Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Ms. Linda----that's what i thought too!! Woooo hoooo and I will bring you a "HAPPY TO MEET YOU DOILY"!!! lol- per Julie hehehehe.........I will be there from the wed before Christmas until the wed. after so it's DEFINITELY a possibility!

COOL!!! I look forward to it. We'll make more definite plans when it gets closer. :manyheart

Hi, gals....

Today was a lazy day - the weather was even too horrible to take Sparkie out for a walk, so I crocheted. Finished one of the patterns for the combo group for March - wanted to test it.:D And while watching a 1948 movie called The Search, on TV, I worked on the plain filet doily (in #10). I may finish it tonight.

Here's the heart doily pattern made in #3 thread. Very tiny - and not blocked - but it makes a pretty decoration:) Used ecru for the border.

Very pretty, Judy.

Yep, the quilt is a partial re-do. I cut some skinny (1/4 inch) strips of black and laid them out on the quilt pieces to decide if it would do what I wanted or not. It does! So detached two of the big squares and cut them down just a bit and added the border on two sides and reattached them. Have detached the 4 block center section and will cut it down and border it tomorrow. One side section for the center is done and the other side is in 5 pieces that have to be ironed and then joined together. With luck I'll have this much all back together some time tomorrow. I'll also be adding a skinny inner border in black which will really help to complete the picture. Thanks for all your encouragement. It helps! :manyheart The quilt had a "muddy," "run-together" feeling before, and now it doesn't.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Linda-

I'm so happy that your idea of what you wanted to do actually looks like you wanted it to! This is going to be so beautiful and I'm so happy to be here cheering you on and hearing about the your progress with it!!!!

Hi, gals....

Today was a lazy day - the weather was even too horrible to take Sparkie out for a walk, so I crocheted. Finished one of the patterns for the combo group for March - wanted to test it.:D And while watching a 1948 movie called The Search, on TV, I worked on the plain filet doily (in #10). I may finish it tonight.

Here's the heart doily pattern made in #3 thread. Very tiny - and not blocked - but it makes a pretty decoration:) Used ecru for the border.

Very pretty......I made that in cotton last year & you're right it makes a cute decoration. :yes

Hi everyone! First of all I have to apologize for my inability to keep up with you all.:blush I do come in a read everyone's posts, but just haven't had the energy to post myself.:( Life is just kinda blah at the moment and really not sure where I want to go with my life. It would be a novel if I tried to explain everything and I don't want to bore everyone with the details!:lol

Anyway, since there have been way to many posts to reply to, I just want to say that everyone's projects look wonderful and all the pictures of children and grandchildren are sweet!!!!:manyheart

Well, I'm going to go crawl into bed and read for a while. It's supposed to get in the mid 20's tonight....cold for my area!

Take care everyone and talk at you soon.:hug

Good morning all

Too early in the morning to repsond to everyone, besides it is 4:30 AM -- Cam spent the night,Sam didnt sleep well last night,so I just got up,Sam went back in to try to sleep some more,then Cam came in wide awake at 4:30 ,so this is starting out to be an odd morning .

Will have to go and see if I can get Cam to go back to bed. He is up WAY too early .

Joanne

Glad you got the bank card thing straighttened out -- that is one of my big worries that it will happen to us. Hope it never does. I also wonder how these people get your account number ,etc .

Trish

I hope things improve for you . I hate that "unsettled " type feeling ,like it sounds like you have . Hope it rights itself soon so you are back on track .

Will come in and post more later /Gotta see if Csm will lay back down,and gotta be really quiet so he and Sam will go back to sleep for a bit /

Good morning. I also think that I am up way to early, and it's already after 7. I see that we had more snow last night. I'm so tired of snow.

Not sure what I will do today. DD worked last night, so she will be sleeping today, so whatever it is, it will be quiet.

Good Morning, peeps!

Joanne, that thing with the bank fraud is scary! good thing they called you immediately - and BEFORE canceling your card (as my bank did - which was very embarrassing when I tried to use it). Did you open the other account??

Linda, on thinking back to the pic you posted I can see how the changes you're making to the quilt will work. Great idea!

TrishH, I found it very hard to keep up when I first joined. I landed on a very busy thread, too - one that Jule started:lol

...and not knowing what direction you want to go...I can identify with that restless feeling.

As Joseph Cambell said: Follow your bliss.

Hi Ladies,

I read todays post but I'm going to go to bed. I have a headache and have to be up to the kitchen at 6. It's breakfast in the morning.

Have a good weekend!

I hope you had a good night and your headache disappeared! Knowing you have to get up that early can't make it easy for you to relax, I'm sure:hug:manyheart

Good morning. I also think that I am up way to early, and it's already after 7. I see that we had more snow last night. I'm so tired of snow.

Not sure what I will do today. DD worked last night, so she will be sleeping today, so whatever it is, it will be quiet.

Sounds like a perfect day to craft!:D...or read...;)

Good morning!!!

Wow- can't believe I slept until 7:45 AM!! It's been a long time since I slept in!:lol I know- it's really not late, but it's late for me!:yes

Julie- I hope you were able to get Cam to go back to sleep- you are so right 4:30 AM is tooo early for an 8 year old!!!:eek Will he be with you all day today? How is he liking his new computer? ---yea, I know- silly question! The lady at the bank said that if I ordered something online and used the debit card, that may be the way the scoundrel got my card #. Who knows how these things happen. It kind of made me feel disillusioned about people and violated. But today is a new day- and life goes on.!:yes

Cindy- Have a nice, relaxing quiet day- sounds like the perfect reason to craft or read- nice quiet activities!!!

Trish- Sorry that you are going through a rough patch, and I'm glad you stopped by to say hi!

I went outside this morning to check out the temp- not bad- guess it's just above freezing. It was windy last night and a piece of the molding around one of the front windows is hanging off. I think we'll be able to push it back in through the inside of the window. I hope so, because neither DH or I are getting up on a ladder. I have a bi-level and of course it's an upstairs window!

Off to have another:coffee and start the :wash

BBL!

Good Morning, peeps!

Joanne, that thing with the bank fraud is scary! good thing they called you immediately - and BEFORE canceling your card (as my bank did - which was very embarrassing when I tried to use it). Did you open the other account??

Yes, I was very glad they called me. As soon as they noticed the activity- four purchases in a short amt of time. I was definitely happy about that! Especially since I was stopping at ACM on my way home to buy a few skeins of Vanna Baby on sale for 1.99. And if they had deactivated me acct without telling me, I would have been in a panic!! (and embarrassed too) Well, that never happened since my first stop on the way home was the bank. Needless to say, I didn't get to ACM- but maybe that was meant to be--- I really don't need more yarn.:lol

I did open the second account and it will only be used for online purchases and it has only a few dollars in it.

Good morning, housemates. The sun is shining but it's a lot colder than it's been in a while. By the way, last night when I was picking the puppies up from the groomers I saw the first daffodils in bloom. :yay They are the ones in the sheltered spots and always the first to open up, but it was a thrill to see them. :yay

The doctor's verdict on John is that he needs to get his eyes checked. But even more to the point he's put himself under so much stress lately, especially with Kim being so sick, that his ulcer is acting up again. He and Mark are on the way to the hunting cabin to get it organized and cleaned up for turkey hunting season which starts the last weekend in March. Hopefully that will give him a needed change of pace and let him relax a bit. They'll be back tomorrow afternoon.

I'm going to be working more on the quilt and hope to have a picture of the new and improved version later today. :devil

Linda- I hope that a weekend doing what he loves doing will help him de-stress!! I think that's a lesson for all of us- when life is handing you stressful situations, the best thing to do is something that you love doing! Crochet is that outlet for me- that---and reading!

Oh, lucky gal seeing a daffodil- no pokes through the ground of any flowers yet, but if they are starting in your area- I guess it won't be too much longer now before we start seeing them.

Only a few more weeks till daylight savings time-(March 13) which to me always signifies that we are definitely on the way to spring!!:flower

ETA- Just noticed your avatar Linda- lovely daffodils!!!!

Good Morning House!!! (in my best Robin Williams impression of Good Morning Vietnam) :lol

Joanne, glad your bank has a good fraud unit. How scary. It could have been from online, it could have been in a restaurant and somone had one of those gadgets they scan your card with, it could be anywhere. Thieves are very innovative in ways to take your hard earned money. If they would take that knowledge and use it for good, imagine what they could do!

Cindy, I slept in too, 7am. Usually am up at 5 or 6.

Linda, glad the black is adding the "zing" you were hoping for. Sometimes it's the smallest change that makes the difference, like adding a border or color.

Glad John is getting away for a while. Stress can create such havoc on your body. Crocheting is my destressor. It saw me through quitting smoking and it's seeing me through this cancer thing. It is my yoga.

Marlene, hope your headache is better this morning.

Trish, hope your unsettled feeling is resolved soon.

Walked around outside a bit yesterday and daffy's are definitely getting ready to bloom, crocus are blooming, forsythia is budding and so are the maples. Just hope my red bud tree made it through this winter. It was a bday gift from my mom and sister last year.

Today will be a crocheting and washing clothes day for me. Lots of racing stuff on. so should be able to finish the frog tapester, tea cozy and sewing the first two strips of the flannelghan together. Maybe even getting the third strip finished.

BBL

Happy Saturday, Ladies. :manyheart Luke and I had lots of fun yesterday...of course once I got there and saw his big smile, I forgot how tired I was. :lol We went for a walk to their park and talked about the birds, trees and everything else. :)

Joanne ~ I'm so sorry about the identity theft. :( We have had ours stolen twice and you really do feel violated! Did your bank tell you to go to the Federal Trade Commission site and report it? Ours did and one of the cases was investigated and solved by our district attorney's office. Thankfully, we weren't out any money, but it was a lot!

Toni ~ Enjoy watching the races and time with your hook! :hook

Linda ~ Yay for daffodils! We have some just starting to bloom in the neighborhood. :)

Peaches ~ Your quilt ghan is wonderful! WTG on the great start. :clap

Wrennie ~ Oh my - what a gorgeous setting for your home. :yes I'll bet you love getting up every day and looking outside.

As usual lately, I'm not keeping up very well. :blush I think my sister and I are meeting at the parents today. I'd rather be crocheting. ;)

Toni

Sounds like you have a wonderful day planned. That's how my Sunday's were during football season- tv on with the games and crochet in hand.

Crochet is my Yoga too!!!!:hook

Judy- First NY Yankee pre-season game is on today at 1PM! Yankees vs Phillies!!! Hoping that we get to watch it- the encore is on at 11:30 PM so that isn't an option- :lol

Good morning ladies :hi

Just a quick check in to let you all know my sixers won last night, and we made it to my parents safely. I skimmed through the posts. All the pics I saw were great. Joanne, good thing your bank got that quick :whew I won't use my debit card online at all and only try to use the same card too :D

Gotta run, going to get these dead ends chopped this morning :lol

Well, until the races come on, I'm doing bedding, mine and the furples, in washer and dryer :lol Need to make effort to do something around the house. Glad the furples don't mind the Irish lace in the corners or the fur dust bunnies :rofl :rofl

we're off to the races. I've been working on the quilt and the middle is now 3/4 done! Going to take a break now for a bit and give my back a rest.

post-9295-135897632708_thumb.jpg

Sounds like lots of fun stuff in the works for the weekend for most of you.

Sorry about the theft, Joanne, and thank goodness it was caught so quickly.

Good Morning!

Julie-Thanks-I'll be back to my normal obnoxious self soon! Just need to clear my head!:lol Sounds like you had a unusual morning, hope the rest of your day settles down!

Cindysleeping in is always good!

Judy-I think I'm just too independent and don't like to follow any "rules"!:eek

Joanne-Glad your bank pays attention to that kind of stuff! Mine probably would never notice! I'm with you on the:morcoffee and :wash!

Linda-Stress takes such a toll on our bodies! Hope he can relax and setle down a bit. :flower it's so great to see that spring is trying to get here. Your quilt is lovely!

Toni-Thanks! Yeah for flowers!

Mary-sounds like yuo had a nice day with Luke!

Marisa-glad you made it safely!

Well, off to do my Saturday thing. Got to take ds to his dad's, dd to her friend's, go to the grocery store, get some more laundry done and then try to sit and relax for the rest of the day. Start my short work week tomorrow and it's never fun to get up at 5 a.m.! Kinda blows any plans you might have for Sat. night. I'll try and pop back in later. Have a great day!:hug

Linda, that's a great look on the quilt!

Judy- First NY Yankee pre-season game is on today at 1PM! Yankees vs Phillies!!! Hoping that we get to watch it- the encore is on at 11:30 PM so that isn't an option- :lol

Ready to watch it right now:)...till we head out later on. By then the subs will be in,]...

Good morning ladies :hi

Just a quick check in to let you all know my sixers won last night, and we made it to my parents safely. I skimmed through the posts. All the pics I saw were great. Joanne, good thing your bank got that quick :whew I won't use my debit card online at all and only try to use the same card too :D

Gotta run, going to get these dead ends chopped this morning :lol

I use my AMEX lots of times for online purchases. They're really on top of things,

Off for a while now....BBL

Lovely quilt Linda- it's really looking great!!!

Watching the Yankee game now- missed the first inning because I was at the library getting an audiobook for the Combo Challenge! Time to hook a bit.

I usually use my AMEX too, Judy- don't know why I didn't this last time!

See you later!

Archived