Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Morning All!! Nice and quiet here today--both GS are at their house. they will be with us several days this week since it's a holiday week and momma will be working a second job.

Tam - love the afghan!! Been working on mine, still have a long ways to go but plan to do a lot of crocheting today after church and grocery shopping.

Joanne - glad you had a good day with Ryan and DD yesterday!

Will take some pics of the baby blanket I finished today--it's nice and sunny so the pic should be pretty good. May take one of how far I am on the new afghan.

DS and DIL will be coming--no kids, just the two of them. They love to play with the both GS--littlest one always has to warm up to him again but hopefully this time he won't be as shy since he's been talking about "uncle" coming.

Have a great day all!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning! I, too, am off to a late start. I can't believe that Christmas only a little over a month away. Traditionally my family has/had turkey with all the trimmings on almost all major holidays. Aunt Mary always made pumpkin pie in a 9x13 pan. I always thought that she did it that way especially for us kids, since we all thought that the middle was the best part. It wasn't until many years later that I found out she did it that way because she couldn't make a pie crust. :lol:lol New Year's Eve was the only exception. Then we had home made oyster stew. Aunt Connie's was the best. I'm not sure what her secret was, but hers always had something extra that was missing from the other's that made it special. :think She topped my mom's, which was good too, but not quite as good.

On our walk this morning a male chihauhau joined Sweet Pea and I. He was off leash and I don't know where he belonged, but he was sure interested in Miss Sweet Pea. She wasn't quite sure what to make of him. She's been fixed long since, in any case. He was persistant and followed us most of the way back to the apartment. Hope he finds his way home safely.

Hope you all have a great day. :manyheart

morning, peeps!

Tam - gorgeous ghan...I DO love your pattern;) Thank you! hehee... I'm glad you do!

Joanne, You NEEDED yesterday:hug

Marlene, yup, back fence is sturdy once again!. We need a couple of rooms painted, but first one will be the small downstairs office. Getting away from earth tones and we're going gray with white trim:D

Off to a late start - have to run!

Morning All!! Nice and quiet here today--both GS are at their house. they will be with us several days this week since it's a holiday week and momma will be working a second job. aww.... :)

Tam - love the afghan!! Been working on mine, still have a long ways to go but plan to do a lot of crocheting today after church and grocery shopping.Thanks! Cant wait to see it!

Joanne - glad you had a good day with Ryan and DD yesterday!

Will take some pics of the baby blanket I finished today--it's nice and sunny so the pic should be pretty good. May take one of how far I am on the new afghan. oh... good!

DS and DIL will be coming--no kids, just the two of them. They love to play with the both GS--littlest one always has to warm up to him again but hopefully this time he won't be as shy since he's been talking about "uncle" coming.

Have a great day all! You too!

Good morning! I, too, am off to a late start. I can't believe that Christmas only a little over a month away. Traditionally my family has/had turkey with all the trimmings on almost all major holidays. Aunt Mary always made pumpkin pie in a 9x13 pan. I always thought that she did it that way especially for us kids, since we all thought that the middle was the best part. It wasn't until many years later that I found out she did it that way because she couldn't make a pie crust. :lol :lol OMGosh.... LOL... bless her heart! New Year's Eve was the only exception. Then we had home made oyster stew. Aunt Connie's was the best. I'm not sure what her secret was, but hers always had something extra that was missing from the other's that made it special. :think She topped my mom's, which was good too, but not quite as good.

On our walk this morning a male chihauhau joined Sweet Pea and I. He was off leash and I don't know where he belonged, but he was sure interested in Miss Sweet Pea. She wasn't quite sure what to make of him. She's been fixed long since, in any case. He was persistant and followed us most of the way back to the apartment. Hope he finds his way home safely.aww... sounds so sweet though... I do hope he finds his way home too!

Hope you all have a great day. :manyheartyou too dear!

:heart

:mug

Good afternoon housemates!

I got up with a migraine today. I had to lay back down and just got up for the 2nd time. Headache has been minimized.

I'm looking at "I Love Lucy.". I'm going to attempt to crochet.

Enjoy all!

Sorry about the migraine. Here's hoping that you'll be able to crochet now. :hug

Hi all,

Hard to believe the weekend is almost over!!! DD and I went to Trader Joe's today- and then we went for a walk and played outside with Ryan! It was another fun day--and my house looks it! Oh, well, it's a 4 day weekend and I'm not hosting Thanksgiving so all is good. Our wrought iron railing is getting fiexed and we had an estimate for the soffit repair today- so that will be done shortly. Ordered the pool cover to replace the one Sandy tore up!

I am going to try and make the owl hat for Ryan that Phyllis had made and brought to craft club last week.

Off I go....

Hi Ladies,

Val, Sorry you had a migraine this morning. Hope your feeling better.

Judy, The colors from your room sound really nice.

Joanne, Glad you had a good day with Ryan and DD.

Sherry, My sisters GS who just turned 2 this month, he talks about my hubby all the time but then when he sees us he doesn't want anything to do with him. Kids are so funny.

Linda, Christmas is sneaking right up on us. I hope the little dog found his way home safely.

Tam, Hope you got your crocheting time in today.

I took hubby to work this morning so I could go grocery shopping. I waited for the fog to burn off to go. It's been very foggy the last 3 mornings. I only picked up a few things and hubby called he was done for the day. So tomorrow I will go finish my shopping.

DD and Maya are coming wednesday and Maya will be staying through the weekend. She's pretty excited. I'm thinking friday we will make cookies.

Are neighbor asked when Maya was going to be around again because there little granddaughter Maya was there this weekend and wanted to play with are Maya. So we made plans they will get together next weekend.

I'm off. Hope everyone has a great monday!

Just got back from Rosie's house. Put together the baby blanket sandwich while I was there, so I can start the quilting tomorrow. I also got a bunch done on the second prayer shawl, but I'm going to have to take a break on the crocheting I think. My shoulder, wrists, and hands are giving me fits now. Not sure if it's the weather, arthritis, or a combination ganging up on me at the moment. :P

Good morning,

Marlene- I bet you are excited that Maya will be visiting for a few days- that's nice that the two Maya's have a play date set up...baking cookies sounds like fun!

Linda- You seem to have been crocheting up a storm lately, so probably a combo of overuse, arthritis or combo as you say. Glad you have your quilting to keep you busy- can't wait to see the baby blanket!

I've been making a few cowls for our craft/bake sale at work. Yesterday, DD told me that her sis in law would like ear flap hats like the one I made Ryan last winter for the twins. DD also asked if I'd make a baby blanket for her to give her close friend ---AND the shower is 12/2!!! I'd better get busy on that....but for now---time to get ready for Paradise!

Have a good one!

Hi Ho House...............

boys are off to school.... fresh pot of coffee going... hook in hand and ready fo my day!!!

Just wanted to pop in and say..........

post-18634-135897787701_thumb.jpg

Good morning housemates!

I just lost a big post and I don't have time to redo it. Sooo, I'll just thank everybody for the hugs and well wishes in regards to my migraine yesterday. I did get a chance to do some crocheting off and on. I'm feeling much better today.

Hope you all have a great day!!!

hi, everyone!

I read the posts but don''t have time to respond individually....

We already had a busy day: food store, some bathroom cleaning and took a lot of things out of the downstairs office so tomorrow morning won''t be too much of a scramble when the painter gets here at 9.

Laundry going now...will be back when I can.

Good Morning, everyone. :morcoffee The sinus infection turned into the worst cold I ever remember having...spent most of the weekend in bed. So, I missed Zach's Sip and See :( and we cancelled our dinner reservations :( - yesterday was our 40th anniversary. I feel a little better today. :xfin

Forgive me for not commenting on everything - but know that I'm thinking of you all and will catch up eventually. :manyheart

What's everyone planning for Thanksgiving?

Good afternoon ladies :hi

Well, I think I was here on Saturday :think So I left and went to a craft sale of indie shops (it was small) and we had a room for Knit the Bridge where people can come in and craft for a bit. Then I did have a relaxing evening at Ingrid's. I brought them half of the pumpkin pie since a whole one would be too much for the 3 of us, esp with the holiday this week and more goodies are on the horizon :yes

Sunday I was going to join a knit in group, but decided to do laundry instead so I wouldn't have to worry about it today since I'm heading to my parents tomorrow :bounce So it was fairly relaxing as well. Then we had dinner and headed down to the tailgate, Steelers had the late game again :sigh One of my friends from back home was in town for the game, so her and her bf came to hang out at the tailgate a bit. I haven't seen her in forever!!! It was great to catch up.

I didn't set an alarm this morning, but woke up just after 8. I tried to get back to sleep, but realized I was just awake and so I got up and went to the gym. I only made it 2 days last week since I just wasn't feeling myself :shrug I still have a very slight sore throat and it never amounted to anything :think Which of course is a good thing :yes

Linda - So glad to hear that you are gaining strength every day :hug WTG on your quilt and prayer shawl. Too funny about your Aunt Mary's pumpkin pie :lol I wonder if the chihuahua made it home safely :xfin

Tam - Gorgeous ripple :manyheart Have fun hooking today :hug

Marlene - The kids faces will totally be worth all of the extra decorations :yes My mom already had an arguement with the 6 yo because he told her santa's not real and he's not in the bible. :( My mom hates that they don't let them just be kids. My mom told him that she believe's he is and that he didn't have to believe it if he didn't want to :shrug They'll probably spend the bulk of their time at my parents house, since SIL gets no help from her family when she's there.

Val - So glad to hear that your migraine is doing better today :hug

Joanne - :yay for having a 'me' day :bounce Sounds like you're getting all your repairs done. Can't wait to see the owl hat.

Judy - I hope you get all your chores and errands done today so you're prepared for the painter tomorrow :xfin

Sherry - WTG on your baby ghan :clap I know you're having a ball with your GSs

Good Morning, everyone. :morcoffee The sinus infection turned into the worst cold I ever remember having...spent most of the weekend in bed. So, I missed Zach's Sip and See :( and we cancelled our dinner reservations :( - yesterday was our 40th anniversary. I feel a little better today. :xfin

Forgive me for not commenting on everything - but know that I'm thinking of you all and will catch up eventually. :manyheart

Glad your feeling at least a bit better today :hug

I'm heading to my parents house for the holiday. Leaving tomorrow and staying until Sunday :)

Good afternoon. I'm really enjoying all the holiday movies that are on TV right now. Lots of old favorites as well as new ones."It's Christmas, Carol" is a take off on The Christmas Carol, but with new twists that made it fun to watch.

Oh, Rats! :hug Hope you get to feeling better very soon. :hug

OH, My, Joanne. Sounds like to are going to be VERY busy with all that crocheting. :eek

aw, I'm sorry you missed the party and you anniversary, too! I hope you feel better for thanksgiving - you don't have to do it, do you?

We just have DS over for the day on thursday.

I'm exhausted - we have everything done we wanted to get done for the painter tomorrow. I'll make pumkin pie tomorrow afternoon, go to see my GD Wed morning (home from college) and make the sausage and rice stuffing wed afternoon. Which leaves me with very little to do in the kitchen on thursday:D

I need a vacation:lol

cu all tomorrow!

Hi everyone. Busy, busy day here today, not sure why. Grocery shopping, (busy at the store too!), some laundry, cleaning, etc, and the day is gone! Haven't even had any time to craft yet. Still need to make the bed, (clean sheets),and then I'm through for the day.

I'm exhausted, probably because I've been going pretty much non-stop since last week Wednesday, but after working tomorrow I will have 5 days off.

Will catch up later. Hope everyone has a good evening.

Hi Ladies,

Mary, Hope your better real soon. Sorry you missed your anniversary dinner and the sip and see. Happy Anniversary to you and DH.

Joanne, That's a lot of crocheting coming up for you.

Marisa, That's to bad your nephew has been told there is no Santa. I just seen some Santa wrapping paper at the $ store. I should of bought it but didn't. I was thinking of wrapping something little up for the kids from Santa. I love Santa. I even had my picture taken once at the mall with Santa.

Judy, Glad you have things already for tomorrow. Now for some r&r.

Cindy, I think most of us are ready for some r&r today. Me included.

Linda, Can't wait to see the baby quilt. I have recorded some Christmas movies.

Val, Glad your feeling better today.

Tam, Did you get a day of hooking in?

I went grocery shopping today. I made a list and grouped things so I could go right through. It was a little busy but not real bad. I had a real surprise this morning when I checked my email. One of are friends from Texas they live in Wisconsin emailed us. There an older couple and we met them when we were neighbors. They said my hubby looks like there son and Lois slips up sometimes and calls him by her sons name. On a sad note they may not come to are park this year. They like to check out other parks every few years. But they have been saying that the last two years so I hope it's just a thought. There very dear friends to us. Hubby and I were just talking this weekend and there is 10 lots from people moving on. Some of it was the owners (his) fault. He burnt off a huge burn pile when they lifted the burning ban and then it rained and the fire just smoldered and a lot of people had allergies and such and it burnt/smoldered for days. So there were some unhappy people. Most of them were in the back near where we are. People come and go in parks all the time. But not me I want to put roots down and stay for awhile.

I did get a load of laundry done. I woke up at 5 and was wide awake. Now at 8 i'm ready for bed. I'll see you all tomorrow. Have a great night and tuesday!

Joanne - sounds like you'll be very busy!!

Mary - sorry you had to cancel your plans but Happy Anniversary! hope you're feeling better soon.

Linda - sounds like I need to record that Christmas show. I have several already recorded--I love my Christmas movies!!

Cindy - hope you get some crafting time in today.

Tam - how's the crocheting going? I've gotten several rows done on the ripple afghan. But it was too dark by the time I got home to take a pic, maybe tomorrow I can take pictures.

Marisa - hope you'ew feeling better.

Was a very long day again. Still have some computer problems--not sure they will ever get fixed :( But I had the office to myself most of the day, got a lot done. I got to crochet some this morning before work and now I'm ready to go and get busy on either the afghan or shrug. We will have the boys most of the week since DD has a second job now. They will probably be here until Saturday beginning tomorrow.

Looking forward to DS and DIL coming for Thanksgiving!! Only get to see them two or three times a year, so we enjoy our time with them. We do have to share them with his dad and grandma but at least they are here most of the time.

Hope you all have a great evening! Hugs to all

Just bopping in to say that I just finished the quilting on the baby quilt. :clap That just leaves trimming it and putting on the binding, which should be doable tomorrow. :)

Catch you all later in the morning. :D

Good morning housemates :hi

I finished with my patient this morning and already have the paperwork done and cleaned up behind her. Figured I'd check in before heading out. Just have to get some things together here first.

I'll try to stop in later at my parents house. My dad and I are making our pumpkin rolls tonight :drool

Have a wonderful trip, Marisa!

Good morning all. I like the quilting on the baby quilt even better in the morning light. Will post pictures when it's done. I finally got my photos uploaded from this June and on yesterday. (I had to find the exterior drive and the cord to attach the camera to the computer....:P) Thought I'd show you pictures of the apartment the day I signed the lease (mostly empty) and then after everything was moved in (but totally unpacked. :eek)

First is the livingroom/crafting/relaxing room:

post-9295-135897787835_thumb.jpg

Next is the kitchen and bathroom:

post-9295-135897787848_thumb.jpg

And finally the bedroom:

post-9295-135897787845_thumb.jpg

post-9295-135897787833_thumb.jpg

post-9295-135897787838_thumb.jpg

post-9295-135897787842_thumb.jpg

Now we'll move on to pictures of the day I actually moved in. :lol

First we have the picture of the truck out front of the apartment and then the kitchen:

post-9295-135897787856_thumb.jpg

Next is the main front room:

post-9295-135897787866_thumb.jpg

And finally the bedroom:

post-9295-135897787872_thumb.jpg

While I still have boxes to unpack it doesn't look like this anymore. And I am slowly chipping away at the remaining boxes. It's far enough that I can again do my crafting, which is wonderful! :manyheart

post-9295-135897787851_thumb.jpg

post-9295-135897787861_thumb.jpg

post-9295-135897787863_thumb.jpg

post-9295-135897787869_thumb.jpg

Archived