Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The trick or treaters are starting to come!

Cindy ~ It must be catching - I woke up with a sore throat and that usually means a cold is coming. I hope you feel much better before you leave for your trip. :manyheart If you're driving, take lots of yarn! :D

Marisa ~ That's good that you don't have snow to deal with! Great find on the sewing basket. :) Are you doing any crocheting now?

Linda ~ Your weather sounds like beautiful fall weather! How is the quilting coming along? I hope you're getting lots of rest and not overdoing it. :manyheart

Hi to everyone at the House. :)

Not feeling great today, so I ended up crocheting this afternoon. I really want to finish the fall 'ghan while it's still fall. :lol

HI, Mary. I just finished quilting another baby quilt. I'm being careful to not stir up the arthritis in my shoulders and taking plenty of breaks.

No trick or treaters yet. I did finally get some candy just in case this afternoon. There are only a couple in this complex so don't really expect many kids. Thus I bought stuff that I like. :devil

Mary, a sore throat is how mine started. It's still mainly a sore throat, along with a cough and a bit of congestion. The symptom I actually find most annoying is the extreme fatigue. I went to bed around 8:30 last night and slept until nearly 8:30 this morning. I think I will likely turn in early again tonight.

Linda, you are moving right along on those baby quilts.

No trick or treaters here, but I did not expect any. I didn't even buy any candy, although I could probably find some if I had to.) There aren't any small children in our neighborhood any more. We've lived here over 30 years, and in all that time, only one family has moved out of the immediate area. (they moved about 2 miles down the road.) Thus, we are pretty much all middle aged or older.

I am thinking of knitting a baby sweater while we are on vacation. I don't want to take a lot of bulky stuff along, and right now I am working on afghans. A baby sweater would definitely keep me entertained all week, since I am so slow. I might pack a couple of other small projects for variety though...............

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, I hope you feel better real soon. In case I don't get her tomorrow have a safe trip and a great time.

Mary, Hope your not getting sick. No trick or treaters here.

Marisa, Good find on the basket. Do you know what town Joanne and Judy live in? If we knew that and heard it on the news we would at least know a little something.

Val, :hug Sorry about your aunt. I think your cousins should tell your aunt. How would they feel if she knew but didn't tell them.

Linda, How nice of you to rub John's back for him. :clap on finishing the baby quilt. Are nights are in the 30's to, but were suppose to be.

I don't like it getting so dark so early. It makes me want to go to bed way to early.

We put the cover back on the rv today and tied it up like a gift. Hopefully it don't come off again.

Maya lost another tooth. She told me she was going to save this one and wait for two more teeth to come out then put them under her pillow. I asked why. She says because then I get more money. lol

Tomorrow I have a dentist appt in the morning and hubby has a doctor appt in the afternoon. Mine is just a cleaning and his is just for prescriptions. I'm going to try and get away with getting my prescription to. I want to get my physical back to summer time. We are meeting are doctor for the first time tomorrow. I sure hope we like him. We had such a great doctor. He decided to go into sports medicine. He said that is where his heart is although he did love his practice to.

I'm off. Hope everyone has a great thursday!

Thanks everyone for your prayers, hugs and advice. My sisters, my other 2 aunts and I think she should be told. Two of her daughters are going home (Bama) on Sunday and maybe they can come into agreement over the weekend.

I posted on Joanne and Judy's facebook pages. Except for lack of power, they're okay under the circumstances. Their posts are truly missed!

I'm concerned about Julie. It's been quite a while since we heard from her.

Have a good night all!

Good morning all! It's been a busy couple of days here. Had the boys on Monday night, then Tuesday night was to recover from the boys being here LOL. Last night (for the first time in years) I had bought candy and turned on the porch light--not one trick or treater. We have lots of kids in the neighborhood, several other houses had their lights on as well. Didn't get to go with my grandsons last night since DD took them close to a church closer to her house.

Hope all are ok that live back east. The pictures I've seen are so devasting. Prayers for all that are affected.

Well, my boss will be back today so I'll be busy telling him what all has gone on and to see if he will allow me to schedule my knee surgery in February. It should have been done a long time ago but I was "too young" (in my 40's), and now that I'm 60, I've been told you should have done it earlier--can't win. Hopefully he will be ok with it. It will be done a month before Easter (busy time at a church).

Worked some more on my shrug (hopefully this will work out) last night. Have an order for a baby blanket (need it done before Christmas), and still trying to figure out what to make my youngest DD with all that yarn I bought and not doing the jacket for her now.

Hope you all have a great day. Will try to catch up on all the happenings tonight! Hugs to all.

Good Morning, House. :)

Valerie ~ Thank you for checking on our friends! I know I'm definitely in the minority with those who haven't joined Facebook. :yes

Linda ~ We always buy our favorite candy, too. :D I sent the leftovers to work with DH this a.m. - or no telling how much chocolate would be eaten today. ;)

Marlene ~ Maya is just too cute! Very smart girl to save more teeth and get more money. :lol I hope you all like your new doctor. Ours will probably be retiring next year and I'm already sad about it - we love him and his staff!

Sherry ~ Yep, I'm going to be more worn out as my two grandsons get older, too.:lol You have lots to keep up with! :manyheart I hope you are able to have the surgery in Feb. My sister was told the same thing about her hip replacement - they had her wait until she could hardly walk. :eek She's doing well now, though!

Cindy ~ Are you all packed? :)

So far, no "real" cold...just sneezing and headaches. It could be allergies -I hope! Have a good morning, everyone. :)

Good morning housemates :hi

I went to a meeting this morning with the chamber of commerce and everyone was really nice. They seem like quite an active group :yes

Mary - I hope you're feeling better :hug

Linda - WTG on the baby quilt :clap

Cindy - I hope you're also feeling better :hug

Marlene - Joanne has put up a few posts on FB, but I haven't seen anything from Judy. We used to meet in a town that starts with an M, but I'd have to hear it to remember it :blush I hope you like the new doc :xfin

Val - I've been wondering about Julie too :hug

Sherry - My mom had one of her knees replaced in 09 and she is doing well. They made her wait as long as they could since she was young too. She just turned 61 this year and if they do them too early then you'll need another later in life :sigh She needs the other done as well, but they didn't feel like that one was far enough gone to do it at the same time.

Good morning. The weather is changing and my hands hurt this morning. Hopefully I can get the bindings on both of the baby quilts done today. I still have to trim up the second one too. I emptied the wastebasket that is for sewing yesterday. It had last minute things from the move in it. Now it's in use as it's supposed to be. :lol

I stuck the candy in the freezer which puts it out of sight and makes it a bit harder to just scarf down. :lol That should let me have an occasional treat.

Sherry, I had my left knee replaced right before Christmas in 2000. I could barely walk on it. The arthritis had totally destroyed the cartilage in it and it was rough bone on bone. And none of that showed up on the x-rays. The doctor had done an orthoscopic surgery on it about a year earlier and nothing had shown up then either. There was quite a bit of cartilage damage at that time and he had tried to smooth out the arthritic build up. It just didn't last long. I was on strong pain pills and crutches 6 weeks before they could fit me into the surgery schedule. It's soooo much better now.

Mary, it will get more hectic as the boys get older, but they are close enough in age to play well together (when they aren't fighting :lol) which will help. At least you live close enough to enjoy all the stages of their growing up which is priceless. :c9 I've missed that with my GS.

I hope Julie is okay too. She's had an awful lot of family upheaval this year which is very wearing. Thinking of you sweetie. :hug:hug:hug

Good morning everyone. I'm feeling a little better today, nowhere near as tired and the sore throat is just minimal. Hopefully all better by the time we leave tomorrow. We will be leaving later than planned because dh wants to wait for the new ipad and the ipad mini to arrive. The ipad will come via Fed-ex and they get to our house around noon. However the ipad mini is coming via UPS and they usually are late, often not until 6 or 7 PM.

I have not yet begun to pack, however, that isn't a big deal. I keep a toiletry bag ready to go all the time, and I never bring that many clothes. Mostly we hike in the national park, and do touristy stuff like visiting the little shops, and the tourist attractions. I always bring one nice outfit so we can go out for a nice dinner, but generally the area is pretty casual, and jeans are accepted everywhere. There are laundry facilities at the condo, so that helps. Its more work to decide which craft project goes along, and which electronic items we should take. It sued to be how many books, but fortunately the Nook, Kindle and Iphones have solved that problem. And now there will be the ipad and the ipad mini as well. (We won't take them all, probably just our phones and the new ipads. I could get by with just my phone, but Mr. Gadget geek is uncomfortable without his electronic buddies.) Throw in a couple of movies to watch in the evenings in the condo and maybe a game or two and we are set to go. Dh will bring more clothes than I do.

I think Judy lives in Aberdeen, but I'm not sure about Joanne.

Mary, hope that this is as bad as your cold gets.

Sherry, sounds like you need those knees done. Our physical therapists at work say its best to get them done sooner, rather than after pain has caused you to loose function already.

Val, I also have been wondering about Julie.

Marisa, how is your mom coming along?

Good afternoon housemates!

Judy is posting current messages under her last post dated 2 days ago. She is limiting her post in order to preserve her phone battery. Her last post was about 16 hrs ago. She says everything is okay.

Cindy - hope you feel better and praying safe travels. Have a wonderful vacation.

Marisa - hope all is well with you. How's your mom?

Linda - WTG on your quilts. I think I'll put learning to quilt on my bucket list.

Sherry - praying that the right decisions are made for your knee.

My aunt knows about hospice because she questioned the doctor on why he was sending her home. I don't know if she knows about the cancer.

Have a good day all!

BBL!

Good morning everyone. I'm feeling a little better today, nowhere near as tired and the sore throat is just minimal. Hopefully all better by the time we leave tomorrow. We will be leaving later than planned because dh wants to wait for the new ipad and the ipad mini to arrive. The ipad will come via Fed-ex and they get to our house around noon. However the ipad mini is coming via UPS and they usually are late, often not until 6 or 7 PM.

I have not yet begun to pack, however, that isn't a big deal. I keep a toiletry bag ready to go all the time, and I never bring that many clothes. Mostly we hike in the national park, and do touristy stuff like visiting the little shops, and the tourist attractions. I always bring one nice outfit so we can go out for a nice dinner, but generally the area is pretty casual, and jeans are accepted everywhere. There are laundry facilities at the condo, so that helps. Its more work to decide which craft project goes along, and which electronic items we should take. It sued to be how many books, but fortunately the Nook, Kindle and Iphones have solved that problem. And now there will be the ipad and the ipad mini as well. (We won't take them all, probably just our phones and the new ipads. I could get by with just my phone, but Mr. Gadget geek is uncomfortable without his electronic buddies.) Throw in a couple of movies to watch in the evenings in the condo and maybe a game or two and we are set to go. Dh will bring more clothes than I do.

Sounds like a number of friends that I know! :lol

I think Judy lives in Aberdeen, but I'm not sure about Joanne.

Judy does live in Aberdeen and Joanne lives in Old Bridge.

Mary, hope that this is as bad as your cold gets.

Sherry, sounds like you need those knees done. Our physical therapists at work say its best to get them done sooner, rather than after pain has caused you to loose function already.

Val, I also have been wondering about Julie.

Marisa, how is your mom coming along?

Hope you have a wonderful time in the mountains. Sounds like the kind of vacation I would enjoy.

Woo Hoo! We just got our power back after three days. I am soo cold and looking forward to heat and light tonight. All is well.

Wonderful! I'm really glad to hear from you.

The quilt trimming is done and the bindings are joined and pressed and ready to be sewn on. The bindings on both quilts match the material used for the backings.

Glad to hear you have power back Phyllis :clap:yay

Well, my mom is finally showing improvement. Not better yet by all means, but at least she's on the road to recovery now :whew She had her appt yesterday and she didn't lose any weight in the past week, whereas the previous week she was down 7.5 pounds in just a week :eek

I got both of the baby blankets done in time to take them with me to the Prayer Shawl meeting and it was unanimous that they will be added to the things that we send out to those with a baby in need of prayers. :manyheart I'll get pictures posted eventually. :blush

Have a good night all. :hug

Phyllis - glad you have power!! Stay warm tonight!

Marisa - glad your mom is slowly improving. Yea!!

Thanks to you that replied about my knee surgery. Good know there are others that have had it done. Not really looking forward to surgery but I know I'll feel much better once the pain is gone. Talked to the boss and he's agreeable--in fact he was relieved that I wasn't having it done right now.

Today was a wild day. Got a call on the intercom that we had NO water in the building. So I begin callling and find out a water main broke on the street by the church and would be out most of the day. So all the kids in the day care had to go home, and that meant I got to leave early as well (I have my littlest GS there). so we came home at 1, did his homework and then took a nap!!! Now I'll probably be up late since I took at 2 hour nap.

Well, since I came home, I have some work to do since I wasn't in the office. Have a great evening all!!

Marisa, glad your mom is finally showing some improvement.

Linda, WTG on finishing the baby blankets. I'm sure they will bring a lot of comfort to their recipients.

I think I'm pretty much all packed for vacation. I decided to bring the baby sweater I'm knitting and some cotton yarn for dishcloths. I can always go to Walmart if I really want something else.

I also have my laundry done and all cleaning except for the kitchen is done as well. I will have plenty of time to do the kitchen tomorrow.

Hi Ladies,

Phyllis, Wonderful news!

Val, Thanks for the updates on Judy and Joanne. I've been wondering about Julie to. Maybe we should all send her a card. She'll know were thinking about her.

Sherry, I hope your boss agrees to letting get the surgery done.

Cindy, :clap new ipads! Your trip sound wonderful. Have a great time and a safe trip. Glad your feeling a little better.

Marisa, Wonderful news on your Mom. I'm going to look them up on facebook. Thanks for the update.

Mary, Hope you don't get to sick.

Linda, Way to go on the finishes on the quilts. Thanks for the cities on Judy and Joanne.

I have to do back to the dentist in december. I have some fillings that are old and they say I need to get one of them replaced. I do have some painful teeth when i'm out in the cold so if that takes care of that i'll be happy. If it don't I won't get any more replaced until I have to. I have this philosophy if it isn't broke don't fix it. Plus it's going to cost me a lot of money.

We met the new doctor and i'm undecided about him. We had such a great doctor I don't know if I can find one as good as him. But I'll give this guy a chance. He is going to give me my thyroid medicine without me having my physical. I did the blood test this afternoon. I'm not thyroid medicine for the same reason a lot people are. I just don't have one. I grew a goiter twice and each time they took half of it out. I've been on the same dose of medicine every since I started taking it in the mid 90's. Two different doctors told me my number won't change. I got lucky the first time I guess.

He is also putting one of hubby's medicines back where it use to be. I told him with the dosed reduced it increased the headaches and when we doubled up the medicine to the dose he use to take the headaches have been very few. He asked me if I had any experience in the medical field. I told him no just first hand experience.

He was concerned about hubby's sugar level from his blood work in may. He is doing blood work probably in the morning. And we'll see from there. He is losing weight. So the doctor suspects his numbers will drop. He has lost 7 lbs since may. He's actually lost 15 lbs in a year. He decided to listen to the doctor after 10 years and he quit drinking pop, no chocolate and candy and chips. He said today at the doctors he use to really eat a lot of candy. He hides it pretty good because I rarely found any hiding in the freezer.

We had dinner at Logan's. It's the first time I had a meal there and it was good.

I'll be back tomorrow. Have a great friday!

Good morning housemates!

Marlene - hope this doctor works out for you. It's hard after you've had a doctor you really like. I think it's a good idea to send them a card. I would nee someone to PM me their addresses.

Cindy - praying your safe travels and a great time.

Linda - WTG on the quilts. Looking forward to the pictures.

Marisa - glad Mom is improving. What are doing this weekend?

Sherry - glad your boss is in agreement with your surgery.

My aunt went home yesterday. We didn't call in order to give them time to settle in.

Have a Fabulous Friday ALL!

BBL!

Good morning everyone.

I'm ready to leave on vacation, but we will still be here most of the day waiting for the new ipad to arrive. Most likely I will spend the day sewing or knitting on the baby jacket I started yesterday.

Marlene, i hope you find a new doctor who works for you. When my doctor retired a few years ago, I decided to look for a young physician who would hopefully be around for years. (I have a big advantage over you though, I work in a large hospital and know lots of doctors.) He turned out to be such a great find, that my sister in law and her husband, as well as her parents and one of her sisters all went to him on my recommendation and they are all pleased with him.

Val, did you ever finish your 63 squares afghan? I seem to remember us talking about it in here quite some time ago. (In case you are wondering, mine is not finished, although I did sew together the squares I had done, so it seems like it got somewhere........:lol)

Cindy, I have not finished it. We will have to make this a must do at the first of the new year. I also have to finish my Bernat mystery ghan. I got side tracked with my paid orders. We need to come up with a rotation for our 63 square ghan!

Hope your ipad comes soon so you can be on your way!

Good morning. I roused earlier, but went back to sleep for another 45 minutes. :D Took Sweet Pea for her walk. I'm not positive but I think we had our first frost last night. What was on the cars didn't look like dew.

Thanks to you that replied about my knee surgery. Good know there are others that have had it done. Not really looking forward to surgery but I know I'll feel much better once the pain is gone. Talked to the boss and he's agreeable--in fact he was relieved that I wasn't having it done right now.

I'm so glad he didn't give you any guff about the surgery. :hug

Today was a wild day. Got a call on the intercom that we had NO water in the building. So I begin callling and find out a water main broke on the street by the church and would be out most of the day. So all the kids in the day care had to go home, and that meant I got to leave early as well (I have my littlest GS there). so we came home at 1, did his homework and then took a nap!!! Now I'll probably be up late since I took at 2 hour nap.

Oh, my! That doesn't sound like fun news. But I am glad that you got to come home early and a 2 hour nap sounds great. Hope you were able to sleep last night.

I think I'm pretty much all packed for vacation. I decided to bring the baby sweater I'm knitting and some cotton yarn for dishcloths. I can always go to Walmart if I really want something else.

I also have my laundry done and all cleaning except for the kitchen is done as well. I will have plenty of time to do the kitchen tomorrow.

Sounds like you are ready to go. :clap Hopefully the Ipads will arrive sooner rather than later. Have a safe trip and a relaxing time while you are there. :hug

I have to do back to the dentist in december. I have some fillings that are old and they say I need to get one of them replaced. I do have some painful teeth when i'm out in the cold so if that takes care of that i'll be happy. If it don't I won't get any more replaced until I have to. I have this philosophy if it isn't broke don't fix it. Plus it's going to cost me a lot of money.

I like that philosophy.

We met the new doctor and i'm undecided about him. We had such a great doctor I don't know if I can find one as good as him. But I'll give this guy a chance. He is going to give me my thyroid medicine without me having my physical. I did the blood test this afternoon. I'm not thyroid medicine for the same reason a lot people are. I just don't have one. I grew a goiter twice and each time they took half of it out. I've been on the same dose of medicine every since I started taking it in the mid 90's. Two different doctors told me my number won't change. I got lucky the first time I guess.

I like a doctor who is willing to go with what works without having to jump through a lot of hoops or expensive lab work.

He is also putting one of hubby's medicines back where it use to be. I told him with the dosed reduced it increased the headaches and when we doubled up the medicine to the dose he use to take the headaches have been very few. He asked me if I had any experience in the medical field. I told him no just first hand experience.

Yay! You've got one who listens. That's a huge step in the right direction.

He was concerned about hubby's sugar level from his blood work in may. He is doing blood work probably in the morning. And we'll see from there. He is losing weight. So the doctor suspects his numbers will drop. He has lost 7 lbs since may. He's actually lost 15 lbs in a year. He decided to listen to the doctor after 10 years and he quit drinking pop, no chocolate and candy and chips. He said today at the doctors he use to really eat a lot of candy. He hides it pretty good because I rarely found any hiding in the freezer.

That sounds appropriate. And congratulations to hubby on the weight loss. :cheer

We had dinner at Logan's. It's the first time I had a meal there and it was good.

I'll be back tomorrow. Have a great friday!

Have a great day, Marlene.

Good morning housemates!

Marlene - hope this doctor works out for you. It's hard after you've had a doctor you really like. I think it's a good idea to send them a card. I would nee someone to PM me their addresses.

Which addresses do you need? Send me a PM and I'll send them to you.

Linda - WTG on the quilts. Looking forward to the pictures.

I have to get the cords hooked up so that I can upload them from the camera. Hopefully later today. Then I can show off lots of stuff, including pictures of the appartment.

My aunt went home yesterday. We didn't call in order to give them time to settle in.

Great news. :clap

I have a rush job to do on a prayer shawl, so will be crocheting most of today although I do need to run a few errands too.

Have a great day everyone. :manyheart

Archived