Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Okay, here is the next update on the quilt. The next step is the black border. I'm amazed at how often I've had to go to the frog pond with this one. Each side is supposed to be the mirror image of the one one the opposite side and I've really had trouble making that happen. :lol But I'm getting there in spite of the occasional setback. :lol

[ATTACH]60383[/ATTACH]

I'll take a break when the black is done, before starting in on the next colored section. I'm pushing fluids and taking it easy.

Wow! That is going to be a really great looking quilt. Glad you are feeling better.

Tam, good news about Michael!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning!

What a weekend so far! Wonderful Thanksgiving and then spent the day with DD and Ryan on Friday. Yesterday was Small Business Saturday so I did my part in supporting small business by buying some yarn at a LYS! Then out to dinner with DH to celebrate his birthday.

Today I'm hoping to get out the Christmas decorations and do a little crocheting.

Linda- The quilt is gorgeous!!!

Hope you all have a great day!

Good morning. I don't need an alarm clock with Sweet Pea around. She won't let me sleep in too late. Wants her morning walk about. More 12" squares and working on the quilt on the agenda for today. At some point I have to get out and get a paper but that's about it. Still pushing fluids and taking it easy as I want this cold to go bye-bye really fast.

Thanks for Lisa's information, Tammy. She's really got her hands full right now. :hug 12 inch squares needed there for anyone else who can help her out. :hug

Have a great day everyone. :manyheart

.::Good Morning House.............

THANK YOU GOD!!! Michael is down another 8lbs from yesterday… 8 more to go! He’s protein levels are starting to show that they are getting back to normal too! God is so GOOD!

I too am going to work on some 12" squares today Linda. I have 1/2 a slipper to finish too. :hook

Hope you all have a fantastic day!

check back in later!!!

:heart

:mug

I'm alternating between quilting and crocheting. I've got the next side pieces done and attached to the quilt and going to switch back to crocheting for a while now. :hook:sew:hook

Hi everyone. :) We decided to do some decorating today and the outside is done!

Tammy ~ YAY! Michael is doing great and you must be so relieved. :hug

Linda ~ It's so good to 'hear' the excitement in your voice...you're finally able to craft and crochet to your heart's content. :manyheart

Joanne ~ Your weekend sounds lovely...I hope you got to crochet today!

Marlene ~ I hope all is well with your family - 'bet you're ready for some quiet time. :wink

Cindy ~ Hi!

Judy ~ Are you finished with the painting and other work being done?

Hi to the rest of the House, too. :manyheart

We're having turkey leftovers tonight, so no real cooking to do. Have a good evening, ladies. :)

hi ladies.

Linda, enjoy your craft time!

We decorated(Christmas) over the past 2 days, Mary - and our next painting job will be after Christmas - our eat in kitchen.....then the new sink and a backsplash (which we never had)

Then we are DONE!

We also stocked up on emergency supplies....another bbattery powered lantern and a camping coffee pot and toaster are coming by mail but we picked up a big ice chest and camping stove with propane canisters today.

We're nearly ready for the next outage:D...more stuff to check tomorrow.:P

Have a good night everyone:hug:manyheart

Good evening all!!! It's been a busy weekend. DS and DIL came in on Wednesday, spent most of Thursday with them and then again Friday night. Went to eat with them on Saturday morning. We went shopping Friday morning about 10 a.m., still was able to get the bargains that we wanted--mainly $5 pjs for the boys and some other items for the grown kids. Then Friday night were going to see the Boat Parade on the Oklahoma River--never had been and probably won't go again. It was freezing cold--north wind in our face--and they came on at 6 pm and said it would be delayed. Then about 10 minutes later, said it would be even later. So we went to see the lights in another park--very pretty, we go there every year. Saturday was spent with a little bit of shopping and then to watch the OU/OSU Bedlam game--nailbitter game--hate those kinds of games! Spent the day at home with the both GS (had them since Tuesday night) and DH had to work today. Sooooo not ready to go back to work tomorrow!!

Beautiful quilt!! Love the pretty colors!

Tam - great news on your son!!!!

Judy - is there another storm coming your way???

Joanne - hope your weekend was great!

I haven't crocheted much--hard to do their presents when they are here :) but I will get lost of time in this week since youngest DD will be at oldest DD watching the boys. I took a pic of the baby blanket but it didn't turn out, and I've already given the blanket to my friend. Will try to take another pic of the ripple that I'm making (Tam's pattern).

Have a great evening all!! Hugs to all!

I'm alternating between quilting and crocheting. I've got the next side pieces done and attached to the quilt and going to switch back to crocheting for a while now. :hook:sew:hookLOL... you're so funny!

Hi everyone. :) We decided to do some decorating today and the outside is done! we dont "decorate" we put up a tiny little tree and a few little things here and there on the 1st of December.... because we have a second tiny tree and our stockings and such that we take on vacation with us.

Tammy ~ YAY! Michael is doing great and you must be so relieved. :hugThank you sweetie!

Linda ~ It's so good to 'hear' the excitement in your voice...you're finally able to craft and crochet to your heart's content. :manyheart

Joanne ~ Your weekend sounds lovely...I hope you got to crochet today!

Marlene ~ I hope all is well with your family - 'bet you're ready for some quiet time. :wink

Cindy ~ Hi!

Judy ~ Are you finished with the painting and other work being done?

Hi to the rest of the House, too. :manyheart

We're having turkey leftovers tonight, so no real cooking to do. Have a good evening, ladies. :)

hi ladies.

Linda, enjoy your craft time!

We decorated(Christmas) over the past 2 days, Mary - and our next painting job will be after Christmas - our eat in kitchen.....then the new sink and a backsplash (which we never had) :yay sounds great!

Then we are DONE!

We also stocked up on emergency supplies....another bbattery powered lantern and a camping coffee pot and toaster are coming by mail but we picked up a big ice chest and camping stove with propane canisters today.

We're nearly ready for the next outage:D...more stuff to check tomorrow.:POmGoodness... you poor thing... LOL

Have a good night everyone:hug:manyheart

Good morning Housemates. It's chilly but sunny outside with frost on the cars. TV's on to a good movie and I've laid out some different colors for the squares for today and plan on working some more on the quilt, too. It feels sooo good to be able to have my projects out and about so that I can pick them up and work on whichever one suits me at the moment. :D

Hope you all have a great day. :manyheart

'Morning, all. :)

Judy ~ You have been busy! I think it's a great idea to stock up on emergency supplies.:yes A new sink and backsplash sounds so nice...my sink definitely needs replacing, too!

Sherry ~ Your weekend sounds wonderful! I hope work isn't too bad today.

Hi Tammy ~ How is Michael today? I remember your telling us in the past that you go away over Christmas - where will you go this year?

Linda ~ Oh, I would love to be able to leave projects out...Zoe makes that impossible. :lol

Marisa ~ I hope your trip home is/was? a safe one. :manyheart

I'm cleaning out the fridge and kitchen, laundry is going and I think I'll put on a pot of veggie-beef soup later. And crochet! :hook

'Morning, all. :)

Linda ~ Oh, I would love to be able to leave projects out...Zoe makes that impossible. :lol

I'm cleaning out the fridge and kitchen, laundry is going and I think I'll put on a pot of veggie-beef soup later. And crochet! :hook

Sweet Pea likes to curl up on the yarn that's out and somtimes pushes it out of her way and onto the floor, but otherwise she's not bad. :lol

Soup sounds great. :hug

Good morning ladies :hi

Hopefully back to a routine :xfin I think I was last here on the holiday, which of course was wonderful. It was just my parents and my aunt & uncle (mom's sister & dh) for dinner. My mom is improving and was VERY excited to start getting some formation to her stools (sorry if that's TMI :lol But, when you're ill, those are the things that matter). And although she's improving, she still gets worn out quickly but she still wanted to cook her thanksgiving dinner. Then we just lounged around watching mostly the Hallmark channel and I worked on a pair of texting gloves that I came across in the help section when someone had a question. This is the first year in many that I didn't get up early and go shopping on Friday and that's just because while there wasn't anything I wanted/needed at those times I also couldn't drag my mom with me. Usually I just go to go because I like to and I'm the idiot in line buying regular everyday things. I think last year I got wax paper and some baking stuff :rofl

So, we spent Friday decorating. Me and dad brought everything down from the attic while mom started going through boxes and pulling things out. Mom and I did the house stuff while dad put together the tree and put the lights on. By the time we finished mom was tired, so we left the ornaments for the tree til Saturday. Then we went shopping Friday afternoon. We ran to Walmart for a couple odds and ends, they saw a plastic train set for $30 so my dad wanted to get it and then the kids can play it into the ground and it won't matter. Whereas, his good trains we left in the attic....they are the old Lionel metal ones about 60 years old and the kids will just want to keep running them. Plus, my sil and bro kinda let them touch and play with whatever they want so they don't have much of that understanding that they can't always touch everything when they go other places :think So, better off leaving the good ones away :yes Oh, so anyways, they ended up not having the train they previously saw at a different Wal mart in a neighboring town (you see where this is going).

We trucked through the mall (our mall is quite small and not elaborate by any means) and I found a pair of cozy boots that should be good for walking in when we go out around here for only $15, originally $60 :clap I got the only pair they had in my size and although Steph wasn't with us, we had to call her and she got the 2 colors they had in her size :lol And we got our xmas pj's in Kmart.

We lounged the rest of the night and I worked more on the gloves. Then Saturday we finished up the tree (well, as much as we were doing....they left the whole front bottom empty for the kids to finish when they get here). I finished the gloves (and of course I forgot to take a pic, but no worries because I think I have 3 more pair to make before xmas for me, my mom, and Steph....then I feel bad not making a pair for my aunt so I'll find something else since she barely uses her cell phone she doesn't need texting gloves :think ) We were getting ready and then were going to eat before leaving the house and the power went out while I was in the shower. So, we had lunch at Arby's instead and then ran to the other wal mart and also went to Sam's while we were there.

Stopped by the cemetary on the way back to put a cross on my grandparents grave and then a friend of mine stopped by to kill time while her daughter was at a birthday party on her dad's side....then she had a sleep over party that night so my friend had to pick her back up after about 2 hours. This is the friend from chiro school that I had stop by to adjust my mom. It was nice hanging out for a bit. After she left my aunt and uncle stopped by to visit (dad's bro and sil). Well, she loved the gloves so much that I let her have them, which is why I still need to make 3 pair :eek:rofl And she was just super excited when she realized I wasn't kidding around. Then we were able to relax with more xmas movies and crocheting....of course I started the next pair of gloves :lol

Sunday we had a late breakfast at the Cracker Barrel and then I left. It took me about 6.5 hours to get home and should've been 4.5 :eek The traffic was crazy. I hit some before I even got to the turnpike, but it was expected for a holiday weekend because it was where another interstate joined in and 4 lanes go down to 2. But then on the turnpike about half way there was a sign that there was an accident after the next exit. Well, it took me 50 minutes to go 3 miles :eek Then it was weird after that. It kept openning up for a few miles and then would back up for a few miles. I never did see any remnants of the accident anywhere :think But then it was like that all the to Pitt. At one rest stop I pulled over and just drove through it was so packed. Then I stopped at the next, I really just wanted a snack so it wasn't a dire emergency that I stop :lol

Last night Steph had stew in the crock pot when I got home which was super yummy, esp that I was starving. I unpacked and watched tv, but didn't craft at all. I did a couple sudoku puzzles instead. I didn't get to the gym this morning because I decided to sleep in. So, I'll workout here after my patient later on before I head home. I ran to the market and leisurely checked out the new discount store. I got a lot of stuff for $10! But I had a $10 off of $20 coupon for the store. It's amazing how hard it was to reach $20 since I really only NEEDED eggs :lol

Now I'm here and need to do some paperwork and such now that I've written you all a book!

Oh, I need to decorate the office too.

Linda - I hope you're head cold is feeling better :hug The quilt is gorgeous :manyheart I also miss being able to leave my projects out and about.

Joanne - Have a great day in paradise :hug

Cindy - I love chicken and dumplings :drool

Tam - So glad to hear that Michael is improving...how is his weight today? Thanks for the link to the squares, I'm sure I can get a couple done in the midst of everything else to send out :hug They sure do have a full plate. It's amazing how bad the economy is now and just how many people are falling into this scenario :sigh

Marlene - I love the leftovers. We've been eating them since Thursday and still going :lol Although, we have the whole traditional turkey dinner and then add on top of that an Italian meal as well. So, at least we have to plates to alternate between :yes

Judy - Great 'family' pic....although you and Sparkie must have been having you're own party elsewhere :devil Hope you're feeling better :hug

Mary - Glad you're feeling better. Such fun with the kids :clap

Sherry - Sounds like you had a wonderful and fun filled weekend with your GSs :yay

I think I'm doing everything I can for the cold. Not sure they'd order any antibiotics with me having C-diff so recently, sooooo. I'll continue pushing fluids, taking decongestants for sinuses and chest, Tylenol, and vitamins.

Here the latest update picture of the quilt.

post-9295-135897788623_thumb.jpg

Glad you had such a good time at your mom and dad's, Marisa.

:c9So very Thankful today for Michael losing 5 more pounds of water weight and tested this morning only spilling a trace of protein. Three more pounds and two more days of trace or negative and we can start weaning the meds!

I think I'm doing everything I can for the cold. Not sure they'd order any antibiotics with me having C-diff so recently, sooooo. I'll continue pushing fluids, taking decongestants for sinuses and chest, Tylenol, and vitamins.

Here the latest update picture of the quilt.

[ATTACH]60440[/ATTACH]

Glad you had such a good time at your mom and dad's, Marisa.

I am loving this quilt :manyheart You are moving very quickly with it! Prayers for your cold, it does sound like you're doing what you can....rest and hydrate :hug

:c9So very Thankful today for Michael losing 5 more pounds of water weight and tested this morning only spilling a trace of protein. Three more pounds and two more days of trace or negative and we can start weaning the meds!

:clap:yay:cheer:jumpyay:bounce:woo

Continued prayers for Michael :hug How is Ken doing?

Called the doctor's office and they said I should come in and be checked, so have an appointment at 9:30 tomorrow morning. They did say that it sounded like I was doing all the right things. :blush Lots of crocheting and sewing time thanks to this bug. :hook I've almost finished 6 12" squares now. Just one more row on #6. Of course, I haven't hidden any of the tails yet. :blush

That's wonderful news, Tammy. :clap :clap :clap

Hi, ladies....

Well, we're set---and yes, Sherry, there's always another storm on the horizon. Living so close to the coast we can get some doozies, though not nearly as bad as the superstorm. We ALWAYS lose power, too...never for 12 days like we just did, but at least we have options now. We tested the propane stove and it's terrific - heats up soup very fast (we wanted to make sure we knew how to use it, so we tested it).

Linda, I'm glad you're going in to see the doctor again....good to check and see that you're making progress.

I haven't worked on the piano ghan in a couple of days - I was achy (old age - the UTI is under control:)) and couldn't get up the interest....

Tomorrow, maybe.

Have a good night my friends:hug:hug:hug:hug

Just got home from a very busy day at work. I'm off for the next three days now.

Marisa, you certainly had a nice weekend, all except for the drive home. So glad to hear that your mom is feeling better.

Tam, good news about Michael, hope tomorrow those last pounds are off. He must feel so much better.

Linda, did the doctor say anything else about your being sick? Hope you feel better soon. I never leave my projects around because I don't like the clutter, but I do think it would be nice to just pick something up and work on it.

Mary, you had an ambitious day. Sounds like a lot got accomplished.

Judy, now that you are prepared for a power outage, maybe you will be lucky enough to avoid another one this season! We could also use a new backsplash, will have to see what dh says. We just had new garage doors installed last week. Just waiting on one more door opener. My side, of course!

I joined weight watchers last week and lost 5 pounds. I don't expect that to happen again, but it is very encouraging. I'd like to lose 50 pounds and I don't really care if it takes a year. I also walked for 30 minutes every day last week. I got home from work today too late to go out and walk. It was already dark. I may go on DD's elliptical later, but I can only do about 10 minutes on that thing. I'm really out of shape!

Val, Marlene, Sherry, and every one else, hope you had good holiday weekends.

Marisa - sounds like you had a great holiday!

Cindy - enjoy your three days off!!

Judy - sorry to hear you've got another storm coming in :( but at least you are prepared for it.

Linda - hope you get to feeling a lot better soon.

Tam - awesome news about your son!!

Had a very long day today. I've got payroll, pledges, a newsletter and a directory to get out this week :( Hopefully tomorrow I can get the newsletter done as I got the pledges done today. The directory is a pictoral directory and it's taking a lot more time than I thought. Hopefully I can have all of it done by Friday.

Got some really awesome news tonight!! Oldest GS is student of the month!!! We are so proud of him, he does so well in his school work. Haven't got to talk to him yet but hopefully tomorrow since it's almost bedtime for him.

Have a great evening all!! Off to crochet!

::: (\_(\

*: (=’ :’) :*

•.. (,(”)(”)¤°.¸¸.•´¯`» Good Morning •¨¯`•

just stoppin' in real quick to wish you all a Terrific Tuesday!

I'm off to sub at the elementary school today.... so I'll catch up later this afternoon/evening with you all!

I'm gonna take my hook and some yarn so I can squeeze in a little crochet time during my lunch break and after school while waiting for the younger two.

:hug and :manyheart to you guys!

have a great day!

Archived