Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi again! My sister really didn't want to go to our parents, either...we've both been there once this week and that was enough. :lol So DH and I took off for Granbury - a town on a lake about 40 minutes away. The town square is full of wonderful shops and restaurants and we used to go more often. We had lunch outside in a courtyard with a huge waterfall and it was so nice! I didn't have my camera or I would have lots of pictures of DAFFODILS for Linda. :D Of course I had to buy Luke a really cute romper for summer and a couple of things at the kitchen shop. It reminded both of us how long it's been since we took a real vacation. :yes

Now, to start laundry and read posts! I hope everyone is having a great weekend. :manyheart

Hi again! My sister really didn't want to go to our parents, either...we've both been there once this week and that was enough. :lol So DH and I took off for Granbury - a town on a lake about 40 minutes away. The town square is full of wonderful shops and restaurants and we used to go more often. We had lunch outside in a courtyard with a huge waterfall and it was so nice! I didn't have my camera or I would have lots of pictures of DAFFODILS for Linda. :D Of course I had to buy Luke a really cute romper for summer and a couple of things at the kitchen shop. It reminded both of us how long it's been since we took a real vacation. :yes

Now, to start laundry and read posts! I hope everyone is having a great weekend. :manyheart

That mini vacation sounds wonderful! You needed that:yes

Mary --it sounds like you had a wonderful relaxing day!!! Sometimes that's what we all need!!!

Grocery shopping done, dinner done, dishes done, and before I'm done, I'm going to crochet for a bit while I catch up on some of my shows on DVR!!!!

And here are the pics of the case I made for my sister and of Mary's yarn, she got 2 of each color :D

Wow.... Nice work!!!! Love the yarn colors!!!

:heart

:mug

I'm feeling lazy today for some reason. I panicked yesterday for a bit. Couldn't decide if I liked my quilt pattern or hated it. I had Rosie come over and look at it and that helped me get my perspective back a bit. I've never had a piece judged before and I think it's freaking me out more than a bit. And I need another one and a half inches of the gold neutral fabric. I hope they still have some of it left. Otherwise it's going to be really, really tight getting enough to finish it. :eek

I took pictures of the three Christmas stockings. That's Trouble in the picture with them.

[ATTACH]35428[/ATTACH]

Oh hon............. I love your stockings! Those are fantastic!

How many did you say you were going to make?

Here it all is-------my wild car, that is me with my brother- he's 31, lives in Denver--just the 2 of us. And..........my crazy hair.

I am sorry, I think I'm in a picture sharing mood! lol----

Here is my honey and Freed and I

The photo of Aree and I was last Easter- I made her skirt.

Lemme tell you bout the banana-----that is cardboard and lots and lots of packaging tape lol- at a local ski resort they had their closing day activities and to build a "sled" out of cardboard and tape is all you could use. Originally my x-bil built it for 3 kids to ride down this mtn in....hmmm I ended up riding it down and making front page of newspaper- I'm trying to find the photo w/ me in it- it was great!!! The kids crashed 1/4 the way from the top and I happened to be right there, tossed my camera to my mom and jumped in, afraid I would get stuck lol. Nope, the crowd went wild, it was awesome. Can't say that I will do it again, knowing how the end crash felt lol.

Look at you.................... arent you just the prettiest thing!!!! Lovely family too!!!!!!!!!! :hug

Stay safe!!!

me too!

I had to work at a different branch yesterday. Glad I don't have to go today in this snow.

I had to go back and find this question. I am spoiled. I live in the catskill mountains in a forest preserve. Let me find a picture out my front door.

We were just voted one of the top ten coolest small towns in America in Budget Travel Magazine. You can look on their website.

Whoa.............. beautiful pics!!!!!!

I got the first 2 squares connected of my daughter's quilt ghan connected. It's turning out nicely! :-)

ooooooooooooooooh..... NICE .... Very Nice!

Hi, gals....

Today was a lazy day - the weather was even too horrible to take Sparkie out for a walk, so I crocheted. Finished one of the patterns for the combo group for March - wanted to test it.:D And while watching a 1948 movie called The Search, on TV, I worked on the plain filet doily (in #10). I may finish it tonight.

Here's the heart doily pattern made in #3 thread. Very tiny - and not blocked - but it makes a pretty decoration:) Used ecru for the border.

OH...... isnt that pretty! Love it!

we're off to the races. I've been working on the quilt and the middle is now 3/4 done! Going to take a break now for a bit and give my back a rest.

[ATTACH]35576[/ATTACH]

Sounds like lots of fun stuff in the works for the weekend for most of you.

Sorry about the theft, Joanne, and thank goodness it was caught so quickly.

I LIKE............... I Like alot!!!!!

I havent made a quilt in years.... I think the last one I made was a baby quilt that fit a crib.

Hi there house family just stopping by to scream HELLO. :lol:lol I had a busy day today and last nigt I just went to bed without stopping by Our House for I was very tired. Today I met my DD, SIL and lil darlings for a bite to eat and to see my lil grandbaby first hi-top shoes. Oh so cute, now for him to start walking that will really be a treat. I also went to Barnes and Nobles, I miss going there and I ended up with a few magazines. This evening I watched a movie with my DH and I crochet for a while on my Doily-ghan. I'm really enjoying crocheting this ghan. Sometime this week I do plan on posting a picture of it and I'm really tempted to buy more yarn to have on hand for a second doily ghan. I have no specific plans for them yet except to enjoy crocheting them. I didn't get around to reading any posts today I just wanted to stop in and say HELLO. Love Ya House :hug:hug:hug

Hi, Tammy and Cheeria. Kim's having her evening breathing treatment and then it will be time to pop her into bed. Puppies have all been out. and I'm through quilting for today. I should finish the top tomorrow or Monday, depending on when John gets home and what I do after that. They're hoping to bag some wild pigs this weekend.

I have 5 of the Christmas stockings to do, Tammy.

Hi all!

Racing was good and I finished the frog tapester, sewed together the 2 flannelghan strips that are done, tried working on more of the teapot cozy, but instructions didn't make sense today, almost finished one sock from "I Can't Believe I'm Crocheting" book an love the way it's turning out.

Got the furples and my bedding all washed, so we all have nice, clean, fresh smelling bedding, at least for tonight.

Speaking of, furples have been out for last call, my eyes are really bothering me, and I'm sleepy. So, GGOOD NIGHT ALL!!! TTYL

Hi there house family just stopping by to scream HELLO. :lol:lol I had a busy day today and last nigt I just went to bed without stopping by Our House for I was very tired. Today I met my DD, SIL and lil darlings for a bite to eat and to see my lil grandbaby first hi-top shoes. Oh so cute, now for him to start walking that will really be a treat. I also went to Barnes and Nobles, I miss going there and I ended up with a few magazines. This evening I watched a movie with my DH and I crochet for a while on my Doily-ghan. I'm really enjoying crocheting this ghan. Sometime this week I do plan on posting a picture of it and I'm really tempted to buy more yarn to have on hand for a second doily ghan. I have no specific plans for them yet except to enjoy crocheting them. I didn't get around to reading any posts today I just wanted to stop in and say HELLO. Love Ya House :hug:hug:hug

Hey hon............. how ya doin'?

Oh.. sounds like such a lovely day! I'm so glad!

what movie did you see?

I worked on my doily'ghan a bit today too. I finished a prayer blanket that needed to be done for Monday delivery... :whew and am now getting a few rows put on my 5-10 round ripple.

Good to see you!!! :hug

Hi, Tammy and Cheeria. Kim's having her evening breathing treatment and then it will be time to pop her into bed. Puppies have all been out. and I'm through quilting for today. I should finish the top tomorrow or Monday, depending on when John gets home and what I do after that. They're hoping to bag some wild pigs this weekend.

I have 5 of the Christmas stockings to do, Tammy.

Definately a busy day for you!

I love those stockings! they are just so darn neat!

Hi all!

Racing was good and I finished the frog tapester, sewed together the 2 flannelghan strips that are done, tried working on more of the teapot cozy, but instructions didn't make sense today, almost finished one sock from "I Can't Believe I'm Crocheting" book an love the way it's turning out.

Got the furples and my bedding all washed, so we all have nice, clean, fresh smelling bedding, at least for tonight.

Speaking of, furples have been out for last call, my eyes are really bothering me, and I'm sleepy. So, GGOOD NIGHT ALL!!! TTYL

Wowzers........... you have been busy today :hook

I can see why your eyes are bothering you. Get some rest my dear! :hug:mdust night night :mdust

Had a good weekend. Left around noon on Friday for Ontario, OR. Dropped the rabbits off at the show room and drove another hour to Meridian/Boise to go eat at Texas Roadhouse...,and yes it was worth the drive!!

Rabbits did pretty good at the show today. Had fun with friends! Drove home after the show was over. It's about a 5.5 hour drive.

Sing with me..on the road again..

¯`·´¯)...............。☆。*。☆。

`·.,(¯`·´¯)..........★。\|/。★

(¯`·´¯).·´(¯`·´¯)...♥ Good Morning ♥

..` ·.·´(¯`·´¯).....★。/|\。★

......`·.,(¯`·´¯)........。☆。¯`·´¯)...............。☆。*。☆。

Tammy- You sure have been busy with all the crocheting you have been doing- plus taking care of your family- and I just don't know how you do it all!! You are definitely like the energizer bunny- you just keep on going!:hug

Cheeria- I hope things are settling down a bit for you! I think of you whenever I pick up yarn or a book since I know you love to shop for those two things (and clothes, too) I hope you have a nice RELAXING "ME" Day today!!!

Mary- That's great that your bunnies did well in the show! :clap And when I'm in my car, in addition to listening to my book on tape, I'll have in the back of my mind "on the road again......":lol

Toni- You sure were a busy hooker yesterday:hook. No wonder your eyes were tired! Hope you got a good night's rest!

I caught up on some shows on DVR last evening and worked on the baby blanket. I think I'm going to put that aside since my middle DD's birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks and she really loves handmade gifts. I'm thinking of making her a shawl or poncho in homespun- I already bought her an ice cream maker which she had mentioned wanting when we were in Boston back in January.

I hope you all have a wonderful do what you want kind of day!!!:hug:hug

'Morning. We got a little more snow overnight. Blech. I can't wait for sunshine & daffodils. Can't decide if I want to sew or crochet today.

I can't wait for some flowers- but at least we have sunshine today!!! I'm definitely snowed out---but at least you have that gorgeous view!!!!:manyheart

Howdy ladies

Read all the posts ...sounds like you all have been keeping busy .We had Cam here til late last night . I guess today I'll get a jump on our book for our other group .

Not anything exciting here. SO glad it is almost March .We have PILES of snow out there yet,but it is supposed to be 50 on tuesday so I am hoping all the snow will melt that day .

Not much else thrilling in my life. Just trying to breathe . Not a good day for that for some reason . :(

No sunshine here. We're expecting a wintry mix overnight. The ice I can definitely live without!

Julie, maybe the coming change in weather is bothering your breathing. I have sinuses that know when the barometer is going to have a big change. (owie)

Morning! Can't believe my furples got me up early this morning. Don't they realize that Sunday is for sleeping later? grrrrrr

Mary, sounds like a good trip but a tiring one.

Tam, you just amaze me with all you do.

Joanne, as soon as my daffy's burst their buds, I'll take pictures to send. It's very dreary here today and expecting thunderstorms later.

Plan to log on to work for a couple of hours to get a leg up on the week and finish some things leftover from last week, then races and crocheting this afternoon. Want to finish the sock and start the mate and finish the 3rd strip to the flannelghan. Having second thoughts about making everyone one of these. Not sure my hands will appreciate it :lol

Hope you all have a wonderful day filled with love, laughter, hugs and lots of hook time :hook

BBL!

:mdustGood Morning, peeps!:mdust

Cheeria, I'm glad you got out for something fun! We need to feed that side of our being or we shrivel up...:yes

Tam, I know how you keep going: it's all that caffeine!:lol

Joanne, a homespun shawl would be wonderful for DD! An oversized one to snuggle down with when she's chilly....:c9:c9

Jules, I hope you have a good day...losing yourself in a book sounds perfect...:hug

Hi, Wrennie and Mary2 and Toni...and Linda..and everyone...:hug:manyheart

Have a wonderful day! BBL.

Archived