Our House Part Two

JulieKay

·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸Evening all¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

So I got a pair of slippers made today for Michael along with some more rows on my ripple'ghan.

I just got done with dinner.. clean up and homwork with the boys... so I may work more on the ripple'ghan... I really need to get that done.

Anyway... here is Michaels slippers

post-18634-135897786533_thumb.jpg

Maybe the next pair will be for me ...LOL

oh..btw Judy... your brothers stuff is awesome!!!!!!

:heart

:mug

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Ladies,

Tam, Hope Michael isn't to long before he's back to himself again.:hug I bet the slippers put a smile on his face. The ripple looks really nice.

Judy, Your brothers does some really nice work. Craftiness runs in the family.

Linda, Your fast on that quilt. Hope your feeling better tomorrow.

Marisa, :clap another patient! How's your Mom doing?

Cindy, I only seen snow on the rooftops here. And that is okay with me.

Joanne, Is your project still going to be done at the end of the year? If so it won't be to much longer. Something to think about is next week will be a short week for you with Thanksgiving.

My hand is still healing. I can now use fingernail clippers in my left hand without looking like i'm using a stapler on them.:clap The first neurologist I seen when all this happened two years ago told me it could take up to two years to heal.

I'm going to go crochet. Hope everyone has a great wednesday!

Hi all! It's been a busy week--is it Friday yet????? Last night was another marathon meeting with a lot of stressful stuff. got home in time to put the both GS to bed and they had a bad night, each one had bad dreams. Then today the computers decided to act up again (I swear they are possessed). Didn't get much done and tomorrow's payday.

Lots to catch up on. Sounds like you guys have been busy.

Tam - sorry to hear Michael's relapsed. Will say some prayers. Love the afghan! I need to do one for youngest DD, have the yarn, just need to decide on a pattern.

The baby blanket I'm making is working up fast, almost have used 4 skeins of yarn (use double strands--one of pink and the other is white--looks like cotton candy), so hopefully I'll have it done by the weekend.

Well, I'd better go and see if I can find a pattern for DD's afghan (it's a Christmas present). Not sure what the other one will get--jacket I was making was way too small :( guess I'll look for something else to make her as well.

Have a great evening!!

Good morning,

Great slippers, Tammy- I'm sure they will be loved by Michael! Continued prayers and positive thoughts!

Sherry- Sorry you had a rough day- hope that you find the perfect gift to make for DD. I pulled out a RR that had been hibernating that I'm making with Charisma yarn. And I did another block on the flannelghan last night

Marlene- The project has been divided into two phases so the first phase goes live mid Dec and the second phase March- so I still have a few more long months to go. Glad to hear that the hand is finally improving

Val- How's things going with you and your afghan making?

Just looked at the clock--I thought it was earlier so I have to skedaddle!

Happy Hump Day!

post-18634-135897786556_thumb.gif

Hope all is well here in our House!!!

If I dont get called in to sub today and/or Michael is feeling well enough to try a day at school ... I have plans of crocheting the day away! I was asked to make a cover for a catheter pouch for a friend. Her husband is so embarrased by it being out in the open that he wont go anywhere. I think I have the design in my head figured out... now to put it to paper and yarn :hook

I need to work on this ripple'ghan too!!! Somewhere in the day I might try to make myself a pair of slippers....LOL

Thanks Marlene!!! Good to hear your hand is healing... take it easy with that hook :hook

Thank you Sherry :hug Maybe you could make a nice little poncho or shawl for your other daughter.

Thanks so much Joanne.... have a great day!!!!

Well... off to keep getting the boys ready for school

catch up more later.

morning, peeps!

TY all for the compliments on my brother's work. His grandson, who is 2, loves to hang out with G'pa and watch. We may have another designer in the family!

Tam, you're a good person....I'm sure the bag cover you're going to come up with will be perfect.

Poor Michael....hugs and prayers for all of you.

Marlene, I'm so happy to hear that your hand is improving!

Sherry, you could make other DD a few scarves of different colors/weights so she has choices for her wardrobe. Is she into shawls? There are very trendy patterns out there.....

Joanne, I hope your day speeds by and you get home at a decent time.

Hi to Cindy, Mary, Marisa, and everyone else I've missed.

Have a good one!

Hi to everyone else...

Good morning everyone. Cold day here, but the sun is shining.

DD is sleeping, (has to work tonight), so whatever I do today has to be quiet. I have a bit of laundry to finish and then will likely clean bathrooms and craft. I have made a bunch of hats and scarves for hurricane relief, and hope to make a few more. Aunt Bubbels, (Janet), started a thread for this in the "crocheting for charity" section. I would like to get a box sent out this week. I think I read that she is going to collect until early to mid December.

We have our November potluck at church tonight and I still haven't decided exactly what I am bringing. It will be something with chicken, and I have a few ideas in mind, but nothing sounds good to me. Guess if it comes right down to it, I will make chicken-fettucine alfredo.

Judy, your brother makes some lovely things. Hope his shop is successful.

Sherri, hope you come up with something easy for your other DD. Since the one is getting an afghan, the other one will expect something substantial too. Otherwise I would suggest something like slippers or a purse or tote. Those are pretty quick to make.

Marlene, so glad your hand is improving. Do you stay in Michigan until after Christmas, or do you leave for Texas earlier?

Joanne, glad you had a good day at work. Your project is a really long one isn't it. Hasn't it been going on all year already?

Tam, hope Michael feels well enough to go to school today. Your slippers look great, bet Michael was really pleased. (maybe you can make yourself some now!) I'm sure that the bag cover you come up with will be great as well.

Mary, how are dd and family doing with the new baby. Is dd's incision doing better?

Marisa, your practice is growing, slow but sure! How is your mom doing?

Linda, sounds like Rosie was really pleased with her new jewelry. As for the prayer shawl, I really appreciate the one you made me so I know that the recipient of your latest one will also be comforted by it. Looking forward to seeing your baby quilt. Do you quilt them by hand?

Hey, Cindy - yummo for potluck dinners! Have you ever made chicken cacciatore using chicken breasts? I cut them into generous pieces and it's an easy recipe to double, etc....

Hey, Cindy - yummo for potluck dinners! Have you ever made chicken cacciatore using chicken breasts? I cut them into generous pieces and it's an easy recipe to double, etc....

No will have to look up some recipes and see if I have the ingredients. I spent $200 at the grocery store on Monday, and I absolutely refuse to spend anymore this week.

What I really should do is see if I can find a recipe that uses boxed stuffing mix. For some reason I have about 10 of those!

morning, peeps!

TY all for the compliments on my brother's work. His grandson, who is 2, loves to hang out with G'pa and watch. We may have another designer in the family! aww...too sweet!!!

Tam, you're a good person....I'm sure the bag cover you're going to come up with will be perfect. oh..... goodness... thank you!!!

Poor Michael....hugs and prayers for all of you. bless you my friend! Thanks!!!

Marlene, I'm so happy to hear that your hand is improving!

Sherry, you could make other DD a few scarves of different colors/weights so she has choices for her wardrobe. Is she into shawls? There are very trendy patterns out there.....

Joanne, I hope your day speeds by and you get home at a decent time.

Hi to Cindy, Mary, Marisa, and everyone else I've missed.

Have a good one! You too!!! :hug

Hi to everyone else...

Good morning everyone. Cold day here, but the sun is shining. Love Fall days like that... sunny but cool!

DD is sleeping, (has to work tonight), so whatever I do today has to be quiet. I have a bit of laundry to finish and then will likely clean bathrooms and craft. I have made a bunch of hats and scarves for hurricane relief, and hope to make a few more. Aunt Bubbels, (Janet), started a thread for this in the "crocheting for charity" section. I would like to get a box sent out this week. I think I read that she is going to collect until early to mid December.Oh how wondeful you are!!!! Bless you for helping!!!

We have our November potluck at church tonight and I still haven't decided exactly what I am bringing. It will be something with chicken, and I have a few ideas in mind, but nothing sounds good to me. Guess if it comes right down to it, I will make chicken-fettucine alfredo. I am sure whatever you make it will be FAB!

hmmm... now you got me thinking about chicken and dinner.... :think

Judy, your brother makes some lovely things. Hope his shop is successful.

Sherri, hope you come up with something easy for your other DD. Since the one is getting an afghan, the other one will expect something substantial too. Otherwise I would suggest something like slippers or a purse or tote. Those are pretty quick to make.

Marlene, so glad your hand is improving. Do you stay in Michigan until after Christmas, or do you leave for Texas earlier?

Joanne, glad you had a good day at work. Your project is a really long one isn't it. Hasn't it been going on all year already?

Tam, hope Michael feels well enough to go to school today. Your slippers look great, bet Michael was really pleased. (maybe you can make yourself some now!) I'm sure that the bag cover you come up with will be great as well. Thanks hon. He did... I hope he makes the whole day through. Michael loves his new slippers.... LOL... so does David (thief) LOL.

Mary, how are dd and family doing with the new baby. Is dd's incision doing better?

Marisa, your practice is growing, slow but sure! How is your mom doing?

Linda, sounds like Rosie was really pleased with her new jewelry. As for the prayer shawl, I really appreciate the one you made me so I know that the recipient of your latest one will also be comforted by it. Looking forward to seeing your baby quilt. Do you quilt them by hand?

Good morning ladies :hi

I quickly breezed through the posts since Friday, but didn't take notes.

My mom heard back from the doc today and she is still testing positive for the c diff infection. However, she is doing better physically so I think the positive test is going to linger a while, but I don't think it's really active anymore and we're really working on the colitis now. The doc did recommend getting her up for a 2nd opion though, so we're trying to see where she'll go for that.

Tam - Prayers for Michael, I hope he's feeling better :hug :hug

Joanne - Ben has a separated shoulder :( And it sounds pretty severe, but they're really not saying much to confirm anything and I don't think they will. We play Baltimore this week, which is a huge rivalry and they'll try not to give them a heads up on how to prepare, IMO.

Hi, all. I'm getting off to a late start today. No energy for some reason. I'm making steady progress the prayer shawl for Melissa.

Tammy, if you need a pattern for the bag cover, I can get you one. They are one of the things that my church's In Stitches group make and there is a pattern for them that I can get just by stopping by the church. I'm sure yours will be lovely, but if you want one that is already written just let me know.

Tammy, glad that Michael felt well enough to try going to school today. :hug

Marisa, I'm hoping that your mom continues to improve, but it does sound like a second opinion is called for. Good luck finding a good one.

Cindy, all your talk about chicken recipes is making me hungry. :D

Joanne, hope that the days aren't too long with the project at work. :hug

Good morning ladies :hi

I quickly breezed through the posts since Friday, but didn't take notes.

My mom heard back from the doc today and she is still testing positive for the c diff infection. However, she is doing better physically so I think the positive test is going to linger a while, but I don't think it's really active anymore and we're really working on the colitis now. The doc did recommend getting her up for a 2nd opion though, so we're trying to see where she'll go for that. praying for your mom!!! Ken had c diff too after his transplant... meds cleared it up.

Tam - Prayers for Michael, I hope he's feeling better :hug :hug Thank you so much!!!

Joanne - Ben has a separated shoulder :( And it sounds pretty severe, but they're really not saying much to confirm anything and I don't think they will. We play Baltimore this week, which is a huge rivalry and they'll try not to give them a heads up on how to prepare, IMO.

Here I am, back again. I decided to improvise for tonight with a chicken recipe I found online. My oven is broken, and although I do have a large toaster oven, it tends to over cook or under cook, and I decided not to chance it today. I put the ingredients for the recipe in the crock pot on low, minus some of the liquid, since it won't cook off in the crock pot. I have allowed myself enough time to taste and adjust if needed. I think it will be okay, it is very similar to the recipe I use for chicken and dumplings, but with less liquid. I'll just sprinkle the entire concoction with some french fried onions and some shredded cheese and it will look like it was meant to be cooked this way! (I hope)

Linda, I think your body is just telling you to take it easy. You are not completely recovered from being sick.

Marisa, I'm glad your mom is feeling better. It does sound like a second opinion would be a good idea.

I just finished a pair of fleece mittens for the hurricane charity. They are quite easy to sew and don't take much fabric. Of course this pair took me quite a while, but now that I understand how it's done, other pairs will go faster. I have quite a bit of fleece leftover from other projects, so hopefully I will have time to make some more before I take my box to the post office.

Hi, all. I'm getting off to a late start today. No energy for some reason. I'm making steady progress the prayer shawl for Melissa. oh... everyone has their days! :)

Tammy, if you need a pattern for the bag cover, I can get you one. They are one of the things that my church's In Stitches group make and there is a pattern for them that I can get just by stopping by the church. I'm sure yours will be lovely, but if you want one that is already written just let me know. Would LOVE that! Thank you!!!

Tammy, glad that Michael felt well enough to try going to school today. :hug me too... it was wonderful to see him up and ready to go this morning. Now.. he went to school in his PJ pants and a sweat shirt... because his cloths dont fit for all the water weight he has gained.... but at least he's dressed...LOL No PE class for him either for a while... cant get his shoes on.... poor baby

Marisa, I'm hoping that your mom continues to improve, but it does sound like a second opinion is called for. Good luck finding a good one.

Cindy, all your talk about chicken recipes is making me hungry. :D

Joanne, hope that the days aren't too long with the project at work. :hug

Hi Ladies. :) Instead of running errands yesterday, I drove back to my parents. My brother and dad are still at my parent's house and my brother is literally NO help...dad asked if I would help him do some paperwork. (My brother is 55 and has a Law degree, but hasn't worked in quite a while. :sigh)

It was another very long day and I've run errands this a.m. I will catch up with you all when I can. :manyheart

Hi Ladies. :) Instead of running errands yesterday, I drove back to my parents. My brother and dad are still at my parent's house and my brother is literally NO help...dad asked if I would help him do some paperwork. (My brother is 55 and has a Law degree, but hasn't worked in quite a while. :sigh)

It was another very long day and I've run errands this a.m. I will catch up with you all when I can. :manyheart

Sending you and your parents lots of love. :hug:hug:hug

Tammy, I'll pick it up tomorrow. The office is closed for today.

It was another very long day and I've run errands this a.m. I will catch up with you all when I can. :manyheartOh hon........ I'm sorry :hug

Sending you and your parents lots of love. :hug :hug :hug

Tammy, I'll pick it up tomorrow. The office is closed for today.Sounds Great.... Thank you so much!

Hi all

Long day again- and they will be until we "go live" on 12/13--and that's phase 1!! The project kicked off last mid-Jan- so it's almost a year already- there's a lot of work involved converting one system to another--and testing now- to make sure what we want in the system is coming over correctly and everything is working as we want.

Cindy- That's great that you're making all those hats/scarves and now mittens for the Hurricane charity. I keep making scarves and will make some hats and I've been giving them to DD to give to her friend who teaches in an area that was hit very hard--and she knows lots of families that lost everything.

Tammy- Glad to hear Michael went to school today--how did he do?

Cindy- Your 'potluck' dinner sounds good- how did it turn out?

Judy- Did you hear that the knuckelball pitcher, RA Dickey, won the CY Young award? Considering he played for the Mets and won 20 games is a feat in itself. I was very happy he won!

Marisa- Praying that the c-diff clears up soon- and agree with all about the 2nd opinion at this point. Are you going home for Thanksgiving? Or are your parents coming to Pitt?

Mary- Prayers for strength for you as you deal with the health issues of your parents! Sorry to hear your lawyer bro is proving useless. HUGS!!!!

Off to crochet- hat or scarf? That is the the question ---LOL

Hi all

Long day again- and they will be until we "go live" on 12/13--and that's phase 1!! The project kicked off last mid-Jan- so it's almost a year already- there's a lot of work involved converting one system to another--and testing now- to make sure what we want in the system is coming over correctly and everything is working as we want. Oh gosh... good luck... hope it all works correctly and the first shot!

Cindy- That's great that you're making all those hats/scarves and now mittens for the Hurricane charity. I keep making scarves and will make some hats and I've been giving them to DD to give to her friend who teaches in an area that was hit very hard--and she knows lots of families that lost everything.

Tammy- Glad to hear Michael went to school today--how did he do? He did pretty good.... his legs are hurting now after being up on them all day... and his feet puffed up a bit more... but he's comfy now in a chair with his feet up... slippers on and playing a game.

Cindy- Your 'potluck' dinner sounds good- how did it turn out?

Judy- Did you hear that the knuckelball pitcher, RA Dickey, won the CY Young award? Considering he played for the Mets and won 20 games is a feat in itself. I was very happy he won!

Marisa- Praying that the c-diff clears up soon- and agree with all about the 2nd opinion at this point. Are you going home for Thanksgiving? Or are your parents coming to Pitt?

Mary- Prayers for strength for you as you deal with the health issues of your parents! Sorry to hear your lawyer bro is proving useless. HUGS!!!!

Off to crochet- hat or scarf? That is the the question ---LOL LOL... thats a good question..LOL... ripple'ghan for me tonight!

Hi Ladies,

Sherry, Hope the rest of your week is better. Good luck figuring out what to make DD.

Cindy, Your chicken dinner sounds yummy. How did it turn out? It's nice of you to make the hats, mittens and scarves for the hurricane victims.

Linda, I had a dream about you last night. You were telling me about something you drink everyday and it gives you energy. We were discussing your meds and it had to be hubbies meds, as I only take one. I think your body needs rest.

Judy, That would be really cute watching brothers gs watching his grandpa. Kids are so curious in what we are doing.

Joanne, It's nice of you to make things for DD's friend to pass out.

Marisa, Glad your Mom is feeling better. Good idea getting a second opinion.

Tam, Glad Michael was feeling well enough to go to school.

Mary, Sorry your brother is helping out in areas he should be able to. Glad your there to step up and help your Dad.

Today DS called me he gets a visit with the kids every wednesday besides every other weekend. His call was breaking up and I only heard where to come pick him up at. So I thought his car broke down on him. When I got close to pick him up I found out he had a car accident and totaled out his car. He rear end a small pickup truck, the big pickup truck that was between the two swerved to the right and DS didn't know why the guy was swerving and hit the brakes and plowed right into the little truck. He left long lines of skid marks. He did not get a ticket. The police officer told him normally you would get a ticket for this accident but he said it wasn't your fault. The larger truck didn't stop and the police officer was mad about that. In Michigan it is against the law to pass on the right when someone is making a left hand turn. People do all the time and I even had a police officer do it to me. The car had air bags and went off but he is banged up and will be pretty sore tomorrow. Luckily that it wasn't any worse than it was. And the other guy is okay to. His bumper is in front of my sons engine. The tow company said they never seen that before. I hope he isn't driving around because he doesn't have a license plate right now.

We went and seen the kids after we cleaned his car out. I crocheted on my headband and it is still not big enough even stretching it. I may just leave it and have DD try it when she comes then make hers just like it. Then redo mine again.

DS just bought another car 2 weeks ago, it's in the shop getting something fixed. There suppose to have it ready for him tomorrow afternoon.

I'll catch everyone tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great thursday!

Oh, Marlene. I'm glad ds isn't hurt too bad, but the aches and pains of that bad a jarring can hang on for quite a long time. :hug

Tammy, it sounds like Michael did well at school. Good for him resting up now. :hug

morning, peeps!

Tam, yay for Michael having a decent day:clap

Marlene - yikes! Glad DS wasn't seriously hurt!

Joanne, that's terrific for Dickey!! Nice, hardworking guy....

Marlene, so glad your son is okay.

My potluck dish was very tasty and it all got eaten. It was pretty much the only dish there that didn't contain pasta.

Good night everyone.

That's great! Do you have a lot of people for potluck night?

Thinking today might be the day to take down the bedroom curtains and get all the dust off!! I'll see how ambitious I feel - DH is home today, and I can only do it when he's here to help....in the old days I would have done it on my own:P

Have a good day everyone.

/˚ •* ˚ ˚˚ ˛★* ˛° *

/*˛˚ •˚ ˚Good Morning! ** ~*

/ \ ˚. ★ *˛ ˚.˚* ˚ ★ ˚. ★ *˛

˚* ˚ ˚* ˛˚ .. :) ° ˚ • ★ *˚ .

How are you all this fine Fall Morning? I'm doin' pretty good. Have a day of crocheting ahead of me. My 'need to do' list has gotten longer... I need to get crackin'!

Michael off to school again today.... He would much rather stay home. Its so hard for him to get around. The edema and the pain is so draining on him.

I made a lovely pot of homemade chicken noodle soup yesterday for dinner. I made it the lowest sodium I could... and it was LOW. It came out GREAT! Its perfect to be able to salt your own bowl if needed... and not have the whole pot covered in salt! Everyone liked it! :whew

I'm glad Michael liked it. He ate a nice sized bowl of it!

Hi Ladies,

Sherry, Hope the rest of your week is better. Good luck figuring out what to make DD.

Cindy, Your chicken dinner sounds yummy. How did it turn out? It's nice of you to make the hats, mittens and scarves for the hurricane victims.

Linda, I had a dream about you last night. You were telling me about something you drink everyday and it gives you energy. We were discussing your meds and it had to be hubbies meds, as I only take one. I think your body needs rest.

Judy, That would be really cute watching brothers gs watching his grandpa. Kids are so curious in what we are doing.

Joanne, It's nice of you to make things for DD's friend to pass out.

Marisa, Glad your Mom is feeling better. Good idea getting a second opinion.

Tam, Glad Michael was feeling well enough to go to school. Thanks hon! Poor guy... he's so uncomfortable!

Mary, Sorry your brother is helping out in areas he should be able to. Glad your there to step up and help your Dad.

Today DS called me he gets a visit with the kids every wednesday besides every other weekend. His call was breaking up and I only heard where to come pick him up at. So I thought his car broke down on him. When I got close to pick him up I found out he had a car accident and totaled out his car. He rear end a small pickup truck, the big pickup truck that was between the two swerved to the right and DS didn't know why the guy was swerving and hit the brakes and plowed right into the little truck. He left long lines of skid marks. He did not get a ticket. The police officer told him normally you would get a ticket for this accident but he said it wasn't your fault. The larger truck didn't stop and the police officer was mad about that. In Michigan it is against the law to pass on the right when someone is making a left hand turn. People do all the time and I even had a police officer do it to me. The car had air bags and went off but he is banged up and will be pretty sore tomorrow. Luckily that it wasn't any worse than it was. And the other guy is okay to. His bumper is in front of my sons engine. The tow company said they never seen that before. I hope he isn't driving around because he doesn't have a license plate right now. OMGosh...........I'm so glad he's okay!!!

We went and seen the kids after we cleaned his car out. I crocheted on my headband and it is still not big enough even stretching it. I may just leave it and have DD try it when she comes then make hers just like it. Then redo mine again.

DS just bought another car 2 weeks ago, it's in the shop getting something fixed. There suppose to have it ready for him tomorrow afternoon.

I'll catch everyone tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great thursday!wow... what a day you had! Here's to hoping today is calmer!!! :hug

Marlene, so glad your son is okay.

My potluck dish was very tasty and it all got eaten. It was pretty much the only dish there that didn't contain pasta. :yay... so glad it was a hit!

Good night everyone.

Oh, Marlene. I'm glad ds isn't hurt too bad, but the aches and pains of that bad a jarring can hang on for quite a long time. :hug

Tammy, it sounds like Michael did well at school. Good for him resting up now. :hugHe's being such a trooper! I've always said he was my little super hero... to have to go through so much and still smile.... my poor guy. He did well at school the last couple days... he's just so uncomfortable.

morning, peeps!

Tam, yay for Michael having a decent day:clap Yepper.... I sure hope today and tomorrow go by quickly for him so he can rest the weekend away!

Marlene - yikes! Glad DS wasn't seriously hurt!

Joanne, that's terrific for Dickey!! Nice, hardworking guy....

That's great! Do you have a lot of people for potluck night?

Thinking today might be the day to take down the bedroom curtains and get all the dust off!! I'll see how ambitious I feel - DH is home today, and I can only do it when he's here to help....in the old days I would have done it on my own:P Funny... I need to do that same thing! I need to start one room at a time and wash curtains... I just get so lazy about that though. LOL

Have a good day everyone. You too!

Archived