Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi there house family, I have broncitis and a sore throat so I'm on antibiotics, cough syrup with codein and my advair. I had the lil darlings today, biut I also was allow to rest and sleep a little which was real cool. Their Dad picked them up early so I'm about ready to get back in the bed and rest. I feel slightly better, but my chest hurt with all the coughing I'm doing. The doctor is hopeful that this will clear up before the 11th when I have to go for my IV treatment. Just wanted to drop by and say hi. I'm still working on my doily-ghan and it is so pretty and so much fun. Hugs :hug

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello everyone. I've missed you guys but it was unavoidable. One of my shift supervisors was fired. My DM took the only one left out to work on a team for the district cosmetic reset. I've had to open and close my store everyday until I put my foot down and said no more! As you know, my Dad had heart surgery on Jan 10th, the DM would not get me coverage to go home. My Dad never made it back home. On Feb 15th, my stepmom called and said if we wanted to see him we needed to get to Alabama asap. I lost it and told the DM just what I thought. I went to Bama on 2/16...my dad had a great day. My sister had gone over on Sunday and she said that once I got there he didn't look like the same man she'd seen over the weekend. He laughed and had fun! When I was out talking to the doctor, he asked my niece if it would be okay if he left. She asked him if he was talking about going to my Mom who is deceased. He said yes because he loved her soooo much. He expired on 2/18...he would have been 72 years old on 2/19. I'm doing okay because I did get to spend that Wednesday with him. If I had not, I probably would not be able to live with myself. I've hired 2 new people and I'm training them to be supervisors. I have to take my life back. I will not continue to work as I have.

Linda - I'll be moving to Cumming in August or September.

Have a good night ladies. I'll check back in later.

Valerie- I'm so sorry to hear of your Dad's passing! But, I am so happy that you put your foot down and were able to spend a lovely day with him!!! It's hard losing your Dad- I lost mine almost 7 years ago this March 26. I still "talk" to him every day! My Mom died nearly 12 years ago this May-

I'm glad that you are going to get your life back. Although I work alot of hours, it's nothing compared to the hours that you have been working! :hug:hug:hug

Hi there house family, I have broncitis and a sore throat so I'm on antibiotics, cough syrup with codein and my advair. I had the lil darlings today, biut I also was allow to rest and sleep a little which was real cool. Their Dad picked them up early so I'm about ready to get back in the bed and rest. I feel slightly better, but my chest hurt with all the coughing I'm doing. The doctor is hopeful that this will clear up before the 11th when I have to go for my IV treatment. Just wanted to drop by and say hi. I'm still working on my doily-ghan and it is so pretty and so much fun. Hugs :hug

Cheeria-

Glad that you got to the doc and are on meds- hopefully the bronchitis will clear up in time for you to get your IV treatment. You are scheduled on my middle DD's 29th Birthday!!!

I'm glad that you are enjoying working on your doily-ghan!:hug:hug:hug

Valerie, I'm so glad you got to be with your Dad at the end...it was a wonderful thing for him to be able to see you again. You have my sympathy and heartfelt empathy:hug:hug

Cheeria, it's a good thing you got started on some meds! Take care of yourself, girlfriend. We hope to see you at our next meetup! Not sure when that'll be yet, but you need to get well first.:hug

Well ladies, I'm heading up to read a bit before falling asleep.

Valerie - :hug :hug :hug I'm so glad you put your foot down and were able to spend a nice day with your dad :yes:hug :hug :hug And your right, you have to take your own life back, because they won't just give it to you :no If you need to vent, we're here :wink

Toni - :hug :hug :hug I hope tomorrow goes well for you.....don't forget your new crochet bag :D

Cheeria - I'm glad you finally got the meds so that you're on the road to recovery :hug :hug :hug

Still thinking about Julie :hug :hug :hug

Good evening everyone! Just popping in for a quick "hello"! Finished my work week, so now I can concentrate on getting some hooking done.

Things are a bit better but still have a ways to go to get myself back on track. DD found out yesterday that her 6 month old has adhd. Not much of a surprise since her husband has it as well. She is ok with it because at least she knows why he acts the way he does and she isn't blaming herself for being a bad mom. He's just has REALLY fussy days and doesn't sleep for more than a couple of hours at a time. He's been like this since he was born, so she's used to it by now!

Well, my dil had a miscarriage:( She was only a few weeks along, but they are both a little sad. They will try again in a few months as they don't want another Dec baby (gd4 was born on Dec 15) I just hope everything works out the next time. This is the 3rd "failed" pregnancy in row for them.

Well, time to go pick up dd16 from the gym. Have a good night and see you all later.:hug

:hug... so sorry to hear about your DIL!!! I do know all too well that feeling! prayers of comfort coming their way!!!

:heart

:mug

yay! made it over the mountains, spent time with gk and dd. Had to come back tonight as I want to be with a friend when she has to put down an old dog..not even hers but she has been the doggy sitter for 5 months and other times before.

Took the kids to the Imagine Childrens Museum http://www.imaginecm.org/page.php?id=48 each room/area is set up for hands on for the kids. From being the bus driver to flying an airplane!

Had a great time!

Pic of my dd and my grandbabies! (they aren't much babies anymore lol)

Love the Childrens Museum!!!!

GREAT pic!!!

The top of the Callenge Quilt is now done. Ta.....Da.......

[ATTACH]35780[/ATTACH]

I'm happy with it. Still don't know just how I'm going to quilt it, but I've got time to play around and experiment with the scraps for a while. :devil

LOVE .... LOVE .... LOVE it!!!!

Hello everyone. I've missed you guys but it was unavoidable. One of my shift supervisors was fired. My DM took the only one left out to work on a team for the district cosmetic reset. I've had to open and close my store everyday until I put my foot down and said no more! As you know, my Dad had heart surgery on Jan 10th, the DM would not get me coverage to go home. My Dad never made it back home. On Feb 15th, my stepmom called and said if we wanted to see him we needed to get to Alabama asap. I lost it and told the DM just what I thought. I went to Bama on 2/16...my dad had a great day. My sister had gone over on Sunday and she said that once I got there he didn't look like the same man she'd seen over the weekend. He laughed and had fun! When I was out talking to the doctor, he asked my niece if it would be okay if he left. She asked him if he was talking about going to my Mom who is deceased. He said yes because he loved her soooo much. He expired on 2/18...he would have been 72 years old on 2/19. I'm doing okay because I did get to spend that Wednesday with him. If I had not, I probably would not be able to live with myself. I've hired 2 new people and I'm training them to be supervisors. I have to take my life back. I will not continue to work as I have.

Have a good night ladies. I'll check back in later.

Oh darlin'.............. :hug... :hug... :hug

Morning ladies

Just a quick stop in to say hi -- not feeling well at all today . Gotta call and see if I can get in to my asthma guy early .. My breathing is hideous .

Will stop in and yak more when I feel better. Not a good morning .

Thinkin' about you sweetie!!!!

Evening House................

Well............ I finished the 5-10 round ripple baby blanket!

post-18634-135897634725_thumb.jpg

Got one more charity square done. (makes 5 of 10)

Started a scrap round ripple.

Made 4 more stocking caps for the 6th floor at the hospital.

And put a couple more rows on my mom's Doily'ghan.

Hubby is on day 2 of his chemo treatment this week. He'll go Friday for one more round...then we sit for 4-6 weeks waiting on his numbers to fall and then recover so he can do this again. This is his 3rd round since being out of the hospital.

Oh goodness... dryer is calling me.

okay.... catch up later!

love you guys!!! :hug

busy day. Put doggie to rest :( but it was for the better of all. The vet gave us some words as it was hard to make a decision for someone else. That when they are to a point that we'd put the in a nursing home if they were human it's time.. It was time quite awhile ago for that one, but it did give us some reassurance of doing the right thing.

Worked in the barn most the rest of the day cleaning and cleaning and cleaning..have to finish that up tomorrow.

Wednesday nights is Divorce Care, a ministry my DH and I have been involved in for many years. Pray for healing for the ladies in my group!

Morning ladies

Looks like I have many posts to catch up on . Thank you for all the concern . Yesterday was a really crappy day . I have pills to take when my breathing gets that bad . I'm not sure if I have panic attacks that make the asthma worse, or asthma attacks that make me have panic attacks ,but the pills I take usually calm it down,whatever it is . The problem with the pills are ,if I take them too many days in a row, they give me these headaches so bad, I feel like Lizzie Borden's dad --someone took an axe to my head .

Yesterday was one of those days --horrible breathing, cracking head ...so I tried NOT taking the pill for the breathing .... GEEZ what a mess .

I called my lung guy,he has offices in 3 towns ,and this morning is his day over at our local hospital ,so I have first appointment this morning . Let's just say I'll be glad to see him to see what he has up his sleeve for a new idea .

I AM SO SICK OF DOCTORS .... ridiculous . Trying not to get discouraged,but I keep wondering why I feel like a 90 year old when I'm in my 50s .

Linda

Your quilt is looking good .

Kiyo

Nice job on the slippers .

Joanne

How you hanging in with the long week so far ? Hope you get sunday off .

Toni

Thinking of you today as you have a busy day plus go for your checkups and treatments

Val

So sorry to hear about your dad, but I am glad you got to see him and spend time with him .Your boss sure wasnt very sympathetic,so I dont blame you for being mad about it .

Cheeria

Sorry you have bronchitis. That stuff sure makes you tired,doesnt it ? Please take good care of yourself. Do your kids have a backup babysitter they can use if you need a couple days off ?

HiTam

Thanks for sharing the photo - pretty colors , hope your husband does well with this round of treatments and they are making good progress with him .

Mary2

Sorry about your pup. I dont have pets so have never gone through that with them,but several of the ladies in here have,so I know they would know exactly how you feel .

That's nice of you and your husband to help at the ladie's clinic .

Hope you all have a good day today . I'll let you know what the doc says . Just getting mighty tired of going from one to another and getting no relief ,and each one disagress with the other ,so you dont know who to listen to .

Good morning all,

Julie- I was very relieved to see your post. :hug Maybe there is something else the doc can prescribe for you to take for the breathing that won't cause you to have massive headaches.

Mary- So sorry about your dog:hug-it's never an easy decision and I"m glad that the vet helped you with his words. That is a wonderful thing that you and DH are doing with Divorce Cares.. Prayers for the ladies involved --I've been there and it's not easy.

Tam- Another beautiful item flies off your hook. :manyheart The baby ripple is gorgeous! Your DH is always in my prayers!

Marisa- Did you do start your sweater last night?

Judy, Cheeria and Marisa- Any thoughts on when you'd like to meet up again? How about Mar 19 or 26? I think the 19th may be out for Marisa- is that when you go to Pittsburgh? Anyway , those are the two Saturdays I'm available in March so just let me know.

To the rest of the house- it's late, so I better get ready for Paradise....and Julie- in answer to your question- I'm hanging in there with the long hours/long week!! Thanks for asking!

Have a good day all!!!:hug

Good morning, peeps!

Jules, I'm so relieved to see you here this morning.... good luck with the doctor:hug

[ATTACH]35830[/ATTACH]

Hubby is on day 2 of his chemo treatment this week. He'll go Friday for one more round...then we sit for 4-6 weeks waiting on his numbers to fall and then recover so he can do this again. This is his 3rd round since being out of the hospital.

okay.... catch up later!

Your RR is gorgeous...and Ken has a wonderful, faith-filled attitude everytime I read his posts to Caring Bridge....you are so well matched as a couple:hug:manyheart

busy day. Put doggie to rest :( but it was for the better of all. The vet gave us some words as it was hard to make a decision for someone else. That when they are to a point that we'd put the in a nursing home if they were human it's time.. It was time quite awhile ago for that one, but it did give us some reassurance of doing the right thing.

Been there...6 times...and it never gets easy. Our last GSD left us for the Rainbow Bridge a year ago March 22, and I admit...I waited too long...:(

Hugs and hugs to you, sweetie:hug:manyheart

Worked in the barn most the rest of the day cleaning and cleaning and cleaning..have to finish that up tomorrow.

Wednesday nights is Divorce Care, a ministry my DH and I have been involved in for many years. Pray for healing for the ladies in my group!

What a wonderful ministry:hug:hug

Judy, Cheeria and Marisa- Any thoughts on when you'd like to meet up again? How about Mar 19 or 26? I think the 19th may be out for Marisa- is that when you go to Pittsburgh? Anyway , those are the two Saturdays I'm available in March so just let me know.

It's up to you guys - I have nothing set in stone for either Saturday. Will you be letting Susan (?) know too...she seemed interested in coming again. And Marisa, what about Mary?

BBL!

Good morning. Despite the fact that I read all day yesterday, (the book for the combo thread), I did manage to vacuum, mop floors and clean bathrooms last night. This morning I will go get the groceries I didn't get yesterday.

Tam, your RR is beautiful.

Julie, hope the dr has some other solutions to offer.

Joanne have a good day at work. I have today off, and then work tomorrow.

Mary, that sounds like a really wonderful ministry.

Good morning ladies :coffee

Finishing up my coffee then heading upstairs for my workout :D I have to push myself to do it, but always feel soo much better afterwards :lol

Tam - Gorgeous 5 to 10 rr :manyheart Keeping dh in my prayers, how's Michael?

Mary2 - :hug :hug for a tough decision with the doggie. WTG on the barn cleaning :yes

Julie - Glad you hear you have the first appt this morning, :xfin for a new idea :hug :hug

Joanne - I did start my sweater last night :clap FINALLY!!! I find that my knitting is quite loose, but I have the bottom ribbing on the back piece 2/3 done. It's not much, but I'm proud of it so far :lol

Joanne, Judy, and Cheeria - Either of those days works for me as of now, I'm going to Pitt the weekend before, well, next weekend from the 10th to the 13th. They always do their st patty's celebration the weekend before st patty's day. I'll see what's on Mary's plate for those weekends when I get to work later :lol That girl always has sooo much going on :lol

Actually----as far as donating for the homeless shelter- If you would like to help----please do! That is just a goal of mine to be able to collect that many- letting people know I am doing it---people around here don't give to the homeless shelter, they give to the Deseret Industries which is ran by the LDS. HOWEVER-----I DO NOT have a problem with that AT all, BUT----with the economy now how it is and homelessness is SOOOOO high, I figure they probably don't have that dollar or 2 or 3 to go buy clothes, hats, etc. They are worrying where their next bite of food or shower will come from. I would LOVE for your help if you have time. I am collecting any sizes and colors----hats, scarves, mittens, socks. People have found hats on clearance at walmart etc and have grabbed them. However, if we can hand craft---all the better! YOU'RE AWESOME!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH

I would love to send you some things throughout the year...scarves are my favorite thing when I want to work on a smaller project. :) Should I just PM for your address when I have something to send?

Good Morning, Ladies. :manyheart Yesterday was not a fun day with parent issues and hopefully today will be quieter. :yes I miss my hook and yarn. :sigh

Mary ~ Oh, I'm so sorry about your furbaby. :hug We've been there several times and it's always hard to make that decision. :hug

Thanks for sharing the picture of your DD and darling grandkids!

Julie ~ I hope your doctor can give you some relief today. We want you better! :ghug

Linda ~ Your quilt top is gorgeous! :clap What will you use for the backing? When is the deadline for the Challenge? That's all my questions for now. :lol

Tam ~ The baby ghan is wonderful and the colors are perfect! :c9 Thinking of your DH and your whole family as he goes through the chemo.

Marisa ~ I hope your cold is much better now!

Kiyo ~ Oh, your birthday bash sounds fun. :dance Love your slippers and the yarn you used.:hook

Trish ~ I'm so sorry about your DIL and hope next time will be okay. :manyheart

Hi to all of my House friends. I have an appointment this a.m., so had better get ready. Have a good morning!

Maybe we can have more luck hooking up when you are closer. [/QUOTE]

Val, I'm so glad that you put your foot down and got to see your Dad before he died. It hurts so much more when you don't get that closure.

:hug :hug :hug Hope the meds help you kick the bronchitis quickly. Take care my friend. :hug :hug :hug

[ATTACH]35830[/ATTACH]

okay.... catch up later!

Beautiful blanket. Good luck to hubby. :hug :hug :hug How many rounds of chemo does he have to take? Hope the boys are all doing well, too.

:hug :hug :hug :hug It's hard losing our furbabies, even when we know it's the best thing for them. :hug :hug :hug Hugs to your divorce ladies, too. :hug :hug :hug

Good Morning, Ladies. :manyheart Yesterday was not a fun day with parent issues and hopefully today will be quieter. :yes I miss my hook and yarn. :sigh

Linda ~ Your quilt top is gorgeous! :clap What will you use for the backing? When is the deadline for the Challenge? That's all my questions for now. :lol

:hug :hug :hug Parent issues are hard.

The backing for the quilt is the same material as the outside border. The quilted items all have to be there by the 15th of June, so my goal is to have it in the mail by the 1st of June. I did get a top to practice the quilting with put together yesterday.

It's a bit chilly out this morning, but the sun is shining. Planning on taking Kim out to get her nails done this afternoon. Not sure what else is on the docket yet. A lot depends on how she holds up to the activity.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Good luck at the doctor's office, Julie.

Hi, Mary1:D....hugs to you, sweetie...:hug

Did anyone see this new pattern from the Red Heart site? Just got it in my email....:devil

http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/twist-turn-throw?utm_source=Publicaster&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=March%202011%20-%20Keep%20in%20the%20Loop&utm_term=VIEW+AFGHAN+PATTERN

Off to get ready for Sparkie's annual at the vet....so nice just dealing with an annual:)...though I'll never stop missing my sweet Susie...:(

BBL

Archived