Our House Part Two

JulieKay

I'll be by for a flyby in the morning, but will be out for a good chunk of the day after that.

nite, ladies.:hug:manyheart

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good evening ladies :hi

I had fun reading everyone's answers for the questionnaire :yes Work was tedious busy today, but still went quickly all in all. Now finisheing up here and then heading up to change into pj's and then I need to do some computer research and look some things up.

Mary1 - sorry about your router/modem problem :hug :hug :hug

Judy - Very pretty flowers :manyheart

Tam - Gorgeous projects and :yay for the boys and their trophies :hug

Kiyo - Glad to hear you had fun on your little trip and that you and Aree were there to help out where others 'ditched' their commitments :hug :hug

Toni - :yay:clap:bounce:woo Congrat's on winning Tampa Doll's bag!!!! Enjoy :hug

And a big ol :hi to everyone else in the house :ghug

1-

What DAY of the week were your born on ? Monday

2-Who was President when you were born ? Eisenhower

3- Were you born in the same state you live in now ? No-born in the Bronx- lived there till I was 3- lived in NJ since then (with a small move to FL for 1 year with my ex)

4-How many siblings do you have ? 3

5-Do you know a family who chose really interesting names for their kids ,or used an intresting pattern for their names ? Family that named their daughter Dallas and son Dakota

6- What is the largest family of kids you have ever heard of ? The Duggars 19 and counting

7- Did your parents make you "clean your plate " at mealtime? Yes

8-What is your favorite item on the menu at McDonalds ? French Fries

9-What historical place from Ameria's history would you love to see that you havent seen yet ? Grand Canyon is the first place that comes to mind I would love to see it.

10- Can you think of a career that a lady wouldn't be as good at as a man would be ? No

11-Name a song with a color in the title . Purple Rain by Prince

12 - If you had a radio that ONLY played one station, what type of music would you want it to play ? classic rock and or jazz- real toss up there

13 -A large number of us have grown up going from black and white tv's to the new modern big screen tv's,with the remotes,and all the other special gadgets they have . Would it bother you to go back to a small black and white tv agaian ? No

14-If you won the lottery and wanted to donate money towards a charity,which one would you choose ? Diabetes Foundation. My Dad was very active in that organization and I've continued to donate in his memory.

15- Do you think a lady could be every bit as good as a man if she were President of our country ? Absolutely- probably better!

16 -Name a famous cartoon character that a kid of today wouldnt know .Top Cat

17- I'm going to list some tv shows that were on back in the 60's/70's ... See if you can remember the character's names on the show . ( Only take one show, let the next person choose another one ) I didn't read anyone's answers yet so I'm just going to randomly choose one

GunSmoke

Star Trek

Gilligans Island

Beverly Hillbillies

The Addams Family Wednesday

Lost in Space

The Munsters

The Waltons

My 3 Sons

Dick VanDyke

Andy Griffith Show

Little House on the Prairie

The Lucy Show(original )

Bewitched

18- If you could spend ONE DAY as a famous person now living, who would you want to be for a day ? I'm happy with me.

19- Favorite beakfast cereal ? Cold cereal Special K. Hot cereal- oatmeal

20- Name a song that was in a musical . Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

Have fun !!!!!

Now off to read through today's posts! Had a long day and what's the first thing I see- a questionnaire!!!:yay Who can resist that?

It was fun reading everyone's posts and can't believe it's already 8:40!!!! I haven't even eaten dinner yet, so I'm going to beg off individual posts to everyone-

But- I have to say Congrats to Toni- the 60th bag Lady!!!(can you believe Tampa Doll has sent out 60 of these beauties) I'm so happy for you!!!!

Judy- The flowers are pretty and how nice of DH to get them to brighten up what was a very gray dreary day here!

To all the rest of my friends- I'll "see you" in the AM!!

It turned out to be an interesting late afternoon/early evening here. The tornado sirens went off about 5:00 and Kim and I headed to the lower level to wait them out and wait for John's return from work about 7:00. No damage here but did have some pretty high winds and some rain, although that didn't last very long. Spring is definitely here. :lol :lol :lol We don't have to do that very often here, but every once in a while the weather can get pretty threatening. There are lots of windows upstairs and only a few downstairs, so that's the safest place to be. And the bushes across the street are now covered in lavender flowers. Pretty!

Linda - I'm glad your ok and there weren't any damages :hug :hug I bet it looks gorgeous outside with the lavendar flowers strewn about :think

Well ladies, I still haven't moved this badorkus from this chair since.......how long ago was it I was here :think:eek So, no couch with crochet and tv for me tonight. Just going to head up to change and crawl into bed with my nook :yes

I spent about an hour searching online at all kinds of Eagles fun stuff to send the kids and in the end didn't order anything because I was just being too indecisive :blush:shrug I wish I could get everything :lol

Then a friend had pointed me in the direction of a chiro office for sale about 20 minutes outside of Pitt, near the airport so I checked that out and sent an email out for more info on that. Try searching about the doc and the office. Was able to find that the doc speicifically has nothing against his license, which is always a concern in my head to buy someone else's practice. Typically if there's any litigation....it ends up in your lap :( So have to be careful. Couldn't really find anything specific about the practice itself though. So, we'll see what they have to say when they email me back. I also sent an email to the attorney that a friend of mine from school uses out there. And I'm waiting for 2 return calls. One from an invetor type company so I can schedule a meeting with them when I'm out in Pitt in 2 weeks and the other from SCORE here in Philly, which is a company that offers advice with starting a business and is a non-profit organization. Only problem is that I left a couple messages already and haven't received any call back yet :( Left another today, so maybe tomorrow will be my lucky day :xfin:lol

On that note, I'm tired and am heading upstairs. I'll catch y'all in the morning :hug

My dinner is done...better go feed the rabbits before they come get me..

Lots of snow coming down in the mts here. I'm hoping to still go spend time with my daughter and grandkids tomorrow if I can get across the mts.

Here it all is-------my wild car, that is me with my brother- he's 31, lives in Denver--just the 2 of us. And..........my crazy hair.
Love the car and the pink hair!

I am sorry, I think I'm in a picture sharing mood! lol----

Here is my honey and Freed and I A nice looking family.

The photo of Aree and I was last Easter- I made her skirt. It's so beautiful! She is such a pretty girl!

Lemme tell you bout the banana-----that is cardboard and lots and lots of packaging tape lol- at a local ski resort they had their closing day activities and to build a "sled" out of cardboard and tape is all you could use. Originally my x-bil built it for 3 kids to ride down this mtn in....hmmm I ended up riding it down and making front page of newspaper- I'm trying to find the photo w/ me in it- it was great!!! The kids crashed 1/4 the way from the top and I happened to be right there, tossed my camera to my mom and jumped in, afraid I would get stuck lol. Nope, the crowd went wild, it was awesome. Can't say that I will do it again, knowing how the end crash felt lol.

Love the banana!

***I've gotta feeling..........*** If you know that song---please keep on singin'-----Black eyed peas (for the youngins' hehehehe!)

And---awoke to snow, wth..............that's what I get for praying for nice weather for mine and Aree's lil trek down South this afternoon- we get to deliver the wedding afghan that I made! Yeahhhh!! We are excited to get prettied up tonight!

THANK YOU FOR THE INPUT ON MY QUESTON!! I made the decision last night.....she had to try out for this team so it is competetive. She made the team which says she has skillz! and.......she's going to give it 300% every practice and every game and finish out the season. She doesn't have to do it again next year if she doesn't want. Just because I was the star growing up doesn't mean she has to be. Her personality will get her far enough, I'm sure.

Hope you all have a great day today! I will be here and around until noon my time. If I don't hear from ya'll---here's wishing you a great weekend!!

Wrennie----LOVE the photos!

Looks like I will be spending Christmas this year in Atlanta at my Grandparents w/ our WHOLE family!! My parents are buying our tickets now and I'm paying them back! Gotta love payment plans! I am going to make slippers and hats for everyone and then we are going to take a family photo that we haven't done since us Grand kids were little----most of us now have children! It will be awesome. It is a surprise to our Grandparents, I hope we don't put them in cardiac arrest as we all trickle in little by little! good thing they have a large house but it will be like olden days---some of us bigguns will be on the floor. I'm ok with that- as long as all of us are together. There are only 28 of us total so not tooooo overly large but enough to be like olden days when we would all go to Kansas to Grandparents house! WHOOOOT WHooooT!

It sounds like a wonderful Christmas coming up. Six years ago there was 28 of us who all gathered at hubby's sister & bil's home for there Mother's 80th birthday. We had a wonderful time. There was people sleeping in every inch of the house. Luckily they have a large finished basement.

I got the first 2 squares connected of my daughter's quilt ghan connected. It's turning out nicely! :-)

It's going to be beautiful!

Hi, gals....

Today was a lazy day - the weather was even too horrible to take Sparkie out for a walk, so I crocheted. Finished one of the patterns for the combo group for March - wanted to test it.:D And while watching a 1948 movie called The Search, on TV, I worked on the plain filet doily (in #10). I may finish it tonight.

Here's the heart doily pattern made in #3 thread. Very tiny - and not blocked - but it makes a pretty decoration:) Used ecru for the border.

Pretty! DS's kitty is cute!

Yes, I was very glad they called me. As soon as they noticed the activity- four purchases in a short amt of time. I was definitely happy about that! Especially since I was stopping at ACM on my way home to buy a few skeins of Vanna Baby on sale for 1.99. And if they had deactivated me acct without telling me, I would have been in a panic!! (and embarrassed too) Well, that never happened since my first stop on the way home was the bank. Needless to say, I didn't get to ACM- but maybe that was meant to be--- I really don't need more yarn.:lol

I did open the second account and it will only be used for online purchases and it has only a few dollars in it.

Glad they caught this quickly!

we're off to the races. I've been working on the quilt and the middle is now 3/4 done! Going to take a break now for a bit and give my back a rest.

[ATTACH]35576[/ATTACH]

Sounds like lots of fun stuff in the works for the weekend for most of you.

Sorry about the theft, Joanne, and thank goodness it was caught so quickly.

Your quilt is really looking awesome! The black really pulls it together.

Had a good weekend. Left around noon on Friday for Ontario, OR. Dropped the rabbits off at the show room and drove another hour to Meridian/Boise to go eat at Texas Roadhouse...,and yes it was worth the drive!!

Rabbits did pretty good at the show today. Had fun with friends! Drove home after the show was over. It's about a 5.5 hour drive.

Sing with me..on the road again..

Congrats on the rabbits doing good. Glad your dinner was worth the drive. I knew I seen someone shows rabbits but couldn't remember who it was. My SD showed/shows rabbit and has been all over the US showing them. If I remember the right name they are Holland Lops. The last time I counted she had over a hundred. The grandkids show at the fair and sell some.

What kind of rabbits do you have?

1-

What DAY of the week were your born on ? Saturday

2-Who was President when you were born ? ??

3- Were you born in the same state you live in now ? Yes

4-How many siblings do you have ? 2 sisters and 5 brothers and I'm the oldest.

5-Do you know a family who chose really interesting names for their kids ,or used an intresting pattern for their names ? Yes me, my son had the same initials as me when I was married to there dad. My daughter has her dad's initials. I have a friend who is from a family of 10 and there names all start with R.

6- What is the largest family of kids you have ever heard of ? 12

7- Did your parents make you "clean your plate " at mealtime? Most of the time.

8-What is your favorite item on the menu at McDonalds ? bacon, egg, cheese biscuit.

9-What historical place from Ameria's history would you love to see that you havent seen yet ? Mt Rushmore.

10- Can you think of a career that a lady wouldn't be as good at as a man would be ? No

11-Name a song with a color in the title . ??

12 - If you had a radio that ONLY played one station, what type of music would you want it to play ? classic country

13 -A large number of us have grown up going from black and white tv's to the new modern big screen tv's,with the remotes,and all the other special gadgets they have . Would it bother you to go back to a small black and white tv agaian ? No

14-If you won the lottery and wanted to donate money towards a charity,which one would you choose ? Cancer, diabetes, food banks, the Jaycee's in my hometown they take under privelege(ms) kids shopping at Christmas.

15- Do you think a lady could be every bit as good as a man if she were President of our country ? Yes, and she can color her gray and know one would think anything of it.

16 -Name a famous cartoon character that a kid of today wouldnt know . Taz

17- I'm going to list some tv shows that were on back in the 60's/70's ... See if you can remember the character's names on the show . ( Only take one show, let the next person choose another one )

GunSmoke

Star Trek

Gilligans Island

Beverly Hillbillies

The Addams Family

Lost in Space

The Munsters

The Waltons-John Boy, Elizabeth, Mary Ellen, Grandma, Grandpa, Mom, Dad, ??

My 3 Sons-Ernie, Chip, Uncle Charlie, there Dad (Fred ?)

Dick VanDyke

Andy Griffith Show

Little House on the Prairie

The Lucy Show(original )

Bewitched

18- If you could spend ONE DAY as a famous person now living, who would you want to be for a day ? Bette Medler

19- Favorite beakfast cereal ? oatmeal

20- Name a song that was in a musical . Oklahoma

Have fun !!!!!

Judy, how nice of your hubby to get you those pretty flowers.

Class went very well today. I was finished by three, and came home in beautiful sunshine, after driving to work on icy roads. Hopefully we have a lot of melting before more snow arrives on Thursday. We had the second snowiest February on record this year, so that's why it seems like we were always getting snow. We were!

But March starts tomorrow and even though it is still cold and snowy, it just sounds so much closer to spring for some reason.

In like a lion and out like a lamb? If I remember right you were suppose to get less snow and more ice.

After a stressful day at work and the weather radio going off every half hour, finally got a chance to de-stress. Had to cancel dr. appt today because of pending storms and my sister couldn't leave my mother to take me. I'll be so happy when they fix my eyes and I can see to drive again!!!

Before it got to bad outside, I noticed some daffy's blooming and went out and gathered them up so the wind wouldn't beat them down. They look so pretty in the vase. It was so dark at 1:30 my yard light came on!

After storms were over, I went to the mailbox to get the mail. Box in there...hmmmm...I didn't order anything and with my eye problems, I couldn't see who sent it until I got in the house and got my magnifying glass. It was from Tampa Doll....took me a minute to realize, I was the recipient this month of one of her beautiful bag lady totes!!!! I couldn't believe it!!! ME!!! It is gorgeous and brought tears of joy to my eyes. Definitely brightened up a lonely, dreary day for me! I am so blessed.

Now to go back and try to catch up on the posts.

Glad all was okay after the storm was over. Congrats on getting a beautiful bag from Tampa Doll!

My dinner is done...better go feed the rabbits before they come get me..

Lots of snow coming down in the mts here. I'm hoping to still go spend time with my daughter and grandkids tomorrow if I can get across the mts.

Hope you get to go see your DD and grandkids tomorrow to.

Mary1, It sounds like a wonderful spot you and hubby went to. Hope things settle down for you soon.

Marisa, Glad you had a good weekend at your parents. It sounds like it was a fun time. Good luck getting all the calls and info you need.

Julie, I hope the spring weather tomorrow will ease up your breathing.

Linda, Glad everything was okay in your area after the storm. Did John come back all relaxed and refreshed?

Tam, Beautiful afghans! Congrats to the boys!

Sorry if I missed anyone. This has been and on going reading for a few days. I'll catch up again tomorrow. Have a nice evening and a bright tomorrow!

Congrats on the rabbits doing good. Glad your dinner was worth the drive. I knew I seen someone shows rabbits but couldn't remember who it was. My SD showed/shows rabbit and has been all over the US showing them. If I remember the right name they are Holland Lops. The last time I counted she had over a hundred. The grandkids show at the fair and sell some.

What kind of rabbits do you have?

I have mostly Mini Rex with some Mini Lops and Harlequins to throw into the bunch. Yeah I've been to to San Diego, DFW, Louisville, Grand Rapids, Minneapolis for the big rabbit conventions as well as a few other places across the country for breed national shows. I have a trailer that I take and I haul rabbits for other people in the PNW to the big shows.

well the pass is back open tonight but it sure isn't pretty! Hopefully by tomorrow morning it will be better

hehehehee... you're so sweet!:hug

its all the coffee I drink.... LOL

what color is the shawl going to be?

:heart

:mug

I drink tons of coffee too, Tammy- but you still seem to have me beat in the energy department!!:lol I'm using Homespun yarn - color Rococo (kind of a beige, tan, white mix- I figured this way it'll go with lots of things!

Good morning Glories!!

Mary 2- I hope that you get to see your DD and grandchildren today- and that the pass is let's just say passable!!!

Toni- Have you come down from:c9 yet? I really love the tote that you received from Tampa Doll- the color is so beautiful!!!

Linda- Glad that the tornado didn't come to be. I love lavender! It must be so pretty to look out and see the bushes covered in flowers! :manyheart

Marisa- Good luck with your endeavor. You have a really good head on your shoulders and I'm sure that you are doing your "due diligence". I"m so impressed with what you are embarking on and I'm here rooting for success for you all the way!!!:cheer

Mary 1- Computer/router problems are the pits! Glad that it is all resolved. I'm all about new technology- just not so good at solving any problems with it!!

Tammy- Congrats to the boys on their recent trophies!!! And your projects- what can I say other than You sure "wip" them out in record time and they are all so pretty!!!

Cindy- Glad to hear that class went well and that you made it safely driving in the ice!

Judy- I'm back to WW today at work- new 17 week session. I'm excited to get to goal weight this time so I get the free lifetime membership- only 5 lbs to go I believe- but we'll see when I get weighed in! Have a good day!

Julie- Thanks for the questions - As tired as I was last night- I enjoyed reading everyone's answers.

It's March 1 and weather is for sunny skies, 45 degrees so that seems kind of 'lambish' to me. Hope it doesn't mean March is going to go out like a "lion"!!

Have a wonderful day housemates, one and all!:hug

I drink tons of coffee too, Tammy- but you still seem to have me beat in the energy department!!:lol I'm using Homespun yarn - color Rococo (kind of a beige, tan, white mix- I figured this way it'll go with lots of things!

I think she's the "energizer bunny" in disguise :rofl

I think she's the "energizer bunny" in disguise :rofl

Toni- I couldn't agree more- she IS the Energizer bunny!!!!:lol:lol:lol:lol

Hope you slept well and have a good day!!!! Off to get ready for paradise!

I woke up wayyyyyyyy to early! Need many cups of coffee to keep me going today.

No, I'm still on not believing I got that bag. Will be getting it ready to take with me on Thursday when I go to chemo. I make sure they put the drip needle in my left arm and not in the elbow bend, just so I can crochet while it's going.

Think I'll log on to work early, since that's what kept me awake after my nature call. I WILL figure out how to make that new system work.

Y'all have a great day and I'll catch up with you this evening.

Morning gang

We have some early risers today !

Toni

So glad you won the bag -- I dont keep up on the colors of them,but it sounds like your is maybe pinks or reds ?

Marisa

I hope the office you found might be one you'd be interested in,or maybe you can find another one you like better .

Jude

Thanks for letting us know you'd be gone most of the day so we wont worry if we dont see you today .

Marlene

Good to hear from you again . I was hoping you were ok,since we hadnt heard anything for a few days, but they keep you hopping down there,so figured you were just busy .

Hello to everyone else -- too early in the morning and my brain is still asleep ,so I'm not real with it today .

**One year,, one of my cousins dressed up like that for Hallowee -- she dressed like she was HALF ASLEEP .

So, one side of her face,she had makeup on,hair combed ,etc.... other side she had curlers in ,face cream on ...can't remember what she did about the clothes part .

We had some action here yesterday and I didnt even realize it . Went to run errands, came home ,and the road I come into town on was blocked by the police, with all the fire trucks parked way down the road ... so I turned and went up through town the other way,and all the traffic lights were off ,all except the one on the square .

Come to find out, we had so much flooding from the snow melting,then rain on top of it, that the lower part of town flooded .There where the fire trucks were, a huge tree had fallen over the power lines and broke them down,so half the town was without power all day . We still had power here,but Steph ,her mom and mike's sister didnt have electric or heat . Mike's sister got evacuated by boat ...they stayed with Steph last night. By last night ,most places had power again,but lots of homes were flooded . I guess thats one good thing about living on the hill .Our basement does get a little wet when we get downpours,but nothing you have to wade through,just a spot in one corner that has a small puddle .

So,that was quite the excitement for here. We live in the most boring place in the whole USA .

Well,nothing much else to report ,so will check in later on. You all have a good day .

What DAY of the week were your born on ? Wednesday I think

2-Who was President when you were born ? LBJ

3- Were you born in the same state you live in now ? Yes

4-How many siblings do you have ? 1 brother

5-Do you know a family who chose really interesting names for their kids ,or used an intresting pattern for their names ?

My friends daughter is April(ok not strange till you know her last name is May!) My HS art teacher had a friend, last name Lear, named their daughter Shanda.

6- What is the largest family of kids you have ever heard of ? I saw one on tv with 20 once.

7- Did your parents make you "clean your plate " at mealtime? They tried

8-What is your favorite item on the menu at McDonalds ?

McDonalds is nasty.

9-What historical place from Ameria's history would you love to see that you havent seen yet ? Hmmmm

10- Can you think of a career that a lady wouldn't be as good at as a man would be ? Chippendales dancer.

11-Name a song with a color in the title . Girls not Grey.

12 - If you had a radio that ONLY played one station, what type of music would you want it to play ?

Metal

13 -A large number of us have grown up going from black and white tv's to the new modern big screen tv's,with the remotes,and all the other special gadgets they have . Would it bother you to go back to a small black and white tv agaian ? Wouldn't bother me, just wouldn't want to.

14-If you won the lottery and wanted to donate money towards a charity,which one would you choose ?

Animal shelters

15- Do you think a lady could be every bit as good as a man if she were President of our country ? :yes

16 -Name a famous cartoon character that a kid of today wouldnt know . Felix the cat or Betty boop

17- I'm going to list some tv shows that were on back in the 60's/70's ... See if you can remember the character's names on the show . ( Only take one show, let the next person choose another one )

GunSmoke - Marshall Dillon, Kitty, Doc, Chester

Star Trek

Gilligans Island

Beverly Hillbillies

The Addams Family

Lost in Space

The Munsters

The Waltons

My 3 Sons

Dick VanDyke

Andy Griffith Show

Little House on the Prairie ma, pa, Laura, Carrie

The Lucy Show(original )

Bewitched

18- If you could spend ONE DAY as a famous person now living, who would you want to be for a day ? Someone unknown but rich

19- Favorite beakfast cereal ? Cereal? I guess cream of wheat.

20- Name a song that was in a musical . Oaklahoma.

Good morning ladies :coffee

Just finishing up my cup of coffe and getting ready to head upstairs to workout :D It was kinda busy this morning, but then I remember it's not my early day :think I didn't do any crocheting last night again :eek I ended up staying right in front of this computer doing some research and some other things :blush

Mary2 - I'm glad to hear the road openned up, even if it's not 'pretty' Will you get to see your dd and grandkids today?

Marlene - Thanks, how have you been?

Joanne - :cheer good luck at ww today :cheer and thanks for the inspirational speeck :D I do tend to slack off and procrastinate sometimes though :think

Toni - Good idea getting some crochet done at your treatment :yes They are going to love your new bag on thursday :yay I hope you figure out the computer thing and have logging into work early be worth it :lol

Julie - Wow, that's alot of flooding!!!! Glad to hear that everyone is ok though :yes

Wrennie - :hi there

Good Morning, everyone. :manyheart It's a beautiful, sunny morning and Gracie and I have already been for a walk. Fox News just had a long segment about the flooding, storms and damage where so many of you live. :( I hope everyone is safe. :hug

Tam ~ Your work is beautiful.:hook Congratulations to all three boys. :clap

Judy ~ Love the flowers! I used to keep fresh flowers all the time, until Miss Zoe came to live with us and decided they were her toy. :lol Your DS's kitty is wonderful!

Toni ~ How exciting to receive the Tote! :yay I hope the new system cooperates for you. :yes

Marisa ~ Good luck with all the research. There must be sooo many details involved. :think I hope people will call you back...it's so frustrating when they don't!

Linda ~ Glad the storms weren't any worse. :) I know I've missed posting lately - your quilt is wonderful! I know how you feel about the techie stuff...if I could go a week or two without the internet, I would make an appt. and have them come and do everything.

Marlene ~ Hi! I hope you're having good weather...and enjoying your new trailer. :yes How is Maya doing?

Julie ~ Wow! Flooding is so scary and I'm glad you live on a hill! Is Sam able to get to work? Stay safe. :manyheart

I chickened out on installing the router yesterday. :lol I was too tired to concentrate by the time I got to it...so off I go to give it a try. :D

Hi house it has been a crazy start of the week for me for I have both grandbabies and they had to sleep over for my daughter had to go out of the state for her job, she will be back late this evening. Besides that I'm sick with probably a upper respiratory infection with sore throat, coughing sweats and ear ache. I'm leaving to go to the doctor in a few moments but just wanted to stop by and say hi. :cheer

:mdustGooooooooooooooooood Morning.................:mdust

Thank you all for your ever so sweet compliments on my projects and your congrats to my boys! :hug

The prayer blanket was accepted with great appreciation!

I got a half dozen more rows put on the baby blanket yesterday.

I made 4 out of 10 of the charity squares I need to do.

I made 3 stocking caps to put back in the pile for the cancer center.

okay... need a :mug refill and get some more work done on my moms doily'ghan. :hook

catch up later

:heart

:mug

Good mrning, housemates. It's sunshiny today and nice out. No damage here from the storms although quite a few trees went down south of us, several of which crashed into houses. No people hurt though. I've got a spaghetti squash cooking in the microwave. I'm going to try putting spaghetti sauce with it and see how it turns out. I've only tried cooking one once before and that didn't turn out so good. Hopefully the directions this time are better and it will be good. :D

Glad you didn't get caught in the flooding, Julie.

Have a good day, everyone. :hug

Hi Mary

Yep,Sam made it ok today. He works about 45 minutes away,and chooses to go bak roads instead of highway --the highway between here and there is awful . He took pictures on the way to work yesterday and I couldnt believe how deep the water was ! Wow, you couldnt even see where the road went,and road signs, everything were covered .

A lady down south of us got washed away in her car on the way to work yesterday morning. They still handt found her last night on the 6 oclock news .... I dont usually watch tv during the day,so hadnt heard if they found her or not,but they didnt sound very hopeful last night .

I drove out of town this morning where they had it blocked yesterday and you can still see where the water was up on the trees .

Good luck with your computer project ! I cannot do anything at all like that. Good thing Sam knows lots about it !

Cheeria

Sorry to hear you are sick,but very glad you went to the doc today. I hope it's not what we had here --the doc told us it wasnt the flu, just an illness that has the flu symptoms, so she couldnt give me anything to make it go away. It took us each about 10 days to get rid of it . The coughing was the worst part .

Tam

You little hummingbird,still flying through on your journeys ! You get more done in an hour than I do in a week !

Good mrning, housemates. It's sunshiny today and nice out. No damage here from the storms although quite a few trees went down south of us, several of which crashed into houses. No people hurt though. I've got a spaghetti squash cooking in the microwave. I'm going to try putting spaghetti sauce with it and see how it turns out. I've only tried cooking one once before and that didn't turn out so good. Hopefully the directions this time are better and it will be good. :D

Glad you didn't get caught in the flooding, Julie.

Have a good day, everyone. :hug

mmmmmmmmm......YUMMMY-- I LOVE spaghetti squash- I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!! and I'm kind of funny about my sauce too- it has to have a lot of garlic, parmasean cheese, and a hint of sugar to make it sweet. OR- i eat it with a tiny bit of butter and a pinch of brown sugar!

Hi Linda

I've never tried making any type of squash so wouldnt be any assistance to you .Hope it turns out good !

So whatcha working on today,the quilt, the stockings,a book, or something else ? You keep really busy too .

Archived