Our House Part Two

JulieKay

~~~GUESS WHAT~~~~ I "THINK" my honey is coming to see me this week!!!! Why don't I know for sure, you ask.............he thinks its funny to keep me in suspense and keep it a surprise!!! My last boyfriend thought it was cool to surprise me too. HOWEVER......I'm excited and i love it but at the same time, I want to be able to take a day or so off too while he's here and my job I have to plan for that stuff. I will LOVE it if he does get here. This Sat is my big birthday bash that we've made a yearly deal----I'm LOVE to dance and I know I'm too old for the club scene/meat market. So----we all go, including my parents (I told my Mom she has no choice, she has to drive me and make sure I get home) lol It's the one night of the year that's MY night, i don't have to worry about everyone else getting home.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
~~~GUESS WHAT~~~~ I "THINK" my honey is coming to see me this week!!!! Why don't I know for sure, you ask.............he thinks its funny to keep me in suspense and keep it a surprise!!! My last boyfriend thought it was cool to surprise me too. HOWEVER......I'm excited and i love it but at the same time, I want to be able to take a day or so off too while he's here and my job I have to plan for that stuff. I will LOVE it if he does get here. This Sat is my big birthday bash that we've made a yearly deal----I'm LOVE to dance and I know I'm too old for the club scene/meat market. So----we all go, including my parents (I told my Mom she has no choice, she has to drive me and make sure I get home) lol It's the one night of the year that's MY night, i don't have to worry about everyone else getting home.

That would be wonderful! Hope he makes it. :hug :hug :hug

The top of the Callenge Quilt is now done. Ta.....Da.......

post-9295-135897634184_thumb.jpg

I'm happy with it. Still don't know just how I'm going to quilt it, but I've got time to play around and experiment with the scraps for a while. :devil

I hadn't ever heard of Chet and Bernie, so I googled them, and I will be looking for one of the books next time I am in the library. they sound like my kind of book. I like mysteries, but I like them to be just a little out of the ordinary. I especially like them to be slightly humorous, and these sound like they may be.

They have their funny moments..and serious. The first book hooked me when I read the first couple of paragraphs and laughed out loud in the book store!

[ATTACH]35780[/ATTACH]

I'm happy with it. Still don't know just how I'm going to quilt it, but I've got time to play around and experiment with the scraps for a while. :devil

That came out great! Adding the black trim was the perfect thing.

My latest projects. DONE

You're so talented!!:clap

[ATTACH]35780[/ATTACH]

Linda, it's gorgeous. I think adding the black accent definitely shows off the fabrics.

Good morning. Trying to stay motivated to get everything done today:lol. At least I have a few days off to catch things up!

I didn't know they could diagnose ADHD this early either but then I did some research on it and apparently so. He's not your typical colicky baby and considering he is almost 7 months old, he should be past the majority of it if he was. They can't treat it at this age and I doubt if they would anyway. It's not like he's uncontrollable, just gets incredibly bored, impatient and wants constant attention. The Dr. says the he is really smart for his age and is ahead of allof his milestones, so that is a good thing.

Thanks for the :hug for my dil. She is doing well, staying positive and ready for the next try!:hug

Julie-hope you start feeling better!:hug

:eekHad a reply to everyone and I lost it!:angry So I'll just thanks to everyone and hope that everyone who is feeling under the weather starts feeling better and that all the pictures are wonderful!

Hope you all have a fabulous day and :hug to you all!

Trish, the way you were describing the baby's symptoms of adhd...reminded me of my goddaughter as a baby. She was always fussy...except when we played the song "Free Willie" for her. She was just bored...because as soon as she could get around on her own she was always a happy kid.

Today at 17 she's a very accomplished and bright young woman, who can play the piano by ear, teaches piano, sings, dances and is studying French.

She and I get along so well because we both get bored easily - which isn't always a bad thing;)

I'll bet this little one will accomplish much in life!

Trish, its good that your ddil is coping so well. A positive attitude is always a plus. My oldest DD was hyper baby and toddler, always into something. She slept poorly, and napped rarely. She grew up to be a very calm young woman, (or as calm as a mother of four boys can be!)

Judy,I get bored easily, but I don't know that I've actually accomplished all that much. For me that has resulted in tons of interests, which means I always have something to do, even if I don't finish too many things.

Judy,I get bored easily, but I don't know that I've actually accomplished all that much. For me that has resulted in tons of interests, which means I always have something to do, even if I don't finish too many things.

I also have unfinished stuff laying around: books and cross stitch projects in particular.

At least we know how to amuse ourselves:lol...

[ATTACH]35780[/ATTACH]

Linda, it's coming along so nicely- I love it!!!:manyheart

My latest projects. DONE

Kiyo

They are so cool! Nice job!

That would be so neat if your BF comes out to 'surprise' you for your birthday! I love to dance too- and if you are too old for clubs, you know I'm way too old:lol

Good evening my friends!

I sure hope Julie is ok too! Julie- you are in my prayers!

Marisa- That's too bad about your Sixers- it's not FUN when they don't play hard! However, if they played the Mavs, they have one of my favorite players on the team- Jason Kidd- I have an autographed basketball - my DD's DH's friend knew someone on the Nets staff and when Kidd was playing for the Nets, he had Kidd autograph a BB for DD and I. I have it in clear plexiglass case. I also have a Jason Kidd jack-in-the-box that was given to me by one of my co-workers. I think I will be giving that to my grandson -to-be.

Cindy- Hope you had a nice day and recovered from your rough day at work.

Trish- Seems like a lot of us have been having trouble with the losing of posts!! Glad to hear that DIL has such a positive attitude!

Judy- I'll have to look up that book at the library when I return Agatha Christie- hopefully I'll remember!!!

Kiyo- I'm willing to donate some things too- first have to get done with the baby things I want to make, but I'll be happy to make some things towards your goal. I think it's awesome!

To ALL- off to get dinner- another late night here....and of course, my best laid plans at 5AM will not come to fruition by the time I finish dinner. I'll just work on the mindless baby blanket which is coming along nicely! I have a feeling the shrug won't get done until Sunday (if I'm off work-fingers crossed) I am much better at following patterns when my mind is fresh and alert!!!

Have a good night all!

Good evening ladies :hi

Looks somewhat quiet here today :think Work was another rough day :( I can't wait for the weekend!!!! :eek I'm hoping for some couch and crochet time tonight....maybe I'll start my sweater :think

Linda - I absolutely love the quilt so far and the black adds a little something extra :manyheart

Kiyo - More awesome slippers from you :yay

Julie - I hope your dr visit went well and they were able to help, I'm a little worried that you didn't make it back here today :hug

Good evening my friends!

I sure hope Julie is ok too! Julie- you are in my prayers!

Marisa- That's too bad about your Sixers- it's not FUN when they don't play hard! However, if they played the Mavs, they have one of my favorite players on the team- Jason Kidd- I have an autographed basketball - my DD's DH's friend knew someone on the Nets staff and when Kidd was playing for the Nets, he had Kidd autograph a BB for DD and I. I have it in clear plexiglass case. I also have a Jason Kidd jack-in-the-box that was given to me by one of my co-workers. I think I will be giving that to my grandson -to-be.

Cindy- Hope you had a nice day and recovered from your rough day at work.

Trish- Seems like a lot of us have been having trouble with the losing of posts!! Glad to hear that DIL has such a positive attitude!

Judy- I'll have to look up that book at the library when I return Agatha Christie- hopefully I'll remember!!!

Kiyo- I'm willing to donate some things too- first have to get done with the baby things I want to make, but I'll be happy to make some things towards your goal. I think it's awesome!

To ALL- off to get dinner- another late night here....and of course, my best laid plans at 5AM will not come to fruition by the time I finish dinner. I'll just work on the mindless baby blanket which is coming along nicely! I have a feeling the shrug won't get done until Sunday (if I'm off work-fingers crossed) I am much better at following patterns when my mind is fresh and alert!!!

Have a good night all!

We were posting at the same time :lol I hope my boys play better on friday :xfin

Good evening ladies :hi

Looks somewhat quiet here today :think Work was another rough day :( I can't wait for the weekend!!!! :eek I'm hoping for some couch and crochet time tonight....maybe I'll start my sweater :think

Linda - I absolutely love the quilt so far and the black adds a little something extra :manyheart

Kiyo - More awesome slippers from you :yay

Julie - I hope your dr visit went well and they were able to help, I'm a little worried that you didn't make it back here today :hug

We posted at exactly the same time- 7:08PM!!!:) I had a long day too- and it's only Wed of a very very long work week!!! Hope you get to have some couch time and crochet time too!!!

Just dropping in to say hi before collapsing for the night. Another busy day at work and then doctor and groceries. Have to get groceries when I have a ride. Tomorrow is work a couple of hours, cardio dr and then chemo. At least it's relaxing and I get to crochet while I'm there :lol

Linda, the quilt came out great. My biggest mystery with my quilts was always what quilting to do on them :lol Did great up until that point.

Kiyo, love the slippers

Sure hope Julie is ok.

Joanne, hope you're getting chance to relax and crochet

Mary, loved the photo of the grands and dd. Sounds like a good time was had by all. Give your friend an extra hug from me. I lost both my old dobergirls last year and it is always so hard.

To all those whose work week has been extra long this week, :hug

To everyone I missed, hello and hope things are going great for you. I read through all the posts, but hard to answer them all.

Going to go crash and burn for the night! Probably won't be back until tomorrow night, if I'm not to tired.

Hello everyone. I've missed you guys but it was unavoidable. One of my shift supervisors was fired. My DM took the only one left out to work on a team for the district cosmetic reset. I've had to open and close my store everyday until I put my foot down and said no more! As you know, my Dad had heart surgery on Jan 10th, the DM would not get me coverage to go home. My Dad never made it back home. On Feb 15th, my stepmom called and said if we wanted to see him we needed to get to Alabama asap. I lost it and told the DM just what I thought. I went to Bama on 2/16...my dad had a great day. My sister had gone over on Sunday and she said that once I got there he didn't look like the same man she'd seen over the weekend. He laughed and had fun! When I was out talking to the doctor, he asked my niece if it would be okay if he left. She asked him if he was talking about going to my Mom who is deceased. He said yes because he loved her soooo much. He expired on 2/18...he would have been 72 years old on 2/19. I'm doing okay because I did get to spend that Wednesday with him. If I had not, I probably would not be able to live with myself. I've hired 2 new people and I'm training them to be supervisors. I have to take my life back. I will not continue to work as I have.

Linda - I'll be moving to Cumming in August or September.

Have a good night ladies. I'll check back in later.

Archived