Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Cindy, I have not finished it. We will have to make this a must do at the first of the new year. I also have to finish my Bernat mystery ghan. I got side tracked with my paid orders. We need to come up with a rotation for our 63 square ghan!

Hope your ipad comes soon so you can be on your way!

I really want to get mine done, its been a WIP for years!:eek (and I mean that literally!)

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning ladies :hi

I went to the gym last night and slept in this morning :) I think I'm getting sick because I'm feeling a bit hazy :think Today is my youngest nephews birthday so I text my SIL to see if he's up yet, but haven't heard back yet. They're in Phoenix so are 3 hours behind us.

Linda - Glad you were able to finish the baby blankets, can't wait to see pics. I hope you make great progress on your prayer shawl today :xfin

Sherry - Another thing about the knee surgery that I can't enforce enough is to follow the doctors instructions to the T, including any exercises and nutritional plan they give you the few weeks prior as well :soap Sorry about the water main break, but at least you got to go home :devil

Cindy - Have a safe trip. You have some good 'bringable' projects lined up. Did you finish the kitchen?

Marlene - Glad to hear the new doc seems promising :xfin

Val - I'm going to a seminar in Cleveland tomorrow and not sure about Sunday. There are a few things going on I think :think

Jut checking in quick from old bridge. Still no power in my area of town. Glad to hear Phyllis got hers back. That gives me some hope. Didn't read posts. Trying to conserve battery. Hugs to you all!!!

Jut checking in quick from old bridge. Still no power in my area of town. Glad to hear Phyllis got hers back. That gives me some hope. Didn't read posts. Trying to conserve battery. Hugs to you all!!!

Great to hear from you Joanne! Hopefully you'll get power back very soon. :hug

Cindy - Have a safe trip. You have some good 'bringable' projects lined up. Did you finish the kitchen?

sort of.... I figure I won't be here so I did the sink, counters, appliances and so forth, but did not wash the floor, just swept it.

Good to hear from you, hope the power is back soon.

Hi everyone. :)

Phyllis ~ I hope you've warmed up by now and are getting things back to normal. :manyheart

Joanne ~ Oh, I was so hoping to come home and find that you and Judy have power. :( How are DD, SIL and Ryan doing? :hug

I did some shopping today...I hate clothes shopping, but really need some things. That and buying groceries took up most of the day. Time to put everything away and decide on supper.

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, I hope your on your way by now. Are doctor is a new doctor but he don't look to young. I think he's close to 40.

Joanne, Sorry your still without electricity. Thanks for checking in. Hope your girls are doing okay.

Sherry, Glad your boss okayed the surgery. Nice that you got to go home early and take a nap. To bad about the water break.

Linda, Hope you get the prayer shawl.

Val, Any plans for the weekend?

Mary, After a day of shopping, you must be feeling better?

Marisa, Safe travels to Cleveland.

Must be the politicians day of calling must of been yesterday. When we came home there was 13 calls, 10 were politicians. Today there has only been 3.

Did a load of laundry and I need to make a peanut butter sheet cake but I may put it off until I get up in the morning.

Tomorrow we have a birthday party for my gn he will be 2. Then we have a chili cookout to attend. That's were i'm taking the cake.

Are friend Mary didn't have her surgery on Halloween. She had an appointment with her heart doctor but he was sick so she had to see someone else. That doctor said absolutely no surgery. She has to do a stress test and an echogram. Plus he called the doctors office and wanted to know why those tests hadn't been done yet. So sometime this month she's hoping to have it done.

I'm off. I don't know if i'll be on tomorrow or not. Have a good weekend!

:hug and prayers to all that missing from are family. Hope Tab is doing okay to.

Good morning. Rosie and I went to her church's Christmas Bazaar this morning. She spent $60 and I spent $18. They had crochet thread for 25 cents a ball. I got 17 balls, which was about half of what was there. :lol There were a bunch of colors that I haven't seen in a long time as well as nice neutrals and some metallic wrapped which make wonderful snowflakes. Also got a neat pair of earrings for me, two Christmas ornaments, and a dog toy for Sweet Pea. I'm happy. :D

More work on the prayer shawl scheduled for today and maybe some sewing.

Have a good day. :manyheart

Good morning all!

Joanne - sorry to hear you don't have power yet. Hopefully soon. Will be praying for you.

Marlene - We've had too many calls as well. Will be sooooo glad when the campaigning of over.

Linda - what a great find!!

Will be busy morning. Oldest GS tested for his orange belt last night and passed!!! Yea!! He will be awarded it this morning, plus he will get another star for good grades. He was so nervous but he did great. Will post a picture of him in his orange belt when we get back.

Have a great Saturday! Hugs to all.

Good morning all!

Joanne - sorry to hear you don't have power yet. Hopefully soon. Will be praying for you.

Marlene - We've had too many calls as well. Will be sooooo glad when the campaigning of over.

Linda - what a great find!!

Will be busy morning. Oldest GS tested for his orange belt last night and passed!!! Yea!! He will be awarded it this morning, plus he will get another star for good grades. He was so nervous but he did great. Will post a picture of him in his orange belt when we get back.

Have a great Saturday! Hugs to all.

:cheer:cheer Congratulations to GS, Sherry. That's great on both counts! :clap :clap :clap

Good afternoon!

Quick check in.

Sherry - shout out to GS for good grades and orange belt.

Linda - great buys! I received 2 garbage bags of thread. Any tips on crocheting with thread. I've tried a couple of times...tedious!!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Good afternoon!

Quick check in.

Sherry - shout out to GS for good grades and orange belt.

Linda - great buys! I received 2 garbage bags of thread. Any tips on crocheting with thread. I've tried a couple of times...tedious!!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Good patterns! :devil I inherited a bunch from my grandmother and they are fantastic! Just recently I have started using the thread mixed with lightweight fancy yarns and a large crochet hook. They yield a wonderful soft, lacy shawl/scarf that goes very fast. The thread has a stabilizing effect on the thin fuzzy yarns and/or fingerweight wool yarns that is marvelous. :c9 I have several in process at the moment and love the results.

Good Afternoon!

Linda - sounds interesting. I don't like working with thread anymore, too hard on the hands. Might have to give it a try. Interested in seeing some of your projects.

Here's the pic of my GS receiving his orange belt. He's so proud of it (and so am I!!).

post-27829-135897784973_thumb.jpg

post-27829-135897784977_thumb.jpg

We made it safely to Tennessee and are unpacked and have had dinner. Dh is out taking a walk and I am here! I knit on my baby sweater on the way down here and have passed the halfway mark.

Sherry your grandson is so cute. Congratulations to him on his orange belt.

Sherry, your GS is adorable! Congratulations again! :cheer:clap:cheer

Cindy, it's good to hear that you have made it to Tennesee safely. Great progress on the baby sweater. :clap:clap

My joints are giving me fits today. I've alternated between crocheting on the prayer shawl and giving Sweet Pea a haircut with scissors. I do it until she's had it, then quit for a while, and then after she's had a rest do a bit more. Her back, one side, her head and neck, and most of one foreleg are pretty much done. This will probably take two or three days to complete. :lol So far she's doing pretty well and not looking too bad either. :D

Hi House. Just to let you know - my mom is in the hospital (about an hour away from where I live) and I will be there most of tomorrow again. Nothing unexpected, but her Alzheimer's has progressed rapidly lately and she is 94. My brother is with my dad. :( So - I'll check in with you all when I can. :manyheart

Hi House. Just to let you know - my mom is in the hospital (about an hour away from where I live) and I will be there most of tomorrow again. Nothing unexpected, but her Alzheimer's has progressed rapidly lately and she is 94. My brother is with my dad. :( So - I'll check in with you all when I can. :manyheart

Oh, Mary! Prayers coming your way. :hug:hug

Well I forgot to reset my clocks last night, so I'm a bit off center today. :P Have a good day.

Good afternoon Housemates!

Cindy - glad for your safe travels. Have a great time!

Mary - praying for you and your family!

Linda - thanks for the tips!

Sherry - very handsome grandson!

Judy posted on FB that she's seen bucket trucks today on her ride out. Let's pray she and Joanne get some power today!

All is well with me! My Alabama Crimson Tide came through!

Have a super Sunday!

Mary - prayers for you and your family.

Linda - Glad you are making progress on the prayer shawl, what pattern do you use?

Had a nice day, went to church, didn't do much this afternoon except read and watch a couple of movies on Hallmark (love my Christmas movies!).

Thinking of Joanne and Judy and hoping they get power soon.

Hugs to all.

Hi Ladies,

Linda, You found a great bargain on the thread.

Sherry, Congrats to your GS on his grades and his orange belt.

Val, My Grandma crocheted with thread forever before she started using yarn. She made lots of doilies, she crocheted over beer caps (my uncle worked at a bar so she had lots) she mad grape shaped potholders. The last time I worked with thread I made Christmas ornaments. I have an angel tree topper on my Christmas tree. I've also seen rings made out of thread (probably ravelry).

Mary, Prayers for you and your family.

Cindy, Glad you arrived safely. Have fun!

I hope Judy and Joanne get there electricity back soon. I woke up during the night friday night and it was dark. So I got up and the whole lake was dark. M phone said it was 4:30. About 7 it came back on. I don't know what the cause was.

We had a nice time at my GN's birthday. He's 2 and quite the talker. I gave his first hair cut (before the party). He has curly hair and it was easy to cut. He sit on his Mom's lap and did very well for me.

Then we went to the chili cookout and had a good time there. It was a cool night, but with a big fire it was doable.

Today we picked Daisy up. She really took to me after a bit. She's been napping on hubbys lap. She did get sick on the way home. She has been in the car before they went camping for a week. We figure it was nerves. She ate tonight and is keeping it down. I hope she don't get car sick when she travels. It will be a long trip to Texas if she does.

I'll catch everyone tomorrow. Have a great monday!

I hope Judy and Joanne get there electricity back soon. I woke up during the night friday night and it was dark. So I got up and the whole lake was dark. M phone said it was 4:30. About 7 it came back on. I don't know what the cause was.

We had a nice time at my GN's birthday. He's 2 and quite the talker. I gave his first hair cut (before the party). He has curly hair and it was easy to cut. He sit on his Mom's lap and did very well for me.

How nice. :manyheart

Then we went to the chili cookout and had a good time there. It was a cool night, but with a big fire it was doable.

Today we picked Daisy up. She really took to me after a bit. She's been napping on hubbys lap. She did get sick on the way home. She has been in the car before they went camping for a week. We figure it was nerves. She ate tonight and is keeping it down. I hope she don't get car sick when she travels. It will be a long trip to Texas if she does.

I'll catch everyone tomorrow. Have a great monday!

I hope it was just going home with her new family and being uncertain exactly what was going on. Most dogs I've know have all loved to ride in cars. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I went over to Rosie and John's this afternoon. We had a good time visiting while watching TV. Our friend, Carol, called from her friend's home (the one we helped her make the memory quilt for) and they were having a great time together. Jeanie was in tears trying to tell us thank you for helping with her quilt. She was blown away by it. Makes the time effort to do it all worth while when it is appreciated like that.

I finished up two prayer shawls while over at Rosie's. My shoulder complains when I do too much, but they are worth it. Both turned out so nice. :manyheart I'll take pictures of them before I turn them in.

Hope you all have a good rest of the day. :hug Talk to you tomorrow.

Hello. I'm on my new iPad but I definitely do not have the hang of it yet.

Mary, sorry to hear that your mom is in the hospital. Hope that she is coping okay. With her Alzheimer's it has to be doubly difficult.

Marlene, I hope Daisy does okay in the car. Sophie loves to ride in the car, but she throws up every time. The vet gave us something for it, so make sure you try her out before you leave for Texas.

Linda, isn't it nice to have your efforts appreciated like that? Looking forward to seeing your prayer shawls.

Sherry, your day sounds nice. Christmas movies already? What did you watch?

We went into the Smoky Mountains National Park today and hiked. We chose a trail that they call easy around here, but I did not think it was easy, at least not on the way up the mountain. The way back was easy though!

I spent more time on the baby sweater today, and if I do a little each day, it should be done this week.

It's kind of interesting, Dh and I spend a lot of time together since he is self employed, but we do things on vacation that we rarely do at home. Last night we watched an old Doris Day/Rock Hudson movie, and tonight we played games. I can' t remember the last time we played a game, and it's probably been 6 months since we watched a movie.

Tomorrow I think we will go outlet shopping and then probably more hiking. My brother fromOntario has a second home in the Smokies and they're coming up on Tuesday for the remainder of the week, maybe longer if their place isn't rented. They built it as an investment property and it was rented this weekend, so they couldn't come any sooner.

Joanne and Judy, hope that your power is back son.

Archived