Our House Part Two

JulieKay

:tdance:ttalk:pilgrim Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone! :pilgrim:ttalk:tdance

May your day be spent with those you love and filled with blessings. I'll be heading out to a friend's house in about an hour and a half. I'm bringing German chocolate cake, cranberry pineapple sauce, and sparkling grape juice.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning. It's awfully quiet here, are you all out shopping? This is the first time in years that I haven't gone shopping on black Friday. I usually go with my sister in law, but they did not come for the weekend this year, due to her work schedule. I can;t say I am missing the crowds at all!

No big plans for today, most of my chores are done, just some laundry to fold and one last bathroom to clean. DD and the boys are coming over this afternoon, and then sil will join them here when he is done for the day. I'm making chicken and dumplings for dinner, the boys like it, and its easy.

It is really cold here today after it was over 60 degrees yesterday. Rain/sleet is falling at the moment and it is supposed to change to snow. The grandsons will be disappointed if the rain continues, because then they will have to play inside. They love running around in the woods, and finding "treasures" and they could do that in the snow, but I doubt if DD will let them out there in the rain. In fact the boys love playing outside here so much that dd and dsil are considering moving from the house they had built in town to something with acreage for the boys. DD is a little reluctant, they live in close proximity to everything, but there is an apple farm across the street from them, so it has a bit of country atmosphere.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Hi Ladies,

Linda, Your apt looks like great. Lots of room for one person. Love the quilt above your bed. Great job on the baby quilt and shawl. How nice of you to make a shawl for Marisa's Mom, it's lovely to.

Kathy, Hi!

Joanne, Thanks for sharing the link for the cowl. I'll be watching for some chunky yarn to go on sale.

Judy, Glad you got the paint job done and are happy with his job.

Tam, All your projects for the charity are lovely. They'll be well accepted.

Marisa, Good news on your Mom. She looks lovely with her new shawl Linda made her.

Cindy, Enjoy your craft day today with DD.

Sherry, Enjoy your time with DS and DD in-law.

Mary, Hope you were to making dinner yesterday.

Val, Hope you had a great day with all your family. I'm all for a master list of address's.

We had a nice day yesterday and a nice dinner. It was the first time I felt like this was a lot of work. But it was worth it.

Did anyone go out this morning shopping? DS went out last night to Sears and got what he wanted. DD stopped on her way home last night. With her changing jobs this is the first year she hasn't had to open the store. Her hours for today and tomorrow are noon to seven. Pretty good hours I think. All the craziness should be done by then.

I'm going to crochet today. Leftovers to warm up so dinner will be easy.

Are weather here yesterday was 60. We had the slider open and I wore capri's. That don't happen in Michigan on Thanksgiving. But today is a different story. It's cold and windy here and the furnace is running.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Good morning! I've been fighting a mild head cold for about a week, but yesterday it went to my chest with a vengence. I'm loading myself up with vitamin C, antihistamines, decongestants, and cough medicine. If it isn't better by Monday I'll go in to see the doctor. That means I'm going to be taking it very easy this weekend.

I had a marvelous time yesterday with my friend Jenny and her family. After the family left, Jenny and I sat and crafted and talked while watching holiday movies on TV. She needed to vent and I was glad to be a listener. The food was fabulous.

Hope the rest of the holiday weekend goes well for all of you. :manyheart

::: (\_(\

*: (=’ :’) :*

•.. (,(”)(”)¤°.¸¸.•´¯`» Good Morning •¨¯`•

Hope you all had a fabuous Thanksgiving! My daughter was able to come over... it was nice to have her here for the day! I was able to make a really low sodium Thanksgiving meal... Turkey and all the sides so that Michael could enjoy is day too. And PRAISE GOD... Michael is down 14 lbs as of this morning. He was down 7 yesterday and 7 more today. The edema is letting up.. the water is coming off. 26 more pounds... my baby will be back to original weight and the meds can really kick in to help his kidneys.... WOOHOO.... :cheer Now that is a good Thanksgiving!!!!

Today is a relaxing day... of eating leftovers... playin' video games for the boys... and crocheting for me!

Good morning. It's awfully quiet here, are you all out shopping? This is the first time in years that I haven't gone shopping on black Friday. I usually go with my sister in law, but they did not come for the weekend this year, due to her work schedule. I can;t say I am missing the crowds at all! I have never done the Black Friday shopping thing..... staying at home is quieter and safer... :D

No big plans for today, most of my chores are done, just some laundry to fold and one last bathroom to clean. DD and the boys are coming over this afternoon, and then sil will join them here when he is done for the day. I'm making chicken and dumplings for dinner, the boys like it, and its easy. yum... sounds good. I dont have much planned for the day either... little laundry and lots of crocheting!

It is really cold here today after it was over 60 degrees yesterday. Rain/sleet is falling at the moment and it is supposed to change to snow. The grandsons will be disappointed if the rain continues, because then they will have to play inside. They love running around in the woods, and finding "treasures" and they could do that in the snow, but I doubt if DD will let them out there in the rain. In fact the boys love playing outside here so much that dd and dsil are considering moving from the house they had built in town to something with acreage for the boys. DD is a little reluctant, they live in close proximity to everything, but there is an apple farm across the street from them, so it has a bit of country atmosphere.

we live out on 11 achres of farm land.... love it out here... so quiet... and private! its great for raising kids!

Hope everyone has a great day.

Hi Ladies,

Linda, Your apt looks like great. Lots of room for one person. Love the quilt above your bed. Great job on the baby quilt and shawl. How nice of you to make a shawl for Marisa's Mom, it's lovely to.

Kathy, Hi!

Joanne, Thanks for sharing the link for the cowl. I'll be watching for some chunky yarn to go on sale.

Judy, Glad you got the paint job done and are happy with his job.

Tam, All your projects for the charity are lovely. They'll be well accepted. Thank you so much!

Marisa, Good news on your Mom. She looks lovely with her new shawl Linda made her.

Cindy, Enjoy your craft day today with DD.

Sherry, Enjoy your time with DS and DD in-law.

Mary, Hope you were to making dinner yesterday.

Val, Hope you had a great day with all your family. I'm all for a master list of address's.

We had a nice day yesterday and a nice dinner. It was the first time I felt like this was a lot of work. But it was worth it.

Did anyone go out this morning shopping? No way...lol DS went out last night to Sears and got what he wanted. DD stopped on her way home last night. With her changing jobs this is the first year she hasn't had to open the store. Her hours for today and tomorrow are noon to seven. Pretty good hours I think. All the craziness should be done by then.

I'm going to crochet today. me too! I have some fingerless mitts and slippers I would like to work on today! Leftovers to warm up so dinner will be easy. Yep... same here!!

Are weather here yesterday was 60. We had the slider open and I wore capri's. That don't happen in Michigan on Thanksgiving. But today is a different story. It's cold and windy here and the furnace is running.

Hope everyone has a great day! have a great day yourself dear!

:heart

:mug

Good morning! I've been fighting a mild head cold for about a week, but yesterday it went to my chest with a vengence. I'm loading myself up with vitamin C, antihistamines, decongestants, and cough medicine. If it isn't better by Monday I'll go in to see the doctor. That means I'm going to be taking it very easy this weekend.Oh honey.... praying praying praying for you!!! Feel better soon!

I had a marvelous time yesterday with my friend Jenny and her family. After the family left, Jenny and I sat and crafted and talked while watching holiday movies on TV. She needed to vent and I was glad to be a listener. The food was fabulous. I'm so glad you had a nice Thanksgiving even with your cold! Bless you my dear! :hug

Hope the rest of the holiday weekend goes well for all of you. :manyheart

Hi, ladies....

I'm happy to see that everyone seems to have had a nice day with family and friends!

Hey ladies :hi

Dropping back to check in and also share a pic with you....with Linda's approval :D

My mom received a package from her and her prayer shawl group yesterday and here she is (looking half asleep). She's very grateful for the extra prayers and loves the shawl! Thanks Linda :hug :hug :hug It really made her day!

That was so sweet!!! your mom looks like she's wrapped in love....:manyheart

We had DS over and had a nice day...despite the fact I had to run to CVS first thing and pick up something to alleviate the pain from a UTI that started when I woke up.:P Saw the doc this AM, so all is getting better now.

Here's a pic of the family (Sparkie didn't get the memo).....we do have a baby gate in front of the entrance to the living room but once Miss Lucy saw DS there she decided to ignore it and was all over him. He knew to just let her do her thing and smell him (ewwww.....cat smell!..LOL) and she satyed near him a lot....even fell asleep next to him on the floor.

She's making her own rules:lol

post-8552-135897788397_thumb.jpg

We had DS over and had a nice day...despite the fact I had to run to CVS first thing and pick up something to alleviate the pain from a UTI that started when I woke up.:P Saw the doc this AM, so all is getting better now.

Here's a pic of the family (Sparkie didn't get the memo).....we do have a baby gate in front of the entrance to the living room but once Miss Lucy saw DS there she decided to ignore it and was all over him. He knew to just let her do her thing and smell him (ewwww.....cat smell!..LOL) and she satyed near him a lot....even fell asleep next to him on the floor.

She's making her own rules:lol

Beautiful picture, Judy. Hasn't Lucy been making her own rules all along? :lol

I've been cutting out pieces for a Project Linus quilt today. 5 colors cut so far and just two to go.

Hi House. :) It seems like forever since I've really caught up with you all. :manyheart Hopefully, things will stay calm for at least a few days now.

Tammy ~ Oh, that is such good news about Michael! :hug I'm glad you are having a little crochet time. :)

Cindy ~ Yum - chicken and dumplings sounds perfect for a cold, snowy day. I think it's so nice that your MIL wanted to have dinner yesterday. :manyheart

Linda ~ I'm so sorry about the cold. :hug I hope it doesn't drag on too long. :hug

Judy ~ The picture of your DH, DS and Lucy is priceless. :lol (And her namesake sure made up lots of her own rules, too. :D) I hope the UTI clears up soon...not fun. :hug

Spoke too soon...the phone just rang!

I've been cutting out pieces for a Project Linus quilt today. 5 colors cut so far and just two to go.

Way to go, Linda! :clap

Sherry ~ Can't wait to see the baby blanket! I'll bet you're super busy with your family this weekend. :)

Valerie ~ Hi! Looking forward to hearing about your Thanksgiving.

Joanne ~ I hope you're enjoying your long weekend! How is little Ryan doing? :c9

Marlene ~ Like you, I'm tired, but happy. How is Daisy handling all the activity? Did you figure out the headband pattern?

We had a beautiful day with DD, SIL and boys. Zach slept most of the time and Luke kept the rest of us busy. :lol For once, I had everything hot and on the table at the same time! Luke stayed here last night -we played outside this a.m. with tractors and dump trucks and I took him home about noon. :)

Definitely planning on some crochet time this weekend!

Beautiful picture, Judy. Hasn't Lucy been making her own rules all along? :lol

Ain't THAT the truth...LOL!

Looking forward to seeing the finished product! How are your hands holding up??

Take care of yourself - stay hydrated!:hug

Hi House. :) It seems like forever since I've really caught up with you all. :manyheart Hopefully, things will stay calm for at least a few days now. Fingers crossed for you!

Judy ~ The picture of your DH, DS and Lucy is priceless. :lolThanks! I saw the scene and ran for the camera!! Not bad for using it without my glasses on! (And her namesake sure made up lots of her own rules, too. :D) I hope the UTI clears up soon...not fun. :hug

Thanks so much....

Spoke too soon...the phone just rang!Uh-oh!

We had a beautiful day with DD, SIL and boys. Zach slept most of the time and Luke kept the rest of us busy. :lol For once, I had everything hot and on the table at the same time! Luke stayed here last night -we played outside this a.m. with tractors and dump trucks and I took him home about noon. :)

Definitely planning on some crochet time this weekend!

Little guys are so cute at Luke's age.....

I hope you get some time to rest up this weekend - all of us, as a matter of fact! I feel tired more easily after marathon days like I've had lately....

Have a great night everyone:hug:manyheart

I've got all the pieces for the new quilt cut out and the innermost strip with its borders sewn together. Of course, the innermost strip is the smallest one, too. :lol :lol :lol Another rainbow colored quilt. :lol :lol :lol

post-9295-135897788413_thumb.jpg

Have a good night all. :hug

Good morning! :sun Can't believe I'm the first one in this morning. Slept well last night and feel better today. It chilly and very brisk this morning. Sweet Pea loves it. I plan on taking it easy and doing more crafting today while listening to/watching TV. There should be lots of holiday movies on this weekend. I really like the change from thrillers and violence that is on so much of the time. And, of course, there are still plenty of Thanksgiving left-overs to enjoy. Have a good one. :manyheart

Hi Ladies. :manyheart

Judy ~ I just noticed that you're posting progress on the piano 'ghan in your signature line! You know we love progress pictures. :wink:photo

Linda ~ Love the colors in your quilt! :cheer How big will it be? Our weather sounds a lot like yours...cold and sunny. :wgrin Enjoy your day...and I'm glad you're not overdoing things. :yes

My cold is about gone - yay! Today will be another "try to catch up day." :lol I hope everyone has a great morning. :manyheart

Linda ~ Love the colors in your quilt! :cheer How big will it be? Our weather sounds a lot like yours...cold and sunny. :wgrin Enjoy your day...and I'm glad you're not overdoing things. :yes

My cold is about gone - yay! Today will be another "try to catch up day." :lol I hope everyone has a great morning. :manyheart

The quilt will be for a twin size bed. I wanted to pick colors that would be appropriate for a boy teenager. I somehow think that more people will pick colors for girls, so wanted to make one that a boy would like. But it could go either way, which also makes it more flexible.

My cold is better and I'm sure it's due to taking it easy yesterday. I LOVE being in control of the temperature in my apartment, too. I don't have to shiver all the time because John has the temps to his liking, while Kim and I were bundled up in blankets and sweatshirts. :D

Okay, here is the next update on the quilt. The next step is the black border. I'm amazed at how often I've had to go to the frog pond with this one. Each side is supposed to be the mirror image of the one one the opposite side and I've really had trouble making that happen. :lol But I'm getting there in spite of the occasional setback. :lol

post-9295-135897788441_thumb.jpg

I'll take a break when the black is done, before starting in on the next colored section. I'm pushing fluids and taking it easy.

Wow! Linda, it's gorgeous and you've accomplished so much since this a.m.!:clap Making it gender neutral is such a great idea. :)

Everyone must be out shopping! I never go out on the weekend after Thanksgiving. :lol DH and Gracie have been raking leaves and I've done quite a bit inside...crochet time soon!

:manyheartGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD AFTERNOON HOUSE.......

•°*”˜˜”*°•.ƸӜƷ.•°*”˜˜”*°•PRAISE THE LORD FOR HE IS GOOD!

Today I am Thankful for Michael losing 10 more pounds as of this morning. :yay 16lbs to go and he will be back to his original weight. Thank you God for keeping Michael safe and helping him fight though this… Thank you for all your love and prayers! Keep 'em comin'!

~*~ Life is good ~*~ •°*”˜˜”*°•.ƸӜƷ.•°*”˜˜”*°•

Linda... that quilt is coming along wonderfully!!!!

I'm spending the day crocheting!!!!! I'm going to squeeze in a few 12" squares for one of our 'villers who is in need for Christmas gifts for a few kids. Her thread ... HERE

I also have a pair of slippers in the works and some ear warmers and fingerless mitts.

Love my hook and yarn!

Tammy it's wonderful that Michael is losing weight so quickly. His kidneys are obviously responding well. :clap:clap:clap

Thanks for making me aware of the need for squares. I'll make some of those, too. They are sure having a huge problem and the need is obviously great. :hug

Here's the next step in the quilt making. Black center border done. I'll take a break from sewing now and switch to crocheting.

post-9295-135897788482_thumb.jpg

Tammy it's wonderful that Michael is losing weight so quickly. His kidneys are obviously responding well. :clap :clap :clap Thanks hon....Its so good to see him feeling and looking better!!!!

Thanks for making me aware of the need for squares. I'll make some of those, too. They are sure having a huge problem and the need is obviously great. :hugYou're a doll... I knew if I posted here in Our House... she would get help. Those would love a blanket from her for Christmas.

Here's the next step in the quilt making. Black center border done. I'll take a break from sewing now and switch to crocheting. I cant even express how impressed I am with your quilt making! That one is awesome!!!!

[ATTACH]60395[/ATTACH]

Hi, ladies

Judy ~ I just noticed that you're posting progress on the piano 'ghan in your signature line! You know we love progress pictures. :wink:photo

with this ghan there really isn't much to see but i'll get one taken soon

Glad you're better

Linda, i love the look of this quilt!

Tam, that's great about Michael.

Another busy day here...i need to soak in the tub later :lol

Have a good night everyone :hug

Archived