Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Now, we're under tornado watch, oh, joy.

Stay safe!!!

Julie- I like the idea of multi quoting as a way to remember what was said- cause as you know- I rarely have pen and paper handy to take notes as I read!!

me too!

Wrennie - How come such a longer trip today?

I had to work at a different branch yesterday. Glad I don't have to go today in this snow.

[quote name=JulieKay;2235913

Let's PRETEND the snow is gone all over' date='and we all have a nice spring /summer day out our window .

Describe your town or area you live in so we can all "see" in our minds what it looks like from YOUR part of the world.:

I had to go back and find this question. I am spoiled. I live in the catskill mountains in a forest preserve. Let me find a picture out my front door.

We were just voted one of the top ten coolest small towns in America in Budget Travel Magazine. You can look on their website.

post-6085-135897631996_thumb.jpg

post-6085-1358976320_thumb.jpg

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning everyone. More snow overnight here.:( Enough already!!!! Looks like the sun is trying to get through now though.

Wrennie, your view is beautiful! That picture of the cabin in the snow looks so tranquil.

I have a long list of house stuff to do today. Besides the usual cleaning I want to clean the refrigerator, and do laundry. I haven't done any laundry since last week Wednesday, so the hampers are full.

Toni, hope the tornados missed you and that the wind didn't do any damage.

Marisa, hope today is a better day. Have fun at the game and at your parents.

Joanne, last day for the week. If I remember correctly, you don't have to work this weekend.

Julie, if Cam's school is closed, will he spend the day with you?

Wrennie

Wow, that is just beautiful up there ! You are so very lucky to have such a gorgeous view .

Cindy

No, Cam didnt come today,and Steph didnt all,so one of 2 things happened -- either they didnt have many appointments today,and may have cancelled them (small dental office, small town, lots of OLD patients) ,OR Steph may have taken Cam to a daycare .They have one right behind her building that takes school age kids on snow days and they have video games and movies for them,so she may have taken him there, because he has a cousin in town one year younger,and thats where he has to go on snow days because no one else can take him ,so sometimes the boys go there together .

I'm guessing he might be here today when she gets out of work if she works, because he comes here lots of Fridays .

I'm stocked up. I bought some new games yesterday to replenish the old ones, so we are good to go. I will pull out one a week to make them last awhile longer .

I've read all the posts but can't remember what everyone said and :think not sure how to make those multiple quote things work :lol

Hi, Toni! Like Julie said there are 3 buttons on the bottom on the right side of everyone's post. If you click on the middle one, the one with the quotation marks on it, it will turn red. Then when you are done reading posts and hit the reply button all of those marked posts will show up and you can comment on them.

I had to go back and find this question. I am spoiled. I live in the catskill mountains in a forest preserve. Let me find a picture out my front door.

We were just voted one of the top ten coolest small towns in America in Budget Travel Magazine. You can look on their website.

Oh, what beautiful pictures! It looks lovely!

John headed off to the doctor's office before going to work today. He hasn't been feeling very good for the last several days, so the doc is going to check him out. Might have an ear infection or some such. The dogs went to the beauty parlor this morning, too, so it's going to be quiet around here today. Kim is sleeping. I've already been next door to let Tillie out and give her her breakfast.

We had rain storms go through early this morning. Now it's just windy and mostly cloudy out.

More signs of spring outside. I saw a whole bunch of motorcyclists last weekend and some old cars were out on the roads, too. There are buds on some of the early trees and bushes. More daffodils are coming up, too. Spring is coming. It's later than usual, but it's coming, and it's not as late as last year. This morning's rain should help perk things up, too.

Hope you all have a good day! :manyheart

***I've gotta feeling..........*** If you know that song---please keep on singin'-----Black eyed peas (for the youngins' hehehehe!)

And---awoke to snow, wth..............that's what I get for praying for nice weather for mine and Aree's lil trek down South this afternoon- we get to deliver the wedding afghan that I made! Yeahhhh!! We are excited to get prettied up tonight!

THANK YOU FOR THE INPUT ON MY QUESTON!! I made the decision last night.....she had to try out for this team so it is competetive. She made the team which says she has skillz! and.......she's going to give it 300% every practice and every game and finish out the season. She doesn't have to do it again next year if she doesn't want. Just because I was the star growing up doesn't mean she has to be. Her personality will get her far enough, I'm sure.

Hope you all have a great day today! I will be here and around until noon my time. If I don't hear from ya'll---here's wishing you a great weekend!!

Wrennie----LOVE the photos!

Looks like I will be spending Christmas this year in Atlanta at my Grandparents w/ our WHOLE family!! My parents are buying our tickets now and I'm paying them back! Gotta love payment plans! I am going to make slippers and hats for everyone and then we are going to take a family photo that we haven't done since us Grand kids were little----most of us now have children! It will be awesome. It is a surprise to our Grandparents, I hope we don't put them in cardiac arrest as we all trickle in little by little! good thing they have a large house but it will be like olden days---some of us bigguns will be on the floor. I'm ok with that- as long as all of us are together. There are only 28 of us total so not tooooo overly large but enough to be like olden days when we would all go to Kansas to Grandparents house! WHOOOOT WHooooT!

Hi Kiyo

Wow, that sounds like a really great way to celebrate Christmas this next year,and you have plenty of time to whip up that many hats or slippers or whichever one you choose .

Now the problem will be knowing everyone's favorite colors, or slipper sizes if that is what you make .

I did that one year for our family reunion. Made 75 winter hats . We have it in June, but it is usually not BAD hot early in June ,so they were wearable that day . Our theme was winter wonderland,so thats why we had the hats.

I hung a clothesline up all along one wall,and hung them all ups o everyone could choose their own.

I had to make some small for little kids and a few baby sized ones -- little bit of everything .. all colors and sizes,but it was fun .

I bet your family will have a blast if they are all as lively as you .

Good morning, peeps!

A very windy and rainy day here!

Kiyo, I see you got your answers and decided on the sports issue.

Our son tried all different sports....we insisted he finish th eyear if it was a team sport. With karate...Tae-KwanDo (sp?) ...he had achieved a black belt at a young age and didn't want to take it any longer, so we let him stop. He wanted to play football, whcih we told him No, at least till he got bigger (he was skinny) so, in 8th grade and at 13yo he joined the local team. They did extremely well and he was recruited by the High School coach - and had a story book championship-filled 4 years.

So....let her follow her heart's desire as best you can...you never know where it'll take her.

And DH NEVER played football. Played baseball well into HS and as an adult studied Japanese style karate - both activities rejected by our son.

We know how it feels.:hug

Oh, my!!!! Unbelievably beautiful!!:c9

Good Morning! Just checking in before I leave for another babysitting day. I told DD she was pushing it this week. :lol As you know, I love every minute with Little Guy, but I'm just a little tired and ready for a catch-up day at home. They have a wonderful babysitter who can come at night, but it's so hard to find someone during the day...and it's hard for me to say no.:c9 Yep, I'm whining. :D

I hope everyone has a wonderful day and I'll check in when I can. :manyheart

~~Julie- As for the colors etc......guess what I said------Bet you can't guess what I said!!! lol------I told my 2 cousins last night-----I really don't give a SSSSSSSSHHHHhush what they have to say- it's all for fun and if they can't take it get outta the kitchen! And.....they know that I will say that the first person who complains. lol

Looks like I will be spending Christmas this year in Atlanta at my Grandparents w/ our WHOLE family!! My parents are buying our tickets now and I'm paying them back! Gotta love payment plans! I am going to make slippers and hats for everyone and then we are going to take a family photo that we haven't done since us Grand kids were little----most of us now have children! It will be awesome. It is a surprise to our Grandparents, I hope we don't put them in cardiac arrest as we all trickle in little by little! good thing they have a large house but it will be like olden days---some of us bigguns will be on the floor. I'm ok with that- as long as all of us are together. There are only 28 of us total so not tooooo overly large but enough to be like olden days when we would all go to Kansas to Grandparents house! WHOOOOT WHooooT!

Oh, wow, Kiyo. Sounds like you're going to have a great time. If it happens to work out with your schedule while you're in Atlanta, maybe we could meet for a couple of hours one of those days. Just a thought, since i don't live that far from Atlanta.

I got the first 2 squares connected of my daughter's quilt ghan connected. It's turning out nicely! :-)

Oh, Peaches, that is looking really awesome!

I had another idea about the quilt and am going to do a little experimenting with it and maybe change it up just a bit to make the big squares pop a bit more. We'll see. If I do it, it will mean taking some of what's done apart and redoing it, but better now than later.

Ms. Linda----that's what i thought too!! Woooo hoooo and I will bring you a "HAPPY TO MEET YOU DOILY"!!! lol- per Julie hehehehe.........I will be there from the wed before Christmas until the wed. after so it's DEFINITELY a possibility!

I got the first 2 squares connected of my daughter's quilt ghan connected. It's turning out nicely! :-)

I like the bright colors...great job!:cheer

Good Morning! Just checking in before I leave for another babysitting day. I told DD she was pushing it this week. :lol As you know, I love every minute with Little Guy, but I'm just a little tired and ready for a catch-up day at home. They have a wonderful babysitter who can come at night, but it's so hard to find someone during the day...and it's hard for me to say no.:c9 Yep, I'm whining. :D

I hope everyone has a wonderful day and I'll check in when I can. :manyheart

I would find it hard to say no, too:yes

Hi Linda

Good luck on the re-design attempt on the quilt .Hope it works out for you and you like it better !

That'd be so nice if you and Kiyo could meet next winter.

Kifo

You have the right idea, just pick out the colors and make them,and they will have to like them . I'm sure they will, since they are made by you .

And dont go passing out your DOILIES to everyone and getting ME in the middle of it

!

If you wanna pass them out, then go ahead,but I aint the one who told you to !

Linda, yup - changing your mind now rather than later is very wise! I have a feeling this quilt is going to be fantastic! You have a wonderful eye.:yes

Wow, my memory's shot :think By the time I finished my previous post and made it to another thread, I forgot to post my pics and answer the question of the day!:eek AND I wrote it in my notes :lol

So as for outside. I live in a community of townhouses (all rentals) and no of which are straight rows as townhouses usually are, but they are clustered and every unit has 2 end walls and 2 adjoined to another unit. The buildings are brick so directly out of my windows I see the next building and walkways. If I go out my door and turn right it goes to a parking lot where the dumpster is and is lined with trees. To the left is a small parking that that I use and the main road coming into the neighborhood. Across that road is a crane company. That road to the right goes to the main road from the interstate into town and that road to the left goes to a small marina on a river and then into a residential neighborhood. Around here in the Philly suburbs, all the towns are quite small and just run one into the next without really know that it changed :lol

And here are the pics of the case I made for my sister and of Mary's yarn, she got 2 of each color :D

Very cool....love the colors. :clap

I'm feeling lazy today for some reason. I panicked yesterday for a bit. Couldn't decide if I liked my quilt pattern or hated it. I had Rosie come over and look at it and that helped me get my perspective back a bit. I've never had a piece judged before and I think it's freaking me out more than a bit. And I need another one and a half inches of the gold neutral fabric. I hope they still have some of it left. Otherwise it's going to be really, really tight getting enough to finish it. :eek

I took pictures of the three Christmas stockings. That's Trouble in the picture with them.

[ATTACH]35428[/ATTACH]

Cute!! :cheer

Here it all is-------my wild car, that is me with my brother- he's 31, lives in Denver--just the 2 of us. And..........my crazy hair.

Love the pics.....awesome car & hair......nice family pic with your bro. :manyheart

I am sorry, I think I'm in a picture sharing mood! lol----

Here is my honey and Freed and I

The photo of Aree and I was last Easter- I made her skirt.

Lemme tell you bout the banana-----that is cardboard and lots and lots of packaging tape lol- at a local ski resort they had their closing day activities and to build a "sled" out of cardboard and tape is all you could use. Originally my x-bil built it for 3 kids to ride down this mtn in....hmmm I ended up riding it down and making front page of newspaper- I'm trying to find the photo w/ me in it- it was great!!! The kids crashed 1/4 the way from the top and I happened to be right there, tossed my camera to my mom and jumped in, afraid I would get stuck lol. Nope, the crowd went wild, it was awesome. Can't say that I will do it again, knowing how the end crash felt lol.

Love, love, love the skirt.....awesome job! Your daughter is beautiful. Nice pics! :manyheart

Stay safe!!!

me too!

I had to work at a different branch yesterday. Glad I don't have to go today in this snow.

Gorgeous! :manyheart

***I've gotta feeling..........*** If you know that song---please keep on singin'-----Black eyed peas (for the youngins' hehehehe!)

And---awoke to snow, wth..............that's what I get for praying for nice weather for mine and Aree's lil trek down South this afternoon- we get to deliver the wedding afghan that I made! Yeahhhh!! We are excited to get prettied up tonight!

THANK YOU FOR THE INPUT ON MY QUESTON!! I made the decision last night.....she had to try out for this team so it is competetive. She made the team which says she has skillz! and.......she's going to give it 300% every practice and every game and finish out the season. She doesn't have to do it again next year if she doesn't want. Just because I was the star growing up doesn't mean she has to be. Her personality will get her far enough, I'm sure.

Hope you all have a great day today! I will be here and around until noon my time. If I don't hear from ya'll---here's wishing you a great weekend!!

Wrennie----LOVE the photos!

singing * that tonight's gonna be a good night.....that tonight's gonna be a good, good night.....tonight's the night, lets live it up, I got my man's money, so lets spend it up (yeah I added man :devil).........

I love that song!! I blast it, sing really loud (cannot sing well at all) & dance around the house........the kids think i'm crazy BUT that is the whole fun of it!! :lol

Very nice!

Well, darn, tried the multiple quote thing and nothing happened. I'll have to keep trying to figure it out. I followed all the instructions too. :( I just opened another tab for right now and going back and forth :D

Storms roared in about 1am. Of course my weather radio had been going off, so I lay in bed with the weather on TV and totally dressed, just in case. The wind was terrible and it blows in off mountain tops, so it is LOUD. About sustained of 30-40 mph. Thank goodness it blew through fast.

So, I got up late, logged on to work, worked and then lay down and slept for 2 hours.

Wrennie, love the pictures out your window!

Ok, that does it, I think. To anyone I missed HIYA!!!

Linda, totally understand about quilt making and redoing to make things "pop" Once I can see again, I am going to get to some WIP's that are calling my name, as well as my sewing machine :lol

Kiyo, sounds like you have a great Christmas planned. Me, only plans are to make flannelghans for each family member this year. Now if only I could find where I put my N hook so I can get back to the one I have started :rofl

Joanne, thank you for your kind words on my hat and tape measures. They are fun to make.

Peachy, that is really looking great!!

Hi, gals....

Today was a lazy day - the weather was even too horrible to take Sparkie out for a walk, so I crocheted. Finished one of the patterns for the combo group for March - wanted to test it.:D And while watching a 1948 movie called The Search, on TV, I worked on the plain filet doily (in #10). I may finish it tonight.

Here's the heart doily pattern made in #3 thread. Very tiny - and not blocked - but it makes a pretty decoration:) Used ecru for the border.

post-8552-135897632503_thumb.jpg

Toni, I hope you find your N hook. I try and have multiples of different sizes because I end up putting one wip aside to work on something else...and the hook often goes with it:lol

Hi, gals....

Today was a lazy day - the weather was even too horrible to take Sparkie out for a walk, so I crocheted. Finished one of the patterns for the combo group for March - wanted to test it.:D And while watching a 1948 movie called The Search, on TV, I worked on the plain filet doily (in #10). I may finish it tonight.

Here's the heart doily pattern made in #3 thread. Very tiny - and not blocked - but it makes a pretty decoration:) Used ecru for the border.

That's so cute.

Judy, love the doily.

As for my hook, I'll find it when I least expect to find it. I do have extra, but that was the one that was my favorite. One good thing, moved my chair, totes of yarn and table out to see if it had fallen and now have not fur bunnies hiding there and cleaned under cushion of chair :lol

Now, it's time to log off and crochet and watch the truck races. I am so glad NASCAR is back, I get so many projects done while watching!

Good night house!!

Hi!

What a day!!!! It was going well until I got a call around 3:30 from my bank wanting to verify some recent activity. Turns out someone had made 4 purchases at a store in NY- totaling close to 400.00. Thank goodness they called- since these are definitely fraudulent charges. They immediately de-activated my debit card and told me to go to a branch office to get a new one.

So on my way home from work, I stopped at the bank and the woman at the bank kept apologizing to me for my trouble. I told her I appreciated the apology, but it wasn't her fault- it was some shady person and I'm grateful that the bank has a good fraud detection unit and called me before the charges got out of control. They have to investigate and I should have the $ back in my acct in a few days.

I asked her how this could happen- I had my card- but had made an online purchase a few weeks ago. She said there are so many ways that someone can get a hold of your debit card #. She suggested that I open another account- since I'm over 50, it's free- no minimum balance and just use that card for online purchases. I can transfer $ from one acct to the "online" account when I want to make a purchase. There is no overdraft so if someone tries to use it, and there is no $ there, the purchase would be declined.

Of course I had just gotten paid yesterday so I am lucky that more $ was not taken out of my account!!!!

Wrennie- Love your view! Gorgeous!!!!

Judy- What a pretty doily! Nice work as always. And yes very windy and yucky out- but at least it wasn't snow!!!!

Linda- I'm sure whatever you decide to do with your quilt is going to be spectacular!!!

Cindy- Did you get done what you wanted to? You are right- I'm off this weekend. I work next weekend (which should be my last) so Monday will begin my "12 day workweek" I'm planning to do my cleaning/laundry tomorrow morning and then take the rest of the weekend to relax, crochet, read, and be lazy!!

Marisa- Enjoy your game and safe travels to your parents!

Mary- You still need some free time, despite the fact that you LOVE being with Luke!!! Hope it was a good day!

Marlene- Thinking of you and wondering what activities you've been doing? How's the PT going?

Cheeria- Hope the boys behaved themselves and made it an easy day for you~

Toni- Glad to hear that the tornado wasn't. Hope you had a good day too~

Kiyo- that would be great if you could meet up with Linda!!! I love meeting up with Judy, Cheeria and Marisa! Have a good weekend and let us know the reaction to the wedding ghan! (I'm sure it will be very well received)

EVerYONE- Have a good evening. I'm off to hook for a bit and try to relax after the excitement of the day~~

See you in the AM~

Archived