Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning and welcome to the weekend!!!

Rutgers lost their game on Thursday night-:-(

Today I have lots of errands to run and then home to clean. I'd rather hit the stores early before the crowds, so I'm switching up the order in which I usually tackle Sat mornings! Just finishing up my coffee and then I'm out the door!!!

Hope you all have a great Saturday!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Morning, everyone. :manyheart

Judy ~ The piano 'ghan is stunning! Better you than me working with so much black yarn, though. :lol

Marlene ~ How nice that your Sil and Bil will be going to the coast, too! Maybe this year we can get down there while you are there...I hope so! TCU is Texas Christian University and is here in Fort Worth. DD's FIL is a big alumnus and we love the rivalry between U. of Texas and TCU. :D

Cindy ~ Enjoy your time with family today!

Sherry ~ Oh, I hope your GS feels better soon. :hug I hope you have some time to relax this weekend!

Linda ~ Great progress on your quilt! :clap I hadn't thought of the 7-layer salad in ages, but it's always sooo good. I hate peas, so I used to pick them out of mine. :lol

Joanne ~ I hope you get your errands done before the crowds get too bad. I looked back through posts, but may have missed it...willl Ryan have a little sister or a little brother? :c9

Not sure what we're doing yet...way too many things on the list. :think

Have a good morning, ladies. :manyheart

'morning peeps!

TY for the compliments on the ghan...and yes, Mary, black yarn is a challenge. Might be the last time I do anything like this! Small projects are in the future for me...likely for the NICU, too:)

Linda, wtg on the quilt.....and yay for improvising on the 7 layer creation;)

Cindy, I'm glad I didn't think to go online to check out the books....would have been way too tempting for me:lol It's so nice to lose yourself in a new book!

Joanne, good luck shopping!

We're hanging around waiting for our contractor to come and see what he can do to fix a kitchen cabinet that's falling away from the wall. Not his work - it was done over 15 years ago.

Later, gators!:hug

Good morning! With the party tonight, I plan on taking it easy the rest of the day so I don't get too worn out. There are a lot more than 7 layers in my "7" layer salad. :lol I just hope it tastes as good as it looks. And it looks really good.

Have a great weekend. :manyheart

I'm afraid I'm going to have to get a new microwave. The one John gave me is on it's last legs. It turns itself on for anywhere from 30 seconds to over 5 minutes. I'm hoping to keep it going until after the holidays, but I don't know if it will work. :( On my wish list is a printer for my computer, too. Will have to take it one step at a time. All the expensive meds, and being sick have really put a huge dent in the budget. Oh, well I'll get there. :)

Judy ~ I hope the contractor showed up and is able to fix the cabinet.

Linda ~ Have a wonderful time this evening! WTG on taking it easy today. :)

I've been to the grocery store, raked another million leaves, watched TCU lose to Oklahoma :(, and now am ready to start the 2nd little ruffly scarf. I'm just alternating rows of DC and hdc for the center and ch1,dc,ch1,dc in each stitch all around - plenty of ruffle for the toddler size. :hook It's 80* and sure doesn't feel like scarf weather today!

Good afternoon. The Christmas gathering is over and I'm sitting by the fire, mostly reading. (Judy, I actually purchased 31 books on Monday. I have already read three of them. I saw more that I wanted, but thought I'd better stop there)

Nothing much to report here, it's cold and gloomy outside, although dh is puttering around out there.

Judy, hope the contractor could fix the cabinet. Linda, fingers crossed that your microwave hangs on for just a little longer. Mary, the scarf sounds cute. Icahn just picture that on a little girl. Both my sisters in ale saw the booties I'm making and they each asked me if they could buy them from me. I'm quite willing to give them away actually, not so sure I want to start selling the stuff I make.

Linda, I hope you're rested up for tonight - and about the microwave, printer, etc....it always seems that it's never just one thing that you need to replace...I hope you can get a great deal on what you need.

Judy ~ I hope the contractor showed up and is able to fix the cabinet Yup, he did- and was early!....studied it for about 3 minutes, pulled out his screws and drill....and voila! He did agree with hubby that I probably did have to many heavy things in it, though:blush He DID say that they no longer hang them the way ours was hung and that nothing is going to pull it out of the wall now. He's a bit hefty and he pulled on it - it never budged:lol

I've been to the grocery store, raked another million leaves, watched TCU lose to Oklahoma :(, and now am ready to start the 2nd little ruffly scarf. I'm just alternating rows of DC and hdc for the center and ch1,dc,ch1,dc in each stitch all around - plenty of ruffle for the toddler size. :hook It's 80* and sure doesn't feel like scarf weather today!

Kuddoa to you for raking leaves! That is way back in another life for me....:lol

80 degrees!?!:eek

Love the sound of those scarves....:c9

Good afternoon. The Christmas gathering is over and I'm sitting by the fire, mostly reading. (Judy, I actually purchased 31 books on Monday. I have already read three of them. I saw more that I wanted, but thought I'd better stop there)It's hard to know when to stop, I know:lol

Nothing much to report here, it's cold and gloomy outside, although dh is puttering around out there.

Judy, hope the contractor could fix the cabinet. Linda, fingers crossed that your microwave hangs on for just a little longer. Mary, the scarf sounds cute. Icahn just picture that on a little girl. Both my sisters in ale saw the booties I'm making and they each asked me if they could buy them from me. I'm quite willing to give them away actually, not so sur"e I want to start selling the stuff I make.

I gave up on setting prices for my work - If they want to give me a little something I just say "enough for more yarn

:lol

Have a good night my friends:hug:manyheart:manyheart

I'm home and had a good time. My salad was a big hit too. It was the biggest one there and there were 4 others there, too, but I brought home very little ~ a small baggie and it did taste awfully good. I drank only tea and did not participate in the Christmas carols sing-a-long. The UGA game against Alabama was on and we lost by 3 points, but it was a good close game all the way.

Hi all, sorry have been offline for a thousand years (exaggerating by a few million, of course)

What's the excitement? What have I missed?

I have finished a few things. Will try and upload some pics on this post. Bare with me if it doesn't work, am new to uploading on this site.

post-62168-135897789575_thumb.jpg

post-62168-135897789578_thumb.jpg

post-62168-135897789581_thumb.jpg

Hi all,

Had a good day -although busy--got my errands done and was home by noon! Even picked up a pair of pants for myself at Ann Taylor Loft for 4.99 final sale---I tried them on and they fit perfectly!!!

Came home and cleaned and then headed over to DD's and spent time with her and Ryan and her MIL. We went to the diner for dinner and then I came home and made Ryan a new hat- similar to the one I made last year with Charisma yarn just a larger size. Also started a snowman hat that I saw on Repeat Crafter Me. http://www.repeatcrafterme.com/2012/10/crochet-snowman-hat-pattern.html

Today, I've got the laundry going and then go to babysit while DD goes to a baby shower- I washed the blanket I made and it's all ready to go

Judy- Glad the cabinet got fixed- and so quickly too!!! Lovin the piano ghan!

Linda- Hoping the microwave holds on till after the holidays. Glad you had a good time at the party.

Cindy- Wow 31 books! That should take you what? About a week- week and a half to finish?:lol:lol

I bought my DD a Nook tablet (not the newest HD) Belated birthday present- and a bit of a splurge but figured since she had to wait and didn't have much of a birthday celebration due to the Hurricane, it was worth it. Was originally going to get her the Nook color- but the tablet has a feature where you can record a story- which I thought would be fun for her to do so when shes at work, Ryan can still hear a story from her. She loves it.

Mary- 80 degrees? Definitely not scarf making weather- although probably perfect for the frilly yarn. I am not sure if I did say what DD is having--originally thought she was having a girl....but last US confirmed it is a boy- no ifs, ands, or buts!:lol. So, I'll have 2 grandsons come March!:clap

DH just got up and since he was gone all day yesterday think I'll go surprise him and make some breakfast! Sorry that I didn't respond to all!!!

Have a great Sunday:hug

Good morning. Tired today so will take it easy as much as possible. Have almost finished another 12" square. Want to get two more done and then will send them off to dimples.

Hi all, sorry have been offline for a thousand years (exaggerating by a few million, of course)

What's the excitement? What have I missed?

I have finished a few things. Will try and upload some pics on this post. Bare with me if it doesn't work, am new to uploading on this site.

Those are lovely, MaryD.

Joanne, that's great news on another grandson. Mary's got two and now you will have two too. :D

Hi, ladies!!

Hi, ya, Maryd! Nice work!!!!

Linda, I'm so glad you had such a good evening last night!

Joanne, I think I'll award you the black belt in shopping! Kuddos on the Loft bargain!

We were out to delicious orchards today, then went to Barnes and Nobel where I treated myself to Debbie Macomber's The Inn at Rose Harbor. I had a coupon, plus my members discount and the 20% percent off. It also has a couple of nice things in it: an interview with the author, patterns for 2 small shawls (one crocheted, one knit)....I'm very happy with my present to myself.

Lasagna is in the oven....

...and today is our 45th anniversary:manyheart....I can't believe it's been that many years!

Judy ~ :manyheartHappy Anniversary to you and your hubby! :manyheart

Maryd ~ Beautiful work! It's great to see you again. :)

Joanne ~ Aww, Ryan is going to love having a little brother! :c9 Luke is so sweet with Zach but still can't understand why he isn't playing with him yet. :lol

Linda ~ Your salad sure was a success! I'm glad you had a good time. :)

Cindy ~ Hi! It sounds like you won't run out of books for a while. ;)

Hi to everyone at Our House! I hope you're having a good weekend. :manyheart

We are in the 80s again and the a.c. is running. :( I only need about 30 minutes to finish the 2nd scarf and will do that shortly. :)

:flower:cakeHappy Anniversary, Judy & DH!!! :cake:flower

Went to Walmart for some prescriptions and an assortment of other items. Got most of the other items and missed the closing of the pharmacy, so will have to get the prescriptions tomorrow. :lol

Took a nap this afternoon, which helped a bit with the tiredness. :D

Maryd ~ Beautiful work! It's great to see you again.

...Those are lovely, MaryD...

...MaryD nice work!

Thanks kindly guys.

From memory I said I was having some issues with a vest pattern I was trying to create. So I changed it to granny squares and it seemed to work, I guess.

The spiderweb hipwrap was done via a pattern on line, but I am unable to copy the link for some reason. It's really odd. Anyway, believe it or not the wrap was easier than the vest.

....Hi, ya, Maryd! Nice work!!!!

...and today is our 45th anniversary....I can't believe it's been that many years!

Oh my gosh, congrats to you both. Wishing you another 45 years. ♥

Good morning. I'm supposed to work today, but they called a little while ago and asked if I would be on call instead. So here I am, all dressed up and no place to go......

I only got a couple of hours sleep last night so it worked out well for me. I could at least stay in bed for an extra hour. I try to be ready to leave the house by 7 when I'm on call because its possible that someone doesn't show up for work and then I'd be called in shortly after 7.

I'm nearly finished my knit baby sweater. I'm getting tired of it and am so tempted to shove it on a bag and forget it for a while, just so I can start another project without feeling guilty! I could finish it in a few hours if I put my mind to it.

Hope you all have a good Monday. BBL.

Good morning, peeps!

TY for the good wishes, ladies:)

Cindy, I have a hard time finishing things (crochet and otherwise)....sometimes I just have to turn off my brain and go forward on auto pilot....

Linda, it sounds like you're listening to your body and resting when you need to. Good for you:hug

Miss Lucy is off to see the vet this AM - anal glands again:P We managed to get through 2 months without a visit for either furple:lol

Have a good one, my friends:hug

Hello House - Happy Monday!

Cindy ~ If you don't have to go to work, I hope you get some rest today. It's OKAY to hide the sweater and start something new. (enable, enable...:D)

Judy ~ Poor Miss Lucy! We've been lucky with both pets lately.:xfin I see by the numbers under your signature that you've made lots of progress on the piano 'ghan! :cheer

Is anyone working on holiday projects? :crocheting

I'm meeting DD, Luke and Zach at our favorite outdoor shopping center. It's supposed to be 80* again, so we thought we could do a little shopping and eat at one of the restaurants that has outdoor seating. All subject to the little ones' moods, of course. :lol I washed and dried the two scarves and will take them to DD...she has (very sweetly ;)) asked for at least one more. :)

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, Those booties are cute. Sounds like you had a good time book shopping. Enjoy your day off!

Sherry, Hope your GS is feeling better today.

Linda, 7 layer salad sounds yummy. Hope that microwave holds on for you. Glad you had a good time at the party.

Joanne, Congratulations on having a new GS! Great bargain on the slacks.

Mary, The scarves will be cute. I hope it's near that warm when we get there. That would be nice to meet up. Cindy and I should to we don't live that far from each other.

Judy, Glad you got the cabinet fixed. I picked up some Debbie MaComber books at a garage sale this summer. Happy Anniversary to you and DH!

MaryD, Nice to see you again. Nice work!

We had a nice relaxing weekend at SIL & BIL's. There GS & GD came over for a couple of hours. They have a play area in the basement for them and they wanted to go play with them. So I did. They are 6 and 5 and a lot of fun.

I crocheted while visiting. I took the Christmas Tree Skirt i've been working on for 2 years. Figured out where the mistake was and frogged it and continued on. It's a ripple and when talking and crocheting I have to count every stitch.

Lots of things to get done today, so I made a list. It's very foggy here today so I won't be leaving for awhile.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Good morning ladies :hi

I read through all the posts, but didn't take down notes. Saturday morning I went down to the Children's Museum to teach knitting and crocheting with the bridge group. Then when I was walking home Steph, Bean, Averie, and Sloan were going for a walk to the park so I joined them. Ingrid had a vendor fair. The kids were coming for soup and to help decorate the tree. Well, then we ran over to Max's, which is a German restaurant/tavern because they had to use the restroom. Well, they give free popcorn, so the kids had some popcorn and lemonade and played some video games (old machine with Atari games :lol ) and well, us grown ups had a beer :shrug They have a piano that plays by itself too when you put a quarter in so they got to do that just before leaving. They had a wonderful day. Well, Ingrid got back to the house first and then they still stayed. Her dh worked during the day so we went to pick him up and we all hung out, they ended up staying overnight.

Yesterday I went to a Knit-In group, again with the bridge people. I figured I was only going to sit home and crochet so why not go sit with others :lol I came home in time for the Steelers game in the afternoon and they managed to pull out the win, but played poorly IMO. The Eagles lost to the Cowboys :( And of course that's what they do best.....losing at the end :shrug

Today I have a patient coming at 10:30. I have to run errands for Steph and then I have another patient at 4. I'm hoping in between I can finish up my tree skirt :xfin I already went to the gym this morning, so that's done and out of the way. I have to push myself this week because I didn't workout at all over thanksgiving week and last week wasn't too much better :lol

I guess that's it for now :think

I hope you all have a wonderful Monday :hug

Cindy ~ If you don't have to go to work, I hope you get some rest today. It's OKAY to hide the sweater and start something new. (enable, enable...:D)

I'm meeting DD, Luke and Zach at our favorite outdoor shopping center. It's supposed to be 80* again, so we thought we could do a little shopping and eat at one of the restaurants that has outdoor seating. All subject to the little ones' moods, of course. :lol I washed and dried the two scarves and will take them to DD...she has (very sweetly ;)) asked for at least one more. :)

But Mary, I already started two something news when I should have been working on that sweater. And its so close to finished, only a small part of the front still needs to be knit. But since you say its okay.......

Have fun shopping!

I just got a call saying that they wouldn't need me at work today. I've gotten quite a bit done already today, several loads of laundry, some cleaning and all the gifts I have brought so far have been wrapped.

Marisa, you always keep so busy. You must be a bundle of energy. Good luck with finishing the tree skirt.

Marlene, isn't this interesting December weather? Its supposed to hit 60 here today. I wish it wasn't so gray and drizzly though, I'd almost rather have snow! Sounds like you had a fun weekend. Will the tree skirt be finished for this year?

Judy, hope the vet visit goes smoothly.

Good morning! It's warm here and lovely for walking Sweet Pea. I had several mini-candy bars last night and she could smell the wrappers in the waste basket, soooooo she went waste baskets diving trying to find the chocolate that she could smell. Made a royal little mess around it. Silly thing. :lol

Good morning. I'm supposed to work today, but they called a little while ago and asked if I would be on call instead. So here I am, all dressed up and no place to go......

I only got a couple of hours sleep last night so it worked out well for me. I could at least stay in bed for an extra hour. I try to be ready to leave the house by 7 when I'm on call because its possible that someone doesn't show up for work and then I'd be called in shortly after 7.

I'm nearly finished my knit baby sweater. I'm getting tired of it and am so tempted to shove it on a bag and forget it for a while, just so I can start another project without feeling guilty! I could finish it in a few hours if I put my mind to it.

Hope you all have a good Monday. BBL.

:cheer:cheer:cheer Finish it, Cindy! Finish it, Cindy! :cheer:cheer:cheer

:cheer:cheer:cheer You can do it! Go! Go! Go! :cheer:cheer:cheer

Is anyone working on holiday projects? :crocheting

:kick Mary! :devil You are such an enabler! :lol

Hope you have a good time with DD and the Gs's.

Good morning ladies :hi

I read through all the posts, but didn't take down notes. Saturday morning I went down to the Children's Museum to teach knitting and crocheting with the bridge group. Then when I was walking home Steph, Bean, Averie, and Sloan were going for a walk to the park so I joined them. Ingrid had a vendor fair. The kids were coming for soup and to help decorate the tree. Well, then we ran over to Max's, which is a German restaurant/tavern because they had to use the restroom. Well, they give free popcorn, so the kids had some popcorn and lemonade and played some video games (old machine with Atari games :lol ) and well, us grown ups had a beer :shrug They have a piano that plays by itself too when you put a quarter in so they got to do that just before leaving. They had a wonderful day. Well, Ingrid got back to the house first and then they still stayed. Her dh worked during the day so we went to pick him up and we all hung out, they ended up staying overnight.

Yesterday I went to a Knit-In group, again with the bridge people. I figured I was only going to sit home and crochet so why not go sit with others :lol I came home in time for the Steelers game in the afternoon and they managed to pull out the win, but played poorly IMO. The Eagles lost to the Cowboys :( And of course that's what they do best.....losing at the end :shrug

Today I have a patient coming at 10:30. I have to run errands for Steph and then I have another patient at 4. I'm hoping in between I can finish up my tree skirt :xfin I already went to the gym this morning, so that's done and out of the way. I have to push myself this week because I didn't workout at all over thanksgiving week and last week wasn't too much better :lol

I guess that's it for now :think

I hope you all have a wonderful Monday :hug

Sounds like you had a busy and fun weekend. Sorry about the Eagles. :cry Good luck with the tree skirt. :cheer:cheer:cheer

My Christmas projects include the baby quilt (just has to washed), the Project Linus quilt (top is almost done, just two more strips of black border to attach), and repairing an heirloom crochet tablecloth (not started yet.)

Archived