Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey there miss Kiyo

You sound like quite the cook ! Are you a made-from-scratch type cook ? So many younger girls don't cook much at all ,or they make the heat it up stuff . I do a lot of that myself,since there's only the 2 of us and after this many years I am mighty sick of anything under the heading of Housewife Chores : cooking, dishes,laundry ,sweeping,dusting ...YEK .

Sometimes the mood hits me,so I get a lot done ,but then I go for awhile doing as little as possible. I keep the house looking "neat",so when people stop in,they always think I am a hardworking housewife. Boy,do I have THEM fooled !

Luckily Sam could care less .He's not the picky type ...

uhhhhh---no betty crocker here, sorry! I can cook ok but it's hard to cook for just me on the weekends and Aree she's hit some picky state so I tell her she can go hungry! Next thing I know she is munching on a can of vienna weiners. I am like OMG are you kidding me??!!! YUCCCCK! Good thing she doesn't eat them often, they are NOT healthy!

I just made teryaki chicken and rice and veggies the other night though! Yummmmy

Hi, Kiyo! It turned out okay. And yes the sauce had lots of garlic. Onion and chicken in it, too. And lots of spices. The flavor of the squash isn't really like squash or pasta, but the texture turned out well. Much better than the last time I tried it. Doing it in the microwave really worked well.

I've got a headache today, so haven't accomplished a lot so far. But Kim is being taken care of and so are the puppies, so that's okay. I finished a book last night and started another one this morning. Have to make more of Kim's tea mixture as soon as the pan I cooked the sauce in is clean. It's soaking at the moment. :D I may try to finish the borders on the quilt after a bit. Then I'll put some of the scraps together to practice the quilting on.

Hi again. :)

Cheeria ~ :hug I hope you feel better very soon. Hopefully, the doctor will be able to help. :yes I thought of you when our paper had an article about weaving...it's growing popularity and great pictures!

Linda ~ Oh, the recipe sounds great! I use a lot of garlic and love it in so many things. :) I hope your headache goes away quickly. :manyheart

Hi Kiyo! Are you working on anything special now?

Julie ~ I'm glad you all are safe and dry...they've been showing pictures of Ohio throughout the day.

Well, happy to report that after 3 more hours and two calls to AT&T, I have wireless again! :woo What a pain! :lol I have so many things that I need to be doing, but I sure can't be without you guys! :D

~~ Hey Mary~~ Im always special!!! teee hee.......ooooops you mean crocheting anything special???? I'm actually getting started on the 25 sets of hats and slippers for my family for Christmas this next year! PLUS---I want to have 400 hats, scarves & mittens (not 400 ea. total!!) to donate to the homeless shelter this next October so I'm on a mission.

~~ Hey Mary~~ Im always special!!! teee hee.......ooooops you mean crocheting anything special???? I'm actually getting started on the 25 sets of hats and slippers for my family for Christmas this next year! PLUS---I want to have 400 hats, scarves & mittens (not 400 ea. total!!) to donate to the homeless shelter this next October so I'm on a mission.

:lol You are special! Silly me - now I remember your telling us about the Christmas gift marathon! And that is wonderful to have a goal for the donations. Can any of us help? - or is it your personal goal? :manyheart

Wow, thats an ambitious goal. Good for you!

Hi. peeps...

Been out all day with family stuff that had to be dealt with and I just read through the posts, but really don't have the energy to answer everyone.

Off I go for today. It's time to pick up my hook since I'm too tired to read...

:hug:manyheart

Hello friends!!

Just read through the posts and it's time to get dinner going. Another long day in Paradise- but not as long as yesterday so all is good!!!

Just a little tired and hungry and I don't want to wait until 9 to eat again tonight!

So on that note- Hello to all- hope you had a great day---and I'll try and stop back later- otherwise- see you in the AM!

Julie,

Thank you. The color of the bag is sort of rusty burgandy with tan lettering and hook and a fall colored variegated edging. Hard to explain, but suits my favorite, fall colors just fine! Pictures do not do it justice!

Sounds exciting to me and very sad for those that are flooded! We had big storms and damage in a lot of areas, but my mom, sister, brother and I all were spared. We don't need any more drama for a while *LOL*

Work was a very lonnnnnnggggg day with meetings all over the place. People trying to help people with the new system and the "trained" super user couldn't figure out my problem. Then another small group got together to try to figure out another part of it that will be do next week, our charge card reconcilliations....:eek:eek:eek :thinka lot of people are going to miss the deadline!

Well, darn, had a long message written out with answers to everyone and it just *poof* was gone. My brain won't handle going back to all the messages so to everyone:

Hope those that have sore throats and headaches are feeling better, sounds like a lot of areas got hit with the bad stuff yesterday, squash is good any way you fix it, to the ambitious people, sure hope you meet the goals you've set for yourselves, and HI to everyone!!!!!

Now, I think I'll go and sit and hook for a while. Need to start the mate to the sock I finished last night so it doesn't get lonely waiting :lol

I might be back later, if not talk to you in the morning. Wednesday and Thursday will be busy with work and dr. visits and chemo. It's only been since December but I'm tired of dr. appts already ICK!

Good evening everyone! Just popping in for a quick "hello"! Finished my work week, so now I can concentrate on getting some hooking done.

Things are a bit better but still have a ways to go to get myself back on track. DD found out yesterday that her 6 month old has adhd. Not much of a surprise since her husband has it as well. She is ok with it because at least she knows why he acts the way he does and she isn't blaming herself for being a bad mom. He's just has REALLY fussy days and doesn't sleep for more than a couple of hours at a time. He's been like this since he was born, so she's used to it by now!

Well, my dil had a miscarriage:( She was only a few weeks along, but they are both a little sad. They will try again in a few months as they don't want another Dec baby (gd4 was born on Dec 15) I just hope everything works out the next time. This is the 3rd "failed" pregnancy in row for them.

Well, time to go pick up dd16 from the gym. Have a good night and see you all later.:hug

yay! made it over the mountains, spent time with gk and dd. Had to come back tonight as I want to be with a friend when she has to put down an old dog..not even hers but she has been the doggy sitter for 5 months and other times before.

Took the kids to the Imagine Childrens Museum http://www.imaginecm.org/page.php?id=48 each room/area is set up for hands on for the kids. From being the bus driver to flying an airplane!

Had a great time!

Pic of my dd and my grandbabies! (they aren't much babies anymore lol)

post-35596-135897634136_thumb.jpg

Good morning!

Cheeria- Hope you got to the doctor yesterday and that you are doing ok. That's rough being sick and having to take care of two little ones! When is your DD back in town?

Trish- Sorry to hear about DIL's miscarriage. I didn't know that they could diagnose ADHD as young as 6 mos old. Enjoy your time off work.

Mary- Sounds like you had a nice fun time at the children's museum. Thanks for sharing the pic- you have a lovely DD and GK's!!

I opted to work on the baby blanket last night while watching Biggest Loser since I don't have to look at a pattern. Tonight, I'm hoping to finish DD's shrug- the best laid plans at 5AM often don't come to fruition at 7-8PM at night though! I always have way more energy early in the morning than I do after working all day!!!

Hope you all have a great day- and I'll see you on the 'flip side"

Julie- What did you think of BL last night? I was sorry to see Alex go- he really needed to be there- but I'm rooting for him to keep on course and I have a feeling we'll be very surprised at the finale.

Morning ladies

Just a quick stop in to say hi -- not feeling well at all today . Gotta call and see if I can get in to my asthma guy early .. My breathing is hideous .

Will stop in and yak more when I feel better. Not a good morning .

Good morning ladies :hi

My sixers lost last night (to the Mav's Mary1 :wink ) My boys really didn't play very well and gave up way too early....like before the end of the game!!!! Missed 4/4 free throws in the last minute :eek That is just unacceptable!

Anyhow, work was busy yet again :yes but didn't go by as quickly as I would've liked it to :shrug I found a place to take my sewing machine to be looked at :clap I spoke to a couple people about the whole practice thing and am waiting to hear back again from others now :lol Worked on the baby blanket squares at the game last night. Still need to get back to my sisters 2nd sock to finish up the pair and have until next tuesday to do so since we have a game wed and leave thurs night after work.

Mary1 - :yay for getting the router configured and being back to wireless.

Cheeria - Sorry you're not feeling well, did you make it to the dr yesterday? How are the babies?

Tam - Wow, you got alot done....I'm tired just reading about it :lol

Linda - Glad to hear that nobody got hurt with the fallen trees and that your spaghetti squash came out yummy ;)

Julie - Did you hear anything about the lady in her car? Did you get a hold of the dr to get your asthma looked at this morning?

Kiyo - I also put sugar in my sauce too, not necessarily to make it sweet but more so to take the acidity out so it doesn't bother my stomach :yes Good luck with the gifts and donations. Are you using a specific pattern for the hats and scarves? Maybe we could pitch in and help you out?

Judy - Glad you got your family stuff taken care of yesterday. Hope you have a great day today with some 'me' time :D

Cindy - Hope you have a good day at work today

Toni - Sorry you still didn't get your problem figured out at work :hug

Joanne - How's the baby blanket coming along?

Trish - Sorry to hear about DIL and miscarrage 3 :hug :hug :hug That's very difficult. I'm with Joanne, I didn't know they were able to diagnose adhd at such a young age. At that age, are they sure it's not just being a colic situation. That does make a baby very fussy :think I don't want to step on any toes on this, but it's just a thought. Did they give him medicine for it?

Mary2 - The pic of dd and the grandkids is just adorable :manyheart So sorry to hear about your friend and her/not her doggie :hug

My head felt like it wanted to blow up yesterday with the pressure in there :( I took sinus medicine that didn't touch it, before that had the other doc adjust me which did make a slight difference. So far this morning not bad, until I went to blow my nose....looks like it'll be running all day :rofl

Morning everyone!

I took my machines, the old ones, to be looked at. The one he said junk it. Needs too much work. If he fixes 1 gear that broke the next will end up going shortly cause the new one is stronger. Then if theres 2 new ones in that part the 2 in the other part will surely go. Yeah it could be done or I could buy a brand new machine for the same amount of money. I'll put it out curbside with a note. Someone who knows how might want it to fix up.

The second he kept to look at. We'll see what he says. It's a very basic machine and would be my back up.

The cold weather just doesnt want to let go. I DID see a blackbird on my feeder on saturday. They migrate here, so I know spring has to be coming soon!

I'm much more ambitious in the morning with ideas of what I'm going to do after work too JoAnn. Then I come home and think, 'what was I thinking?'.

Good morning. I'm still dragging form the busy day I had at work yesterday. Not a bad day, just kind of crazy.

Julie, I hope you were able to get into the doc and that he is able to help you.

I am planning to run a few errands today, and then I think I'm going to do some sewing. I have a gift certificate to the fabric store and I might use that today too. I have a lot of half finished projects though, I probably should just finish some of those and buy more fabric another day.

Good morning, housemates. Another sunshiny, nice spring day. The daffodils across the street are starting to bloom this morning! When I let Tilly out Monday night, there was a toad on her doorstep. She was soooo funny. She sniffed at it and woofed at it a couple of times and then ignored it until just before we went back inside, at which point she had to do the sniff and woof routine again. :lol

:lol You are special! Silly me - now I remember your telling us about the Christmas gift marathon! And that is wonderful to have a goal for the donations. Can any of us help? - or is it your personal goal? :manyheart

If you could use some help, let me/us know. I have several scarves made that you could have already and could make some more during the crochet for charity Cals each month.

Julie,

Thank you. The color of the bag is sort of rusty burgandy with tan lettering and hook and a fall colored variegated edging. Hard to explain, but suits my favorite, fall colors just fine! Pictures do not do it justice!

Sounds just gorgeous!

Work was a very lonnnnnnggggg day with meetings all over the place. People trying to help people with the new system and the "trained" super user couldn't figure out my problem. Then another small group got together to try to figure out another part of it that will be do next week, our charge card reconcilliations....:eek:eek:eek :thinka lot of people are going to miss the deadline!

Those first few weeks after a big change are rough! Good luck getting everything figured out. :hug

Things are a bit better but still have a ways to go to get myself back on track. DD found out yesterday that her 6 month old has adhd. Not much of a surprise since her husband has it as well. She is ok with it because at least she knows why he acts the way he does and she isn't blaming herself for being a bad mom. He's just has REALLY fussy days and doesn't sleep for more than a couple of hours at a time. He's been like this since he was born, so she's used to it by now!

Well, my dil had a miscarriage:( She was only a few weeks along, but they are both a little sad. They will try again in a few months as they don't want another Dec baby (gd4 was born on Dec 15) I just hope everything works out the next time. This is the 3rd "failed" pregnancy in row for them.

I didn't know they could diagnose adhd that young either. Are they treating it?

:hug :hug to dil on the miscarriage. That's tough to have so many in a row.

yay! made it over the mountains, spent time with gk and dd. Had to come back tonight as I want to be with a friend when she has to put down an old dog..not even hers but she has been the doggy sitter for 5 months and other times before.

Took the kids to the Imagine Childrens Museum http://www.imaginecm.org/page.php?id=48 each room/area is set up for hands on for the kids. From being the bus driver to flying an airplane!

Had a great time!

Pic of my dd and my grandbabies! (they aren't much babies anymore lol)

Beautiful picture, Mary 2. Glad you all had such a good time.

Hope you can get in and get some help with the breathing, Julie. :hug

Morning ladies

Just a quick stop in to say hi -- not feeling well at all today . Gotta call and see if I can get in to my asthma guy early .. My breathing is hideous .

Will stop in and yak more when I feel better. Not a good morning .

Good morning, Cindy and Linda and all my other peeps!!

Cindy, a long day does make the next one pretty rough...:yes

Linda, Tilly sounds too cute. I love trying to figure out what dogs are thinking. That's why I like the Chet and Bernie mystery stories so much. They're written from the POV of a dog - a K-9 school drop out.:lol

Trish - I'm so sorry about the miscarriages dil has had:hug:hug:hug...and I share your gd's b/day:D

Mary2, that museum must have been fun! Philadelphia has one like it - the Franklin Museum, if I remember correctly. The 8th grade class I chaperoned there (with DS) had a blast!

Aw, Jules! I hope you got in to see the doc and feel okay by the time you read this.:hug

Actually----as far as donating for the homeless shelter- If you would like to help----please do! That is just a goal of mine to be able to collect that many- letting people know I am doing it---people around here don't give to the homeless shelter, they give to the Deseret Industries which is ran by the LDS. HOWEVER-----I DO NOT have a problem with that AT all, BUT----with the economy now how it is and homelessness is SOOOOO high, I figure they probably don't have that dollar or 2 or 3 to go buy clothes, hats, etc. They are worrying where their next bite of food or shower will come from. I would LOVE for your help if you have time. I am collecting any sizes and colors----hats, scarves, mittens, socks. People have found hats on clearance at walmart etc and have grabbed them. However, if we can hand craft---all the better! YOU'RE AWESOME!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH

Linda, Tilly sounds too cute. I love trying to figure out what dogs are thinking. That's why I like the Chet and Bernie mystery stories so much. They're written from the POV of a dog - a K-9 school drop out.:lol

I hadn't ever heard of Chet and Bernie, so I googled them, and I will be looking for one of the books next time I am in the library. they sound like my kind of book. I like mysteries, but I like them to be just a little out of the ordinary. I especially like them to be slightly humorous, and these sound like they may be.

Archived