Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good evening everyone!

Kiyo- I had to chuckle when you asked how we knew it was your birthday (which of course I forgot in the early morning hours) You mentioned it yesterday!:lol:lol:lol So, this may be a little late but:birthday:cake:bday:birthday:bday:flower The flowers are so pretty! What kind of pies? And how are you feeling? Did you get to the doc?

Wrennie- Love the RR:manyheart It's beautiful!!!

Marisa (got it right this time:lol) I love that sweater that you are going to make and the colors of the yarn are going to be great!!! Have fun with it!!!! Knowing you, it'll be done in a few weeks even if you claim to be slow knitter! LOL Hope you had a good day at work!

Julie- I was glad to see that Cam had a better rest of the day!!! Funny you mentioned games. My soon to be 29 year old middle DD is hosting a game night for her birthday- she and her BF have been having game nights with their friends- and BF makes pizza and they play scrabble and cranium and a few others.

Marlene- I don't know what the cost of gas is down in TX, but here the cheapest I've seen it is now 2.93/gallon- it's just plain crazy!!!! How are you feeling? Are you still going to PT? When do you come home to MI?

Cindy- Hope your day wasn't too crazy busy. My DD said all the records of the patients are electronic at the hospital where she works too- I can see where it would be a concern for patient safety if the computers go down.

Toni- Hope your work day went well. I'm in the same boat. I'll be working forever, I think- hoping to cut down to part time in about 5 years or so. I'm 55 now. When there is an issue with the computers at work, we have to contact the help desk- and often I'm telling them what they need to do- I'd do it myself if I had the permissioning!

Judy- Did you start another project with your new yarn?

Linda- The doily ghan is just gorgeous:manyheart- it's really beautiful!

Mary- :birthday to your DH!!! And linguine and clam sauce sounds so good:drool

Cheeria- Hope you decided to have a "ME" day- whatever it is you decided to do. :hug:hug

BBL

Sweet!

I finished the doily 'ghan and it turned out to between 15 & 16 inches across which is perfect for a preemie 'ghan.

That's so pretty!:clap

Hi, Joanne,

I didn't start a project with the new yarn - yet;) I want to make at least a couple more of those filet heart squares so I can add them to the ones Marisa gave me and make a lapghan.

However, I do see the earth and sky, aruba sea, coffee brown and aran coming together in a RR....:hook

Hi, Joanne,

I didn't start a project with the new yarn - yet;) I want to make at least a couple more of those filet heart squares so I can add them to the ones Marisa gave me and make a lapghan.

However, I do see the earth and sky, aruba sea, coffee brown and aran coming together in a RR....:hook

Oh, those colors together would make a great RR!!!

Forgot to mention- I like the idea of getting bibs for both teams and cutting it in half!!!

Oh, those colors together would make a great RR!!!

I just have to decide if I'm going to use the 12 points or not...and in what order to put the colors... the 12 point pattern is sometimes a good one to use because of how easy it is to decide on where to change the colors.

Forgot to mention- I like the idea of getting bibs for both teams and cutting it in half!!!

;)

John's mom is in the hospital now. She went in over the weekend, but seems to be doing fairly well now. Not sure just what is going on, but would appreciate if you'd keep her in your prayers. Her heart isn't real good.

Good evening ladies, I'm home :clap

It was a pretty busy day today, which always makes it go quicker :D I may just try to start my sweater tonight :think If not that, then I'll get back to work on my sisters socks, oh and I still have to finish up the hook case I made her too :yes

Julie - Glad to hear that Cam's mood improved :hug Your game challenge sounds fun.

Linda - Beautiful doily ghan :manyheart Sending prayers for John's mom and good news that she's starting to do a bit better :hug

Kiyo - Very pretty flowers and those pies :drool I want some!!!!! If I open wide at the monitor, will you push a piece through :think:lol

Judy - Thanks for sharing advice :hug

Joanne - my friend Kathy, the one in Newark, has game nights too :lol

Joanne - my friend Kathy, the one in Newark, has game nights too :lol

Maybe it's a Newark thing!!!:lol:lol

Good luck with the sweater if you decide to start tonight!!! I'm getting ready to settle in and work some more on the baby ghan.

Have a good night!

John's mom is in the hospital now. She went in over the weekend, but seems to be doing fairly well now. Not sure just what is going on, but would appreciate if you'd keep her in your prayers. Her heart isn't real good.

Prayers being said and positive thoughts!!!!

lady's night at church tonight. I made a divine hat to take to give away! It turned out really nice. Used Brett C Marble yarn. I LOVE that stuff...

What a pretty hat!!! I've never used that yarn----but it sure looks nice!!!!

lady's night at church tonight. I made a divine hat to take to give away! It turned out really nice. Used Brett C Marble yarn. I LOVE that stuff...

Gorgeous :manyheart I don't think I've ever heard of that yarn :think I'll have to look it up :D

Good morning and Happy Hump Day to all!!!!

Mary 2- From the "right' side, starting the day out here!!!

Julie- Interesting BL episode last night! I'm not sure I agree with the Black team throwing the weigh in by gaining weight just so that they protect their children. I don't get how you can gain weight doing all that exercise, though.Especially the one who gained 8 lbs!!! Anyway it should be an interesting episode next week. I'm sending positive thoughts your way for today!!!!!:hug

Kiyo- Did you have a nice rest of your birthday? Hope you are feeling better today!!!

I'll be back later this evening. I have my hair cut/get rid of the gray appointment after work today!!!

:hug

Morning all

Mary 2

Very pretty hat ! I think the yarn is pretty too ,and so is the pattern .

Joanne

Yea, BL was good -- I dont know if you caught it, but once when the black team was doing final workout on the treadmill things, the mom who got kicked off wasnt doing hers,she was standing on the edges . Not sure how she slid by Jillian ,but if they would slide a little on their exercise,then sneek some extra food in ,they could probably gain some weight back .

I know it was odd the way they deicded to do it ,but that mom was looking pretty good anyhow,so she didnt have a lot left to lose like some of the others .

A shout out to everyone else ..May not be on much today . Got my first appt today at a new Dr,new town,not even sure where the place is,so will have to leave extra early to find it ... plus I cant think about much else til I get this over with. I hate things like this when you have no clue what they will do,or how long ,or if I come home and LEAK out of every hole in my body when i take a drink . I know they will be doing extensive bloodwork. Steph used to work for a clinic like this,and she said they take TWENTY tubes of blood .

I'm bringing a case of coke with me so my veins will have fluid in them on the way home . Just wish it was over ... GEEZ how in the heck I get myself into this stuff I have no clue .

Anyhow, enough of that ...

Question of the Day :

I'm sure we can all think of nice peaceful quiet sounds we like to hear ,like birds tweeting ,a soft wind blowing .... . What is your favorite LOUD sound ?

Mine is a laughing baby .

Sweet!

I finished the doily 'ghan and it turned out to between 15 & 16 inches across which is perfect for a preemie 'ghan.

That is really pretty!

Wrennie- Love the RR:manyheart It's beautiful!!!

Thank you!

Never heard of that yarn. Sure made a pretty hat.

Question of the Day :

I'm sure we can all think of nice peaceful quiet sounds we like to hear ,like birds tweeting ,a soft wind blowing .... . What is your favorite LOUD sound ?

Hmmm, I'm torn....

That'd be either my music :2rock or the roar of a Harley.

Good morning ladies :hi

Being quick since I'm running late. But, that's because I made some banana bread this morning.....well, more of a cake :think To cut down the cooking time :lol I've been waiting for these bananas to get ripe enough for 2 weeks!!! :eek And finally they yelled to me when I came down this morning. I have a sixers game tonight :clap so won't be back until the morning so I hope you all have a wonderful day and Julie - my thoughts are with you at the new dr today :hug :hug :hug

Good morning, peeps!

Marisa, have fun tonight - and the baana cake sounds yummy!

Hi, Wrennie, and Mary2 (I love your hat - I still have stash of the Marble yarn...make beautiful scarves)

Oh....John must be so worried. Hugs for him and prayers and positive thoughts.:manyheart

I know they will be doing extensive bloodwork. Steph used to work for a clinic like this,and she said they take TWENTY tubes of blood .

I'm bringing a case of coke with me so my veins will have fluid in them on the way home . Just wish it was over ... GEEZ how in the heck I get myself into this stuff I have no clue .

ick!:( I was so thankful the tech found my vein immediately yesterday - that hasn't happened in I don't remember when. Not even a bruise - I hope you get a good tech:hug:manyheart:hug

Anyhow, enough of that ...

Question of the Day :

Definitely a baby's laugh:D

Good Morning, everyone. :)

Thank you for DH's birthday wishes...he is used to my talking about you all and thought that was so nice! :manyheart

Kiyo ~ Your day sounds like it was a good one! The flowers are beautiful. 'Hope you're feeling better. :yes

Julie ~ We'll all be thinking of you today. :hug

Linda ~ Oh, the doily ghan is so pretty! Your work is stunning - and I love the colors. I hope John's mom is going to be okay...and will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

Mary ~ Great job on the hat! :clap The yarn/colors look wonderful. :yarn

Marisa ~ Have fun at the game tonight. This is the first year in a long time that we haven't gone to at least one Mavericks' game. The drive to Dallas may be the reason. :lol

Hi to all my House friends!

Better get busy - I'm taking care of Luke at their house today. :c9

Beautiful hat Mary on the West Coast.

Good luck with the new doctor today, Julie.

Have fun with Luke, Texas Mary.

How are you feeling today, Kiyo? Did you end up going to the doctor?

THe sun is out so I'm a happy camper today. Should be a nice day. I've started on Christmas stocking #4 now. I've got the two toe squares crocheted. They're the ones with 10 tails each to hide. I think I'm going to work on the challenge quilt some today, too. And Princess needs a bath. Oh, dear. It's going to be a busy day again.

Hope everyone has a good day. :manyheart

Archived