Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Linda ~ Sending :hug to you. Feel better soon. :manyheart

Marisa ~ Oooh, you have lots of projects lined up! It's so special that you have your grandma's tree. I'll bet your office looks very festive. :)

Cindy ~ Have fun decorating your tree. :ctree

We always had a live tree until about 5 years ago. I bought several of the pre-lit Alpine trees in different heights and use 3 clustered downstairs and 3 upstairs in front of a large window. They are not heavy and go right up into the attic...much easier. :lol I've left the shortest one for Luke to help decorate. :c9

post-10699-135897789067_thumb.png

Mary - beautiful afghan!!

Marisa - hope your day went well. What a cute idea for texting gloves but it there's no time to make them.

Read a lot of posts but didn't take notes. Had a very long day yesterday and today. Had a meeting last night that lasted for 1 1/2 hours--too long but at least it wasn't the stressful meeting I usually have to attend. Today was payroll, got it done early YEA!! Now to get the newsletter done tomorrow--would help if I got the articles on time from people--still waiting for several :( And the pictorial directory is going really slow--it's a lot of work to find the right picture for the activity pages. But I hope to get a lot done on it this week too.

Well, I'm going to go work on oldest DD's shrug (since youngest DD is sitting in the living room watching TV, can't work on her blanket). Have a great evening!

Hi Ladies,

Linda, Hope your feeling better real soon. Your new quilt is going to be beautiful!

Sherry, Hope you get everything done at work that needs to be. Congrats to your DGS making student of the month.

Judy, Glad your on the mend.

Joanne, Don't forget to take care of yourself.

Val, It sounds like a wonderful holiday and weekend at your house. Jaleia's birthday sounds like a fun time to. Hope you get better soon. Hope your nephew can get the internet/cable figured out for you.

Cindy, Congrats on the weight loss. I wish it wall all come off 5lbs at a time.

Marisa, It sounds like you had a nice holiday at your parents. Glad your Mom is feeling better.

Mary, Glad your all better now. Your fishy ghans are super cute. Did you decide on the colors for the new one?

Tam, Glad Michael is doing better.

I took Maya to meet her Mom sunday morning before she went to work. My sister called me and needed me to drive her monday as she was having a colonopsy. They did remove a couple of polyps but the doctor said he was pretty sure everything was okay. Did I not leave my scarf there (DD gave it to me one year for Christmas). So I had to make another trip half hour drive to the hospital to get it. It turned out to be a good thing. I was headed home and I stopped at a Meijers store for milk (I always buy my milk at meijers) and I ran into 2 people I use to work with at the dry cleaners. One of them she and I were really close and she also happens to be hubby's cousin. She divorced and a card I sent to her was returned to me so I never new what happened to her. She works there and was getting out of work. So we went for coffee and visited for 5 hours. It was such a wonderful visit. She told me her ex was messing with her mail the post office sent back any mail that was addressed with his name on it.

Last night my brother called me to let me know he's not been feeling well. He has a pacemaker and had a checkup a few weeks ago and his heart isn't working properly. Both sides of his heart are not working evenly. His water pills weren't doing there job. They changed them so he's trying to get use to them. I called him a little while ago and he said he didn't feel to good all day. He did say he knows the water pills are working but not as much as he thought they would. It will probably just take some time. I did ask him if they might have to change his pacemaker and he said they don't yet but if they have to give him a defiberator they would. He has some test next week but don't go back to the doctor until the 21st.

Hubby had an appt yesterday at the VA. It was a local VA so we went shopping. We stopped at a Goodwill store and I found a clock for Texas. It's wooden and will sit perfectly behind the couch I think. If not by the tv.

We went to lunch at one of my favorite places. We had half wet burritos on the lunch special and they were so good. It has been a couple of years since we were there.

I did get to headbands made for Maya and Jocelyn last weekend. Tam posted the pattern here at the ville. They turned out really cute. I found a new pattern for headbands for DD and I and I have hers half made.

We have a new Great Nephew. He was born last night and weighed 7lbs 2ozs. He and his Mommy are doing well. She was the one crying last november because she was pregnant and almost 40 (I think she is now).

That's all now since I wrote a book. Hope everyone has a good thursday!

Good morning housemates!

I'm feeling somewhat better. Today is my sister's birthday and she is soo sick. She couldn't even eat yesterday.

I haven't crocheted all week. Going to do some cleaning and finish this last blanket!

Have a great day all!

Good morning housemates :hi

I went to the gym this morning and just ate my breakfast while reading through the posts. I should have a fairly quiet day, but that can all change in an instant :lol

I had a patient scheduled later, but she had to call to reschedule so now I'm planning on spending the day crocheting at the office :yes

Mary - The gloves actually work up fairly quickly, I think because it uses an extended sc instead of just an sc :think Great idea to leave the little tree for Luke to decorate :manyheart

Sherry - Sorry you meeting went so long :hug Sending you positive energy to get that newletter done :xfin

Marlene - Congrats on your new great nephew :manyheart How nice to run into an old friend and be able to catch up....and now you have her current info. Prayers for your brother :hug

Val - Oh boy, I hope you and your sister are feeling better :xfin Happy birthday to her :bday

Linda - Enjoy your quiet day :wink

Hi, ladies!

I just read through everyone's posts....I hope hook time is on the agenda for everyone and I'm sending hugs to all who need them (most of us, I think:manyheart:manyheart)

Have a good one:hug

Hi all,

Marisa- I love your office window with the skeleton and Santa hat!!! So perfect for a chiro office!!! Love the texting gloves pattern you posted.

I don't have much time to post now because Rutgers is getting ready to play for the Big East Championship so I want to make sure I have my crocheting by the chair. Think I'll make another 'accidental cowl' - since it's mindless and I'll be focusing on the game.

Hugs to you all!

Hi Ladies,

Mary, I forgot to mention your fall afghan. It turned out really nice. Love the colors.

Val, Hope you and your sister are on the mend real soon. Happy Birthday to your sister.

It was kind of a quiet day here. We leave are tree up year round. Today I plugged it in and all the lights work. I'm thankful for that. I finished up DD's headband. I hope it's big enough.

I don't think I mentioned Maya had to write about someone she is thankful for and she picked me. I really thought it was going to be grandpa. She's thankful for me because games, reading and making cupcakes. I'm going to frame it.

Hope everyone has a nice evening and a great friday!

Marisa - I love the Santa in your window!! What a great idea for a chiropractor! Thanks for the thoughts on the newsletter. I got it done and the boss is proofing it tomorrow morning, so I can get it out before the 1st!!!

Joanne - Hope your team does well!!!!

It was a very busy day today--the phone decided to ring off the hook :( I'd answer a call and another one would come in--that rarely happens at my office. Will be doing the pictoral directory tomorrow, it shouldn't take too much longer and I can get it finished and mark that project off my to-do list.

Well, I'd better go and see what DH is doing.

Have a great evening all!!!

Good Morning, all. :)

♥♥♥ Thanks to all of you for the compliments on my afghans...and for the help with colors for the little girl's fishy ghan. ♥♥♥ DD has asked me to make 3 little girls' TCU ruffly scarves for Luke's friends, so I will start those since I have the yarn in my stash!

Sherry ~ You must be thrilled to see Friday come this week! You deserve some "you" time this weekend. :manyheart

Marisa ~ Your decorating is perfect! :lol Love the skeleton with leg warmers, hat and shirt. :rofl Does the shirt have writing on it?

Valerie ~ Oh, I hope your sister is feeling better and that you are, too. :hug

Marlene ~ Looking forward to seeing the headbands! Congratulations on your new great nephew. :c9 Loved reading about Maya as always...she loves her grandma so much! :manyheart

Linda ~ How is the cold? I hope it's much, much better! :xfin

Hi to everyone I may have missed. :waving Have a great morning!

Good morning. It's warmer today than yesterday although it's really cloudy. My cold is better although the cough could hang on for a long time the doc said. Lovely. :blush I have to run a few errands today.

Took a pic of my window last night with the lights on :D

Impressive! I like the decorated skeleton a lot.

It was kind of a quiet day here. We leave are tree up year round. Today I plugged it in and all the lights work. I'm thankful for that. I finished up DD's headband. I hope it's big enough.

I don't think I mentioned Maya had to write about someone she is thankful for and she picked me. I really thought it was going to be grandpa. She's thankful for me because games, reading and making cupcakes. I'm going to frame it.

That is so special. :hug

hi, ladies.

Marlene, I was so touched by Maya's obvious love for you.....

Hi, Linda, Sherry, Mary, Marisa, Cindy and everyone!

So, Back to the piano ghan now. I made tapioca pudding for dessert and washed and dired towels, so it's "me" time:D esp since DH already dusted the office desk that I was going to get to...

Later, gators.

Hi Ladies,

How sweet! :manyheart:hug

Marisa - I love the Santa in your window!! What a great idea for a chiropractor! Thanks for the thoughts on the newsletter. I got it done and the boss is proofing it tomorrow morning, so I can get it out before the 1st!!!

It was a very busy day today--the phone decided to ring off the hook :( I'd answer a call and another one would come in--that rarely happens at my office. Will be doing the pictoral directory tomorrow, it shouldn't take too much longer and I can get it finished and mark that project off my to-do list.

Well, I'd better go and see what DH is doing.

Have a great evening all!!!

Great job getting the newsletter done :clap Your list is dwindling....for now :devil

Hi all,

Marisa- I love your office window with the skeleton and Santa hat!!! So perfect for a chiro office!!! Love the texting gloves pattern you posted.

I don't have much time to post now because Rutgers is getting ready to play for the Big East Championship so I want to make sure I have my crocheting by the chair. Think I'll make another 'accidental cowl' - since it's mindless and I'll be focusing on the game.

Hugs to you all!

Good Morning, all. :)

♥♥♥ Thanks to all of you for the compliments on my afghans...and for the help with colors for the little girl's fishy ghan. ♥♥♥ DD has asked me to make 3 little girls' TCU ruffly scarves for Luke's friends, so I will start those since I have the yarn in my stash!

Marisa ~ Your decorating is perfect! :lol Love the skeleton with leg warmers, hat and shirt. :rofl Does the shirt have writing on it?

Hi to everyone I may have missed. :waving Have a great morning!

No leg warmers :( The shirt is one that my parents had made for the community day event in September. I'll take a pic of it later and post for you to see, it's cute :yes

Good morning. It's warmer today than yesterday although it's really cloudy. My cold is better although the cough could hang on for a long time the doc said. Lovely. :blush I have to run a few errands today.

Impressive! I like the decorated skeleton a lot.

That is so special. :hug

Hope the cough doesn't linger too long :hug

hi, ladies.

Marlene, I was so touched by Maya's obvious love for you.....

Hi, Linda, Sherry, Mary, Marisa, Cindy and everyone!

So, Back to the piano ghan now. I made tapioca pudding for dessert and washed and dired towels, so it's "me" time:D esp since DH already dusted the office desk that I was going to get to...

Later, gators.

:kick WTG on your piano ghan progress!

For now I have some errands to run and will be back :yes

Hi Ladies,

Marisa, I love your skelton all ready for the holidays. The texting gloves are a good idea.

Judy, The piano scarf is really cute. I started one a couple of years ago, but the keyboard went the long ways. Your way looks like it is a lot easier.

Mary, What is TCU? Ruffly scarves will be cute.

Linda, Hope that cough don't hang on to long.

Joanne and Sherry, Hope you get some me time after your hard week.

Hi to the rest of the house.

Were going to hubby's sister and bil for the weekend. They are coming down right after if not when we get to Texas so were going to plan what were going to do. So I won't be on this weekend. Have a great weekend!

Hi everyone, sorry to be absent. I bought a bunch of books from Barnes and Noble and Amazon at the cyber Monday sales, and I've been busily reading them.

I had to work today, very busy day, but it went by fast.

Tomorrow is the first of the family Christmas parties. It is a lunch gathering, and I was assigned a salad and a dessert. I decided to make a fruit salad. (note to self, winter is not the ideal time for fruit salad. The fruit cost me nearly $25!) Dh made chocolate eclair dessert while I was at work. My oven is broken, so it was either that or store-bought cookies.

Marisa, your window decorations are so appropriate. I wouldn't have thought of that.

Judy the piano ghan is really looking great.

Hi Mary, Marlene, Linda, Sherri, Joanne, tab and anyone else I missed.

I am making some baby boots at the moment, although mine are not turning out quite as cute as the ones in the designers picture.

Judy - the piano ghan is beautiful!!!

Joanne - how was the game? I've been soooo busy I haven't had time to look and see the scores for any games.

Cindy - looking forward to seeing the baby boots.

Mary - Sounds like you'll be busy with ruffle scarves. I need to get some done for teacher gifts--or dish cloths-- haven't decided yet.

Marlene - have a great weekend!

Today was soooooo long and busy. didn't work on the pictorial directory but I got the newsletter out and a special letter, so I should be able to get the rest of the dictory done next week. That's the plan :)

Littlest GS must have an ear infection, he woke up from his nap at day care, crying and crying. He wouldn't stop. Gave him some tylenol and it helped for awhile. I just hate when the boys are sick--at least he can tell us now what hurts.

Well I need to work on Tam's afghan pattern so more. Will post a pic tomorrow. It's such an easy pattern.

Have a great weekend! Hugs to all!

Love the booties. They are sooo cute!

Made a take-off on a 7 layer salad for a church get-together tomorrow night. Wouldn't you know it. After shopping for all these fresh veggies for the salad, I forgot one of the ingrediants that all the different recipes called for - the frozen peas. There are lots of layers of lots of things, but no peas. :P And no layer of bacon inside it, although I'll cook some up and sprinkle it on top tomorrow. Had to thaw it out. What was in the fridge had gone bad. Shows how often I cook it. :lol It should still be good.

Got the colored strips added to the quilt, just the black border left and the top will be done. Then on to the sandwiching and then quilting.

Take care and have a great weekend everyone. :manyheart

Archived