Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just checking in- still have power- but the winds have really kicked it up a notch or two or three. It's going to be a long night.

Judy lost power earlier....

i worked from home for a while since it kept my mind busy and there is a lot to do since we are in the testing phase of the project. The four of us who are the core Project Team were all working-

Off I go to try and spend a little time with hook and yarn.......

I didn't get home until 3:30. :eek I have Fox News on and the pictures are incredible. Keeping fingers crossed that none of you are affected too badly. :hug

Judy ~ Sorry you've lost power. Stay safe! :manyheart

DD's incision isn't healing too well, so she has to go back tomorrow for another dressing, etc. They'll call if I need to pick up Luke from school - of course Zach stays with his mommy :) and SIL will take her tomorrow.

I feel bad for not keeping up better, but I'm reading each post and thinking of all of you! Tonight is crochet time, no matter what! ;)

Sorry to hear that Judy has lost power, but good to hear from you, Joanne. Keeping everyone in my prayers as Sandy make landfall. :hug

Going to put DD in my prayers, too, Mary. Hopefully it will be okay, just slower to heal than the doc would like.

I've spent a good bit of the afternoon quilting the first baby quilt. I think I'm going to do a bit more on it, but will look at it a bit before doing any more. I like the way it's turning out so far. :)

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, Yes it was the outlets in Michigan City. Those waves on Lake Michigan are from "Sandy". I hope no one goes out on those piers either. Cindy enjoy your trip. I hope it will be a little bit warmer there for you than it is here.

Joanne, Thanks for the update on Judy. Hope the rest of you ladies don't lose yours.

Mary, Hope DD starts to heal better soon. I will say a pray for her. Don't worry about keeping up with us. You've have been very busy with your family and that takes top priority.

Linda, Way to go on the quilting.

I cooked up some summer squash my sister gave me and froze it. I did get some laundry done. Keeping everyone in my prayers. Be safe! :hug

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, Yes it was the outlets in Michigan City. Those waves on Lake Michigan are from "Sandy". I hope no one goes out on those piers either. Cindy enjoy your trip. I hope it will be a little bit warmer there for you than it is here.

I have been watching the news and I see that our windy weather and cloud cover are due to Sandy.

I sure hope all our friends on the east coast stay safe. My nephew and his family are in Boston and one of my cousins lives in new Jersey. Prayers for all.

Was just watching the news and it's all about Sandy and the water and wind havock in New England. Take care everyone there. :hug

I've trimmed up the baby quilt and will be putting on the binding tomorrow. Did a little crocheting for variety. :hook

Good morning. It is all the way up to 42* at 10:00. :wbrr I saw the maintenance man while walking Sweet Pea this morning and his comment was, "I am officially ready for winter to be over!" :lol I have been in the South long enough to appreciate that. :lol But it really doesn't count as winter. Late fall yes, but not winter.

Was watching the weather channel and saw that there are over 4 Million people without power in New York and New Jersey! :eek Yikes. And a couple of million more in the neighboring states. Hoping everyone stays safe there. :hug

Good morning housemates :hi

I'm back in Pitt and think the last time I was here was Friday :think I left Friday night to head over to Newark, Kathy and I just hung out at the house in the evening catching up and watching tv. We left for the seminar Sat morning and we took both cars since I had plans to meet Joanne and Kathy had some work to get done. After meeting with Joanne, we were meeting with another friend for a late dinner....the one that got married earlier this year. So we had a lot of people that traveled to the seminar and as Joanne said, they decided to stay an hour over on Sat to get us done an hour earlier on Sun. There was a couple from Toronto who got a call on Sat that their Sun flight was canceled and they were able to pick one up Sat night and they had to leave the seminar early. So, Joanne and I didn't not get to meet up then as she had a lot to do for preparations. Kathy and I met our friend and a few others for dinner and it ended up being a late night. Had to be back at the seminar on Sun by 8. Around 10, headquarters that hosts the seminar called and said they were starting evacuations in the area and that we should end the seminar so everyone can get to where they were going. Well, on that note they also weren't giving the full 12 credits for the seminar then and everyone started to have a canary! So the ultimate decision was to stay and finish the material, but all the little extras were cut out to make up the time. We were out then by 11 and they did give the full 12 credits :clap Driving from Newark to my parents was not bad, but I was tired. Had dinner with my parents and then we just layed around all day dozing in and out of sleep :lol

My mom is feeling a bit better and seems a little more energized. I think she is holding more in. Although she's still going to the bathroom too frequently, it's starting to show some type of formation (not every time, but it won't be a quick fix) so I think that also gave her a mental boost as well. She was supposed to have her dr appt yesterday, but they postponed until tomorrow.

It started to rain there on Sun, but not bad. Yesterday morning it was rainy and windy as I was getting ready. My dad came home from work so he and I went for breakfast/brunch before I was leaving, they were driving him crazy because of the storm and he felt like they were going a bit overboard :lol Let's just say he works for the maintenance of the power company :eek Anyhow, by the time I loaded the car and then we went to eat it picked up considerably. So I left around 11:30 and of course had to stop in Hershey to meet Delaney on my way back. I hung out for about 40 minutes before a big gust came through and I decided that was my cue. She is so tiny and sweet :manyheart

The trip between Hazleton and Hershey was not great, but also not horrible. I got back to Pitt around 6:30 and the trip from Hershey to Pitt was just horrible, as I expected. There was a considerable amount of traffic still and some trucks were still speeding like crazy but for the most part, everyone driving was pretty respectful and patient with the slower moving people.

I got up and went to the gym this morning, although I really didn't want to. Steph told me to skip today, and I said I already skipped the whole last week :lol Tonight is supposed to be the first meetup for the Knit the Bridge group in my area. Not sure if anyone will show, but I'll stay and see. Ummm, I think that brings us up to date. Pitt is supposed to get the bulk of Sandy today and tomorrow. I have a river across the street that has a tendency to flood with these larger storms, but I'm thinking it will be alright. After the last one a few years back they build a wall around the front of our building and have sand bags now blocking off the walkways around the wall to the buildings just in case it does come up that far.

Linda - Glad to continue to improve :hug Sounds great for some pizza and quilting with Rosie.

Marlene - Glad you had fun in Chicago, I love it there :yes My mom will sure use the grill if the power goes out....wearing a garbage bag.

Cindy - I hope lake Michigan did not get those waves :eek Happy belated anniversary :yay

Judy - Hope all is well and your house remains undamaged. Joanne mentioned you lost power, so it's a good thing you had that warm meal :yes

Sherry - Gorgeous shawler :manyheart

Joanne - Hope all is well. Not sure if you've lost your power, but I think you're last message was yesterday afternoon :think

Val - Good luck with all that thread :hug

Mary - :yay for Luke and baby Z. I hope dd's incision is doing better :xfin

Phyllis - Also hoping you're well over there :hug

Thank you all for the prayers and I'm continuing them for the others who are getting hit harder than I am :ghug

Hi Ladies! I did need to pick up Luke from school and take him home - his mom, dad and baby got home just a few minutes later. So, I'm home for the afternoon. :)

Judy, Joanne, Phyllis and others in the east must be without power...praying you are all safe and dry. :hug

Sherry ~ Your shawler is gorgeous! Beautiful work and color! :cheer

Valerie ~ When I read you will finish the afghans before Christmas,:eek I was thinking it would take me until next Christmas. :lol

Linda ~ Yay for getting more quilts put together! :clap Sweet Pea must love the morning walks...she has adapted so well. :yes

Marisa ~ I'm glad you're home safe and sound. :manyheart

Marlene ~ Your Chicago trip sounds like lots of fun. I was raised in Iowa and we used to go to Chicago every couple of years...museums were always on the list of places to visit. :)

Cindy ~ Congrats for cleaning your crafting areas! Has the storm affected your travel plans? :think

Hi to anyone I may have missed. :manyheart

Here is little bit at one week old. Still in his car seat after they came home today... :c9

post-10699-135897784465_thumb.jpg

Marisa, I am glad to hear that mom is a bit better. And I'm really, really glad that you made it home safely.

Hi Ladies! I did need to pick up Luke from school and take him home - his mom, dad and baby got home just a few minutes later. So, I'm home for the afternoon. :)

Here is little bit at one week old. Still in his car seat after they came home today... :c9

Zack is Adorable!!! :hug

Judy, Joanne, Phyllis and others in the east must be without power...praying you are all safe and dry. :hug

Sherry ~ Your shawler is gorgeous! Beautiful work and color! :cheer

Valerie ~ When I read you will finish the afghans before Christmas,:eek I was thinking it would take me until next Christmas. :lol

Linda ~ Yay for getting more quilts put together! :clap Sweet Pea must love the morning walks...she has adapted so well. :yes

Marisa ~ I'm glad you're home safe and sound. :manyheart

Marlene ~ Your Chicago trip sounds like lots of fun. I was raised in Iowa and we used to go to Chicago every couple of years...museums were always on the list of places to visit. :)

Cindy ~ Congrats for cleaning your crafting areas! Has the storm affected your travel plans? :think

Hi to anyone I may have missed. :manyheart

Absolutely adorablel :manyheart

Afternoon housemates!

Marisa - glad your mom is improving. Thanks for letting us know you made it home safely. Have fun tonight...I hope you have a good turnout.

Mary - Baby Z is so cute. Congrats again!

Judy & Joanne - I hope you're doing okay!

My mom is feeling a bit better and seems a little more energized. I think she is holding more in. Although she's still going to the bathroom too frequently, it's starting to show some type of formation (not every time, but it won't be a quick fix) so I think that also gave her a mental boost as well. She was supposed to have her dr appt yesterday, but they postponed until tomorrow.

Cindy - I hope lake Michigan did not get those waves :eek Happy belated anniversary :yay

Lake Michigan did not get those big waves, I heard they were around 20 feet, (which is still pretty big!) We are currently getting a mix of rain and snow thanks to Sandy. Lots of power outages here due to the wind, although nothing compared to the east coast.

So glad to hear that your mom is showing some improvement.

I'm hoping that we can still leave on Friday as planned. I don't think there should be any problem.

Zachary is very cute! Hope dd's incision is doing better.

Thank you, everyone. :manyheart Zach is a sweetie and almost never cries! He's starting to react to voices and movement around him - Luke absolutely adores him. :)

I hope those affected by the storm can communicate soon and let us know how they are. We're worried about you guys! :hug

Marisa ~ Hopefully, your mom is on the mend now.:manyheart

Hi Ladies,

Mary, Baby Z is adorable.

Marisa, Glad you made it home safely. Glad there is some improvement with your Mom. Your Dad is going to be very busy real soon if not already.

Linda, I agree with your maintenance worker i'm ready for winter to be over and it hasn't even got here yet.

Cindy, There was people out on the piers today. I seen it on the new tonight. Hope you trip doesn't have to be postponed.

Val, Sorry DN had her schedule changed around and caused you two trips.

East coast girls, Know your in are prayers. I hope your all safe.

With the winds we had here the cover blew right off are rv so we have to put that back on when the winds calm down. It is always windy here on the lake so glad it happened while we were still here.

I made some banana bread today and did some more laundry. I have the bedding to wash tomorrow.

The lady were getting the puppy from called today and we can pick her up this weekend. So we will get her on sunday, saturday we have a full day. Have a good wednesday!

Marlene, how exciting that you are getting your new furbaby this weekend!

We're supposed to get down close to freezing tonight and still be in the upper 30's the next two nights before getting back to more normal temps by the weekend.

Spent the evening with Rosie and John. We watched NCIS, NCIS-LA, and Vegas and I gave John a back rub. He was cutting up some branches that were dead in their trees and pulling them down before they could blow down today. He ended up with a really sore back. :lol None of us are as young as we wish we were anymore. :(

I'm heading for bed. Hope you all have a good night. See you all tomorrow. :manyheart

Good morning housemates!

I just dropped GN off at school and DN at work. I have to take DNeP to work at 8:30.

I need prayer for my mom's oldest sister and her kids. She has the C-diff(under control) but yesterday test showed she has stomach cancer(too late for any treatment). They are sending her home on Thursday with hospice. She is 82. My cousins are divided on whether to tell her.

Today would have been my mom's 74th birthday. RIP MOM!

I guess Joanne's power is gone too since we haven't heard from her either. Missing my friends. Continuously, praying for all.

Good Morning. :)

Marlene ~ It's so exciting that you will soon have the puppy! Banana bread sounds yummy!

Linda ~ Time with Rosie and John sounds so nice. I love NCIS and never get tired of it.

Valerie ~ I'm so sorry for your mom's sister and kids. :hug I hope you have a good day after your chauffeur duties are over. ;)

Cindy ~ It's almost Friday! What projects will you be taking?

Gracie goes to the groomer at 9:30 and I'm going to work in the yard for a while. We carved our pumpkin last night. :jack

Good morning ladies :hi

Still raining here, but not bad. Some surrounding areas got snow, but mine did not. Nothing really new since yesterday.

Marlene - How exciting to get your new fur baby this weekend :bounce I hope your RV doesn't get damaged at all without its cover.

Linda - Sounds like a nice evening with Rosie and John. So sweet of you to rub his back for him :manyheart

Val - Prayers for your aunt and cousins :hug :hug :hug

Mary - Have fun with Gracie at the groomers :wink

Good morning. I slept in late this morning. Didn't realize I was so tired. It's still brisk out with plenty of wind swaying the trees.

Good morning housemates!

I just dropped GN off at school and DN at work. I have to take DNeP to work at 8:30.

I need prayer for my mom's oldest sister and her kids. She has the C-diff(under control) but yesterday test showed she has stomach cancer(too late for any treatment). They are sending her home on Thursday with hospice. She is 82. My cousins are divided on whether to tell her.

I say tell her. They didn't tell my grandfather and so he didn't get to say his goodbyes to family and friends. He suspected at the end but couldn't talk about it because no one had the courage to tell him the truth. I wasn't all that old, but accidently found out, and it was awful not being able to spend extra time with him. I would have spent a lot more if it was out in the open.

Today would have been my mom's 74th birthday. RIP MOM!

Hugs. :hug

I guess Joanne's power is gone too since we haven't heard from her either. Missing my friends. Continuously, praying for all.

Hoping Judy, Joanne, and Phyllis are all okay. Also hope they don't have to exist without power for too long.

Hello everyone. I still don't feel very well, (it's just a cold, but it is really making me tired). However I had to go into work to learn about some new equipment this morning, and while I was out, I got groceries. I may do a couple of loads of laundry later this afternoon.

Val, I don't know what projects I will take on vacation. Its always so hard to decide. it would be much easier if I did not have so many WIPS! Whatever i take along will be it, since the only place within about 40 miles to buy yarn will be Walmart, and I would not make a trip to Walmart, just for yarn.

I agree with Marisa, that it would probably be good for your cousins to tell their mom about her diagnosis. I wonder if they would want to know if it was them? They may have concerns about her giving up or being overly depressed if she knows too soon.

Sure hope Joanne and Judy are alright,. It seems odd not hearing from the two of them, since they are such faithful posters.

Archived