Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good afternoon everyone. I actually went to church this morning. Ever so slowly gaining ground. Went to Kohl's and picked up some little earrings for the upper pair of holes in my ears. I always wear danglies in the bottom pair. And went to Goodwill and found a rack for my videos, so that will let me unpack a couple more boxes. Also picked up some paperbacks so now I have something other than romances to read. :lol Found one of Robin Cook's that I haven't read before. :clap I love his stuff although some of it is scary in where medicine could go.

I was gone from 9 until 5 yesterday. Road construction made by trip home 2½ hours instead of 1½. :( There truly isn't another route to get to my parents' town...and this will go on for weeks. :eek The staff all seem very friendly and efficient. I had lunch with mom and the food was very good, so things are okay for now.

Oh, RATS!! Sorry it took so long to get home. I'm glad the place where your folks are is a nice one.

Tammy, keeping you and your family in my prayers. :hug Poor Michael.

My once a month meal with church folks is tonight so will be out late. One of the couples lives near me and volunteered to pick me up so I don't have to worry about finding it in the dark.

I checked with the pharmacist yesterday to see if the new blood pressure med might be while I'm getting bruises. And yes, that can be one of the side effects along with itchy skin (which I've got) and edema (which is also something I've been having.) I'm going to talk to her about it next month when I have my next check-up. I think I'd like to go back on the one I was on before going in the hospital. I didn't have any side effects with it.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning and Welcome to Monday!

I did go to Michael's--1.50 for VC is a most excellent price--especially for the VC Baby--which is not always on sale at all.

Hope you all have a good day---and I'm hoping to make it to Craft Club tonight which will be fun!

Hi everyone. :manyheart

Linda ~ How was the church supper? Does everyone bring something or do they serve the meal? I used to love pot-luck...so many things to choose from! Yes, it sounds like your BP pills need to be changed. It took 3 changes until mine "agreed" with me. :)

Judy ~ Love the pictures! Poor Sparkie - he just wanted his warm house again. Want to join me at Michael's today? :D

Joanne ~ Oh, I'm glad you were able to get some sale yarn! Have a wonderful time at craft club. :crocheting

Tammy ~ I hope all goes well at Michael's appointment today. :hug

Chores are almost done - I hope to leave about 9:30 to run errands. My Fall 'ghan is finished except for the border on two sides. :cheer

Have a good morning, ladies. :manyheart

Before and after the power and heat came back on....

Oh my. They look much happier now. :lol

Good morning. I took my car in for the final part on repairing the window to be put in. Third time's the charm. Was in and out in 15 minutes and the window now works just fine.

My head decided not to turn off until well into the morning hours so I'm not running on all cylinders this morning. Tried to go back to sleep when I got home but that didn't work so I'm back up. I did put the time to good use anyway. I sorted out some of the squares from Rosie's baby quilt contributions and pulled three colors out: pink, yellow, and green (all in pastel shades.) Then pulled out some blue, orange and lavender from my stash and cut corresponding quares out of them. Figured out a pattern and have the first row of blocks sewn together. I plan on working at getting the rest of the blocks sewn together today. Then I'll figure out what to used for the backing and binding and be ready to make the sandwich and quilt it. :devil My church has received a request for baby blankets for families who have nothing for the new baby and no money to buy things, sooooooo. I'll see if I can help out this way. :manyheart

Have a wonderful Monday. :devil

Linda ~ Yay for finally getting your car window fixed! So sorry you couldn't sleep, but you sure got a lot done on the baby quilt. :c9

Well, I couldn't pass up the sale at Michael's. :lol I bought 22 skeins of Vanna's Choice and it came out to $1.50 a skein with the coupon! I'm going to make at least two more fish 'ghans for DD's friends, so it was perfect timing. :) I also found some pre-lit grapevine angels for ½ price at Kirkland's! I guess it was time for some retail therapy. :D

Hi to all of my friends at Our House. I hope everyone is doing okay. :manyheart

Linda ~ Yay for finally getting your car window fixed! So sorry you couldn't sleep, but you sure got a lot done on the baby quilt. :c9

Well, I couldn't pass up the sale at Michael's. :lol I bought 22 skeins of Vanna's Choice and it came out to $1.50 a skein with the coupon! I'm going to make at least two more fish 'ghans for DD's friends, so it was perfect timing. :) I also found some pre-lit grapevine angels for ½ price at Kirkland's! I guess it was time for some retail therapy. :D

Hi to all of my friends at Our House. I hope everyone is doing okay. :manyheart

Sounds like a great day of shopping, Mary. You deserved it. :clap :clap :clap

Linda, yay for the car window being fixed!!

Mary, sorry I couldn't "join" you shopping at Michaels...we had a tree guy come by and we;re going to get lots of stuff done in the yard...I couldn't justify getting more yarn - even to myself:( Esp sine I don't have a particular project in mind for it like you do. That fish ghan is so very cute:manyheart

Well, they certainly look a lot more comfortable with heat!

Ain't that the truth! THough today was in the mid 60's and Spring-like, I know it's supposed to drop to the 40's tomorrow.....:P

Have a good night everyone.:hug:manyheart

Hi everyone. I am finally finding time to sit down. I went grocery shopping and ran errands today and then did a lot of cleaning. I don't have to work until Saturday, so I thought I'd do a little deep cleaning. I'm still tired from Friday night when I didn't sleep at all.

Mary, I thought about going to Michaels today, but I decided that I need to use some of what I have, rather than buying more.

Linda, you sure made a lot of progress on that baby quilt. Was your church dinner a potluck? Our church has a potluck once a month. The next one is this Wednesday. We are supposed to bring a main dish, but I don't now what I am bringing yet.

Joanne, hope you make it to craft group tonight.

Tam, any news on Michael?

Ain't that the truth! THough today was in the mid 60's and Spring-like, I know it's supposed to drop to the 40's tomorrow.....:P

Have a good night everyone.:hug:manyheart

That was our weather yesterday. Today it barely hit 35 and dh says there were occasional snow flurries. I didn't see them though.

Hi Ladies,

Linda, I bet Kim was excited to see and to watch you doing your quilting. Good decision not to go saturday. You have lots of good idea for your new business. You found some good finds at Goodwill. My sil is on a blood pressure medicine that is bruising her badly. She keeps her arms cover because she don't people thinking her husband is abusing her. The new baby quilt colors sound perfect.

Mary, Glad things are good with your Mom. The construction traffic doesn't sound good though. :clap for finishing the fall ghan! You got some good shopping done today.

Judy, We missed you lots to! Glad the insurance paid out for your loss. The dogs are nice and comfy now.

Joanne, Good idea on making survival kits for gifts. Hope you make it to craft club tonight.

Cindy, Glad you made it home safely.

Tam, Praying for Michael and your family.

Hope all is well with the rest of the house ladies.

We had a nice time at DD's and Maya's. Maya enjoyed Daisy, but I think her Mom liked her more. DD had Daisy the first night we were there, and she called her gf and her son to come over and meet her to. Daisy did pretty well there. She was comfortable. Saturday we went to a Holiday Parade and we took Daisy. That was a big mistake. The bands scared her so DD walked away from us. Then she took Daisy back to her house. It was a long parade so we figured it was best.

We went to dinner at applebee's last night for Veteran's Day. Hubby had shrimp wish he said was good, I had a bacon cheeseburger with a salad and it was a very good burger. Maya had wendys. DD had to work.

I went to Michael's for yarn but only bought one skein of VC for a headband for DD. I don't really need any more yarn. I don't have any place to put anymore.

We came early this morning. DD said Maya cried because we were gone before she got up for school. We told her we would be because Grandpa had to work today. She and I read to each other saturday and sunday night.

She kept telling me your old. I have to ask her why she's saying that.

She and I made brownie pops. There time consuming.

Today I got on one of my email accounts and there was no emails. I called my company and they don't know what happened to them. I have nothing from the middle of april to now. They couldn't tell me when the last time I had checked into either. Hubby knows next to zero about computers but I asked him anyways. He told me he wouldn't even know where to look for them little lone try and delete them.

Hope everyone has a nice evening and a great tuesday!

I'm heading for bed soon. The quilt top in done. :cheer Tomorrow I'll see about getting the sandwich of top, batting, and backing together. I've got the quilting planned out. I'm going to try something new with this one so hope it turns out the way I envision it. Most of the time the actual end result is even better than my idea so I'm hoping this time is like that too.

Have a good night and I'll talk to you tomorrow. :manyheart

Hi everyone

I did make it to craft club last night and it was good to be among friends and getting back to 'normal'!

Phyllis brought the cutest owl hat that she made!!! Adorable!!! (she also told me she hit up the Michael's sale too) I think I'm going to try making an owl hat for Ryan!

It's going to be a long day in paradise- we have lots to do to catch up from the days lost at work from the hurricane.

Hope you all have a good day!

::: (\_(\

*: (=’ :’) :*

•.. (,(”)(”)¤°.¸¸.•´¯`» Good Morning •¨¯`•

Hope all is well with everyone!

Sounds like everyone has had a fairly good weekend! :)

I've been keeping busy crocheting of course. I have a Ripple'ghan I'm making in school colors for my sons Jr Class to auction off to help raise money for their Prom. I'm half done.... I like it so far!

post-18634-135897786438_thumb.jpg

I made a pair of slippers for myself the other night and my youngest stole them.....LOL so..looks like I need to make myself a new pair. I knew I was taking my chances making them blue...LOL

post-18634-135897786443_thumb.jpg

Well.... update on Michael.

He has officially relapsed. Doctors put him back on meds yesterday. He had a rough night sleep... his legs hurt so bad... he cries in pain and there isnt much I can do other than rub them ... :sigh

I think I will make Michael a pair of slippers before I make myself a new pair.... he kept eye-balling David yesterday wearing the ones I made and commenting on how comfy and warm they looked. Maybe that might cheer him up a bit.

Anyway... Thank you for all your love and prayer ladies.... you're the best!!!! :hug!!!! Love you guys!!!

Off to get a coffee refill and get my other two moving for school.

Have a GREAT day!

:heart

:mug

Good morning. There is just enough snow on the ground here to make everything white today. I will be doing more laundry and cleaning today.

Tam, so sorry to hear about Michael's relapse. Hopefully it is short and he will feel better soon. He will appreciate getting slippers. The ripple afghan looks great. It should be a hot item at the auction.

Joanne, glad you got to go to craft club. I've seen a number of cute owl hats, and am looking forward to seeing yours. (can't believe how popular owls are!) Hope your work day goes well. You've been so busy there, I can just imagine how frantic it will be as you try to catch up on what didn't get done because of Sandy!

Linda, wow, the quilt top is already done. Looking forward to seeing the finished project.

:::I've been keeping busy crocheting of course. I have a Ripple'ghan I'm making in school colors for my sons Jr Class to auction off to help raise money for their Prom. I'm half done.... I like it so far!

[ATTACH]60052[/ATTACH]

Beautiful!

I made a pair of slippers for myself the other night and my youngest stole them.....LOL so..looks like I need to make myself a new pair. I knew I was taking my chances making them blue...LOL

[ATTACH]60053[/ATTACH]

I like. And how like kids to swipe them. :lol

Well.... update on Michael.

He has officially relapsed. Doctors put him back on meds yesterday. He had a rough night sleep... his legs hurt so bad... he cries in pain and there isnt much I can do other than rub them ... :sigh

I think I will make Michael a pair of slippers before I make myself a new pair.... he kept eye-balling David yesterday wearing the ones I made and commenting on how comfy and warm they looked. Maybe that might cheer him up a bit.

Anyway... Thank you for all your love and prayer ladies.... you're the best!!!! :hug!!!! Love you guys!!!

Off to get a coffee refill and get my other two moving for school.

Have a GREAT day!

Poor Micheal. A new set of slippers sounds like a great pick-me-up for him.

Good morning everyone. I went to Rosie and John's for a bit last night. Rosie had been clothes shopping yesterday but her new outfits need some long necklaces to really set them off and she didn't have anything. When I got home I went through my old jewelry and found a bunch that would work with them. They are things I haven't worn in a while and came up with quite a few that I thought would work for her. She came over and tried them on today and took most of them with her. She was excited and they really will complement her stuff very well. :D

I'm really sore today so haven't done a lot and may not do a lot. :P

Hope today isn't too hairy for you Joanne.

Hope you all have a good day. :hug

Good morning. There is just enough snow on the ground here to make everything white today. I will be doing more laundry and cleaning today. I bet its pretty!

Tam, so sorry to hear about Michael's relapse. Hopefully it is short and he will feel better soon. He will appreciate getting slippers. The ripple afghan looks great. It should be a hot item at the auction. Thanks hon!

I think the slippers will make him smile. He likes when I make him stuff. Thanks for the compliment and encouragement about my afghan! :hug

Joanne, glad you got to go to craft club. I've seen a number of cute owl hats, and am looking forward to seeing yours. (can't believe how popular owls are!) Hope your work day goes well. You've been so busy there, I can just imagine how frantic it will be as you try to catch up on what didn't get done because of Sandy!

Linda, wow, the quilt top is already done. Looking forward to seeing the finished project.

Poor Micheal. A new set of slippers sounds like a great pick-me-up for him. Thanks... :hug

Good morning everyone. I went to Rosie and John's for a bit last night. Rosie had been clothes shopping yesterday but her new outfits need some long necklaces to really set them off and she didn't have anything. When I got home I went through my old jewelry and found a bunch that would work with them. They are things I haven't worn in a while and came up with quite a few that I thought would work for her. She came over and tried them on today and took most of them with her. She was excited and they really will complement her stuff very well. :Daww... how wonderful!!!!

I'm really sore today so haven't done a lot and may not do a lot. :Pso sorry your sore.... rest is good!! :hug

Hope today isn't too hairy for you Joanne.

Hope you all have a good day. :hug

Good afternoon ladies :hi

I didn't catch up on posts yet so if I don't reply to something, it's because I haven't seen it :lol Hoping to catch up after posting :xfin

I had a new patient yesterday and then the Steelers played at home last night. So I left the office early to go tailgate and of course hung out at the bar while they went to the game. I'm in rough shape today and feel like I'm moving in slow motion and quite sluggish :sigh

I have the knit the bridge group here tonight 7-9. I'll check back in a bit.

hi, ladies! Another crazy day here....among other things we had a huge tree and other branches cut from the back yard. They were too close to the electric lines.

I also browsed through my brother's Etsy shop for Christmas ideas. He has beautiful handmade wood items....not all are listed there yet, but he also makes things on commission.

This is the same baby brother who always had to tinker with his hands from the time he was a little guy:)

Here's the site:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/HeirloomWoodWorking

Have agood night everyone - I'm sitting here with my feet up finishing the border of the hooded baby blanket.

Your brother makes gorgeous stuff Judy.:clap

I've been crocheting this afternoon on a special crochet prayer shawl for a friend in the group who's having a hard time right now.

HI all,

It was a long day in Paradise --didn't get home till 7:30!! But it was a very good productive day---

Love your brother's items, Judy!

Linda- Sounds like Rosie must have been very happy with her "new" jewelry!!!

Cindy- We do have a lot to catch up on right now with the project! But we'll get it done---and thankfully, I have a WARM house to come home to now!

Tam- Prayers for Michael!!! Love the ripple!

Marisa- Heard the Steelers won, but Ben got hurt--there have been too many 'helmet-to-helmet' hits on QB's lately- I'm not liking it!

Off to eat something and relax

Archived