Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi Ladies,

Hi LeAnna, Nice to see you! Congrats on the blue ribbons and the fastest fingers in the west! Will keep you in my prayers with your up coming procedure. How nice to get a new deck and a balcony. Enjoy! Have safe travels to Virginia and Illinois.

Judy, Nice to see you again! Glad your enjoying writing! Glad Lucky is doing fine after her surgery. Love the pics of Sparkie and Lucy. We miss you not being here to.

Linda, Your new quilt will be a great gift to yourself. What will we use to sign are name?

Mary, Glad those dogs were quite so you could get some sleep and be ready for Luke this weekend. Have fun with him.

Wrennie, What color where his eyes? Glad you got that ball joint fixed. I had one break on a car once. I was turning into a friends driveway. We've had a couple of days of cool weather and cold nights. I'm not ready for this weather yet.

Joanne, Sorry you had a long day at work today. How sweet of DD to send you a text/pic of Ryan to start your day. Happy Anniversary!:clap for one more day of work and a weeks vacation.

Thanks for the prayers for DS! There two lawyers made contact today so maybe next week he will get his rv back until it gets cold.

I have my swiffer cover all most finished. I just have to sew it together.

Got up this morning and my internet didn't work. I called the co and they said they had a high volume of calls in my area. Talked to a tech support and she said my router wasn't any good. So I returned it and got a new one. Are new carpet is suppose to be layed next tuesday afternoon. We went to pay for it and they had a mistake on what we picked out the numbers and the carpet didn't match. Are sales person wasn't there so don't know how that all happened. Can't wait for next tuesday but a lot of work to do sunday. I have to empty my desk as I'm junking this one and using the one that came with the house. It is a smaller desk. It is in my back room so I have to pull almost everything out of there and reorganize it. We are pulling up the carpet to. Going to be a busy few days but it will all be worth it.

I'm off for the night. See you all tomorrow. Have a nice friday!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning!!!:)

Cindy- Welcome home from vacation!!!! Too bad that you had to purchase another copy of the pattern!!! But by the looks of the jacket, and the color you are using, it looks like it will be worth it!

Marlene- Glad to hear that your DS may be getting the RV back. I'll continue to pray that things work out for him. Hoping that the carpet is the right color and gets put in on Tuesday ---nothing like getting new things in the home!! I would love to get a new kitchen floor- hoping that maybe this winter we can do that.

Linda- How's things on the homefront? Is John going deer hunting this weekend or do you have the weekend off?

Mary Have fun with Luke this weekend!!:manyheart

DD told me that Ryan had his check up yesterday- poor little guy got 2 shots yesterday! He's growing and is now 11 lbs 3 oz!!! Next week he'll be 2 months old already- time is just flying by!

Christi- Don't think I've very met you- but Welcome to "Our House"

Off to get ready for Paradise...Last day until I have a week off!!!!!:clap

Good morning housemates :hi

I am sooo sorry I've totally been MIA, and I think it will go on for a little while longer :( I'll be better after my internet at the office gets hooked up. It's difficult here at my sister's and using a computer feels like a chore now :eek It's hard to regularly use my phone or nook and my laptop doesn't like to turn on :lol

That being said, I also haven't read back on the posts I've missed over the last couple weeks :eek My 'first unread post' link is still not working and brought me right to today's posts. I haven't heard back from the bank yet, so please keep some prayers coming :xfin I hope all is well and I'll try to get back in soon.

Love and miss y'all :hug

Good morning, my friends. It is much cooler and very windy today. Kim has a dentist checkup this afternoon. John is staying home this weekend so I have the weekend off. Next weekend he'll be at the hunting lodge.

Marlene ~ I'll be picking up some permanent fabric ink pens for signing the squares with. I picked up black ones already, but in thinking about it, I decided to get some colored ones, too. That will give all of you a chance to be as creative as you choose in signing them. :lol I'll put a set of the pens in an envelope mailer with squares and directions on who to send that packet on to next. Feel free to reuse the envelope. And I hope you all have fun with it. You all mean so much to me, that this will be a wonderful keepsake for me.

Hope that your DS gets the RV back.

hi, I haven't been on crochetvill in quite a while, gonna try to jump back in :) Time for bed now though. So night all

:hi Welcome back to Our House, Christi. :welcome

Joanne ~ It's hard to believe that Ryan is already almost 2 months old. Hope today goes well at Paradise.

Marisa ~ Good to hear from you. Hope things go well with the loan and that you continue to make good progress on the office.

Cindy ~ Glad you had a good time and it's always good to get back home again. I think the island would have been miserably cold, so I'm glad you decided to skip it this time.

I skipped prayer shawl meeting last night as I just did not feel good. The sudden and drastic change in our weather is plenty of reason for my not feeling good. I spent several hours snuggled up with a book and the heating pad, which helped big time. Woke up early this morning and snuggled in with both of them again.

Hope everyone has a good day. I'll check back in later. :manyheart

Good Morning! I think I'm ready for Little Guy. :lol It's a little cooler and cloudy, so a ride in his wagon will be a must this a.m. :)

Christi ~ Hi and welcome back! :manyheart I hope you'll visit with us often. :yes

Joanne ~ Yes, they grow up way too fast! Luke is 17 months and getting quite good using a fork and spoon. :) I know you're glad it's Friday!

Marisa ~ Not to worry about being gone - we'll be here! :hug Gee, that bank is taking it's sweet time...hope you get good news very soon!

Marlene ~ Yay for your internet working again! Wow! You will need a break after all you have to do by Tuesday! I hope things go a little more smoothly for your son. :manyheart

Linda ~ Sorry about the pesky weather changes...I hope you're feeling better today. :hug I love your quilt ideas!

Only two more loooong rows to go on the up-down stitch scarf. :hook

Well, I'd better do a couple of things before Luke gets here - hopefully I can check in during afternoon nap time. Have a great morning, everyone!

Good morning!

hi Christi, hope to see more of you here.

I'm back in the swing of housework around here. There is a funny smell in my house (hard to describe, not like any smell I have ever smelled before and not really a bad smell, just an odd smell) so I am deep cleaning. What with all my parents issues, cleaning has been sporadic at best. (and that reminds me, prayers and good thoughts for my dad would be appreciated, he isn't making any progress at all any more, and they don't think they will be able to wean him from the ventilator.) I scrubbed the entry way floor and am now busy dying the grout. When we built our house (30 some years ago), we made the mistake of using white grout on the tile floors in there. That grout has been a problem to me ever since. I cannot begin to count the hours I have spent scrubbing at it. Then I discovered that you can dye the grout, so I'm giving that a try. Dh said we could have chipped it all out and replaced it, but if this works it will be much easier and cheaper. Also, I can do this myself, and not have to wait until dh has time.

Too bad I have this urge to clean, because I'd love to work on my jacket...or start a new project. I bought the greatest quilt pattern this week, and would love to start it!

Gotta go...time to clean the tiles and do another section.

Linda................. THANK YOU SO MUCH for the quilt and dolls for the fundraiser! I know.... you know.... I cried like crazy when I opened the box! :hug............ Honey...........you are a true blessing in my life!

THANK YOU!

This quilt is absolutely beautiful! I LOVE the colors! Your work is just outstanding!

post-18634-135897697137_thumb.jpg

:heart

:mug

Prayers and positive thoughts for your procedure!! Remember the mind is very powerful--just keep those positive thoughts that everything will be fine!!! I'm heading to Williamsburg VA next week for a few days--too bad we weren't heading to VA around the same time!!!:hug

We are finally home. We had a good time, but it's always nice to get home. We had planned to stay another day and go to Mackinaw Island, but it was freezing and very windy up there today, and the island is always at least 15 degrees colder than the mainland, so we'd have been freezing if we went there. We've been there several times already, so we decided to skip it for this year.

Somehow I misplaced the pattern for the jacket I was working on, so I had to go out and buy another copy of the magazine. That means I have spent $14 on the pattern for this sweater. All I can say is that I hope the sweater turns out to be wearable!

It's nice to see posts from LeAnna, (good thoughts for the medical procedure) and Judy. (I also found it funny that Lucy is good except for eating the tv cable wires, - twice!)

I skimmed through posts and will hopefully catch up tomorrow.

Hi Ladies,

Hi LeAnna, Nice to see you! Congrats on the blue ribbons and the fastest fingers in the west! Will keep you in my prayers with your up coming procedure. How nice to get a new deck and a balcony. Enjoy! Have safe travels to Virginia and Illinois.

Judy, Nice to see you again! Glad your enjoying writing! Glad Lucky is doing fine after her surgery. Love the pics of Sparkie and Lucy. We miss you not being here to.

Linda, Your new quilt will be a great gift to yourself. What will we use to sign are name?

Mary, Glad those dogs were quite so you could get some sleep and be ready for Luke this weekend. Have fun with him.

Wrennie, What color where his eyes? Glad you got that ball joint fixed. I had one break on a car once. I was turning into a friends driveway. We've had a couple of days of cool weather and cold nights. I'm not ready for this weather yet.

Joanne, Sorry you had a long day at work today. How sweet of DD to send you a text/pic of Ryan to start your day. Happy Anniversary!:clap for one more day of work and a weeks vacation.

Thanks for the prayers for DS! There two lawyers made contact today so maybe next week he will get his rv back until it gets cold.

I have my swiffer cover all most finished. I just have to sew it together.

Got up this morning and my internet didn't work. I called the co and they said they had a high volume of calls in my area. Talked to a tech support and she said my router wasn't any good. So I returned it and got a new one. Are new carpet is suppose to be layed next tuesday afternoon. We went to pay for it and they had a mistake on what we picked out the numbers and the carpet didn't match. Are sales person wasn't there so don't know how that all happened. Can't wait for next tuesday but a lot of work to do sunday. I have to empty my desk as I'm junking this one and using the one that came with the house. It is a smaller desk. It is in my back room so I have to pull almost everything out of there and reorganize it. We are pulling up the carpet to. Going to be a busy few days but it will all be worth it.

I'm off for the night. See you all tomorrow. Have a nice friday!

Linda................. THANK YOU SO MUCH for the quilt and dolls for the fundraiser! I know.... you know.... I cried like crazy when I opened the box! :hug............ Honey...........you are a true blessing in my life!

THANK YOU!

This quilt is absolutely beautiful! I LOVE the colors! Your work is just outstanding!

[ATTACH]45369[/ATTACH]

Hi everyone...thank you for the welcome backs so to speak...I should doing stuff around the house but my day is going a bit slow. Tonight I'm going to a local production of the opera Carmen, starring an actual New York Opera Diva (name escapes me though) and our own Vashon Chorale in the chorus. I was actually going to try to do this myself (sing in the chorus) but life just has other plans for me...

I went to Debbie Macomber's Yarn Shop (my home away from home at least once a week it seems) and discovered I actually have two students, one for next week and one in November...woo hoo!!!!!

I don't know if any of you knew, but Debbie Macomber lost her 36 year old son about a month ago. He committed suicide. I actually saw Debbie yesterday for a few minutes. She's doing good as one could expect, keeping busy too...

Tobybob, I hope your son gets his rv back soon...I'm so sorry for all his troubles at the moment.

I know I may be sporadic in posting, but I do think of you all often...

Hi all,

It's vacation time!!!

Mary- Hope you are having fun with Luke!!

Linda- Glad that the heating pad helped- and that you have the weekend off. Signing your squares and then sending it on to the next person- sounds like fun- and I'd feel honored to be part of your very special quilt!!!

Marisa- I know you probably won't read this- but that's ok, just know that we are here when you have time!! Praying, praying, praying that the bank gets back to you SOON!!!! Hugs and miss you!!!

LeAnna- I had read about Debbie M's son- so tragic. Glad that life is keeping you busy- and that's great about the 2 students!!!

Cindy- It's funny how when we were younger we didn't think about things like white grout (and the subsequent need to clean it would cause)...hope that dying the grout worked and that you get a little relaxing time tonight!!!

Off to order dinner in - and watch my Yankees!!!

Hi Joanne, Is this coming week when you go to Virginia beach?

Marisa, hope you hear from the bank soon.

I am still not quite finished with that grout, even with dh helping me. It was a lot more work than I anticipated. I'm glad it isn't too big of a space! It does look really nice though. I hope it holds up!

I'm really tired, and mostly I just sat on my knees all day. I'm not as limber as I used to be! You ought to see me getting up from the floor! My knees hurt too! (They are not as well padded as the rest of me!)

While waiting for sections of the grout to dry, I cleaned the refrigerator. I was going to go run errands tonight, but I'm ready to sit around and read or craft.

Thanks for the welcome Joanne, LindaT and Mary! Mary, what is an up-down stitch? Look forward to seeing your scarf. Hi Cindy, used to see you in little yellow house and one of the other threads. Been a while might be an understatement, more like it has been a couple years I think. Sorry to hear your Dad isn't doing well.

Gonna go work on my baby afghan now have a good night

Cindy- keeping your Dad in my prayers! And yes, this is the week we head to VA- We are going to Williamsburg and might go to Virginia Beach for a day- it all depends on the weather- we'll see. Looking forward to getting away for a few days!

Christy- What baby afghan pattern are you using? I have another baby blanket that needs to be made for a friend at work- but she's not due till January so I have a little time. I may do a RR in the colors that I did for my grandson (blue/brown/cream)since I have some yarn left over and probably enough to make another. (if not I'd only have to buy 1 skein) I had made one for another co-worker too and she liked it.

Hi Ladies,

Christi, Welcome! Glad to have you join us. What side of the state do you live on. I live kind of in the center of the state.

Cindy, Prayers continue for your Dad. Hope dying the grout works for you. SIL & BIL built there house to and have tile floors in the kitchen, dining room, bathroom and 2 entreways. They said they wouldn't do it again if they had a choice. The quilt looks like a lot of work but will be really nice when done.

Mary, Hope you got to take Luke for a wagon ride before it got to hot. Have fun with him this weekend.

Linda, Hope your feeling a bit better. Enjoy your weekend off. What are your plans?

LeAnna, I hadn't heard about Debbie M's son. That's to bad. :clap for having to students.

Joanne, :clap for vacation time!

Marisa, Hope you hear from the bank soon. Will be praying about it for you.

We went to GS's football game tonight and he got to play. He played a tiny bit of 3rd quarter and all of 4th quarter. He even had his named announced for a tackle. They won there 4th game. The first play of the game the team had a team member possible get knocked out. He got tackled and he didn't move or get up for a long time. They finally got an ambulance there and they put all the braces around him and took him to the hospital. I hope there will be something in the paper tomorrow that he is okay. I don't know why they don't have an ambulance there just in case they are needed. Where I use to live we always had an ambulance and the police there when the game started.

The lawyers talked and DIL thinks because she is making the payments on things she is entitled to them. Her lawyer says she doesn't understand it. Son said at this point he don't care if he gets the rv back or not. But he wants his personal stuff and he shouldn't have to give her anything for them. He has some big items he's holding on to until the judge says different and she don't like that. It's going to be a long 13 years with her.

Payton plays football and Jocelyn cheerleads his team so we are going to that in the morning. DIL gave me there schedule. Son said I should feel priveleged as none of the other grandparents ever got a schedule. It will be good to see the kids and let them no no matter what happens with there parents we love them.

I'm off for the night. Hope everyone has a great weekend! Prayers and :hug for everyone!

Good morning ~ School is going swiiming-ly well for the little ladies, but I still feel as though I am playing catch-up every night. There are Daily Planners to sign, homework to check, Parent Newsletters to read, upcoming events to record on the calendar, homework/Internet security/Safe Schools training/bullying/etc. contracts to read and discuss with the girls before signing and returning in their folders. And the list of parent homework seems to go on and on and on. Yikes, I do not remember this from last year :think I spent Thursday morning with the school's Booster Club to get the year off to a start with a volunteer meeting. Friday, Kyri's class spent the afternoon at the high school football field launching rockets they built, using baking soda and vinegar to replicate a volcano erupting, putting Mentoes candy in bottles of Diet Coke and watching them explode, and a few other "messy" projects in their 'Blast Off to 4th Grade' Science Intro. Great fun!! :yes I got to help, and I came home as sticky as the students :blush

Amid those activities at school during the day, DH was preparing to head to Southeast Asia, and I had laundry to wash and iron, some munchies to make, and paperwork to organize for him. He will be gone for the next 15 days :(. At least, I will not have to worry about a snowstorm or driving in bad weather :whew. So, I am here, but only popping in-and-out for the next little while, until I get my feet under me, again.

Linda ~ I love your friendship quilt squares. What a neat idea! I hope you really get to relax this weekend, while John is home.

Mary ~ Ooooh, fun days ahead with Little Guy :manyheart I hope the temps stay down, so that you can get out with the wagon and let him play outside. What are his favorite foods, now?

Marlene ~ It is so hard to see our children (at any age) going through difficult times. You are absolutely right that your grandchildren are not at fault for their mother's behavior, and that they deserve your love and attention, whenever you are allowed to give it to them :yes Prayers for your whole family at this difficult time.

Christi ~ Hi, there. It's nice to see you, again. Is your baby afghan one from the HYH site, or are you not doing a quilt-ghan at the moment? I have a baggie-full of saltines, that I had planned to work into a 9-Patch afghan, but I have not looked at it in ages. I ought to do that, one of these days :lol Pop-in as time allows, we love to chat.

Tam ~ Your first fundraising opportunity is this weekend, isn't it? :hugfor a good show.

Cindy ~ I will keep your father in my prayers. I am glad you had a chance to get-away, and I am sure the scenery was lovely on your train trip. See, we are in the air for over 9 hours when we go to Hawaii, and the view out of the window is not nearly as interesting as I assume yours was, so I would really like that tour, I think. Glad that it did not rain for you, at least. Bummer to hear that you had to purchase a second copy of your jacket's pattern -- it will be worth it, though :crocheting Are you even able to move this morning after all of that time you spent working on your tile floors, yesterday? I hope you can take it easy, today :hug

Wrennie ~ I hope your forced indoor time involved a lot of crochet time :hook

LeAnna ~ How great to hear that you have students for upcoming classes. Your home improvement projects sound like ours -- on-going, and, slightly, inconvenient :lol The end result is going to be worth it.

Marisa ~ Hope you have heard from the bank by this time. Any more time to attend local sporting events and getting to know the home team? Take care :hug

Joanne ~ :yay:yayVacation :yay:yay Have a safe trip. I have to ask, what are you taking along in the car to work on? Is your suitcase packed with clothing or yarn and notions?? :rofl Enjoy your time to relax.

Sorry if I did not catch you, personally, on this go-'round. The girls and I are going to Grand Forks to use my 20% off coupon at JoAnn's, eat lunch at a restaurant, and try out a fancy-schmancy new playground that recently opened near the college. Yes, I am planning to bring my yarn and work on a cardigan for me. Talk to you all, later!

So what indoor work did you do? Hope it involved a little:crocheting

just cleaning & the such. No yarn involved. I did stack a little wood later in the day.

Wrennie, What color where his eyes?

First ya have to know he has a 'dark' look to him. He has dark with some gray s&p in there hair, and a dark complexion. The you get to his eyes and they're a very light ice blue. Very striking.

hi, I haven't been on crochetvill in quite a while, gonna try to jump back in :) Time for bed now though. So night all

:welcome

THANK YOU!

[ATTACH]45369[/ATTACH]

WOW! Gorgeous quilt!!

Wrennie ~ I hope your forced indoor time involved a lot of crochet time :hook

:P nope

Cindy glad you had a good time away. Can ya come to my house and clean like all that for me?

Marlene awol is ok, we all have life that gets in the way.

OK, when Marton died I emailed a bunch of online friends who I'd lost touch with. A couple years ago I joined facebook and never went back. They found me there and my email was flooded with friend requests. So I went to the library and went back to FB.(my computer here is too old & slow to load social networks)

So if anyone is on there I can pm you my name if you want to add me.

Got a load of work to do today. Yard work, wood stacking, pickle making, cleaning... I need 3 more of me to get it done.:lol

Good morning! Sorry that I've been MIA lately but things have gotten a little crazy.:blush BF's grandma passed away last Sunday, very unexpectedly, and we've trying to deal with that. She went to the ER on Thursday night, with a complaint that she had pain on the side of her neck. She sat in the waiting room for 3 hours and then she crashed. Ends up that she was in septic shock and all of her organ systems started shutting down. They still have no idea what caused it. She was only 68 (his step-grandma but she was the only grandma that he knew). It's been a mess trying to figure everything out. BF's grandpa is in the early stages of dementia/Alzheimers, so he is really confused at times.:(

BF still played in his softball tourney Sat and Sun though. There really was nothing he could do and it was a good distraction for him. His team won the championship, so that really helped. He's hunting this weekend, as it is the opening weekend of deer season.(yuck)

SIL's mother had a small stroke Sunday night and they found out she has congestive heart failure. She's ok but it has been very stressful on dd and sil. Still no baby!!!:eek She has started to dilate, but nothing else is happening. Very impatient!LOL ! DS and DIL found out that they are having a boy! He is so excited since they already have a girl. They had a rough week as well as they had to put down one of their kitties. It was very sad as he had been a family pet since DS was 16 and was the sweetest thing around.

Ok-now that I've written a novel, I'll go back and read all the posts I've missed!

:hug:manyheart

Hello everyone. It's a gorgeous fall day here today.

We went to a huge garage sale/ flea market this morning and I bought a really nice pair of recycled mittens. They are made out of old sweaters. DD bought a pair too. We also did some other errands and got groceries. Unfortunately I forgot to pick up my prescriptions, so I will have to go out again.

Hi all

I had a very nice productive, fun day. I got up early, didn't log on the computer and did my laundry and cleaning. Then I went to visit DD and BF and spent a few hours with them- and went to a neat fabric store that has been in that neighborhood for about 50 years. I bought some fabric for lining SBT's and also got some buttons and thread. I noticed that they even sold crochet hooks there. I asked the owner if he had any fabric with coffee beans on it- the SBT I kept for myself I lined with that type fabric. He said he may be able to hunt some down for me! That's what is great about an independent shop!!!!

After that I went to Target and then to see DD, SIL and Ryan. We watched the Yankee game together and I got lots of cuddle time in with him.

Now I'm home, checking in and it's time to pack. I've already packed the yarn!

Dusti- in answer to your question- I'll probably work on either a SBT or a scarf in the car. I've done both and find them very easy to do while DH is driving. Of course, I'll probably take a turn driving too---after the first "pit stop". Safe travels to your DH--and I'm sure you'll have your feet under you in no time!!! Bet you had a great day today with your DD's -it sounded like a fun way to spend the day!!!

Cindy- the flea market sounds like a lot of fun!!!

Trish- So sorry to hear about all the sadness in your family- but it seems that you mentioned three things (if my memory serves me correctly) so hopefully, it'll be only good things---like a new grandchild soon!!!!

Wrennie- You've been keeping busy- I thought your indoor activities may have included some yarn! Maybe today?

Linda- How are you enjoying your day off?

Thinking of all of our housemates-and wishing you all a good night!!

Tomorrow morning-it's off to VA

God has blessed me with the best online friends EVER!

The fundraiser was a huge success! I cant tell you how excited I am!

It has been one heck of a long day! :whew

Most everything went... I have a few items here and there that I will take to the craft fair on the 24th .... I'm sure they will go there!

Thank you all soooooooooooooooooooooo very much for EVERYTHING!!!!

your love... help... prayers... and friendship mean everything to me! God Bless you all!

luv you guys!

Most everything went... I have a few items here and there that I will take to the craft fair on the 24th .... I'm sure they will go there!

your love... help... prayers... and friendship mean everything to me! God Bless you all!

luv you guys!

:clap:yay Great news!!! I'm so happy that I could be a little part of your fundraiser. Now on to the craft fair!!!:lol

luv you guys!

I'm glad it was such a success!

Hi everyone! We took Luke home about 3 and it's way too quiet...I miss him! We had lots of fun and I will admit to being tired. :lol

Tam ~ Congratulations! :cheer I'm so glad it was a success! Hopefully, the craft fair will be, too. :yes

Cindy ~ I was sad to read that your dad hasn't improved. :hug You sure have been busy at home!

Sorry for a short post...it may be tomorrow before I can catch up with your posts. DH offered to take me out to dinner!

Have a good evening. :manyheart

Archived