The staff all seem very friendly and efficient. I had lunch with mom and the food was very good, so things are okay for now. glad you had a nice lunch with your mom.... wow.. sorry about that extra hour to get home... yikes!

Laundry and catch-up today and definitely some crochet time later. :crochetingMe too! Laundry and crochet for the day!

Have a fantastic day everyone! :hug

Tammy ~ Oh, I hope the headache clears up soon. :hug

Haven't been keeping up with reading the paper or checking ads online lately...maybe I shouldn't have this morning.:lol Michael's is having a huge yarn sale and Vanna's is only $1.99! Today and tomorrow, your entire purchase is 25% off. I hope they still have some left tomorrow 'cause I really want to stay home today. :)

Tammy ~ Oh, I hope the headache clears up soon. :hugThanks hon!!! :hug

Haven't been keeping up with reading the paper or checking ads online lately...maybe I shouldn't have this morning.:lol Michael's is having a huge yarn sale and Vanna's is only $1.99! Today and tomorrow, your entire purchase is 25% off. I hope they still have some left tomorrow 'cause I really want to stay home today. :)ooooooh... need to look into this!!! :hook

Tammy ~ Oh, I hope the headache clears up soon. :hug

Haven't been keeping up with reading the paper or checking ads online lately...maybe I shouldn't have this morning.:lol Michael's is having a huge yarn sale and Vanna's is only $1.99! Today and tomorrow, your entire purchase is 25% off. I hope they still have some left tomorrow 'cause I really want to stay home today. :)

Uh-oh. I don't have a need for yarn, but...:devil

Archived