Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good Morning, everyone. :) Love reading all the answers to Julie's questions and the other posts, too.

Judy ~ Both lapghans are wonderful! Did you finally break down and buy some yarn? :D Sparkie looks like such a sweetie. :yes

Tabby ~ :lol You are too funny. ;) I really like the saying under your signature. :manyheart

Wrennie ~ Your RR is gorgeous! The colors are wonderful together. :clap

Marisa ~ Beautiful yarn and a great sweater pattern. :hook

Cheeria ~ :hug I hope things will get better soon. We're here for you and will be thinking about you. :hug

Julie ~ Have a good day with Cam!

For those of you getting more snow - stay safe and warm. It's been in the 70's here, but it's way too dry and wildfires are a threat again. :(

Today is DH's Birthday, too. We will probably celebrate with DD and SIL this weekend. I think I'll make linguini with clams or spaghetti tonight. :)

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning peeps!

Back from getting annual blood work done, I made pancakes for breakfast and the sheets are in the wash.:D

And Giants shirts and Devils shirts and Rutgers shirts!!!:lol Was actually online last night looking at bibs for all my teams!!! He will definitely be a Yankee fan- the one concern is the hockey- with my SIL and all his brothers and Dad being huge Rangers fans- but I'll make sure the NJ Devils are represented!:yes

what about buying a bib from each team and cutting them in half to make each side different??

Can't wait to hear what you got at Michaels!!!!

Nothing exciting: some Earth and Sky and Aruba Sea ... to flesh out what I already have:devil I think I'll be back there this week, though:lol

Cheeria, hugs to you sweetie...and I hope you decide to go to AC today - a change of scene witll do you good, I think:hug:manyheart

Cindy, parkie is a hoot: every time I put a towel down to catch the muddy paw prints he thinks it's there for him to lay on - and I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that he has about 3 areas in the house where blankies are laid out for him:lol:lol

Marisa, great shopping skills! I love the look of that yarn, too:yes

Wrennie, your RR is terrific!:clap Did you mention who it was for? It seems we're always giving away our best work:lol

OK...back to work for me. BBL!

~~GoOd MoRnInG my friends!~~~ THANK YOU FOR THE BDAY WISHES!!!(sounds goofy but where do you see it to know? lol only way I knew before to tell people was.....i followed you all!) I haven't had a chance to really browse much in here so that might be a good place to start! yOU'RE AWESOME!

ooOOPS,,.....I hit the post button a little too soon---I think I'm in trouble today- yes, on my bday. I think i BETTER get my square bottom to the doctor. I woke up this morning feeling like someone punched me in the left lung and my throat and gillygopper and tonsils are so swollen they are touching. WTH???? I don't get sick like this but I hope I'm not getting tonsilitis!!!!

~~Cheeria--I'm sorry times are troubling right now, we are here for you, you know that!You're in my prayers

~~Melissa/Marissa hehehehe, I love that yarn and pattern- maybe you could whip me up one since I don't knit---and we could trade????? lol

Good Morning Ladies,

Thought I was going to be able to do my posting but DS called and now it's time for me to get ready to go up to the club house. Were taking down Valentines decorations. BBL Have a nice day everyone!

I'm baaaaack!!

It looks like it starting to pick up in here already :clap

Kiyo - :bday And yep, you better get yourself checked out if your tonsils are that swollen!!!! Now missy :yes You must know that I am just at the beginning stage skills of my knitting :think Although I learned that at the same time I learned to crochet, I kind of veered toward the crochet :yes We'll see how this goes. Overall, the pattern is just simple stitches and looks do-able for me :xfin

Wrennie - Beautiful rr :manyheart

Cindy - I'm ATTEMPTING the Lion Brand Saturday morning hoodie, more like a jacket....here's the link if you'd like to see what it SHOULD look like :lol

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/70084AD.html?r=1\

Julie - Wow!! 8" of snow. We only got a light covering :whew but that reminds me that I do still have to go clean off the car :think Thanks for the reminder. I'm sure you'll find a way to cheer Cam up :hug :hug :hug

mary 1 - :bday to dh and your dinner options sound scrumptous :drool

Judy - I like your idea about the hockey bib :lol:devil Let me say that my sister promotes the Steelers with my nephews and I the Eagles :lol My SIL is such a good sport that they wear the coordinating jerseys for the game time and if they play at the same time, they switch at half time!!! :rofl Well, at least it works while they're younger, but will be forming their own opinions soon :think And you got me thinking now since you said about ds being in a gym, as I was working out this morning, I thought that idea might be worth exploring into :think Thanks :hug:lol I actually interviewed at a couple of those before accepting this offer where I'm at now, I can't believe that option just flew out of my head. I have to keep my mind open to all possibilities right now and find the one that's calling out to me :yes

I hope you all have a great day and I'll catch ya later

~~GoOd MoRnInG my friends!~~~ THANK YOU FOR THE BDAY WISHES!!!(sounds goofy but where do you see it to know? lol only way I knew before to tell people was.....i followed you all!) I haven't had a chance to really browse much in here so that might be a good place to start! yOU'RE AWESOME!

Hi! You can go to "User CP" at the top of the page - then under "Your Profile" you can edit details. I'm still learning about this place after 4 years!

:hugSo sorry you're feeling bad on your birthday. :hug I hope the Dr. can help you feel better quickly!

Hi House just stopping by for a sec to let you all know I was thinking of you. :hug I haven't been around in the last few days for my husband and myself was experiencing some personnal problems in our family that we had to deal with and it is very intense. I didn't read any posts, for I'm tired, down in the dumps and have a tension headache. Tomorrow I'm suppose to be going to Atlantic City with a friend but I really don't feel like going, my DH feels it will be good for me to get away from this situation for a while. :think Sorry I can't share this with you all for it is seriously personnal, but I will get thur it. I have been working on my doily ghan and I love how it look. Nite House Family. :hug

:hug :hug :hug :hug We're here for you, Cheeria. Hope the chaos clears up quickly. Family problems are always the hardest to deal with, IMO.

I took a pic of the yarn I picked up for my sweater, I'll take a pic of mary's yarn at work since I left it in the car :lol And, here is the link to the pattern that I'm hopeful this yarn will become :xfin

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/70084AD.html?r=1

Love the yarn and it should look awesome with that pattern. Way to go, girl! :clap :clap :clap

Heres the afghan I was talking about way back there.

Don't have time to read now, have to get going.

Wrennie, that is an absolutely fabulous RR! :clap :clap :clap

My doily 'ghan is down to about 3 more rows now. Looking good, IMO. :lol

I'm going to work on the Challenge Quilt some today and the doily 'ghan. Princess has to have her weekly bath, too. Pretty much a quiet rest of the week here.

Julie----I'm sorry but your denture clacking story has me almost wetting my pants from laughing! There is nothing more funny and the more they talk you try not to laugh and it's all downhill from there!.

Hi Ladies,

Joanne, Your not being nosy at all. Were taking the rv home. There is a couple here in the park and they are interested in buying it if we want to sell it. I wanted to take it home and use it the salt in the air down here is bad on everything. It rusts everything. Now that gas is on the rise again I would just soon sell it and get a smaller trailer to be able to camping in. Hubby isn't sure what he wants to do.

Your DD will enjoy the baby book you got her. My DD had one and they are a good book. There also is a website www.parents.com that has lots of things about the baby developing and all the stages they go through after birth. She and I really enjoyed it.

Your going to love being a Grandma!

Cheeria, :hug Sorry things are going on in the family. Hope it all settles down soon. We will be here for you when you can get back here.

Mary2, Your doilyghan is beautiful!

Linda, You got a good haul on books at the library. :clap Good new from the kidney doctor.

Judy, The lapghans are beautiful and Sparkie is adorable.

Marisa, The boys are so cute with there ghans and socks. Madeline is a cutie to and your sweater is adorable on her. You've picked out some nice yarn and a nice sweater pattern to.

Cindy, That's nice they have people who can pick employees up when the weather is nasty. It could save a lot of stress for some not driving in the mess. When I was working at the dry cleaners in Lansing. I told my employees ( I was the manager) don't even think of calling in and telling me you can't get to work. I live an hour away and I will be here you live in the city you will be here to. I can come and get you if you want me to. No one called in. I didn't have that many days that were bad over the 3 three years. If hubby didn't work I would give myself and extra 45 minutes in case I had troubles or traffic accidents.

Toni, That's great you can work from home.

Mary 1, Please keep that rain right up there.

Wrennie, Your not a misfit at all. I'll be 55 in April. I have a brother your age. Your just a younger sibling. So come on in and have fun with your older sisters.

Julie, It's easy to bring home more from the store than you have on your list. I hope you were able to brighten Cam's mood today. I'll bet he's all better now.

Tam, All the blankets/ghans are beautiful. The orange is so bright and cheery. Congrats to your sons.

Kiyo, Sounds like last weekend wasn't one of your better delivering times. Sorry your sick on your birthday. And maybe your bf is renting a car and that is why he doesn't have to give you a definite day.

We got all the decorations down and tomorrow we will decorate for St. Patrick's Day.

DD called and she lost power sunday night at midnight. She got some snow but then they got freezing rain. I reported it for her to the energy co. and they said wednesday night at 11 pm before she would be restored. Luckily for her she has a friend there and her and Maya are staying with her and her son as they have power. She only lost hers for a few hours. But her parents had power and the girls would of gone there. The mall didn't lose power. She lives just a few blocks from there. So almost everything east of the mall lost there power. Her friend she met just a couple of months before she moved to where she lives. She trained her and she is from the town DD lives in now. God puts things together in mysterious ways. Otherwise she only know the people she works with.

DS ended up with 8-10" same as are area where we live.

I think I'll go do some paper work that needs my attention. Have a nice day everyone!

I have had a great day here at work- My mom, who works with me had one of my good friends who owns a local flower shop make me this flower arrangement and then the office got me balloons, a Symphony bar (my fav) and my choice of lunch. And.......pies!!! yum yum yum.....:manyheart

post-35667-135897631127_thumb.jpg

post-35667-135897631141_thumb.jpg

Hi guys

Sorry I didnt get aa chance to check in much today. Cam just left,and his mood did improve with the day.Me and him had Challenge Slingo matches on our computers ,so he loved that.He never played it before .

Kiyo

Your flowers are so pretty ! We had daisies in our wedding ---mine all white, the girls died pink,blue and yellow ..

Hope you enjoy your pies !

Howdy to everyone else,and a Happy birthday to Mary's husband --- I'm a little slow on the uptake today ....will try to do better in the next day or 2 .

Tomorrow is my visit to the rheumatologist so my brain is also tending to lean in that direction,which I would rather it wouldnt do,especially since this will be the first time there and finding out what the heck is wrong with me .

Anyhow, I am trying not to think or talk much about it,because I automatically think the worst . You guys know me ....

Well, gotta get some spaghettios fired up for supper. Will stop in later !

Judy - you got me thinking now since you said about ds being in a gym, as I was working out this morning, I thought that idea might be worth exploring into :think Thanks :hug:lol I actually interviewed at a couple of those before accepting this offer where I'm at now, I can't believe that option just flew out of my head. I have to keep my mind open to all possibilities right now and find the one that's calling out to me :yes

Yup....be open to whatever you think will get your foot in the door. DS went in with another doctor and over th e7 years the other doctor (our age) phased out of the one office so (though small) it's entirely his own. The gym also provides high visibilty and a source of clients.

You'll be fine...it's just a nervous time till you get it all figured out.

I have had a great day here at work- My mom, who works with me had one of my good friends who owns a local flower shop make me this flower arrangement and then the office got me balloons, a Symphony bar (my fav) and my choice of lunch. And.......pies!!! yum yum yum.....:manyheart

Ahhh...sweet:c9:c9:c9

Sweet!

I finished the doily 'ghan and it turned out to between 15 & 16 inches across which is perfect for a preemie 'ghan.

post-9295-135897631198_thumb.jpg

Archived