Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning everyone. Laundry, and cleaning are on the agenda today, (sounds like most of my days actually...) I will have time to craft a little as well, although I bought a bunch of books at Amazons cyber Monday sale, and also a few from Barnes and Noble, so I may end up reading instead.

Have a good day everyone.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi House. :) It's cold and windy here today - well, 40* is cold for us anyway.:lol

Cindy ~ :cheer Congratulations on your awesome first weigh-in! Enjoy your days off.

Sherry ~ Your work week sounds super busy. Great news about your grandson! :clap He must be so proud of his award. :)

Linda ~ The quilt is looking fantastic! I hope you get good news at the doctor's appt. :hug

Hello to everyone at the House. :manyheart I really need to run some errands and would rather stay home. Nope, better get going. ;)

Good morning ladies :hi

Not much going on :whew Last night I watched the Eagles game and they played surprisingly decent for their situation, but of course they still lost :shrug It was definitely anticipated, but they put up a fight until the last quarter anyway.

I went to the gym this morning, first time since last week and I felt the difference in my ability to do everything in the class :lol I ran up to Big Lots to see what kind of windows clingy things they have for the holidays to put something on my front windows. No luck there. I'm running to HL this afternoon to get holiday yarn to make a new tree skirt, mine is super old and it shows :sigh So, I'll run into wal mart while I'm over there and see what kind of decorations they have.

I have a lady coming in a bit from living social trying to get me to put out a holiday deal....we'll see what she has to say :think And tonight is another knit/crochet group for the bridge thing here, so it'll be a long day. And, I even have a patient in there :clap

Linda - Hoping the doctors appt goes well :hug

Judy - Glad to hear you're all set and prepared :hug

Cindy - WTG on losing the 5 pounds in the midst of Thanksgiving week :clap:yay:woo Keep up the great work. And don't worry about only doing 10 min on the eliptical, you can slowly build and add a little from there :yes

Sherry - Congrats on GS being student of the month :bounce:woo Hopefully you get everything done this week :xfin

Tam - Have fun subbing today :wink

Good morning. I've been to the doctor. She added a stronger cough medicine and antibiotics to what I've already been doing. Also, told me to take another med more often. Hopefully, that will do the trick and turn this around soon.

Had a very long day today. I've got payroll, pledges, a newsletter and a directory to get out this week :( Hopefully tomorrow I can get the newsletter done as I got the pledges done today. The directory is a pictoral directory and it's taking a lot more time than I thought. Hopefully I can have all of it done by Friday.

:cheerYou go gal. :cheer

Got some really awesome news tonight!! Oldest GS is student of the month!!! We are so proud of him, he does so well in his school work. Haven't got to talk to him yet but hopefully tomorrow since it's almost bedtime for him.

Have a great evening all!! Off to crochet!

:clap That's fabulous about GS being student of the month. :clap

Marisa ~ Your day sounds super busy! Looking forward to seeing your tree skirt progress. :)

Linda ~ I hope your cold is better soon. :manyheart Mine is gone except for an annoying nose that still runs a little. :lol

I've spent an hour rearranging pictures on my computer...got bored with that and am now back to crocheting.

Here is the Fall 'ghan all finished. The colors are much "richer" looking in person - the grayish color is really Dusty Green. It's about 46 x 60. :)

post-10699-135897788986_thumb.jpg

Also, I need some help with colors! I've made all of the foundation fish rows for another fish 'ghan. It will be in the same colors as Luke's - terra cotta and yellow fish with a deep blue background. I need to make one for a little girl and am stumped on colors. :think The background doesn't have to be a water color, right???

Here are Luke's and Zach's ghans - just to give an idea of arrangement of colors.

post-10699-13589778899_thumb.jpg

Marisa ~ Your day sounds super busy! Looking forward to seeing your tree skirt progress. :)

Linda ~ I hope your cold is better soon. :manyheart Mine is gone except for an annoying nose that still runs a little. :lol

I've spent an hour rearranging pictures on my computer...got bored with that and am now back to crocheting.

Here is the Fall 'ghan all finished. The colors are much "richer" looking in person - the grayish color is really Dusty Green. It's about 46 x 60. :)

Also, I need some help with colors! I've made all of the foundation fish rows for another fish 'ghan. It will be in the same colors as Luke's - terra cotta and yellow fish with a deep blue background. I need to make one for a little girl and am stumped on colors. :think The background doesn't have to be a water color, right???

Here are Luke's and Zach's ghans - just to give an idea of arrangement of colors.

Oops - here is Luke's.:blush

They are all gorgeous!!!!! I don't think you need a 'water' background. But if you wanted one you can always do a light or turqoise blue with purple and pink fish. Or maybe a bright purple background and 2 shades of pink for the fish? (or vice versa).

Beautiful afghan! Fishy afghans are also wonderful.

Thank you, Cindy and Marisa!

I was playing with an aqua background with either purple and pink or pink and sweet pea green. (Vanna's baby colors) But I also like the idea of the purple background! Decisions, decisions. :lol

Hi ladies!!

Mary, i think a light purple background or turqua, with pink and purple fish would be wild for a girl!!

Linda, yay for the doctor adding the meds....sometimes your body needs a bit of a kick start again....

Hi, Marisa, Sherry, Tammy and Cindy!:hug

I did get my hook out today...after I made oatmeal raisin, choc chip cookies:D yup, all in one:)

We were lucky with the weather today, and missed the wet snow that hit people north and west of us! Though it was cold, we just got rain:)

Have a good night my friends....

I almost forgot..Cindy, congrats on the good results from Week One on WW! You have the right mindset: week one is always a quick loss, then the rest comes off more slowely usually, which is the best, anyway!

Great job!:cheer

I almost forgot..Cindy, congrats on the good results from Week One on WW! You have the right mindset: week one is always a quick loss, then the rest comes off more slowely usually, which is the best, anyway!

Great job!:cheer

Thanks, but wouldn't it be great if it came off 5 pounds at a time all the time?!!!

That's a beautiful fall 'ghan.

I think you can use whatever colors you want. What about a pink backgroun with fish in all different colors. Luke and Zack's afghans are lovely.

That's a beautiful fall 'ghan.

I think you can use whatever colors you want. What about a pink backgroun with fish in all different colors. Luke and Zack's afghans are lovely.

Thank you, Linda! I love the idea of a variety of colors. :)

Hi ladies!!

Mary, i think a light purple background or turqua, with pink and purple fish would be wild for a girl!! Love this, too. :lol And you all know I have a hard time making a decision. :blush

I did get my hook out today...after I made oatmeal raisin, choc chip cookies:D yup, all in one:)

They sound sooo good!

Sorry I've been MIA lately- very busy with work- it's crunch time- we 'go live' with the first phase of the project on 12/13--also been busy crocheting- finished a baby blanket for DD's friend whose shower is Sunday and also making cowls and scarves for our departments annual craft/bake sale which this year will benefit Hurricane Sandy relief efforts.

Will try and catch up tonight!

Lovely projects that have been posted!!!

Good morning Housemates!

Quick check in! I'm still dealing with ear/sinus infection.

All the projects are beautiful.

I'm still using my phone to post. We've tried to get our cable/internet and they keep telling us it's already on in this apartment. My nephew is trying to get it straighten out.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend/Jaleia's 9th birthday celebration.

My sister, BIL and nephew came from Alabama. My cousin and his 2 sons were with us. He lived with me years ago when his parents were having problems. He calls me his mom and his kids call me Nana!

We had a traditional Thanksgiving meal on Thursday. Friday, we had a fish fry. Saturday, we celebrated Jaleia's Birthday with the BAMA/Auburn game party. She was sooo surprised. Her bd cake was a Bama football field. She is soo into Bama. She received a bike, ear mufffs, scarf & mitttens (houndstooth); $50 walmart gift card, $130 in cash, blue jeans and a few other toys. On Sunday, her actual birthday, she was looking for more gifts.

We had a great time and have already started planning Christmas & New Years!

I was glad to read that everyone had a blessed Thanksgiving. I'm thankful that those that are sick in our group are on the mend.

I'll try to check back in later!

Have a wonderful Wednesday all!

Hi ladies!

Hi, Marisa, Sherry, Tammy and Cindy!:hug

We were lucky with the weather today, and missed the wet snow that hit people north and west of us! Though it was cold, we just got rain:)

Have a good night my friends....

Glad you didn't get that wet snow :clap Your cookies sound delish :drool

Thanks, but wouldn't it be great if it came off 5 pounds at a time all the time?!!!

Well, 2-3 pounds per week is a healthy loss :yes

Hi Ladies, I've been away but I'l be back in the morning. I'm going to bed.

Hope you got a good night sleep :hug

Sorry I've been MIA lately- very busy with work- it's crunch time- we 'go live' with the first phase of the project on 12/13--also been busy crocheting- finished a baby blanket for DD's friend whose shower is Sunday and also making cowls and scarves for our departments annual craft/bake sale which this year will benefit Hurricane Sandy relief efforts.

Oh boy :hug :hug :hug Prayers that you get through all of this in one piece :hug

Good morning Housemates!

Quick check in! I'm still dealing with ear/sinus infection.

All the projects are beautiful.

I'm still using my phone to post. We've tried to get our cable/internet and they keep telling us it's already on in this apartment. My nephew is trying to get it straighten out.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend/Jaleia's 9th birthday celebration.

My sister, BIL and nephew came from Alabama. My cousin and his 2 sons were with us. He lived with me years ago when his parents were having problems. He calls me his mom and his kids call me Nana!

We had a traditional Thanksgiving meal on Thursday. Friday, we had a fish fry. Saturday, we celebrated Jaleia's Birthday with the BAMA/Auburn game party. She was sooo surprised. Her bd cake was a Bama football field. She is soo into Bama. She received a bike, ear mufffs, scarf & mitttens (houndstooth); $50 walmart gift card, $130 in cash, blue jeans and a few other toys. On Sunday, her actual birthday, she was looking for more gifts.

We had a great time and have already started planning Christmas & New Years!

I was glad to read that everyone had a blessed Thanksgiving. I'm thankful that those that are sick in our group are on the mend.

I'll try to check back in later!

Have a wonderful Wednesday all!

Sounds like a wonderful holiday for you :yes Jaleia is just too cute :lol

Happy Wednesday, House. :) It's a beautiful morning and I'm going to finish decorating inside after a few more chores are done.

Valerie! We've missed you. I hope your sinus/ear infection clears up soon. :hug Your long weekend with family sounds like a wonderful time! You all must be tired of the internet/cable stuff - hope they figure it out quickly.

Joanne ~ Hi! Work sounds crazy busy, but I'm glad you're getting a little time with your hook, too. :manyheart

Marisa ~ When will the knit/bridge project be launched? Are you working on anything else right now?

Hi to the rest of the House, too! :ghug

Back to work I go...Have a good morning, everyone. :)

Hi, ladies!

Val....the internet thing is sooooo frustrating! I hope you had a good night.:hug

Mary, go wild with the ghan - unless the one who wants it has ideas?:think

Ain't that the truth!:lol

Take care of yourself...w.e don't want you crashing and burning!:hug

Back to my hook later on. Going to give my neighbor the pale green hooded blanket in a little bit. She's on her way back from a doctor appointment. She's due in about 3 weeks I think.

BBL!

Happy Wednesday, House. :) It's a beautiful morning and I'm going to finish decorating inside after a few more chores are done.

Marisa ~ When will the knit/bridge project be launched? Are you working on anything else right now?

Hi to the rest of the House, too! :ghug

Back to work I go...Have a good morning, everyone. :)

It's not going to be until spring/summer....probably summer-ish. We don't have all the details finalized yet and are still working with the city to get a definite on the exact bridge it will be. Right now, it's 1 of 3 that all have been built with the same structure....just different sizes. So we're planning on the largest, which is the one we want but if we don't get that one we'll be prepared for any of them since too much is better than too little :yes

As for what else I'm working on......

I said I'd do at least 2 squares for the lady making a couple of ghans for 3 kids that are having a rough time with their family right now....so need to start those.

I need to make a tree skirt for my little office tree. It's about a 3' tree and was my grandma's, so is old since she used it for as long as I can remember and she passed in 2001! Well, the skirt and angel were still with it and were showing their age, so I picked up a new topper and a new base as well. It was still in a big metal 'bowl' and I saw a standard plastic base at wal mart for $7. Decided I'd make a skirt and picked up yarn at HL yesterday for that, will start in between patients today.

I have 3 pair of the texting gloves to make for me, my mom, and Steph. Then I feel like I need to make something for my aunt since she kinda knows about the gloves, but she doesn't use her phone so she really doesn't need those :think

My nephews, SIL, and niece are coming home now and I don't know if I'll be able to whip something up for them or not :think Or even what I would do. I'd make SIL the gloves too, but they live in Phoenix and she's really only use them while here for a couple weeks :shrug

I tested a sock for someone, which is still waiting for a match....but it came out a bit big so I'm just going to take it out and use that yarn for gloves now :lol

what else......... :think:sigh

Hi, all. :sick

I'm continuing to take it easy and push fluids :mug and take all the meds as directed. I'm watching TV, crocheting :hook, and planning to do a little on the quilt today. :sew

Joanne ~ :hug:hug:hug

Val ~ :hug:hug:hug

Hope you all have a good day. :manyheart

Good morning everyone. So far today, I've done a little housework, run a couple of errands and had lunch out with dd and the boys.

Val, sounds like your internet issues are quite frustrating. Hope nephew gets that straightened out soon. Sounds like Jaleia's birthday was fun!

Joanne, make sure you take time to take care of yourself, no matter how busy work is. It's a busy time of year already and adding a busy work situation on top of it can be devastating to your health.

Marisa, you're always so busy, it makes me tired to read about it! And I know that slow weight loss is healthy...it would just be nice if it could be really quick........ I will confess that even though I work in health care and do a lot of healthy diet teaching, I am finally realizing that it all boils down to making good choices for myself. WW is actually the first diet I've tried that has convinced me of that. Intellectually, I knew all these principles, but applying that knowledge on a practical level is new for me.

Linda, hope you are doing a bit better today.

Mary, Judy, Marlene, Sherry, Tab, hope you are all doing well today. Sherry, I don't think I said WTG to your dgs for being student of the month.

I have to go to a meeting at work in a little bit and then hopefully this evening we will decorate our tree. The outside decorations were finished yesterday.

Archived